Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Light Gun Man posted:

I take it you added agricraft? Unless crop sticks are now part of another mod or something?

Yeah I added a few quality of life mods to the pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Man, Blightfall reminds me of how much I want to love Thaumcraft, and how much I hate certain aspects of that. And I mean Aspects both literally and figuratively.

I just want a magictech mod where I have glowing magic lasers from a few stabilized tears in reality feeding my gear and ore processing and harvesting equipment. Which I get with Thaumcraft, but I also get so much more cruft.

In the config files there's an option for a Creative book that unlocks all research, letting you most of the cruft.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Magres posted:

In the config files there's an option for a Creative book that unlocks all research, letting you most of the cruft.

Gotta be fun dealing with warp effects in Blightfall, though. Can't just turn off Warp either, 'cos then you miss out on all the Eldritch stuff (which I still have never seen).

Question, where's glowstone in blightfall? I was working on a basic AE system because I'm tired as hell of chest sprawl (and I want to start thaumic energistics ASAP), and forgot you need glowstone for the panel for an ME terminal.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Gotta be fun dealing with warp effects in Blightfall, though. Can't just turn off Warp either, 'cos then you miss out on all the Eldritch stuff (which I still have never seen).

Question, where's glowstone in blightfall? I was working on a basic AE system because I'm tired as hell of chest sprawl (and I want to start thaumic energistics ASAP), and forgot you need glowstone for the panel for an ME terminal.

It's all over in the floating islands. I think you can get it sooner but I don't remember exactly where.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Taffer posted:

It's all over in the floating islands. I think you can get it sooner but I don't remember exactly where.

Ahh, I was wondering about those. Aesthetics compels me not to nerdpole buuuuut aesthetics also compels me to get rid of all these loving chests. Nerdpole it is!

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Right, but how do I host the server? I have no idea what I'm doing here.

start single player, then press Esc, then open to lan

BTW this will also allow you to use /gamemode and other admin commands (even if no one else connects)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

you could try to get a single mfr laser drill that will provide Every ore including glowstone.

I also found end stone under Alpha dome, but where can you get Ghast Tears and Blaze rods?

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 17, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Ahh, I was wondering about those. Aesthetics compels me not to nerdpole buuuuut aesthetics also compels me to get rid of all these loving chests. Nerdpole it is!

take a boat and sail around the underside of the floating island in the south sea

there will be a few glowstone blocks underneath that should be easy to spot on account of it being dark as all hell

then use the crucible recipe to dupe the glowstone

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

TheresaJayne posted:

you could try to get a single mfr laser drill that will provide Every ore including glowstone.

I also found end stone under Alpha dome, but where can you get Ghast Tears and Blaze rods?

Ask for them? The supplier will give you ghast tears, ender pearls and blaze rods once you past certain quests (not sure which).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

take a boat and sail around the underside of the floating island in the south sea

there will be a few glowstone blocks underneath that should be easy to spot on account of it being dark as all hell

then use the crucible recipe to dupe the glowstone

Where's this duping at in the thaumonomicon, somewhere under the Thaumium stuff (Magical Metallurgy in Alchemy)?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Warp effects aren't that bad to handle, the worst it does is spawn an enemy that is a threat to you early game but utterly trivial compared to the tainted humans, and easy to handle with iron grade armor and a diamond grade sword.

Duping stuff is under alchemy, on the left there's alchemical duplication. Cloning a glowstone takes three lux and a sensus. Carrots are an easy source of sensus, torches for the lux

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Magres posted:

Warp effects aren't that bad to handle, the worst it does is spawn an enemy that is a threat to you early game but utterly trivial compared to the tainted humans, and easy to handle with iron grade armor and a diamond grade sword.

Duping stuff is under alchemy, on the left there's alchemical duplication. Cloning a glowstone takes three lux and a sensus. Carrots are an easy source of sensus, torches for the lux

Vanilla plant dye or lapis are also great sources of sensus. If you have ANY fortune on your pick you'll soon be drowning in Lapis anyways as well.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cool, thanks all.

