Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

The closest show to me is Milwaukee and that's still 4 and a half hours on the road one-way. I'm way surprised they're not playing Chicago.

Yeah, I thought not having a chicago show was weird also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Santa Ana - dang.

babyturnsblue
Jun 14, 2007

i used to dance before the discos came

Pope Guilty posted:

The closest show to me is Milwaukee and that's still 4 and a half hours on the road one-way. I'm way surprised they're not playing Chicago.

I'm really, really surprised too :(

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

My copy of The Looking Glass Society arrived!

Uh, so I've followed Anders on Facebook in the interim, and while he's known to speak his mind ... dear lord he was saving it. The liner notes are full of heavy poo poo.

Some stuff was known, like losing a job was a major setback. I don't believe he ever mentioned his grandfather or mother dying online. But I think the implication is that he found her while living with her.

...and he and Tea are engaged.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Also, from their facebook page:

quote:

I just rediscovered that vocoders are awesome, next album is all about done already but for the one after that: expect robots.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

What an odd tour schedule

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
glad that youth code / skinny puppy are playing baltimore finally. Ogre has played baltimore before, but I don't think SP ever has. And I just am totally in love with Youth Code. I didn't realize that L.A has this crazy 'industrial' scene now - youth code, human traffic, 3teeth, high functioning flesh...all this poo poo is right up my ally. rip chicago "industrial"

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Laibach - "We will go to Mt. Paektu"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3fYbSfDSmU

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
The most :psyduck: band on the planet.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Going to catch the Cleveland show since it's on a weekend and I haven't been out to a show in years. :corsair:

How is Youth Code live?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Going to catch the Cleveland show since it's on a weekend and I haven't been out to a show in years. :corsair:

How is Youth Code live?

I've only seen them on a big rear end festival stage and they were p. crazy, I can imagine them being devastating in a smaller venue

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
Youth Code are great live. So much energy.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Got Haggis? posted:

Has to be all of the coffee they drink.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Got Haggis? posted:

Get there early. We went to the YC/Haujobb/FLA/Puppy show in Boston last year and were about 20 minutes late getting in. Which I didn't think any thing of because when do shows start on time? YC had finished and Haujobb were setting up at that point.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I've only seen them on a big rear end festival stage and they were p. crazy, I can imagine them being devastating in a smaller venue
I saw them in a crowd of maybe 25 people on a Tuesday night and it was fuckin crazybonkers. I never got into hardcore music or went to any of those shows, but it seemed like the closest thing to that kind of experience.

And Night Sins opened which was also pretty :coal:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 14, 2015

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 4, 2020

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Extra posted:

Curious if I could ask the thread a favor. Looking for more albums/artists similar to Tommi Stumpff's Ultra album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG9vKGL4mbA

So far the closest I've been able to find is A Split-Second, Bigod 20's early work, and Armageddon Dildos. e: and maybe Blok 57 but their albums don't have the same what I could only describe as synthpop sound. It could be delving through the depths of EBM producers could be the issue when Ultra could be categorized as "hard" synthpop.

Any suggestions appreciated, it seems this stuff was only being produced in the late 1980s but I could be mistaken.

Well, I hear a lot of early Front 242 in that song, though I'm sure you didn't miss that.

Some of Die Warzau's stuff might fit, like Jack Hammer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3RKt3rdiVM or Land of the Free https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TDEptgP08g

Wizchine fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 16, 2015

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

They're coming near me, but I'd have to go to Niagara Falls. :ohdear:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Future Days posted:

Laibach - "We will go to Mt. Paektu"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3fYbSfDSmU

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

This is awesome

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Next week I have to look forward to:

August 26: Birthday Massacre
August 27: Bruderschaft, FGFC820
August 28: Velvet Acid Christ, Tactical Sekt
August 29: Haujobb, Conjure One, 3Teeth

FGFC820 permanently ingratiated themselves to me by doing an Ich Bin Ein Auslander cover

Aug 27-30 is the Aftermath festival. Lots of other stuff too I'm not very familiar with.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

teethgrinder posted:

FGFC820 permanently ingratiated themselves to me by doing an Ich Bin Ein Auslander cover

Aug 27-30 is the Aftermath festival. Lots of other stuff too I'm not very familiar with.

