Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Go talk to Lucie No, you know what? Go get a drink first. I don't trust any co-conspirator who doesn't drink. Go to the bar, l'chaim it up, and then go sit with Lucie.

Jeez, does this book have ADD? Every time we get near talking to her the book tries to throw something shiny at us instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

CzarChasm posted:

Go talk to Lucie No, you know what? Go get a drink first. I don't trust any co-conspirator who doesn't drink. Go to the bar, l'chaim it up, and then go sit with Lucie.

Jeez, does this book have ADD? Every time we get near talking to her the book tries to throw something shiny at us instead.

I am filled with mounting confidence that Lucie is bad news for us. Frankly I don't think any of the options presented to us look like a good idea right now but there's something about the stupid audacity of 132 that appeals to me. "Hello shady individuals, I'm the leader of the Judian resistance, might your underworld kingpin be interested in using his illegal means to aid our worthy cause to over throw the oppressive regime?"

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Page 227 posted:

Tyutchev looks at you insolently. His direct stare makes you feel very uncomfortable. He has challenged many a poor fellow with a look like this, most of them didn't live to tell the tale. Now he says, 'So a Judain comes ready for the slaughter! It's hardly worth the bother of collecting the ten gleenars' reward, but then there is the pleasure of killing you.'

He speaks as though you were a slimebeast that had crawled out from under a stone. He draws his sword, a great one-and-a-half-hander, which he wields with negligent ease and power, as if it were a toothpick. It thrums through the air as he prepares to slaughter you. With a surprisingly quick movement for so lare a man he manages to put himself between you and the only door. It doesn't look as if the latrine here backs onto the outside world so there is no escape that way. Perhaps that is why so many thieves drink here - they are never bothered by the city guard. You have no choice but to fight.

Turn to 297.

Bonus points to anyone who picks up what Jamie Smith is doing here, besides comparing us to a slimebeast.

Page 297 posted:

Do you possess a sword?

If you do, turn to 328.
If not, turn to 384.

Page 328 posted:

Tyutchev is one of the greatest living warriors. His sword has drunk the blood of scores of unfortunates who crossed him or perhaps just admitted to worshiping the wrong god. There is a gleam of pleasure in his cruel eyes as he hefts his sword in one hand. You can be sure he will grant you no mercy, if he bests you.

His weapon is almost two feet longer than your blade and his reach is immense.

Will you try to get in close (turn to 338), or warily keep your distance and try to parry his first blow (turn to 363)?

: While slimebeast is not entirely inaccurate after last night, I still resent the comparison. Have at you!

Character Sheet posted:

Jay 'The Hammer' Sherman the Nazirite

Skills: CHARMS, CUNNING, SWORDPLAY and WILDERNESS LORE

Life Points: 7/12

Gleenars: 9

Possessions: Amulet, sword, evidently a dagger (?), one slightly used crossbow bolt, sack full of slime and vomit-soaked sawdust

Codewords: Satori

Kills: Embracer, a guard, an Infernal Machine and the tiny man inside it, a pointy-toothed native, Ejada, the Moon Dog, Skarvench

Failures: Root'd to death, despair!'d, swallowed and digested by a Colossus beetle, ate a pig and failed to avert an ecological cataclysm, slave'd and toil'd to death, pulmonary arrownation, stabbed in the eyes and left to "live" off the land, lightly dragon'd, tree'd from a great height x2, Countless Swords of the Westermen'd, gale'd, yardam'd, rack'd

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Get in close. Because giving space and going into defensive against an expert fighter armed with a bastard sword is totally safer.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Wait, is the same guy we met in Tailsman of Death? Huh. He killed us at least once I think.

Get in Close.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh hey, it's this guy. I remember him from Talisman of Death. Still a huge jerk, I see.

Get in close so he can't use his reach to his advantage.

e:f,b.

Russ L
Feb 26, 2011
Rush him. Get in close.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Any fighter worth his blade should be able to ruin us regardless, but getting in close is a marginally better option than falling for Baby's First Feint, which any fighter who's managed to live half as long can execute better than we could parry.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Yeah, get in close. There's no sense trying to outrange him.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Tyutchev? As in, the Russian poet? :v:

Anyway, get in close.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Comstar posted:

Wait, is the same guy we met in Tailsman of Death? Huh. He killed us at least once I think.

Get in Close.

Bingo...mostly. We didn't tussle with him that much in our play-through - in fact we almost skipped him entirely. He also shows up in ASSASSIN! and INFERNO! from the Way of the Tiger series. Jamie Smith apparently is a fan of this particular NPC, although to the best of my knowledge this book stands alone as the only one not set in the world of Orb. I don't believe any of the Virtual Reality series is part of any larger continuity, but I'll be able to say this a bit more confidently once we've wrapped up the series. Anyhow, moving along:

Page 338 posted:

You move in close to seize the initiative. Tuytchev falls back into the corner of the tavern, where he is cramped by the low ceiling. He cannot make a powerful overhead swing without catching his longsword against the rafters. He has fought in these conditions before, however, and you can do no more than hold your own. You might be able to get past his blurred sword tip if you are fast enough, but for a big man he moves very quickly. You wound him but only at the expense of a nasty cut to your side. Lose 2 Life Points. The grimace of pain on Tyutchev's pale face is quickly replaced by one of cold fighting rage. You sense that you cannot best this man unless you can slip your sword point past his guard.

If you have AGILITY or SWORDPLAY, you can turn to 367.
Otherwise, decide if you will fight on (turn to 377) or turn and flee (turn to 199).

Not a huge fan of how things are worded here, as having SWORDPLAY yet choosing to fight is death. So let's actively play with swords.

Page 367 posted:

Only a very agile fighter like yourself could slip past the mesmerizing point of Tyutchev's sword as it whistles through the air in deadly arcs. You crouch and spring forward, then lunge your sword into the gap in his armor, beneath his armpit. There is a satisfying groan from Tyutchev who staggers back and looks on you with new respect. But he is not beaten yet.

Will you call on him to put down his sword, saying that senseless slaughter serves no purpose (turn to 397), or will you fight on, turn to 373?

: Please, lay down your arms! Your very, very, very long, pointy arms.

Character Sheet posted:

Life Points: 5/12

Possessions: Amulet, sword, evidently a dagger (?), one slightly used crossbow bolt, sack full of slime and vomit-soaked sawdust, sucking chest wound

Kills: Embracer, a guard, an Infernal Machine and the tiny man inside it, a pointy-toothed native, Ejada, the Moon Dog, Skarvench

Failures: Root'd to death, despair!'d, swallowed and digested by a Colossus beetle, ate a pig and failed to avert an ecological cataclysm, slave'd and toil'd to death, pulmonary arrownation, stabbed in the eyes and left to "live" off the land, lightly dragon'd, tree'd from a great height x2, Countless Swords of the Westermen'd, gale'd, yardam'd, rack'd

Ratatozsk fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 14, 2015

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
So in those other two books, was this guy particularly hard to kill?

I say we fight on, but I"m willing to be wrong on this.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

He's clearly not a terminator, so maybe he can be reasoned with?

I'll put away my sword if you put yours away first.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

drat it random fantasy CYOA author, you don't look at the tip of the other guy's blade unless you like seeing it go into you. I say ask for a truce .

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

We're a holy man and a member of the reviled underclass to boot, spare him to serve as a shining example to others.

Considering how gritty this book has been so far, with holding girls hostage and opportunities for casual youth shankings, I expect to be horribly wrong.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
We're a holy man and there ain't no New Testament :colbert:

Kill!!

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Remember, King David killed a bunch of hittites, specifically to cut their foreskins off to give to another king as a birthday present.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Page 397 posted:

'Slaughter is a fine end in itself. No end is finer than death and destruction. Slaughter is the reason the god Anarchil put me on this world.' He is smiling as he says it but he really means what he is saying. Tyutchev is a very dangerous lunatic. You have never heard of his god but you can rest assured it is a vicious and barbaric cult that reveres him.

He turns to Lucie. 'I leave you to talk with this Judain. But you may call on me this evening.'

'Will we be alone?' she asks.

'Yes. Cassandra took ship for Aleppo on the rising tide.'

Lucie looks pleased. 'Til tonight, then.

Tyutchev quits the tavern, leaving you alone with Lucie.

Turn to 403.

In other incarnations, Tyutchev is a follower of Anarchil, along with the swordsmaid (swordswoman?) Cassandra and the mage Thaum (the latter only in WotT.) I'll admit that my familiarity with Fabled Lands is limited, so I'm not sure if this and Green Blood fit into that world.

Page 403 posted:

You sit down beside Lucie, oblivious of the other vermin in this slop hole. 'Why do people like him waste time in a place like this? I mean, I don't want to offend, but there must be girls like you in other cities north of the sea.'

'Ah, but in Godorno everyone is desperate. Tyutchev like desperate people.'

'Are you desperate, Lucie?'

'Aren't you, to survive?'

You change the subject. 'I've never seen a man wield a sword like that before. I didn't know it was possible. He fights like a demigod.'

'And he thinks he is a demigod, too,' says Lucie with an arch smile. 'It really gripes him when people don't treat him that way. And now you're going to ask what's a nice girl like me-'

'-doing with a murderous bastard like that?'

'He amuses me.'

'What about his woman friend, the one called Cassandra?'

Lucie shivers. 'She'd like to kill me, that one. She's killed enough men in her time. Soon as she's tired of them she fires them with cold steel. I'll make a bargain with you, Judain. You kill her for me and I'll help you save your beloved people. I know I only look like a little sweetmeat of a girl, but I can do it, with people like Tyutchev on my side.'

'He won't thank us for killing Cassandra.'

'What's the matter, Judain? Are you frightened?'

You coolly point out that Tyutchev said Cassandra had taken ship to Aleppo.

Lucie sneers prettily. 'She';ll be back sooner or later.'

'It's no business of mine,' you reply.

Lucie looks annoyed for a moment, then turns a bright smile on you. 'You're quite the hero of your people, and I like heroes. You can call on me if you need me and I'll give you a reward for your heroism.'

'Thank you, Lucie. All help is appreciated in these troubled days.'

Bidding her farewell, you leave the inn.

Turn to 199.

Remind me in the post-book to explore the other options to explore upon entering this join.

Page 199 posted:

As you hurry away from the inn, you remember you have to attend the meeting of the heads of the resistance cells. As you make your way quickly through the desolate streets, you pass an old man pushing a cart willed with curios. He is Tarkamandor, a collector and trader who deals in enchanted items.

If you stop to talk to him, turn to 51.
If you press on to the meeting without delay, turn to 94.

Railroading to increase content volume.

Page 51 posted:

Tarkamandor tells you he has decided to quit the city. 'Matters have gone too far,' he says. 'Each day I fear the guards will come to drag me off to Grond.'

'Why should you fear?' you saw with a trace of bitterness. 'You are not Judain.'

He gives a snort of ironic laughter. 'Do you think that what has been going on is a simple matter of persecution? It goes deeper than that. The Overlord started his attacks on your people to distract attention from his disastrous policies, reasoning that once the populace had a scapegoat to blame they would be easier to control.'

'That strategy has worked well then.'

'Now it is out of control! Hate is rife in the city. It extends in its influence like a cancer. Today it is you Judain who are marched off to the prison. Tomorrow it may be the aged, or the infirm, or those who dare to speak out against the Overlord. That's why I'm leaving.' He takes a few more steps, the wheels of his cart sloshing through the rut of mire in the middle of the street, then pauses and looks back. 'As long as I'm going, I suppose I ought to sell some of my stock. Are you interested?'

He has a healing salve which can be used once at any time except when in combat; it will restore all lost Life Points. Another item on the cart is a pair of elfin boots which grant their wearer one use of the AGILITY skill and must then be discarded. Tarkamandor also offers you a censer of fragrant incense which he swears is blessed by the temple, a sword, a set of throwing knives, and a magic want. His prices are as follows:

Healing salve: 80 gleenars
Elfin boots: 100 gleenars
Censer of fragrant incense: 100 gleenars
Sword: 10 gleenars
Throwing knives: 15 gleenars
Magic wand: 60 gleenars

Decide what you are buying and remember to deduct the money. (You might also wish to note the number of this entry in case you need to refer later to find out what your items do.) Bidding Tarkamandor farewell, you set off to the meeting.

Turn to 94.

: Oof. A tad steep with the prices now, are we? Even the most expensive clock has only 60 minutes!

Page 94 posted:

The heads of each cell have risked coming together at the granary warehouse behind the old army stables on Slipshod Row. There are some two hundred people here, waiting for you to address them. Now that they are standing up to the Overlord, they are regaining their self respect. They report the number of their people dragged off to the Grond by the Overlord's guards is much diminished. Resistance fighters have assassinated over thirty key figures in the bureaucracy. If they continue to act with such success the Overlord will soon have to meet your demands.

'There is bound to be a backlash,' you caution. 'Beware of anyone who is not of our people. They are jealous of us. At the end of this meeting, I am going to give you all new assignments and new safe houses in which to lie low. If we keep moving like this the Overlord's men can never find us all, even if they catch one of us for torture.'

Your people are cheered to find you have thought about the situation and they look to you increasingly for leadership.

Turn to 160.

Page 160 posted:

You must decide your next bold stroke to free the city from the grip of hatred and unreason.

If you have the codeword Sunset, turn to 337.
If not, turn to 100.

Page 100 posted:

Do you wish to seek out Melmelo, the master of the Guild of Thieves?

