Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Soup report: it's a one-time doublevote that I can PM to pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidnose posted:

I mean I figure because I just explained my thought process as to why, if I were the doc, I would not have protected TT? I don't know why you are asking "how do you figure" when that was the clarifying point.

I don't believe if a doc thought I was scum they also would have believed I'd be dumb enough to kill my main person engaged with. That's a major waste of a protect.

And why would a doc believe that scum would kill one of us rather than a person who gives way less information based on thread interactions?

How do you figure is a colloquialism that implies, in this case, that what you have decided as fact I feel there is doubt about.

Scum kills aren't always logical. You've eaten a few fear kills lately, despite the fact that it gives the thread a bunch of information, just because you are scary.

I'm not saying I'm sure that a doc targeted TT, just that it's got some decent possibility of happening, while you seem to be completely dismissing it as an option.

My actual theory is that TT got a ton of SP for making us lose to Gato, and got a protect out of it somehow. He had two items when he died, but I don't believe he didn't buy anything from 1000AD before we time hopped.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

No, I'm trying to figure out why TT didn't die. No town doc worth their salt would have protected him from a NK yesterday.

I'm looking more at KB's claim that he was jailed/recruited last night because I think it more like EXACT would have attempted to jail TT.

This is not worth pursuing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ah, yeah, I forgot he got SP from it. That does make more sense, you're right.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

This is not worth pursuing.

What would you like to pursue, Asiina? You are sidelining a lot without really adding anything to the conversation.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to pursue WWM dying.

And I'm just saying that this line of thinking is not worth your time.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Pig make a comment on wwm

I have something in mind don't worry about it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
People talking about lynching WWM are all scummy. There is just as much of a chance he is some town that just wants to be killed out of the game on his way out of mafia. Let him be replaced or killed, it doesn't help us to apathy lynch him because he quit unless you felt he was scummy before his scumclaim.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidnose posted:

Especially since you were very excited about your role, I don't see why you aren't playing very much.

I gave you a short, dickish answer yesterday, I just got to this point in the thread. To be a little more clear, my role depends entirely on the actions of others to let me use abilities. As of yet, I haven't gotten to do anything with it. Part of that is us failing both challenges. (Sorry Opop, I wasn't sure you were around, and hoped my lesser bonus would be enough to let us win)

That doesn't have anything to do with me not playing, but it's why I haven't been as excited about my role.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I gave you a short, dickish answer yesterday, I just got to this point in the thread during my reread. To be a little more clear, my role depends entirely on the actions of others to let me use abilities. As of yet, I haven't gotten to do anything with it. Part of that is us failing both challenges. (Sorry Opop, I wasn't sure you were around, and hoped my lesser bonus would be enough to let us win)

That doesn't have anything to do with me not playing, but it's why I haven't been as excited about my role.

Mafia edit

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

JakeP posted:

People talking about lynching WWM are all scummy. There is just as much of a chance he is some town that just wants to be killed out of the game on his way out of mafia. Let him be replaced or killed, it doesn't help us to apathy lynch him because he quit unless you felt he was scummy before his scumclaim.

I absolutely thought he was scummy before the claim, but you're right about waiting for CPig to deal with it, since he says he has plans.

##unvote

Chic Trombone has made very little contribution to any conversation.

Chic Trombone posted:

I said I didn't know where to enter the conversation, not that I didn't have opinions, you dingus.

Things have slowed down right now, why not weigh in? This is the only opinion of yours I've seen so far. (Well, there was the post were you originally said you thought taste was town, but I'm lumping it into this)

Chic Trombone posted:

Also I thought Taste was scum until D2 when I thought I had ~reason to believe~ he was town, but it turned out he was 3P so vOv

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Again. On him all game. He is scum.

He has now also scum claimed. He didn't do that in the other game he left. He did that here. So for meta reasons I'm feeling pretty confident that I have been right this whole time.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mithross posted:

I absolutely thought he was scummy before the claim, but you're right about waiting for CPig to deal with it, since he says he has plans.

His plans may very well just be replacement. That won't change how scummy he is. It will just put someone new in the position of me hounding them.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

His plans may very well just be replacement. That won't change how scummy he is. It will just put someone new in the position of me hounding them.

If it is a replacement, I will be right back voting with you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

KB, do you have an opinion in anything else that has happened?

Motorola, same question. I separate you out because you promised a reread which you clearly did and posted an opinion on but you completely ignored the stuff with JakeP and I. That was basically a reread of people talking about you km the thread?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

King Burgundy posted:

Again. On him all game. He is scum.

He has now also scum claimed. He didn't do that in the other game he left. He did that here. So for meta reasons I'm feeling pretty confident that I have been right this whole time.

There are probably more than 1 scum, you're scummy because focusing on him is a deadend and it's obfuscating the rest of the game

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Motorola, same question. I separate you out because you promised a reread which you clearly did and posted an opinion on but you completely ignored the stuff with JakeP and I. That was basically a reread of people talking about you km the thread?

I've posted opinions on things throughout. Is there something in particular you are looking for an opinion on?

If you are looking for other possible suspects I have besides WWM, they are Jake, Asiina and possibly Chic. But WWM feels like a sure thing to me. The others I'm less sure on.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

There are probably more than 1 scum, you're scummy because focusing on him is a deadend and it's obfuscating the rest of the game

It's not a dead end. I've already explained why. It will give us more information about the bad guys. On top of that, if he is replaced, bad things will continue to happen via his powers, whatever they are.

