Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Any advice on whether to spend or save my crystals? I'm not in a dash to level up so I could wait until they start doing other facts type events but is the 10 time summon for a 4* servant that unreliable?

Edit: also, is there any consensus yet about which servants have the best NPs, which you should level and which you shouldn't bother with? I'm wondering how good my fat Caesar and Saber lily are.

Apocron fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Apocron posted:

Any advice on whether to spend or save my crystals? I'm not in a dash to level up so I could wait until they start doing other facts type events but is the 10 time summon for a 4* servant that unreliable?

Edit: also, is there any consensus yet about which servants have the best NPs, which you should level and which you shouldn't bother with? I'm wondering how good my fat Caesar and Saber lily are.
I would save until they make a better event. There's a few posters that said they got a lot of crap. Also it's 4* anything, not just servant. If you can't wait and have a bad team, then you might want to reroll instead.

It's really up to your battle style for servants, check their attack cards and skills that match your preference. Single target NP is almost a must for some boss fight. Low level seems to be fine, you just have to ascend them more often to raise their level cap, but their final lv and stat can be seen in your room's card review.

If you must roll now, wait till you beat rome to unlock red saber. A guide said she have excellence stat while lily have pretty bad stat.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Lower rarity cards are also cheaper to upgrade.

Saber Lily has comparatively lower stats for how rare she is (literally impossible to get now, outside of account/code buying), and you can not upgrade her NP unless DelightWorks puts out another Saber Lily event.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yup, opened up the game and only two 40 AP Quests are new for me, the lower level ones didn't even reset.

rvm
May 6, 2013

klapman posted:

spiral paradox is still the best loving type-moon story, imo. just rewatched it last night, and I might watch it again tonight if I decide to lose my mind

I'd say Paradox Spiral is second best after baseball arc from DDD (Sinker vs. Slugger) which in my opinion is the best thing Nasu has written, dark urban fantasy at its finest, but if you can't read Japanese, Chinese or Russian, you're SOL, and it's probably never going to be animated :( Not to mention that you have to get through rather tedious previous arcs to fully appreciate it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

Vlad's only "problem" is that he can't Buster Brave Chain, but he has Battle Continuation A, so if he dies, he just gets back up. Unlike Battle Continuation B, this doesn't just keep him around for an extra 3 turns, he straight-up has an extra life. Also he can drain an enemy's skill/NP gauge.

Yeah, though you have to pair Battle Continuation with a good healing NP in order for it to keep you alive for more than 3 additional turns, since they only come back at 1hp (which often means dying again in the same turn). It's still very useful, though; at the very least you can do some more damage.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

rvm posted:

I'd say Paradox Spiral is second best after baseball arc from DDD (Sinker vs. Slugger) which in my opinion is the best thing Nasu has written, dark urban fantasy at its finest, but if you can't read Japanese, Chinese or Russian, you're SOL, and it's probably never going to be animated :( Not to mention that you have to get through rather tedious previous arcs to fully appreciate it.

Did anyone ever translate DDD past the first part, or is that dead? I read the first few chapters on my own since I own the books, but it is stressing my jp pretty hard.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

In GO, how fast do command seals respawn? Having a full-team resurrection in order to do higher level challenges that I shouldn't be doing yet is pretty awesome.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

andipossess posted:

In GO, how fast do command seals respawn? Having a full-team resurrection in order to do higher level challenges that I shouldn't be doing yet is pretty awesome.

I want to say it's something like one seal every 24 hours. I used all three for the team resurrection yesterday and have one today.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Confirming it's one seal every 24 hours. I got my second one back today. You need all three to do the resurrection too, otherwise it's a quartz.

rvm
May 6, 2013

taser rates posted:

Did anyone ever translate DDD past the first part, or is that dead? I read the first few chapters on my own since I own the books, but it is stressing my jp pretty hard.

There was Russian to English translation effort on Beast's Lair which is pretty terrible and at best might serve as sort of a reference for you reading the original, but beyond that, nada. Thing is, DDD has nothing (so far anyway) to do with so called "Nasuverse" and that, I imagine, puts it pretty low on the list for potential translators. Shame, really.

rvm fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 16, 2015

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Nyaa posted:

I would save until they make a better event. There's a few posters that said they got a lot of crap. Also it's 4* anything, not just servant. If you can't wait and have a bad team, then you might want to reroll instead.

