Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bubsy 3D :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Awesome Possum.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

univbee posted:

Bubsy 3D :getin:

You madman.

I'm going to guess Ecco the Dolphin.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Latest GCCX Channel episode addressed "Should we lift Inoue and Maezono's drinking prohibition?"

Apparently Inoue had so many late arrivals due to drinking too much (like in the Bravoman episode) that Kan ordered him to quit drinking completely.
Despite this, Abe swore that he saw Inoue drinking on the Vietnam trip. Being the world's worst liar, Inoue denied this over and over, then admitted to "having just one drink in Vietnam", then resumed denying he'd been drinking. Kan made an angry-as-hell face, then there was a cut, and afterwards Arino was laughing saying "Kan was furious during the cut!".

Apparently Inoue is still banned from drinking (Kan still looked/sounded really mad after the cut. As in, "Yikes-level" mad...)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Kakaricho posted:

You madman.

I'm going to guess Ecco the Dolphin.

Stop raising my hopes only to have them come crashing down, you rear end in a top hat.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Kakaricho posted:

In the next episode, the protagonist is an animal. Any theories?
I'm guessing either Earthworm Jim (insects phyla count as animals, right?) or DuckTales.

Knowing my luck, it's gonna be something that never saw the light outside of Japan and will be super obscure to anyone who doesn't know anything about Japanese-only releases.

Edit: Worms are not insects. :doh:

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kakaricho posted:

In the next episode, the protagonist is an animal. Any theories?

Come on Ecco the Dolphin!

Also for the first time since discovering the show something like 5 years ago, I've actually caught up to all the translated shows. I don't know what to do with myself. Thank you SAGCCX!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Kakaricho posted:

Latest GCCX Channel episode addressed "Should we lift Inoue and Maezono's drinking prohibition?"

Apparently Inoue had so many late arrivals due to drinking too much (like in the Bravoman episode) that Kan ordered him to quit drinking completely.
Despite this, Abe swore that he saw Inoue drinking on the Vietnam trip. Being the world's worst liar, Inoue denied this over and over, then admitted to "having just one drink in Vietnam", then resumed denying he'd been drinking. Kan made an angry-as-hell face, then there was a cut, and afterwards Arino was laughing saying "Kan was furious during the cut!".

Apparently Inoue is still banned from drinking (Kan still looked/sounded really mad after the cut. As in, "Yikes-level" mad...)

Yeah, I don't think I could blame Kan at all for that response in that situation.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yeah, I don't think I could blame Kan at all for that response in that situation.

The scary part? Before the cut, the camera angle didn't show Kan's face well, but you could see how mad he was in Abe/Arino/Inoue's expressions. And then it just cut...

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
God, I don't even know how far Arino would be able to get in Ecco. He'd be stuck between incredibly touchy controls, harsh enemies and forgetting to refill his air meter.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A Stately Pleasure Dome Decree
I get so excited when I see a bunch of new replies in this thread...

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Kakaricho posted:

The scary part? Before the cut, the camera angle didn't show Kan's face well, but you could see how mad he was in Abe/Arino/Inoue's expressions. And then it just cut...

Has that one been subbed?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Metrohunter posted:

God, I don't even know how far Arino would be able to get in Ecco. He'd be stuck between incredibly touchy controls, harsh enemies and forgetting to refill his air meter.

Sounds perfect.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Arino fighting final boss of Ecco:

Boss shows on screen for like half a second
Arino instantly pauses and yells KUAI
Camera zooms in on Arino's face laughing as he laughs and says "It's scary...what's somethin' like this doing in a children's game?"

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Arino would probably have to spend at least an entire day on The Machine.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I have to put money on Sonic 2 just because of the sheer quantity of Sonic games and the fact that they haven't done a Sonic episode in about seven years, but there's just so many animal games out there...

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:

Random Stranger posted:

I have to put money on Sonic 2 just because of the sheer quantity of Sonic games and the fact that they haven't done a Sonic episode in about seven years, but there's just so many animal games out there...

It's been my most-wanted challenge since they played the original. You just know an AD will take control of Tails partway through, and Arino will proceed to abuse them for the remainder of the episode(s). Another likelihood is not mentioning the special stages or chaos emeralds until after Arino gets the bad ending (like last time, even though that was Nakayama's fault), unless they decide he'll need Super Sonic to clear the later stages.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I hope he goes Super Sonic and falls into the mystic cave spike pit.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Getting Super Sonic in Sonic 2 is a nightmare unless there's something I've been missing about that minigame all these years

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

Getting Super Sonic in Sonic 2 is a nightmare unless there's something I've been missing about that minigame all these years

If you push the reset button on the Genesis and start the game from the options menu it retains your collected emeralds so you can just replay the first stage over and over again to get Super Sonic "legitly"

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

Has that one been subbed?