Is there any way to remove focus upgrades or do I have to make a brand new focus? I took the one on my excavation focus that sometimes makes clusters, but that's a bit pointless now that I have a pulverizer.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, thanks all.

Is there any way to remove focus upgrades or do I have to make a brand new focus? I took the one on my excavation focus that sometimes makes clusters, but that's a bit pointless now that I have a pulverizer.

If you're going full thaumcraft I think an arcane furnace will out-perform a pulverizer for ore multiplication if you use clusters. Arcane furnaces, in addition to working entirely freely, spew out bonus resources out of the ether when you toss stuff in them. Meaning you'll end up with extra ore nuggets. Doesn't sound like very much until you realize that each below you add (up to three) and adding a source of ignis centi-vis will not only speed up the furnace dramatically, but it will also increase the bonus ore chance. You'll end up with a lot of messy nuggets to clean up, but if you've got a powerful luck enchantment on your excavation focus/pickaxe of the core then you'll probably get more metal than with a pulverizer. Especially if you take the time to re-mine any ore that doesn't cluster until you finally get clusters out of them.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
For those of you who don't want to do research, you can set the research to easy in the config and then give yourself a thousand of every aspect (/TC aspect name give 1000). Then you can just unlock things as as you want them.

This is the better method compared to the cheatonomicon, because you can leave warp enabled and not get slammed with maximum warp all at once. Drawback is you'll need to scan things to unlock some researches.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I wasn't aware you get the bonus nuggets from clusters, I haven't gotten very many. Infernal Furnace was one of the first things I built after I got access to CV, along with three bellows, so I know how fast that fucker is :v:. It doesn't dupe things like quartz though, right, so I gotta keep the pulverizer around anyway I suppose.

Still need to redo that excavation focus though, Enlarge is neat but it kind of makes a goddamn mess, would be easier to just stack up Potency. Maybe I'll save it for if I ever get around to making an arcane bore.

(Does Treasure interact with Dowsing in any way? Like a chance of more clusters than usual, or anything?)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 17, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
How do you set it so you can use cheat-y commands like /tc aspect give 1000

I'm super tired of thaum research and scrounging around for research points

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

How do you set it so you can use cheat-y commands like /tc aspect give 1000

I'm super tired of thaum research and scrounging around for research points

You have to do that either at world creation, or turn on LAN with cheats enabled.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
The hype from Blightfall has given me some ideas for new things to put into Baby's First Space Race. I am thinking I really need to mention crossbows there. I didn't because I was not familiar with them myself. I managed to get a darkwood tree and it made a decent crossbow, but I was able to buff it up with redstone. I did not know how bolts worked, so I wound up making six stacks of them when I thought I was making just a few bolts, and I did not realize I could just throw some iron on a depleted stack of them in order to get them back.

I should also maybe set up Iguana Tweaks and just disable most of the grind for that in BFSR. The main reason is to have some blurbs about how things work there and see if I can encourage progressively upgrading from a base tool. I don't know if HQM's metadata detection is up to it though.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

SugarAddict posted:

You have to do that either at world creation, or turn on LAN with cheats enabled.

You can also change the world settings with NBTEditor and enable cheats. I'm not at home so I can't give the exact location for the line to change, though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I just turned on LAN and did it. Thanks guys!

Hah, found and used the research commands to just unlock everything, mostly to read flavor texts. I love how completely off the goddamned deep end you go in the Eldritch tab. "Why yes, fellow wizards, this tank of magic juice that is under so much force the metal is shrieking in pain is PERFECTLY SAFE."

Magres fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 17, 2015

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'll have to post pictures too but my poo poo is ugly as sin with way too much chest sprawl. I moved out of my dome really early though and I just live on the swamp islands that I've turned into a magical forest biome with a LOT of silverwoods. My gate to energistics now is a pulveizer for quarts.