It's really up to your battle style for servants, check their attack cards and skills that match your preference. Single target NP is almost a must for some boss fight. Low level seems to be fine, you just have to ascend them more often to raise their level cap, but their final lv and stat can be seen in your room's card review.

If you must roll now, wait till you beat rome to unlock red saber. A guide said she have excellence stat while lily have pretty bad stat.

Thanks Nyaa!

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Dr Pepper posted:

Spiral Paradox is peak Type-Moon imo.

You have good drama, some crazy creepy scenes, a plot that's both completely insane yet totally consistent
when you think about it, and Jouji Nakata.

The cool thing is that all the insanity as it relates to Enjou only starts because his dad went driving drunk and killed a dude. Like the fact that such insane events were only resolved because of such a human error is extremely cool - it keeps everything pretty grounded, and since that element of it makes so much sense and progresses naturally, it keeps you from just tuning out the more fantastical elements when they go nuts.

rvm posted:

If it got translated, i'd read it in a heartbeat. after a certain point slogging through a bunch of boring bullshit to read the cool part of a VN becomes really easy. im still not going to read clannad though.

rvm
May 6, 2013

klapman posted:

If it got translated, i'd read it in a heartbeat. after a certain point slogging through a bunch of boring bullshit to read the cool part of a VN becomes really easy. im still not going to read clannad though.

Nah, it's not VN bad, it's Faust-style LN bad, i.e. pretty demanding (what's with achronological order and other narrative tricks), bleak, humorless and not terribly compelling. The first chapter (JtE) is translated and pretty representative of the first volume.

rvm fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 16, 2015

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

rvm posted:

Nah, it's not VN bad, it's Faust-style LN bad, i.e. pretty demanding (what's with achronological order and other narrative tricks), bleak, humorless and not terribly compelling.

*sits back in chair, chair creaks under the weight* hmm... a new level...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rvm posted:

Nah, it's not VN bad, it's Faust-style LN bad, i.e. pretty demanding (what's with achronological order and other narrative tricks), bleak, humorless and not terribly compelling. The first chapter (JtE) is translated and pretty representative of the first volume.

The David Foster Wallace of VNs.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Fate/go talk:

Somewhat disappointed that the sweet master xp double grind with 80 AP only lasted from lv 55 to lv 60. The clothing only reach lv 8 at lv 64. It gonna be a hard to keeping leveling without 60 AP equivalent event or spending quartz.

Berserker Review
Although Vlad can't hit as hard as Hercules, I have a much easier time charging NP with his art cards and skill. I imagine he will overshoot Hercules with a 200% or 300% NP in a long 6-10 stages fight with a boss. His high hp, defense up skill, and battle continuation makes him a good survivor in terms of being a berserker.

On the other hand, Hercules is better for short battle where he can hit (Very) hard and fast before it dies. His buster combo with his NP pretty much can one-shot 40 AP bosses.

Cat Tamomo is interesting, I don't like her multi target NP especially the stun, but at least it heal enough to tank. I think she have a lots of Quick card and all her attacks does at least two hits, so it's good for Quick Chain team I guess. Berserker critting is scary. Anyone lucky enough to get Gilgamesh (when it's available) should try to make a Quick Chain team.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 17, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Fate/go talk:

Somewhat disappointed that the sweet master xp double grind with 80 AP only lasted from lv 55 to lv 60. The clothing only reach lv 8 at lv 64. It gonna be a hard to keeping leveling without 60 AP equivalent event or spending quartz.

Berserker Review
Although Vlad can't hit as hard as Hercules, I have a much easier time charging NP with his art cards and skill. I imagine he will overshoot Hercules with a 200% or 300% NP in a long 6-10 stages fight with a boss. His high hp, defense up skill, and battle continuation makes him a good survivor in terms of being a berserker.

On the other hand, Hercules is better for short battle where he can hit (Very) hard and fast before it dies. His buster combo with his NP pretty much can one-shot 40 AP bosses.

Cat Tamomo is interesting, I don't like her multi target NP especially the stun, but at least it heal enough to tank. I think she have a lots of Quick card and all her attacks does at least two hits, so it's good for Quick Chain team I guess. Berserker critting is scary. Anyone lucky enough to get Gilgamesh (when it's available) should try to make a Quick Chain team.

I don't think Tamamo Cat has 3 Quicks; I think she also has 3 Busters like most other Berserkers.

I didn't use the Master XP grinding as much as I should have, though I still did it enough to reach level 42. I ended up with enough cost to have both my 5-stars in my primary team with one using a 5-star Craft Essence (I'm very curious to see what Vlad's NP hits for with Heaven's Feel's +40% NP damage buff) and the other using a 4-star one. My backup characters consist of three 3-star servants, with one being Mashu (though I'll think I might trade out my Medusa or Caster Cuchulain for my Spartacus, since he both costs less, is ascended (so has two skills), and has a level 3 Noble Phantasm).

I tried out the 40AP QP dungeon today, and it was extremely disappointing*. I think it gave ~50,000. It's going to be extremely hard to get the 1,000,000+ necessary for some ascensions/upgrades if the most you can ever get on the one or two QP days a week is ~100,000.

*The only gacha game I have enough experience to compare it with is PAD, and PAD's higher difficulty money dungeons gave enough money that doing it a couple times would last you a very long time.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 17, 2015

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Thanks to people who added me or accepted my request. I'm probably not much help as support but your leaders are amazing and very reliable!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If there's one thing I've learned from Type-Moon, it's to never trust men wearing top hats.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is there anything you can do with friend points besides the cheaper gacha? Also can you still get 4* or 5* cards from the friend point gacha?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Only friend gacha. Friend gacha only has 1-3*.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
I have 9 friend slots slots open (41 Jeanne lead), id: 866036716, if anyone needs a hand.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Apocron posted:

Is there anything you can do with friend points besides the cheaper gacha? Also can you still get 4* or 5* cards from the friend point gacha?

Man, I've done the gem gacha twice (10 summons/40 gems) and have yet to get any 4-5* :negative:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Compendium posted:

Man, I've done the gem gacha twice (10 summons/40 gems) and have yet to get any 4-5* :negative:

That blows, I would give you my Siegfried if I could*.

I'm debating whether I should put my level 25 Jeanne or 27 Vlad as my leader. It seems like not many people are using the Jeanne since I'm not getting many friend points from other people. It also helps that my Vlad has Heaven's Feel equipped, giving him a very high attack and huge NP damage.

I still don't know how people run Berserker teams. Even if my Vlad was level 40 he'd still be dying in 3-4 hits, and when you're facing 3 rounds with 3 enemies each you can't really kill them fast enough to avoid getting at least some of your characters killed (though to be fair there isn't really any downside to characters dying as long as you win in the end, so you might be able to finish off the enemies after your Berserkers are dead).

*partly because Siegfried isn't that good unless you're fighting wyverns

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yea, i get more FP from Lu Bu than Jeanne too. I would prefer berserker friend since I already have Jeanne.

Berserker team for me is just two servants that can give dodge/heal to berserker to extend its survivability. The berserker is suppose to be able to kill at least one enemy per turn.

3 dodge + 1 heal should be enough to keep it alive to at least finish pass stage 2 in worst case. Vlad have like 10k hp at lv 60.

Then on the third stage, NP nuke.

PS: Save your gem for better roll event.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 18, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My leader's Medusa right now because I kind of like her better than Ushiwakamaru and she's seriously great against Casters. I think people tend to go for Berserkers from friends because they wanna grind through the Gate quests quickly (that's kind of my logic anyways).

I've been following the Fate/Go Twitter and there's going to be a new event

Official news here: http://typemoon.com/news/2015/bqdsnb
Reddit translation: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3hfnb4/new_event_following_maintenance/

I guess this is a good a time as any to save up quartz and level up since the next story area isn't ready yet.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

edit: Is anyone else getting an error when they try and do friend point rolls?

Most common reason is time zone desyncs. Client thinks it's time to give you a free roll, server says no it's not, you don't have enough FP to do a roll. Or you wanna do a roll, server thinks "wait you need to do the free roll first" and things get wonky.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Compendium posted:

My leader's Medusa right now because I kind of like her better than Ushiwakamaru and she's seriously great against Casters. I think people tend to go for Berserkers from friends because they wanna grind through the Gate quests quickly (that's kind of my logic anyways).

I've been following the Fate/Go Twitter and there's going to be a new event

Official news here: http://typemoon.com/news/2015/bqdsnb
Reddit translation: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3hfnb4/new_event_following_maintenance/

I guess this is a good a time as any to save up quartz and level up since the next story area isn't ready yet.

That sounds cool, particularly the summon ticket rewards (if they apply to the quartz gacha). Hopefully I'll be good to clear the highest difficulties.

I just finished Spartacus's interlude quests and the final one had this super strong lion thing with ~110k HP that would hit for a minimum of 2,500 damage each attack and attack 3 times a turn. He also had one melee attack where he would claw you three times with a seemingly high crit chance and do like 5,000 in one attack. He was difficult and I only had a couple characters left by the time I finally won, despite using my level 50 Attila support.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Romulus is always praising the sun and it looks so goofy. His VA just reinforces the silliness.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
WebM of Gilgamesh's Noble Phantasm
http://a.uguu.se/ybogot_Gilgamesh.webm

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
What level should I pump Sasaki Koujiro to in order to reliably clear France? I don't see much of a future for him beyond that so I don't want to waste too many XP boosters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's what I've got so far

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Baal posted:

Here's what I've got so far

You need to throw some XP items at your support guys; you could probably get that Shielder to like level 15 in the amount of XP it would take your Siegfried to level up again. This will be particularly important later when there are enemies that can easy kill you if you're unlucky enough to be attacked three times in a row.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been meaning to, but keep forgetting to throw her a bone since she's going to be on my team for a whle before I get enough points to stock someone other than her as my last support.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Honestly, while her damage is mediocre, I've found Shielder to be pretty decent. Possessing an invulnerability skill helps against the actual bosses with NPs since those are are basically instant kill moves, and with her around that lets me protect two party members. And even if you're using Ruler, some of the bosses have extremely quick charge times, so you won't necessarily have her NP ready in time. The fact that Shielder is neutral damagewise to Berserkers has come in handy too, especially since the AI seems to attack the leader slot more than average, since that gives me a party member that can actually absorb a number of hits from them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, Shielder is really good and there's honestly no excuse not to use her until you're high enough level that you can afford to equip all your other high star servants + craft equips. That zero cost is huge and basically = being able to spend more cost on giving your other servants craft equips and what have you. She also will have multiple skills long before you'll be able to ascend anything other than 1 star servants (since she ascends from story progression).

edit: I finally found out how to take a screenshot with my phone; here is what my current party looks like:

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 19, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Shielder is definitely good as a support, but she can be a liability quite often so it's better to keep her as a sub member most of the time unless you need her in the starting position. Depending on your team composition and synergy, she should either be starting or waiting as a sub member.

I have chosen to place Shielder as a sub since Vlad generates a bunch of stars with his NP, and I would prefer to have a character that can utilize them effectively, such as Ushiwakamaru or EMIYA. I have been using Ushiwakamaru with Vlad and I like that she can recover so much NP with her crits. If I put Shielder in the starting role, then the stars generated by Vlad won't be of much use because of the low damage output. Even if Shielder's cards have 100% crit chance, I will always choose a Buster card of another character because of the fact that Shielder can't finish the job. Just buff up her damage slightly Delightworks :argh:

Speaking of stars, I'm hoping to add either Gil or Atlanta into my team if I can get lucky with the quartz I have saved. I just want either of them and it will be good times for my team.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The new Chaldea Quests are up! Time to reap some rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Not too hard, kojiro have 80k hp on hard, but worth it for those ascension material that you won't be able to get elsewhere.

oh, and if you own a UBW BD box, there's free summon ticket code in there.