Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any quickly-accessible chests or other inventories in blightfall? Plain old double chests not stacking next to each other is one of those things that gives me fits :v:
if you have iron to spare you can make a Trapped Chest which stacks properly next to plain double chests

quote:

(edit) New one apparently I can request a whole big reactor? Dang. Any reason not to do that right now?

you only get like four yellorium so unless you can fuel it consistently it's going to be a pretty big waste of reputation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It only costs 20 reputation. That's peanuts. You get like 14 for one scouting trip. The "downside" is that unlike most of the things you can order from the supplier, you can only ever get one big reactor, and it's not actually that big. Still, even if you don't intend on using it as is it's a ton of free reactor parts towards getting you a real power system going.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
So is the ore cache 3 supposed to be a complete dud? I've dug up and down directly at the center and there's no sign of large streaks of ores just laying around. Currently letting an ethereal bloom clear it up a bit before exploring the cavern.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

drunkencarp posted:

How does anyone play with any given modpack for any length of time? I've been using Direwolf20's FTB pack on the grounds that it must by definition be well-supported, and the recent update to it somehow broke my world such that my framerate goes to single digits if I'm within 100m of my base. I tried rolling back to the previous version of the mod but somehow all of my backups pick up from right after I loaded the world with the new version of the modpack which I don't understand at all how that happened.

This is like the twentieth time some version of this has happened to me -- everything's going along fine, I make the mistake of making a suggested update, and suddenly a couple of months' worth of stuff is lost. I'm the sucker for believing the thing when it told me it was backing stuff up, I guess.

Stick to goon made modpacks? At least then if something goes wrong you can yell at them in this thread!

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Which section of the quest book is the botania one?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Paranormalist, I believe. It's gated behind completing one choice of five and then eventually up to nine different ways if you've progressed further with the HQM elsewhere.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
What's the deal with potions? I found a brewing stand, and I was trying to make invisibility potions for the paranormalist quest, but the HQM won't accept them, and NEI won't display potions of any kind, even though I can craft (and drink) them just fine.

Edit: Figured out half of it anyway. The HQM book wants the 8 minute duration ones, not the 3 minute duration, the request is just ambiguous. Still not sure how to get the potions tab to light up in NEI, I can turn other item tabs on and off easily.

Mzbundifund fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 15, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh god, gold isn't considered a tech ore and therefore I can't request it in blightfall, it took me over an hour to find two ore and I used them both on casts without making my thaumometer :suicide:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

What's the deal with potions? I found a brewing stand, and I was trying to make invisibility potions for the paranormalist quest, but the HQM won't accept them, and NEI won't display potions of any kind, even though I can craft (and drink) them just fine.

NEI has them shut off from being displayed. You can still go through the list via the brewing stand, but I haven't found a way to re-enable. I didn't try too hard either.

Did you try the 3 minute or the 8 minute version?

^ You can eventually get to request golden tools as you progress through the Thaumcraft line of quests. Melt them down, reshape into ingots, get your thaumometer. Though if you're stuck there I guess take heart in that the gold ore distribution is unchanged from unmodded? :v:

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 15, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Falcon2001 posted:

Which section of the quest book is the botania one?

You have to find mystical flowers first though. There's yellows at the Marble ruins, and browns in Redwood City. You can also find some in villages around pure daisies.

I don't know if it's a Blightfall specific thing or not but pure daisies also clear taint like blooms do, albeit in a smaller radius (they clear a 5x5 box compared to the bloom's 8 block radius voxel circle).

Ciaphas posted:

Oh god, gold isn't considered a tech ore and therefore I can't request it in blightfall, it took me over an hour to find two ore and I used them both on casts without making my thaumometer :suicide:

Order some tools from the supplier. He'll send you golden picks (and other tools) and you can toss them in the smelter.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Alkydere posted:

Order some tools from the supplier. He'll send you golden picks (and other tools) and you can toss them in the smelter.

Is tools the one on the top right? It's still locked for me :(

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any quickly-accessible chests or other inventories in blightfall? Plain old double chests not stacking next to each other is one of those things that gives me fits :v:

(edit) New one apparently I can request a whole big reactor? Dang. Any reason not to do that right now?

for inventory management, check out the storage drawers. for storing lots of one thing, barrels.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sage Grimm posted:

Paranormalist, I believe. It's gated behind completing one choice of five and then eventually up to nine different ways if you've progressed further with the HQM elsewhere.

it's probably easier than it looks but my eyes kinda glazed over when i looked at some of the choices available in the botania questline to get the paranormalist in the actual scanner room. kinda sucks, because i've gone through all of the botania content on another server in the past and am the most familiar with it, unlike thaumcraft which is a whole new world.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

If by bit more sane you mean turn it off entirely. Hunger Is Dumb~

There are people who love doing farming and cooking and Harvestcraft in general, and it's lame to have their playstyle be trivial and pointless. That said, I turned SpiceOfLife off and have no regrets because I hate dealing with hunger.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Do it.

Some of us are very bad.

E: Speaking of which, I am very bad at Blightfall, so I'll probably stop now. There's nothing wrong with it; it's a great pack. I'm just lovely at it. If there was a server, I'd be happy to sharecrop for my team, because I like putzing around like that. It's why I loved Regrowth.

Is there anything specific you need help with? I'll write up the next thing I had in mind, but I'm happy to do Q&A and troubleshooting, cause Blightfall goes from interesting to phenomenal when you get some traction and really feel like you can take the fight to the enemy and starve carving out a swath of land for yourself. I love doing Ethereal Bloom management and watching my bubble of green expand, and I'm really looking forward to getting the Totem and Machine of the Dawn because they sound amazing. And really, adding Botania solves a lot of the logistical issues I was hitting in Blightfall 1, largely through the Euclidaisy being able to provide a renewable supply of some really vital and really, really non-renewable items.

That said, next up! Infusion! Infusion Rituals are a lot more complex than just putting things together on an Arcane Workbench, but are also required for the majority of the mid and end game tech in Thaumcraft, and Blightfall in particular (Blightfall adds another tier or two of tech to your blight busting capabilities, and adds some fairly endgame-y non blight busting stuff too).

Infusion basics:

To do Infusion, you need an Infusion Altar! This can be researched in the Artificing tab of the Thaumbook, and will unlock the ability to create the multiblock structure that is the Infusion Altar. It takes a bunch of Arcane Stone and an Arcane Pedestal (or whatever they're called, I'm just doing this from memory) and an Infusion Matrix! This last one is the hardest part, because it takes an Ender Pearl, which is almost wholly gated behind getting all of the tech metals and unlocking the ability to requisition Ender Pearls. However, there are (minimum) two Infusion Altars sitting around in the world. One is at the bottom of the bay near the swamp waypoint, while the other is in the cave in the Iceberg, guarded by three extremely dangerous tainted mobs - a thaumaturge, an arcanist, and a botanist - so be ready for a fight. You can take apart either one with a pick to whisk it away to your base, though personally I use the second one where it is because it's good to have a pretty sizable designated Infusion area.

So, now that you have an altar, you'll need a ritual to do! This is just a matter of researching an item you want to make and seeing the ritual recipe in your thaumbook. Really, any of the stuff that leads directly from the Infusion Altar research is good - Boots of the Traveler are phenomenal and everyone should have a pair, Pickaxes of the Core are one of the best ways to speed up ore gathering in the game, Hoes of Growth give you semi-infinite bonemeal capabilities that can be extended to be truly infinite, Swords of the Zephyr swing in a (big) conical AOE and come with an AOE mob repel on their right click, and Axes of the Stream function similar to a TiC Lumber Axe. Really the Axe is the only one I can't overwhelmingly recommend because TiC Lumber Axes are really good and much easier to make, though they're still worth using and can be made infinite use more easily than TiC tools can be in Blightfall. Oh, also Living Moss extends from the Infusion Altar research, but it takes midgame Botania tech and an early game Blood Magic item to make, as well as mid/late game Thaum infrastructure. Pretty tough, but totally worth doing to put on TiC stuff made of valuable materials.

To actually do the ritual, you'll need to get all the items proscribed by the ritual. Iirc Boots of the Traveler take a pair of leather boots in the middle (they're the item being infused), some leather, a fish, an air shard, and a feather. You'll need to put all of these items on pedestals in the immediate vicinity of the Infusion Altar. Additionally, to actually power the magic, you need Essentia of the appropriate types, listed in the ritual book. Put these in Warded Jars within like 10 blocks of the Altar and it'll suck the essentia out of the jars once the ritual starts. From there, if you're lucky, it's as simple as place items, place essentia jars, boop the Infusion Matrix with your wand, wait 30s-2m, receive awesome magic item. But there's instability, so if you just barely skate by, supplies-wise, you're praying that RNG is nice and screwed if it isn't.

Dealing with instability and making your Infusion process easier:

Fluff-wise, Infusion magic is so powerful it creates magical instability because you're wrenching the fabric of reality into a different configuration or something. Instability is rated at the bottom of the ritual and ranges from negligible (which is not the same as none) to Dangerous. Instability generally either knocks items off pedestals, zaps you with purple lightning, inflicts pretty harmless debuffs (oh no my vis costs are increased for the next minute that I was planning to spend watching this ritual anyway), but can also destroy your offered items. KEEP BACKUPS. Even for Negligible rituals, one one server I set up to rush for Boots of the Traveler, had a really hard time getting the fish for it, and only had one fish. Lo and behold the goddamned ritual blasted my fish to smithereens after consuming most of the rest of the items, and I had to shut the drat thing down. If a Ritual can't find the item it's seeking on a nearby pedestal, its essentia price rises (it doesn't demand new kinds of essentia, just a bit more of what it took already) and, iirc, if it can't find essentia, it'll basically start tearing itself apart and the thing can explode. Not sure, but I've never had a ritual fail that badly, cause you can stop it yourself.

The good news is that instability can be mitigated with stabilizing items like mob heads, shard clusters, and candles. I like candles because they're easy to mass produce, and the more stabilizing items you have, the better. Basically to help stabilize crap, just get a bunch of your stabilizing items and place them in a pattern that is symmetric in both the X and Z axes. The Y axis (up/down) doesn't have to be held symmetrical, thank god, or it'd be friggin impossible. Symmetry does matter, if it's not symmetrical then not only do those items not count as stabilizers, they actually make the instability worse. I recommend not putting your candles and such on the floor next to the pedestals, because if an item explodes into flux despite your attempts at stabilization, the liquid flux will uproot your candles (crystal clusters don't get washed away by liquids, though, but are expensive to make). The search range for stabilizing items extends by like 12 blocks in all directions though, so there's plenty of room to build (multiple) platforms to spam candles on above and below your Infusion Altar. With enough stabilizing items you can pretty much negate even Dangerous instability, though I usually just spam like 20-30 candles and it makes instability largely trivial.

Finally, if you place your items, start the ritual, then re-grab all your items, you can force any instability effects to come out as (fairly piddly) damage to you or those insignificant debuffs I mentioned before. The ritual doesn't get pissy about items missing until it's actually looking for that specific item, and it doesn't get pissy if there's more of that item than is strictly necessary. Easy way to largely negate instability is to start the ritual, grab all the items, and then watch the ritual (you'll need goggles of revealing for this) until the last type of essentia is about to be done, then place two of the first item - it starts at the top and goes clockwise. As each item gets taken by the ritual, place the next item, grab the spare of the previous item, and place a spare of the new item. The majority of the length of most rituals is sitting around waiting for the damned essentia to trickle into the matrix, so you can mitigate all instability from the first 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the ritual by not giving it the chance to hurt your precious items.

Yeah I can't think of anything else, Infusion rituals are pretty much just feed it essentia, feed it items, get something shiny. They just take a lot of setup - if you're hurting for a kind of essentia, there are guides to sources out there on google, and if you're really stumped because of some of the unique material constraints Blightfall puts on us, ask in thread and someone can help you out.

The best Infusion ritual in the game:

One difficult and lengthy bit of Infusion tech that is REALLY REALLY REALLY worth doing is the Osmotic Enchanter. I'm calling it in particular out because it is unarguably my favorite piece of tech in all of Thaumcraft. The Osmotic Enchanter is a part of Thaumic Tinkerer, gated behind the Spellbinding Cloth page. Also, all the new (and often rad) Thaumic Tinkerer enchants have their research gated behind the Osmotic Enchanter.

The Osmotic Enchanter takes a whole ton of essentia (it's like close to 150 points total of several different kinds, some of which are a pain to get), a lot of items - some of which suck to get - and is a super unstable ritual. After that thing's done, you have to set up a whole altar around it that, while easier than the ritual, is not trivial to do. But it's worth it because it lets you put whatever enchantments you like on anything enchantable, for a cost of vis. Being able to say "yes this pick should have maxed out Efficiency, Fortune, AND repair itself for vis" for no hard material cost is absolutely phenomenal. Having a bow that has a quick draw enchant, flaming arrows, maxed power, infinty, AND is self-repairing is really nice, too. It works on non-Thaum items too, though your pick of enchantments is a little more restricted (Repair only works on Thaum items iirc, unless Talonos and co have done the godly task of making them compatible with Thaum enchants).