Hell of a lineup! I'm jealous!

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Picked up tickets for Skinny Puppy/Youth Code in Baltimore, mega-excited about that show. Skinny Puppy are amazing live, and I've wanted to see Youth Code for a while now.

teethgrinder posted:

I saw FGFC820 in NYC a couple of years ago, and man that was a strange show. I think the singer was drunk or in the middle of getting divorced, because he went off on bizarre tangents a few times. They were good otherwise, but I stopped listening to them after that because it was just too weird for me.

VAC owns live though, and I'm jelly of seeing Tactical Sekt and Haujobb (I almost saw them once, but I got lost, showed up late, and missed them when they opened for VNV Nation a while back). That's a hell of a line-up there.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm not 100% clear, but I think he's the driving force behind Bruderschaft too? Wonder what that set will be like, would be awesome of other present acts filled in.

VAC really was the big one for me... one of the first bands in the loosely-defined genre I was into, and I think possibly the only one I've never seen. Oh also never seen Icon of Coil.

I've seen Conjure One twice, unfortunately never been terribly exciting. Still like his music.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
I don't know how it escaped notice, but Primitive Race finally put out an album on the 7th. At first listen it's pretty good.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

teethgrinder posted:

I was listening to them in the car the other day - the first album. I hadn't done that in awhile and I was like :monocle: because they're really good. That song Horror Show blows my clothes off.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 17, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://haujobbnorthamerica.bandcamp.com/album/input-error

:gowron:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
The Laibach show in North Korea made the Dutch national news today. They were described as a 'metal band', and they put a video of an entire set on the website.

It'll be interesting to see the news tomorrow, I guess

e: Most of the news articles describe it as a 'nazi' band...
Though there was also a radio piece with a North Korea expert who knew his stuff, and they played parts of Queen's One Vision and Geburt einer Nation back to back.

Entropist fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 19, 2015

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Seriously, can't wait to see the live footage of this.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Man, if you go to the Leaether Strip band camp page, Claus Larsen has posted a teenage demos album.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Pretty drat excited about seeing Seeming tonight. Anyone catch them live?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Pretty excited about seeing Cocksure, Klangstabil, Mind.In.A.Box and Monolith at Infest in a week's time and seeing some (one?) of you there!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Pretty excited about seeing Cocksure, Klangstabil, Mind.In.A.Box and Monolith at Infest in a week's time and seeing some (one?) of you there!

:pcgaming:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Y'all gonna loving love Klangstabil. That poo poo is dope.

Also you better be excited for Project Pitchfork too or I will cut you.

e: I swear some year I'll skip a trip to Germany and visit Infest instead. I've wanted to visit the UK for so long anyway. This year would've been a fantastic one for me lineup-wise but the timing is unfortunate

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 21, 2015

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Dude last year PP cancelled at last minute and I was so upset. I've only seen them once before and it was like one of the best shows ever, up there with Laibach. (also I touched Peters arm) so I am so excited you have no idea. I'm going to scream and shout and stomp every second they're on.

[edit]

Consider resistanz 2016 as it's the last one.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'll be at infest as well!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Puntification posted:

I'll be at infest as well!

I will not end up smoking with you this year because I don't smoke and ~my girlfriend~ will be cross if I suddenly do :-)

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I however will be down for chimneying.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I will not end up smoking with you this year because I don't smoke and ~my girlfriend~ will be cross if I suddenly do :-)

I have no idea whose cigarrettes those were cos i don't smoke either O:)

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Saw HopefulMachines (side project of Ego Likeness) which was good, Seeming was really good. Also Inertia was good but I was starting to taper off my drinks at this point so I was spending more time at the bar at this point (sorry!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knGGqOnXdY8

:stare: