Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Magres posted:

Making Silverwood wand cores, iirc, takes an Infusion ritual.

Make a Gold Capped Greatwood Scepter instead, the scepter research is gated behind silverwood wand cores. Greatwood Scepters hold 75 Vis - I've yet to do a single infusion and have a good CV node set up.

That's exactly what he was trying to do, but he couldn't because he couldn't figure out what unlocked the research for silverwood wand cores. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Holy smokes you guys the first thing you should make once you get your energized node set up is an excavator focus for your wand. Mine anything! Mine it right through taint! Mine it from across the room! Recharge it for free forever whenever you're back at your base! Pickaxes are a scrub's game.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mzbundifund posted:

Holy smokes you guys the first thing you should make once you get your energized node set up is an excavator focus for your wand. Mine anything! Mine it right through taint! Mine it from across the room! Recharge it for free forever whenever you're back at your base! Pickaxes are a scrub's game.

Build an arcane borer, stuff a pickaxe with fortune/regen in it. Mine for free without actually being there!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
How do I get the blightfall-saves-v2.1.0.zip file? It's been stuck at 0% for the past hour now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Alkydere posted:

That's exactly what he was trying to do, but he couldn't because he couldn't figure out what unlocked the research for silverwood wand cores. :v:

Yup! Thanks to all of you, making more progress now. Exploring still scares the crap out of me--I'm vulnerable to jump scares so sudden damage five minutes later from tainted goo that I forgot to drop literally makes me jump--but at least I'm getting closer to it being less fearsome :v:

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Build an arcane borer, stuff a pickaxe with fortune/regen in it. Mine for free without actually being there!

Doesn't this need a heavy investment in blood magic to do?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Maiden posted:

No, you can put a pick of the core or something like that in there.

Edit: once you get an osmotic enchanter (and it doens't loving break your world) and an energized node, you can put any enchantment you want on everything at the cost of some time.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 16, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Maiden posted:

Thaumium pick, or any "non standard metal" pick. Use infusion enchanting. If you're using an arcane furnace for your smelting, go with the Pick of the Core to get clusters for even more resources. All you need is Thaumcraft.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Don't suppose there're any resource packs put together already for Blightfall are there? I can't be bothered to put a sphax pack together :v:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

energized nodes and centivis are basically the best ever

so is the infernal furnace, no more lava ever

see also recharging my wand, too bad you can't charge staves with it :smithcloud:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

energized nodes and centivis are basically the best ever

so is the infernal furnace, no more lava ever

see also recharging my wand, too bad you can't charge staves with it :smithcloud:

If you want to charge staves using an energized node, you have to be wearing the vis battery necklace, I think that works.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I still haven't found a single piece of lead ore mining in Biodome Alpha, and I've been branch mining from surface to y 30-ish, and jumping around some caves even lower than that.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I guess I was wrong about the infiltration quests being meant to be done before Botania. You're supposed to start Botania stuff as soon as you get a book. The Paranormalist's quests are just to aid in finding more flower types.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

taiyoko posted:

I still haven't found a single piece of lead ore mining in Biodome Alpha, and I've been branch mining from surface to y 30-ish, and jumping around some caves even lower than that.

Sounds like my issues with finding tin. Found all the rest of tech metals, had an oureclase pick axe and it still took several long treks before I found at least one.

The Purify Focus is my fire hose. Spray indiscriminately, get mobbed by thaumic slimes from the released crusted taint, collect the vis, repeat until dead! And on the side collect enough goo for vitium phials. It's great.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Don't suppose there're any resource packs put together already for Blightfall are there? I can't be bothered to put a sphax pack together :v:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11556897/hobosmith%201.7.10%20-%20Blightfall.zip

John smith. Not 100% coverage, but it has all the big ones.

Finally got all my botania flowers, waited through some insanely slow early mana generation because of petal shortages to rush a jaded amaranthus (the one that grows new flowers). If you are planning on doing botania do this first. Once you get that you'll be swimming in flowers in no time and be able to set up a real operation.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
How do you unlock the things to get supply drops or coordinates for them? I've done everything available in the scout section I figured they'd unlock there after I did all that stuff, but nope.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Reason posted:

How do you unlock the things to get supply drops or coordinates for them? I've done everything available in the scout section I figured they'd unlock there after I did all that stuff, but nope.

discover the 6 conventional metals in the geology tab for 4 more points of interest, discover all the fantasy metals on the left page for a few more

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

McFrugal posted:

I guess I was wrong about the infiltration quests being meant to be done before Botania. You're supposed to start Botania stuff as soon as you get a book. The Paranormalist's quests are just to aid in finding more flower types.

this makes more sense now that i think about it, and is thus less stupid.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Killer, thanks!

Got my CV thing going. The messis node downgraded to pale, sadly, but hell, 4/tick of everything will still do the job. Never running out to charge wands again.

Now I can actually USE the shock focus :getin:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i need to upgrade my shock focus with that focus enchanter thinger I think because the lightning does about gently caress all damage and i am getting tired of playing "hide the crossbow bolt" with those loving crossbow guards

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Killer, thanks!

Got my CV thing going. The messis node downgraded to pale, sadly, but hell, 4/tick of everything will still do the job. Never running out to charge wands again.

Now I can actually USE the shock focus :getin:

Just murder all the spawning passive mobs, they drop most aspects except ignis, which you can get from taint swarms.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
So uh, I finally filled up my food history. Still a bunch of meal types left, and once I get some pig iron I'll set up a small exp farm for Epic Bacon. Yeah you can't just use pork, it has to be tcon bacon. There are some interestingly specific recipes like that. Take a look at hot dogs.