If so, turn either to 117 (if you have the codeword Sunset), to 26 (if you have the codeword Impasse), to 334 (if you have the codeword Cool) or to 153 (if you have none of those codewords).

Alternatively, you might decide to visit the library to look for more information about Hate. If so, turn either to 49 (if you have the codeword Codex) or to 110 (if you do not have that codeword).
If you wish to organize the defense of the city, turn to 174.
If you decide to go to confront Hate itself, turn to 272.

: I'm suddenly feeling vastly underprepared for this moment.

: I'd be happy to offer some advice on the situation. 5 shekels a pop.

Character Sheet posted:

Possessions: Amulet, sword, evidently a dagger (?), one slightly used crossbow bolt, sack full of slime and vomit-soaked sawdust, sucking chest wound

Ratatozsk fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 15, 2015

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

The pacing of this book seems strange, have we accidentally chosen the shortest route?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Let's go to the library!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The library goes right back to the current page, is that intentional? Library if not, confront Hate if so.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Decoy Badger posted:

The library goes right back to the current page, is that intentional? Library if not, confront Hate if so.

Whoops, fixed.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

To the library!

I wish we could afford that elfin thing, an one time use of AGILITY would be great since I'm sure that'll come up somewhere as the only option.

Russ L
Feb 26, 2011
Library! Read about how to use The Power Of Love to defeat Hate.

Edit: We could also look up how to spell simple words like 'defeat' while we're in there, for my benefit.

Russ L fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 15, 2015

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Page 110 posted:

You slip into the great yellowstone library of Brunelesci unseen and take down what is a recent invention: the combined dictionary and bestiary. Crouching beneath a reading bench you are soon immersed in the cursive script. 'Hate, hatred, detestation, abhorrence, abomination, malignity,' and there are quotes from Senecio, one of the great playwrights of the age. 'Do all men kill the thing they do not love? Hates any man the thing he would not kill?' and 'The monster that turneth man against his daughter and mother against her firstborn son, servitor of Death and handmaid to Destruction, maker of wars and inspiration of man's blackest deeds.'

According to the scholar who complied the lexicon and bestiary, 'Hate always shows its true face and so may be bested.' Unfortunately he does not write how to overcome the monster. There is much written here, it is almost as if he was obsessed, 'In concert with Fear the most terrible of the Trinity of the Dark, Hate feeds on the bodies and souls of those who have given themselves up to the monster's embrace in despair, depravity and degradation.'

You are still staring in fascination at the illuminated pages of the manuscript when the door opens and a soft-footed scholar librarian comes into the book-lined room. You have read enough and will learn nothing more here, so you creep out and return to Bumble Row, none the wiser but a little more oppressed of spirit.

Note the codeword Codex and turn to 160.

Page 160 posted:

You must decide your next bold stroke to free the city from the grip of hatred and unreason.

If not, turn to 100.

In case it isn't clear, our little place kinda serves as a mini-hubworld, and the codewords are mostly set to prevent us from retracing our steps. Now, we saw how well this turned out in Green Blood...

Page 100 posted:

If so, turn either to 117 (if you have the codeword Sunset), to 26 (if you have the codeword Impasse), to 334 (if you have the codeword Cool) or to 153 (if you have none of those codewords).

Alternatively, you might decide to visit the library to look for more information about Hate. If so, turn either to 49 (if you have the codeword Codex) or to 110 (if you do not have that codeword).

Character Sheet posted:

Codewords: Satori, Codex

Ratatozsk fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 17, 2015

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Is 49 crossed off because it leads to what we just saw? We have the codeword, I say let's stay in the library until they lock us in.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Kangra posted:

Is 49 crossed off because it leads to what we just saw? We have the codeword, I say let's stay in the library until they lock us in.

Whoops, copied from previous post and didn't remove the out-of-date strikes.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
It seems like a bad idea to return to the library again, so lets do exactly that.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yes, let's do library

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

I think that we should attempt to organise the defence of the city.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Let's go back to the library.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Let's go to the Li-bra-ry
And learn about some Hate

Also, since Hate and Fear and Dark are all capitalized, I'm guessing that they are all personified in some way and we will have to actually stab at them with swords.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Page 49 posted:

You find the librarian outside the building, staring at a glimmering pile of ashes. As you go closer, you see that someone has piled up the books of the library and torched them. The librarian falls to his knees, overcome with distress. 'They burned my books!' he groans, tears running into his beard.

'Who did? And why?' you ask.

'The Overlord's men. They said that knowledge was the enemy of law and order. They claimed that lies had been written in the books by Judain authors. Oh, such a waste...!'