I also unlocked the dawn machine which looks like a lot of work. I think I'll build one of those taint trees for easy taint aspect fruits.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
So uh, I just found out you can't make destabilized redstone in the smeltery with lava. You need to put pyrotheum in it. Lava only heats things to 1300.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Magres posted:

I just turned on LAN and did it. Thanks guys!

Hah, found and used the research commands to just unlock everything, mostly to read flavor texts. I love how completely off the goddamned deep end you go in the Eldritch tab. "Why yes, fellow wizards, this tank of magic juice that is under so much force the metal is shrieking in pain is PERFECTLY SAFE."

"Fellow wizards" in this case is the increasingly concerned administration back on the orbital colony ship.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
A silly question: With Resonant Rise 3, what with the incompatibility between Magical Crops and Thaumcraft, am I the only one who has turned off Thaumcraft, rather than Magical Crops? The flux taint got annoying fast if pursuing Thaumcraft greatness was not high on your priority list. I like being able to grow poo poo. But in the latest release I saw that Energy Condensers are A Thing again, so I may have a better solution for making scarce things. I've missed those things.

Less silly question; is Grimoire of Gaia meant to make the desert utter death? A simple attempt to pump oil was instead a running battle with cockatrices and sphynxes for quite some time, and this was with a jetpack.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I dunno. The paranormalist gets up to some shady poo poo. Where is he getting his visum aspect? Does he just Jerk it in a bottle?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:itwaspoo:

In other news, Archimedes' Ships is really fun. I'm flying around being a skyrate

E: Has anyone tried to take on the city? I just took a crack at it and jesus this place is incredibly hard

A ship protects you pretty well though, I just flew in, jacked some flowers while the enemies flailed on my boat, and got out of dodge. Good times.

E2: Got the waypoint, flew my boat home, warped back, purified and took their boat. YAR HAR HAR :black101:

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Aug 17, 2015

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

President Ark posted:

For growth, plant them on end stone, they grow at an actual semi-sane pace on that instead of "takes literal weeks" you get on dirt.

You can also plant them on an ender core and they grow faster than wheat. The material requirements for that are fairly endgame though.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Red_October_7000 posted:

A silly question: With Resonant Rise 3, what with the incompatibility between Magical Crops and Thaumcraft, am I the only one who has turned off Thaumcraft, rather than Magical Crops? The flux taint got annoying fast if pursuing Thaumcraft greatness was not high on your priority list. I like being able to grow poo poo. But in the latest release I saw that Energy Condensers are A Thing again, so I may have a better solution for making scarce things. I've missed those things.

Less silly question; is Grimoire of Gaia meant to make the desert utter death? A simple attempt to pump oil was instead a running battle with cockatrices and sphynxes for quite some time, and this was with a jetpack.

Grimoire of Gaia makes like half the world utter death. During the day.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you want tech metals, make a pick of the core. I just finished mine and it looks like the only stuff it picks up on ore-radar is tech metal

Bleh and all I want right now are diamonds for terrasteel :(

E: On the bright side, time to get into the full swing of industry!

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Aug 17, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, thanks all.

You have to make a brand new focus.

I carry two excavation focuses -- one with potency/enlarge for mass digging and one with fortune.

I also jarred and brought home a 9 CV terra node to recharge my vis stone :sweatdrop:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

You have to make a brand new focus.

I carry two excavation focuses -- one with potency/enlarge for mass digging and one with fortune.