I'm really confused about how dense you are all being about this.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I was building a post around that when I realized I was running late for work. I agree on jakes one point he's made, I don't see how you could have started casing him and not realized he's claimed, with that giant pink dog picture about five posts in.

Outside of that, he's done very little to contribute content, just hand out swords, while you have built other cases. If I were going to land on one side or the other, I'd vote jake.

(I'm guessing I'm motorola? But chic never talked about me, so I'm not sure where you are going with that)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

King Burgundy posted:

It's not a dead end. I've already explained why. It will give us more information about the bad guys. On top of that, if he is replaced, bad things will continue to happen via his powers, whatever they are.

I'm really confused about how dense you are all being about this.

Clearly, everyone else is being dense and you're the only sane one.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
KB are you scum with quidnose

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
rhetorical question, I think you are and obv you will say nay. What part of quidnose case on me actually makes me look scummy, or if you are convinced for other reasons, why

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

Clearly, everyone else is being dense and you're the only sane one.

To pull a Taste, I expect apologies at end of game from all of you who aren't scum when I am proven right.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

KB are you scum with quidnose

Nope. I'm not scum.

JakeP posted:

rhetorical question, I think you are and obv you will say nay. What part of quidnose case on me actually makes me look scummy, or if you are convinced for other reasons, why

You complain about other people, like Quidnose, not reading, but haven't read my response to this?

King Burgundy posted:

I actually agree with Quid on Jake. I hadn't put together the fact that Jake thought Taste and Quid were town and then voted Quid with no explanation/etc. And yeah, easy 3p vote on Taste once I copped him.

I'd vote Jake. I think WWM is scummiest though. He's still my priority.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, I'll be honest, I am feeling so sure WWM is scum that anyone fighting against it is tarnished in my mind as well. So that certainly doesn't help.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I refuse to vote anyone other than one of the three who failed the mission today, but would definitely go for KB at a later time

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

BTW, Have you said why you think I'm scum? Or is this like the rest of your game and you don't give reasons for anything?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Nope. I'm not scum.

You complain about other people, like Quidnose, not reading, but haven't read my response to this?

I don't even know what that is about though? I never said I think Taste and Quid are town

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, Have you said why you think I'm scum? Or is this like the rest of your game and you don't give reasons for anything?

Because you are all about saying you will vote easy targets and not really getting into why, and now your reasoning for jumping on quidnose case isn't even a thing that happened

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

I don't even know what that is about though? I never said I think Taste and Quid are town

Yes. You did.

JakeP posted:

hey y'all good morning

as far as sabotaging bleh bleh bleh why would scum on the mission sabotage, wouldn't they have as much to gain from it succeeding as town? Like where did this concept come form that only town wants SP to buy sweet elixers and tonics? Scum like tonic too. Y'all have phoenix downs syndrome or soemthing

lmao jk jk XD

I kind of don't get some of tastes logic in his explanation, and he says things as if they are facts but they are based on some hypothesis he has that as far as I know is completely unconfirmed, but my gut is still telling me that him and quidnose are townies slap fighting

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Because you are all about saying you will vote easy targets and not really getting into why, and now your reasoning for jumping on quidnose case isn't even a thing that happened

WWM has never this game been an easy target. Please explain when this was? Please use detail and refer back to posts in question? When specifically did you think I was scum? Was it when I agreed with Quid's case on you?

As just posted, it WAS a thing that happened. Not paying good enough attention to what you even post this game since you are scum and don't care that much?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol weird funny how things change in this crazy world

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

WWM has never this game been an easy target. Please explain when this was?

Well he certainly is right now being that he quit mafia and abandoned the game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I was building a post around that when I realized I was running late for work. I agree on jakes one point he's made, I don't see how you could have started casing him and not realized he's claimed, with that giant pink dog picture about five posts in.

Outside of that, he's done very little to contribute content, just hand out swords, while you have built other cases. If I were going to land on one side or the other, I'd vote jake.

(I'm guessing I'm motorola? But chic never talked about me, so I'm not sure where you are going with that)

"I think your actions are really scummy but actually I think Jake is the scum"

Hella hedgey post. Are we scum together? That seems to be what you think from this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Well he certainly is right now being that he quit mafia and abandoned the game

No. He still isn't even right now. I'm getting push back from most people on this. This is the opposite of easy. You can't just call it easy when it is the hardest thing from that. I feel like Cassandra this game. And again, keep in mind I was pushing this BEFORE he left.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id vote mithross actually

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

No. He still isn't even right now. I'm getting push back from most people on this. This is the opposite of easy. You can't just call it easy when it is the hardest thing from that. I feel like Cassandra this game. And again, keep in mind I was pushing this BEFORE he left.

lol a dude that isnt in the game and wont defend himself is the easiest target of all what are you even saying

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You are getting pushback because its stupid to lynch him when he will probably be modkilled for abandoning the game

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

lol a dude that isnt in the game and wont defend himself is the easiest target of all what are you even saying

He has multiple defenders. Do you disagree? Aren't you and Opop at the very least pushing VERY hard against voting him? I think there have been others too, but I'd have to look back. How is this easy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

But KB didn't start going after him today after he quit. He was on him yesterday. This is misrepresentative of his actions.

• Locked thread