There is no chance now of finding more about Hate from the writings of ancient scholars; you may not visit the library again should you be given the option. You wonder if the Overlord has truly gone mad.

Turn to 160.

: You bastards! That lexicon had 2 weeks until being donated to the local elder's home!

Page 160 posted:

If not, turn to 100.

Page 100 posted:

There was a single vote for defense of the city, so let's roll with that.

Page 174 posted:

Exploiting the rekindled morale of the Judain resistance and the other townsfolk who are rallying to your banner, you make your plans for the defense of the city. If you construct barricades in certain sectors of the city you can challenge the Overlord's authority. If his men cannot capture the barricades all will know that the writing is on the wall; it will only be a matter of time before you are storming the palace.

The barricade is composed of flagstones and carts, doors stripped from nearby deserted houses, and even pews from the nearest temple. The carts have been laden with mud. Even an elephant could not break through. The blockage is ten feet high and in places a parapet has been built on the defender's side from which potshots can be taken at the Overlord's city guard as they advance. You have archers in the windows and on the roofs of the houses on either side of the barricade. Morale is high; the stories of your exploits have placed you high in the esteem of your people.

But you have not chosen the sites for your barricades well. The Overlord's guards are quick to exploit your mistake. They pour a rain of crossbow quarrels from the roof into the brave defenders, slaughtering many, before charging the barricade. The ensuing battle is a slaughter. The guards have roused themselves to one last great effort to reclaim the streets of the city and they are putting the brave defenders to the sword. You decide discretion is the better part of valor and retreat to Bumble Row.

Turn to 41.

Page 41 posted:

You pass a troubled night in your lair and wake listening to the chittering of the rats that flourish as the city becomes a slum. You feel better for the rest and wake refreshed. You may restore 2 lost Life Points. You wash in cold water and plan what to do on this grey morning. There is only once course of action left to you. You will have to attack Hate itself and vanquish it utterly if you are to save your people.

Turn to 272.

You are invigorated by the crushing losses of your cause and your allies!

Page 272 posted:

As the head of the Judain resistance movement in Godorno you are now one of the most powerful people in the city. With power comes responsibility but you comfort yourself that you are doing your best. You wonder how many more Judain will die carrying out your orders. How many innocent people will suffer. Will the Overlord give in to your demands? Or will you all be taken to the prison fortress of Grond and tortured?

The Overlord is no longer the great enemy. It is Hate you must outwit. In order to do so you must know something about its movements. Where does it sleep? Can it be harmed? How long does it take to ingest lost souls? You need the answers to these questions but where will you seek them?

Will you take a gondola down Grand Canal and hope Hate comes to you (turn to 292), or will you explore the catacombs (turn to 248)?

: Wait, I'm still in charge? I didn't lose face in that debacle? That sounded like a catastrophe!

: Well, who else do they have to look up to? Caiaphas? That librarian crying into his beard?

: I dunno. At this point I'd imagine that even some intangible concept like Hope or Reserved Optimism would be preferable...

Character Sheet posted:

Kills: Embracer, a guard, an Infernal Machine and the tiny man inside it, a pointy-toothed native, Ejada, the Moon Dog, Skarvench, our credibility as a tactician

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Catacombs. Lets track the beast to its lair.

It's very weird that catastrophic loss of your followers and your own cowardly retreat seems to have no impact other than a bit of a heal. You would think the book would at least bother to give you a fake keyword like "Overrun" or "Coward" to make the reader suspect there would be consequences down the line.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Well, uh, I certainly wasn't expecting that. I guess we're militarily incompetent? Well played on the addition to the kills list.

I'll join in for the catacombs vote. Rolling on down there Grand Canal waiting for Hate itself to come eat us feels somewhat premature. Not least of which because the text itself tells us we're not ready!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The catacombs sounds like the only sensible option to me.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Might as well hit up the catacombs seeing as how we're dead meat anyway.

I'm going to preemptively put in a vote for Ask about the leader of the thieves' guild after Hate is using our femur as a toothpick.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Page 248 posted:

Where will you enter the catacombs? There is a new fissure opened up in the sea wall at the old dock. There is also a way into the catacombs beneath the Overlord's stables.

Will you go to the sea wall (turn to 352), or the Overlord's stables (turn to 262)?

Character Sheet posted:

Kills: Embracer, a guard, an Infernal Machine and the tiny man inside it, a pointy-toothed native, Ejada, the Moon Dog, Skarvench, our credibility as a tactician

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Uh... the Sea Wall. Rolling in through the stables feels like a good way to get caught and die like a chump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Stables because we can't swim I'm guessing.

• Locked thread