Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
First -5* match since Bushwackers/Sheik/Volkoff!

(Dave gave Sharmell/Jenna -4 despite Bryan's famous rant)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
No Ultima Lucha snowflakes :smith:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
If you like old man lucha and/or crazy lucha submissions then boy do I have a treat for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-53N5vT3og
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6axU3HxkQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJd8WucsfDg

I need to find a money mark for my fantasy shoot style/llaves hybrid promotion. Negro Navarro and Volk Han will be head trainers.

Come to think of it I wonder if anyone other than Norman Smiley worked for both lucha libre and shoot style promotions.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 13, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Sombra accepted Atlantis's challenge to a mask match and said they should have it on the Aniversario show. Most people seem skeptical that it actually goes down like that; think Thunder and Ultimo Guerrero will be involved in some way.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

Sombra accepted Atlantis's challenge to a mask match and said they should have it on the Aniversario show. Most people seem skeptical that it actually goes down like that; think Thunder and Ultimo Guerrero will be involved in some way.

rehash of what they did two years ago with rivals on the same team? Probably also including delaying the money match an entire year and infuriating the live audience?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dave mentioned this in the Observer and it just leaves me wondering: Isn't it a bit weird that CMLL's biggest show is just a month away and they barely even have a card put together?

Maybe that's just the way CMLL operates but it's still weird to me. Imagine if WrestleMania was in a month and WWE didn't even have a main event announced, or kept changing the date every other week.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

Dave mentioned this in the Observer and it just leaves me wondering: Isn't it a bit weird that CMLL's biggest show is just a month away and they barely even have a card put together?

Maybe that's just the way CMLL operates but it's still weird to me. Imagine if WrestleMania was in a month and WWE didn't even have a main event announced, or kept changing the date every other week.

It's extremely stupid but not weird at all for CMLL which is a very poorly run company

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Benne posted:

Imagine if WrestleMania was in a month and WWE didn't even have a main event announced,

Because of the February PPV, that's every year.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Spermgod posted:

Come to think of it I wonder if anyone other than Norman Smiley worked for both lucha libre and shoot style promotions.

Kane and Big Van Vader :v:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Because of the February PPV, that's every year.
Wrestlemania always has a clear path for a handful of huge matches they've been building too for a while. CMLL just announced a huge match with little build and it's probably not going to be that simple. Basically nobody who follows lucha believes Sombra/Atlantis mask/mask is happening so simply

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

LvK posted:

Kane and Big Van Vader :v:

Now I really want to see Vader vs super porky.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Like on a newly found tape from 1992. Or live in ring right now this year.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vader vs Porky today would be immobile at best. I need this.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Like on a newly found tape from 1992. Or live in ring right now this year.

You'll hear no argument from me either way, friend.

For a more serious answer, I've been digging around my (limited) resources and mostly there's a lot of lucharesu crossover, which would make Shoichi Funaki the obvious answer. Hamada did some work in Battlarts but it was a handful of guest appearances, largely.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What happened for that Villanos/Psycho Circus match to suck that hard, Los Psycho Circus is good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Smoking Crow posted:

What happened for that Villanos/Psycho Circus match to suck that hard, Los Psycho Circus is good

The Villanos are old as gently caress and had no business being in a ring in 2015. The Shield couldn't get a passable match out of those guys.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

LvK posted:

You'll hear no argument from me either way, friend.

For a more serious answer, I've been digging around my (limited) resources and mostly there's a lot of lucharesu crossover, which would make Shoichi Funaki the obvious answer. Hamada did some work in Battlarts but it was a handful of guest appearances, largely.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Battlarts/MPro feud. Taka too and maybe Minoru Tanaka if he ever worked Mexico.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

One of the Villanos literally had a stroke days before the match. Makes you* think about how all life is finite, tbh.

*Me when I'm in bed and already can't sleep

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
So apparently not only is Atlantis/Sombra happening but Dr. Wagner Jr. and LA Park are going to be on the Aniversario show in some way, possibly also involving Rush (and Naito?)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave said that Naito was doing another CMLL tour in September so that would make sense. Looks like this should at least be better than the competition's big show, though it seems strange to unmask a big star with so little build.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

LOS INGOBERNABLES

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

epitasis posted:

LOS INGOBERNABLES

They cannot be goberned

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a6RnrurHik

Good match and the way this is shot gets across the physicality of the matwork a lot better than CMLL's TV.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lol again

http://rare.us/story/mexicos-bad-guy-wrestler-infuriates-fans-with-vote-trump-t-shirt/

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

They uploaded this whole show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82gncuLFZWk

Getting show of the year talk from hardcore lucha guys

edit: Yeahh those people might be overselling it a bit but it was a real fun show. Guerrero Maya Sr./Guerrero Maya Jr. was really good, borderline great but pretty much every match had something going for it.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 24, 2015

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

This was fun as hell, stupidly dangerous, gory - just the most irresponsible fun. Loved the whole loving card. The Mayas beating the gently caress out of one another was something else.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

CMLL's big Friday night show is being broadcast live at http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo/ .

Main event features LA Park and Wagner jr

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I missed the En Busca trios :(

Looks like they drew a good house

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Dragon Lee/Valiente/Marco Corleone vs. Mephisto/Ephesto/Rey Escorpion was a fun match. Looks like everyone has their working boots on tonight.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah that trios match was fun, glad I caught this.

Spermgod posted:

I missed the En Busca trios :(

Looks like they drew a good house

thecubsfan said they opened up the upper level and may have drawn over 10k tonight (usual fri night figure is 4000-6000)

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

LA Park and Wagner Jr back in CMLL right now.

Park/Volador Jr/Atlantis vs. Wagner Jr/INGOBERNABLES

http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo/

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Next week's card:

Being able to watch these live is so cool. Should be a good show. CMLL is suddenly exciting, who'da thunk it.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
This official flyer for some reason has a drawing of Johnny Mundo on it

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Spermgod posted:

Next week's card:

Being able to watch these live is so cool. Should be a good show. CMLL is suddenly exciting, who'da thunk it.
Niebla is eternal

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spermgod posted:

This official flyer for some reason has a drawing of Johnny Mundo on it

I wonder if he's concerned that his cock is the CMLL logo now

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYyVgyOaZs I didn't know CMLL livestreams on youtube

edited to add: I just caught the last fall of Ultimo Guerrero-La Sombra and it was better than all of Raw. Do they regularly stream shows on Monday Nights? Because I'm down for that

Del Raminos fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 1, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, they do it every Monday night from 10 to 12 Eastern I think

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

most of the card is whatever but the main event has been awesome every week since they started broadcasting the puebla shows

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, Puebla shows on YouTube Monday nights, and their big Friday night Arena Mexico shows on clarosports.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Jesus Christ this match looks loving nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb3TqGf8DAo