Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I almost want to buy whatever it is the commercial is for. This guy is selling it like he's with the WWE.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That's Chevy Chase levels of physical comedy right there.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

tribbledirigible posted:

I almost want to buy whatever it is the commercial is for. This guy is selling it like he's with the WWE.

I found it

Zwipes Microfiber Cleaning Cloths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NRtT16wuM

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Clearly an advertisement for lube.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

walgreenslatino posted:

I found it

Zwipes Microfiber Cleaning Cloths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NRtT16wuM

Ah. Well, maybe after I've worked my way through my second set of Super Shammies that I got for free after paying for the separate shipping and handling.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Come on, man! You already got 1 right.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Malcolm McDowell needs to kill his manager.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
It started with a whisperrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:suicide:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I want to meet whoever was responsible for that loving Juicy Fruit commercial where the gum makes the two guys make diarrhea-caliber farts out of their armpits for 30 seconds and punch him in his goddamn nose and fart in his face.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It's not an ad that I hate, but I guess this is the general advertising thread, so....

The Subaru "dog-tested" commercial with the family of Golden Retrievers is absolutely loving adorable!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

PT6A posted:

It's not an ad that I hate, but I guess this is the general advertising thread, so....

The Subaru "dog-tested" commercial with the family of Golden Retrievers is absolutely loving adorable!

There's more than one and they're all good. I love it when an ad actually makes the product seem like a good buy just to support the company for doing a good job.

I love Old Spice b/c of Terry Cruise's commercials, for instance :-).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really don't like the recent Miralax commercials with the purple poop.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

muscles like this? posted:

Goes along with the years of blue menstrual blood.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason now they're doing a commercial with Norm McDonald as Col Sanders.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

DerekSmartymans posted:

There's more than one and they're all good. I love it when an ad actually makes the product seem like a good buy just to support the company for doing a good job.

I love Old Spice b/c of Terry Cruise's commercials, for instance :-).

But I like Isaiah Mustafa too.

Why not both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_hWeN249fs

Also in the vein of competing mascots, I realized that KFC's latest ad wasn't actually a fever dream I had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_owYCDZUk

^^efb^^ Well, the link's here for anyone interested.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

ElectricSheep posted:

But I like Isaiah Mustafa too.

Why not both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_hWeN249fs

Also in the vein of competing mascots, I realized that KFC's latest ad wasn't actually a fever dream I had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_owYCDZUk

^^efb^^ Well, the link's here for anyone interested.

That shrug just loving killed me. Oh my god, what a perfect use of Norm.

e: Also, I'm having a genuinely hard time deciding between Old Spice mascots.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

SpacePig posted:

That shrug just loving killed me. Oh my god, what a perfect use of Norm.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The Best Buy ad with the rear end in a top hat making modem noises is really pissing me off. It doesn't even make sense because I'm guessing most people going to high school or college right now have never even had to deal with a dial-up modem.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I still hate the Fiji Water commercials... gently caress off with your stupid bottled water propping up a dictatorship.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
OH NOOOO

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Don't you just HATE it when toilets forcefully shoot turd water all over your face while you're cleaning them?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Gonz posted:

Don't you just HATE it when toilets forcefully shoot turd water all over your face while you're cleaning them?

I do. There just HAS to be a better way.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sorry there isn't.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It's a turd waterspout existence we live in.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

muscles like this? posted:

Or, for that matter, the ones with the lady who gets up in front of a crowd of strangers and just starts casually asking about their bowel movements.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

PT6A posted:

The Best Buy ad with the rear end in a top hat making modem noises is really pissing me off. It doesn't even make sense because I'm guessing most people going to high school or college right now have never even had to deal with a dial-up modem.

You're really overestimating how long it's been since some places had dial-up then.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
There's a Subway commercial now, featuring a man ordering a sandwich, describing the ingredients in the creepiest way possible to the girl at the register.

He has no intention of eating this sandwich, this sandwich is solely for his sexual pleasure.

And to top it all off, the woman behind him finishes with an "I'll have what he's having".

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I really hate that AT&T commercial with the couple in the self-storage container.

Why would the container automatically lock when the door goes down? Why would they not start banging on the door if it was locked? If they had their phone in there with them why wouldn't they call someone and go "hey, we're trapped in here, get the management to open it up"? Why does their shiftless rear end in a top hat of a friend think it's okay to stay home and watch TV for a few hours when he apparently said he'd come help sort through things? It took me a minute to even remember what the commercial was for because every time it comes on I end up with a new question.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Kimmalah posted:

You're really overestimating how long it's been since some places had dial-up then.

Do any of those places have a Best Buy, though? It's been over a decade since high speed internet finally reached the town of 600 people in the middle of nowhere where I grew up; I can't imagine how in-the-middle-of-buttfuck-nowhere you'd have to be to not have high-speed internet.

I haven't even seen a computer with a dial-up modem for years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dial-up was still 3% in 2013.

That's more users than Blackberry!

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 17, 2015

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Thank you very much for this.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kimmalah posted:

High school maybe, college you still have people born in the early-mid 90s so I imagine they'd remember it if nothing else.

Aphrodite posted:

Dial-up was still 3% in 2013.

That's more users than Blackberry!

Probably skews heavily towards older/retired people though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I was wondering about that the other day when I found that AOL still exists in some form. Is their dialup service still up, and if so do people still use it? Are these like the people that still rent their landline phones from the telephone company?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is there any ad worse than the 'we can be the generation who stops smoking' ads that feature just like a minute of 'club music' and dumb 'did you know an hour of hookah smoking is like ONE HUNDRED CIGARETTES?!' text flashing.

These are the same dudes who did the 'left swipe that' stupid rap thing, right? Is it seriously just a board of a bunch of 70 year old white dudes trying to appeal to the kids these days?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I feel like the people who make the credit karma commercials forgot that the 80s were around 30 years ago.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

raditts posted:

I was wondering about that the other day when I found that AOL still exists in some form. Is their dialup service still up, and if so do people still use it? Are these like the people that still rent their landline phones from the telephone company?

I keep telling myself that physically printed news is dead, but there are still newspapers and magazines like Newsweek (which ceased publication and then came back wtf) around that old people like to read.

I haven't read a magazine (that wasn't in a waiting room) or a physical newspaper since around 9/11.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

raditts posted:

They actually do iirc, and it's not a terrible deal because they usually bundle it with an AARP membership and other stuff so it's cheaper overall than paying for everything separately.

You Are A Elf posted:

I keep telling myself that physically printed news is dead, but there are still newspapers and magazines like Newsweek (which ceased publication and then came back wtf) around that old people like to read.

I haven't read a magazine (that wasn't in a waiting room) or a physical newspaper since around 9/11.

My parents don't even get physical newspapers anymore but it helps that the one here was extremely terrible. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I really don't get the Credit Karma commercials or really anything that advocates a credit score in such a way as a bargaining chip.

Like those commercials that show the girl going in to buy a car or a piece of furniture and they say "Hah, my score is 750 so I should get a better deal!"

Is that how it works? They run a credit report, and intentionally offer you a WORSE deal in order to get a higher interest rate? But oh ho ho ho I know my credit score so now you have to give me a better deal! And now the sales person bends over backwards to give them a better deal or some such up to and including personal items.

I've used my credit a bunch of times to buy things and never has it been a battle of credit scores. Do some people operate this way?