When you combine a good Centivis'd node with an Osmotic Enchanter, you can literally just pick and choose any enchantments and have them done in a minute or two at little/no effort, and have easy vis batteries to power all your self-repairing gear. It's a ton of work to get all the infrastructure set up (like several hours probably) but is SO worth it.

E: edited in some formatting so it's less of a giant monotonous wall of text. Sorry for the wall of text, there's a lot to to infusion beyond just "supply items and mana, get better item" that you can do to make it better+easier

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 15, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also for the paranormalist invisibility potion quest, it's gotta be the 8 minute ones. Add some redstone into your 3 minute potions and he'll take them

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Quick note about setting up infusion altars. You can just ASK the supplier for a spare ender pearl if you don't feel like going out and finding a spare infuser in the wild, or if you find some ender lillies but they're taking a real-time week to grow.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks for the effortposts Magres, a little more Thaumcraft knowledge is pretty great!

Also I decided to ask the supplier for random machines, and I got a SPAMR launcher and a dozen rockets. Uh :stare:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Despite knowing all about the thaumcraft crafting and such...I have never done golemancy. I prefer using pipes and tubes and Matter-Energy cables to move stuff from point A to point B. What are some good sources of motus, humanus and spiritus so I can make golems to get the paranormalist into the botania scanner room?

Also, what do I have to make/scan to unlock altar enchanting? Do I actually need to make/scan a vanilla enchanter?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
This is one of my go-to resources for looking up essentia sources. Trapdoors for motus, zombie meat for humanus (or centrifuge down Messis, which you can get from wheat), and centrifuge down Cognitio (from paper) or Sensus (from carrots) for Spiritus. Gotta use the centrifuge a lot in blightfall because we're more limited on certain resources than 'vanilla' thaumcraft

Infusion altar research is on the Artificing page, Osmotic enchanting research is on the Thaumic Tinkerer page. Spellbinding cloth should be available from the start, research that and it opens up the Osmotic research

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Alkydere posted:

Despite knowing all about the thaumcraft crafting and such...I have never done golemancy. I prefer using pipes and tubes and Matter-Energy cables to move stuff from point A to point B. What are some good sources of motus, humanus and spiritus so I can make golems to get the paranormalist into the botania scanner room?

Also, what do I have to make/scan to unlock altar enchanting? Do I actually need to make/scan a vanilla enchanter?

I have not played blightfal and it's been a while since I played this buuuuut:
Rotten flesh has humanus. So that's one single source of that in a regular game. But I eventually found that the centrifuge is far more helpful in getting aspects than anything else. In a regular game, paper has cognito, which can be split into spiritus and humanus, so I'd use stacks of it to get those aspects. Usually you'd have to get to the nether for the unlimited spiritus source, soul sand.

Like stone buttons are easy, and they give you machine, which is motus + instrumentum! and instumentum is humanus + ordo! That just leaves Spiritus. Spritus is in sensus and cognito, so look for things that have those.

I just used this page when writing this, go nuts. The aspect system is one thing I liked about thaumcraft, it has a lot of nice surprises and versatility.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Ah, thank you.

I'm a lot better artificier than alchemist or golemancer. :v: I had completely forgotten about the centrifuge.

And I just want normal enchantments, not the tinkerer stuff, I just want repair/luck on my pick of the core.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I wonder what Captain Shiitake thinks of my requisition invoices.

Day 1: Seed bag
Day 3: Seed bag
Day 4: Tree bag
Day 7: Clone body
Day 15: Leadstone Power Cell
Day 18: Antique golden pickaxe

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
well if tinkerer is involved, there's also a machine that repairs your tools if you use instrumentum. Which you can get from flint, so it's usually basically free.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i got super confused by the research minigame in thaumcraft but then i realized i was overthinking it, haha. still should see about breaking into botania. hopefully some of those quests in the book are easier for me to complete now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Okay seriously does the animal requisition ever actually give passive animals, I've gotten magma cubes, endermen, and witches named Spawn in addition to the blaze and villager yesterday :mad:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Ah, thank you.

I'm a lot better artificier than alchemist or golemancer. :v: I had completely forgotten about the centrifuge.

And I just want normal enchantments, not the tinkerer stuff, I just want repair/luck on my pick of the core.