Taffer posted:

Finally got all my botania flowers, waited through some insanely slow early mana generation because of petal shortages to rush a jaded amaranthus (the one that grows new flowers). If you are planning on doing botania do this first. Once you get that you'll be swimming in flowers in no time and be able to set up a real operation.

Uhhh why aren't you just using floral fertilizer? Grind up flowers for more flowers of that type.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I cleaned all that with a darkwood shovel, a darkwood sword, and 13 blooms, and it took me about a real life day to do.
I also had to destroy a tainted node that kept re-tainting the island, it took me an 10 minutes of digging around before I said "gently caress it" and dug straight down approximately where it was.
:suicide:

Now to move all my stuff there and set up thaumcraft stuff. Etc. etc.

Now to backup my world incase that osmotic enchanter murders my world, again.

I just realized, since the vanilla mob spawning is fixed, you can make a mob drop tower and use a scythe to murder mobs en masse and use the vis to charge your wands and staffs.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 16, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i made the mistake of climbing to the top of that floating island in the northwest and got blown up by a botanist. it's not MY fault they left a waterfall behind that let me swim up there. kinda hoping that there's a warp point up there, somewhere.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Got a fluxed armor set from a machine bag. Gonna make a factory to produce gunpowder and say gently caress the fancy weapons, I'm mass producing black bullets and using a machine gun. We'll take the planet back the scifi way!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Got a fluxed armor set from a machine bag. Gonna make a factory to produce gunpowder and say gently caress the fancy weapons, I'm mass producing black bullets and using a machine gun. We'll take the planet back the scifi way!

:stare:
I didn't even know we had guns now!
make a mob drop tower, get all the gunpowder you could ever want!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I found a Botania flower in an underwater secret called the Bubbell

nothing online references it, the ingame guide doesn't either. Any idea what the heck it is?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Blind Duke posted:

I found a Botania flower in an underwater secret called the Bubbell

nothing online references it, the ingame guide doesn't either. Any idea what the heck it is?

That's an Elven tech flower. IDK what it is either but did you upgrade your book? Make an elven gateway and toss it in. It'll probably tell you then.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if i remember correctly it makes a bubble of air inside water

e: also, i found a flower on that floating lab island that lets me generate mana by absorbing explosions. i wonder what the easiest way to generate an explosion would be in blightfall.

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 16, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

e: also, i found a flower on that floating lab island that lets me generate mana by absorbing explosions. I wonder what the easiest way to generate an explosion would be in blightfall.

You can choose to get a nitro creeper from the black market. They throw live TNT.
I am mistaken.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 16, 2015

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

SugarAddict posted:

You can choose to get a nitro creeper from the black market. They throw live TNT.

Uh, if I'm thinking of the same Nitro Creeper, from Natura, they don't throw live TNT, they just explode really fast. The only creeper I know of that throws TNT is the Festive Creeper, and that mod (Koda's Custom Creepers) is not in Blightfall.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

Uh, if I'm thinking of the same Nitro Creeper, from Natura, they don't throw live TNT, they just explode really fast. The only creeper I know of that throws TNT is the Festive Creeper, and that mod (Koda's Custom Creepers) is not in Blightfall.

I am mistaken then.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Found a node that gives me 2 centi-vis of everything and that's been a god send. Going to collect that messis node next and use it to power my enchanter.

I'm still at iron tools so I think it's time to go mining after I finish setting up a golem farm and some alchemy stations.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Taffer posted:

I'm stuck on this too. I've flown up and down the western side with an airship and still can't find it. Just a bunch of boring normal caves.

E: of course I find it right when I post this. Cave entrance is at 912x600

Thank you so much jesus christ

By the way, excavation focus lets you skip to the top tier of metals in a jiffy, once you've got nether quartz and emeralds at least

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 16, 2015

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

e: also, i found a flower on that floating lab island that lets me generate mana by absorbing explosions. i wonder what the easiest way to generate an explosion would be in blightfall.

That flower is hard-coded to only generate from vanilla TNT, for the record. But it generates a ton of mana - give it a spreader of its own, with a potency lens, right against a mana pool (highest tier spreader you can). It literally generates mana as fast as you can pump it into the pool. Be careful not to explode another TNT until it is 100% finished or the explosion will be ignored and will damage terrain instead.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ambaire posted:

How do I get the blightfall-saves-v2.1.0.zip file? It's been stuck at 0% for the past hour now.

I left it to try to download overnight and it failed to do so. Can anyone upload the save file somewhere?

Edit: I deleted the existing file in the cache folder and it finally downloaded. Nevermind.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 16, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

McFrugal posted:

Uhhh why aren't you just using floral fertilizer? Grind up flowers for more flowers of that type.

I'm playing with other people who are doing Thaumcraft, and I'm not dealing with it. They hadn't researched it and making a flower generator was easy once I got all the colors.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i don't remember who it was that mentioned the purify wand focus but wow this thing is amazing

find big pile of crusted taint, firehose it, then chain lightning everything to dead for beaucoup experience and rep from turning in tainted slimer things

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What's a good essentia distillation setup look like without golems? IIRC the alchemy core requires infusion and blarg I can't be bothered yet, but I don't remember how to make TC pipes not suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

What's a good essentia distillation setup look like without golems? IIRC the alchemy core requires infusion and blarg I can't be bothered yet, but I don't remember how to make TC pipes not suck.

Use Thaumic Energistics or whatever the mod is called that lets you store your alchemy essentia in AE2's storage.