GCCX Channel episodes are only available on the premium Smartphone app.
Maybe someone is ripping, but I don't know anything about it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

You can technically get all emeralds in the very first stage. :eng101:

e: Not technically, you just can.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 16, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

flyboi posted:

If you push the reset button on the Genesis and start the game from the options menu it retains your collected emeralds so you can just replay the first stage over and over again to get Super Sonic "legitly"

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Man I had no idea. I played that game to death when I was a kid and only ever managed to get super sonic like twice ever

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Really, how? AFAIK there are only like 5 signposts in that level.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

3 in Act 1, 5 in Act 2.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Man I had no idea. I played that game to death when I was a kid and only ever managed to get super sonic like twice ever

I got to the point that I could do it pretty consistently, but that was over twenty years ago and I'm pretty sure I'd shoot myself before getting Super Sonic in Sonic 2 these days. Sonic 3, OTOH, it was hard to avoid collecting all of the Chaos emeralds with the minigame that easy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Random Stranger posted:

I got to the point that I could do it pretty consistently, but that was over twenty years ago and I'm pretty sure I'd shoot myself before getting Super Sonic in Sonic 2 these days. Sonic 3, OTOH, it was hard to avoid collecting all of the Chaos emeralds with the minigame that easy.

gently caress you I was a kid with terrible reflexes. I saw the huge chaos emerald room just once :(

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Kakaricho posted:

GCCX Channel episodes are only available on the premium Smartphone app.
Maybe someone is ripping, but I don't know anything about it.

Aww!

Oh well. At least now I have an excuse to buy a phone.

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

The ring requirements are lower if you're playing as Sonic alone or Tails alone (and can't have a second player help collect rings).

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

Aww!

Oh well. At least now I have an excuse to buy a phone.

As far as I know, the GCCX Channel episodes are only available in Japan.
If anyone can tell me I'm wrong, I'd be glad, honestly.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

so japanese bosses can just ban you from all social drinking at risk of losing your job? :psyduck:

inoue is a dweeb and kan seems like a cool dude to hang with, but he also sounds like the boss from hell

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Corridor posted:

so japanese bosses can just ban you from all social drinking at risk of losing your job? :psyduck:

inoue is a dweeb and kan seems like a cool dude to hang with, but he also sounds like the boss from hell

To be fair, it was actually affecting his ability to get to work on time, and being late in Japan is a massive faux pas (in the sense that most companies will chew you out for being like 30 seconds late, and the trains will give you an apology note to show your boss if the train itself is late because that's how serious it is).

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

univbee posted:

To be fair, it was actually affecting his ability to get to work on time, and being late in Japan is a massive faux pas (in the sense that most companies will chew you out for being like 30 seconds late

This is pretty much true, but most places are throttling back a bit for kid/family stuff. Also, in a nice office, co-workers cover for each other.

quote:

and the trains will give you an apology note to show your boss if the train itself is late because that's how serious it is).

Unless they deny they were late. In a place with no clocks, and deny your phone's clock/watch are correct. And you're already late, so...

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Corridor posted:

If it were a normal employment situation I think I'd agree, but Kan went out of his way to rehire Inoue after they did that Inoko Max Shocking Footage series of short segments and they found out he was struggling to pay his bills (or not paying them at that point, I forget), so I can understand him being somewhat upset over that kindness being repaid in such a careless manner.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kakaricho posted:

This is pretty much true, but most places are throttling back a bit for kid/family stuff. Also, in a nice office, co-workers cover for each other.

I was late for work exactly once while working in Japan (by about 10 minutes), because someone gave me a lift and didn't quite understand what I meant when I said the school where I was teaching was loving far; due to its remoteness my train choices involved either arriving 25 minutes early or 10 minutes late, and so I was generally 25 minutes early. Although no one got "mad" or anything the school principal I think got a touch passive-aggressive about it (like saying "man, you were late this morning, huh? :D"), but I think ultimately realized it was an unusual situation and pretty much let it slide (plus it's not like missing the teacher's room announcements I couldn't understand anyway was a disaster). That school was weird anyway, like they were super-serious about me having a massive year-long plan in advance, while every other school was happy to just let me do my thing.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Kakaricho posted:

Aww!

Oh well. Now I have an excuse to visit.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

gently caress you I was a kid with terrible reflexes. I saw the huge chaos emerald room just once :(

I didn't even know that Super Sonic was a thing until I was in my 20s

in the 2000s.

I never owned a Genesis, but, yeah.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I got Super Sonic completely by accident and was utterly confused when it happened. I was just playing and then WTF Sonic is golden what the hell did I just do? It tells you about Super Sonic but I didn't know THAT was Super Sonic.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Super Sonic was a pain in Sonic 2 since just jumping with 50 rings would transform you whether you wanted to or not. Sonic 3's greatest feature was making doublejump the activation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

The app is on the US (iOS) App Store and I bought a subscription painlessly. (Granted this was back when it was first released, but the app is still there and it's free)