Your best bet is still the Osmotic Enchanter. Buuuut, the base Thaumcraft enchanting stuff is gated behind Brain In A Jar, and I have no idea what you need to unlock that.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
It doesn't open up until you find and scan a zombie brain.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Look under the floating islands at night with night vision on :stare:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

how does one even get a fake shiitake's head? i have no idea what's up with that quest for the paranormalist.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My guess was something along the lines of a player head on an anvil changed to Shiitake's Head in name, no idea past that.

Has anyone found the Light Gray Flowers? They're "underground underneath the oceans, but above sea-level. I think they're, like, in a cave. They're closer to the western side of the mountains than the eastern side, so it's probably a cave you can get into from the west side."

I've combed the drat mountain ridge from north to south without finding such a cave :(

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

how does one even get a fake shiitake's head? i have no idea what's up with that quest for the paranormalist.

Haven't played Blightfall yet, but presumably via a Botania recipe. Lets you manufacture specific player heads with a renamed nametag, a golden apple, and some other stuff.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
A note about the thaumcraft infusions, since botanica is in the modpack, and if thaumcraft integration is turned on, you can use botanica mana pylons to stablize the poo poo out of infusions, each one adds like 10 stability so 4 will perfectly stablize any of the basic infusions. if you have 8 or more you could possibly perfectly make things like the osmotic enchanter.

However, THEY ARE EXPENSIVE. Each mana pylon costs 1 mana diamond, 2 mana steel ingots, and 2 gold. However, if you are playing on a team or on a server with a bunch of people, it would pay off big time to have an alter with a bunch of them since having perfectly stablized infusions will significantly cut down on material costs of things, and more importantly make it more convenient and less time wasting.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Not to mention an octet of mana pylons looks a goddamned lot better than spamming 80 candles on platforms above and below the altar

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

Not to mention an octet of mana pylons looks a goddamned lot better than spamming 80 candles on platforms above and below the altar

I think it only checks for stability adding and subtracting on the same level as the pedestals.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

honestly it looks like most of the 'intro' quests for the botania questline are still out of my reach, because i haven't even found ANY diamonds, much less a single one to use to make a diamond saw that i'm immediately going to turn in. the slimes in a bucket thing sounds easy enough, but most everything else looks annoying.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

SugarAddict posted:

I think it only checks for stability adding and subtracting on the same level as the pedestals.

Nope, you can put them 10 levels below the cube and 5 levels above it.

ptroll posted:

Haven't played Blightfall yet, but presumably via a Botania recipe. Lets you manufacture specific player heads with a renamed nametag, a golden apple, and some other stuff.

That can't be it. The head is one of the options to unlock the Botania quests.
(you have to complete 3 of them btw)

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 15, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Woo woo got my centivis node going. Now to go see if I can bottle a 25 point omni that's bright and hope for a nice 6 CV node for free. Though, once you've got Centivis of everything going, it's really easy to pump out several gold capped greatwood wands and some recharging relays and arcane benches to act as a big battery array.

Also uncorking a tainted node in the middle of your biodome is crazily worrying. I had the whole thing covered in silverblooms and was still going :aaa: when I did it because if it somehow tainted my silverwood tree I'd be ssssooooo screwed.

Also something that's really good to know, if you hit Shift and whatever your wand focus selection button is, you'll pop the focus off your wand. Real nice if you want to do heavy duty taint busting with a cleaning focus and rotate wands regularly.

E: vvvv I chose to believe in the power of friendship and ethereal bloom spam

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 15, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

Woo woo got my centivis node going. Now to go see if I can bottle a 25 point omni that's bright and hope for a nice 6 CV node for free. Though, once you've got Centivis of everything going, it's really easy to pump out several gold capped greatwood wands and some recharging relays and arcane benches to act as a big battery array.

Also uncorking a tainted node in the middle of your biodome is crazily worrying. I had the whole thing covered in silverblooms and was still going :aaa: when I did it because if it somehow tainted my silverwood tree I'd be ssssooooo screwed.

Surround your pure node with glass. I think nodes only get tainted when taint fibers reach them.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
It turns out Fusewood, Bloodwod, and Darkwood all make really good crossbow parts. Faster than blue slime as far as draw speed is concerned. Blue slime gives you way more durability, but the nether tree woods are easy to get in quantity, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

well after spending about 2 hours, 10 flint picks and 2 copper picks I still haven't found any gold so it's back to AS for me....