I also jarred and brought home a 9 CV terra node to recharge my vis stone :sweatdrop:

drat, best I got is 6. Whats a good way to farm xp for the enchantments?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Blightfall 2 is probably the furthest I've got with the recent Thaumcraft. Getting to holding nodes open so they can leak vis into my wands was surprisingly painless. I didn't find the Messis node, but I managed to stumble on a Tutamen node for my first (3/4 every aspect) and a Lucrum (all at 4) node for my second.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Demiurge4 posted:

You can get a surprising amount of XP by setting up a brain in a jar next to an infernal furnace and setting up some way to autosmelt mass quantities of something. Smelting cobblestone from a igneous extruder is easy and cheap. If you need a Zombie brain to scan for the research, go to an eerie totem node at night, those autospawn furious zombies when it's dark out.

Also this is the first pack I've played where Thaumcraft metal transmutation is actually useful. Barley seeds have permutatio essentia so you can transmute iron into copper basically for free, and glass nets you the vitreous essentia needed to transmute tin.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Demiurge4 posted:

get the purify focus and the lightning focus, and go around liquefying crusted taint

this will spawn a bazillion thaumic slimes which you then lightning to dead for tons of XP + tons of rep from turning in slime blobs

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Be sure to slaughter them inside the liquid taint so they don't quite die the first time around sometimes. And once they're a certain size killing them splits them into two smaller ones that will get bigger because of the liquid taint causing a sort of cascade effect of slimes that will mob you in short order. It's great. Makes purifying in forests never boring.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

okay here are some pictures of my blightfall stuff

this is my main base from the air, i started in alpha dome

as you can see it is basically Yet Another Organic Growth base with stuff thrown all around
just left of center is my food area, where i spend way too much time trying to find OPTIMAL FOODS to stuff into my lunch box
to the right is my chicken imprisonment device which has been netting me feathers and eggs for basically the entire map
god i need to do the AE stuff but power is hard in blightfall :saddowns:

here's my little farm, though i should probably tear down the saguaro because the fruit is culinarily useless

here's another shot of the outside
a thing i found out after it was too late was that tainted animals can and will attack through fences to take your animals to the MURDERZONE
so i threw up some secondary fencing to keep them safe

this is dome beta, where i ended up setting up my thaumcraft related stuff

here is my infusion altar, as you can see i have a little bit of a flux problem
i should probably make some scrubbers but :effort:
this is an insufficient number of candles

oh hey chauncey what's up, still manning the alembics as usual i see
we need to have a talk, i put down some nice new void jars but you seem to want to fill empties up with essentia instead of the void jars
if you can just go ahead and use the void jars from now on that would be great
otherwise i have to toss the extra jars into the SHAME DEVICE behind you, yeah, the one with the green laser

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

Anyone know of a good source for Lucrum essentia? I kind of want to transmute up a bunch of gold, but the only source of Lucrum I know that isn't either gold or diamonds itself is those unstable taint tendril things.

Tin Ore ;)

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

Lots of cool poo poo.

That's a nice setup. I think I'll post mine after I finish redecorating and sorting out my loving inventory. I have an abundance of silverwood because every tree I've put up and knocked down has nettet 1-2 saplings. I think I have 12 of the things spread around right now and I'm going to start farming them soon. I leave the pure nodes up and make them into a kind of silverwood bushes because I like the biome and (I think) they help with thaumcraft stuff. I'm going to spend all that silverwood building a redwood sized silverwood because I am a mad man. I want that greatwood home setup I found, but I want it silver.

I really don't bother putting my thaumcraft setup elsewhere because it's honestly pretty safe, but I live on an island so I may change my tune when I delve into the void stuff and build myself an actual tainted island with the cool tainted wood and tainted stone I can make that doesn't have growths on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Mzbundifund posted:

Anyone know of a good source for Lucrum essentia? I kind of want to transmute up a bunch of gold, but the only source of Lucrum I know that isn't either gold or diamonds itself is those unstable taint tendril things.

http://www.minecraftuniversity.com/mods/thaumcraft/aspect_list/lucrum/

The only renewable source I know of is emeralds, so you would need to create an area that spawns normal mobs, then isolate and cure a zombie villager. On normal maps you use your vast stores of useless silver, but that's not so easy in Blightfall.