Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
so uhh Eminem is in Guitar Hero Live via ESRB

http://theherofeed.com/5940/esrb-reveals-eminem-and-biffy-clyro-in-guitar-hero-live/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

toymach1ne posted:

so uhh Eminem is in Guitar Hero Live via ESRB

We have reached peak music gaming. :snoop:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

This must mean that today's big reveal is TUPAC. :krad:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Van Halen's Panama on disc, more as dlc coming. Okay.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
...announce Van Morrison or White Denim again.

That was more fun.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Van Halen was the big announcement? That's extremely meh.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Do we have to get to play bass as Wolfgang this time?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Kaboobi posted:

Van Halen's Panama on disc, more as dlc coming. Okay.

Van Halen is a big deal! Sincerely, the early '90's rememberer.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Deathlove posted:

Van Halen is a big deal!.

I'm with Deathlove. I know GHVH and RB customs kind of killed the Van Halen buzz, but they're a great band for a plastic instrument game.

Now give me a Cake song on-disc with more as DLC, Hamronix.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Oh boy an Eminem song from 10 years after people stopped caring about him

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

If I compare the GH reveal 'Eminem' vs the RB reveal 'Van Halen', Harmonix is the clear winner to me here.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Eminem song is really good.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Merijn posted:

If I compare the GH reveal 'Eminem' vs the RB reveal 'Van Halen', Harmonix is the clear winner to me here.

The only loser is our ears

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
if you consider an ESRB leak a reveal

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
They could've used Sing For The Moment so we would've got Eminem and Aerosmith at the same time!

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Yay Van Halen, I just wanted another song I already have from an artist I already have 23 songs from.
Maybe next we'll get Metallica...who cares that I already have over 100 songs from them?!

Can't wait for the announcement that I can finally be excited about (surely it's coming...)

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Maybe they'll put out a survey asking what bands we would be excited about an announcement for

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

TrojanNemo posted:

Yay Van Halen, I just wanted another song I already have from an artist I already have 23 songs from.
Maybe next we'll get Metallica...who cares that I already have over 100 songs from them?!

Can't wait for the announcement that I can finally be excited about (surely it's coming...)

:ironicat:

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Midnightghoul posted:

Maybe they'll put out a survey asking what bands we would be excited about an announcement for

I think instead they should just announce, and let people be excited or not based on their preferences. It's clear that what HMX thinks is big and people should be excited for doesn't always translate into actual excitement from their customer base.
I was excited to see Elvis, even if it wasn't a song I particularly wanted. I'm more excited for the Neon Trees song they continue to refuse to announce properly even though it was leaked a couple of months ago now.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Holding the fact that people have converted all of GH:VH against Harmonix for putting them officially in their game is stupid. It's a sobering reminder how small a minority we are because I'm sure there's plenty of people who are full on stoked to scream "PA NA MA-AA!" at the top of their lungs.

That said, I care way more about Eddie Japan. EDDIE JAPAN!

Gaspar Lewis fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 17, 2015

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Holding the fact that people have converted all of GH:VH against Harmonix for putting them officially in their game is stupid.

Well, my point being that GH:VH came out in December of 2009. Any die-hard Van Halen fans would have gotten plenty of play already of those songs. So announcing Van Halen like it's a huge deal to me is kinda silly.
Yes, it's new to Rock Band .That is good. But is it a huge deal? I don't think so.

HelfMyselp
Nov 2, 2004

Dude, check it. It's a trash can. And a rollerblade.

Now shovel some cheese curls into my trash hole...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDkWRP67Es0

I would assume this is the inspiration for picking that specific VH song.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

TrojanNemo posted:

Well, my point being that GH:VH came out in December of 2009. Any die-hard Van Halen fans would have gotten plenty of play already of those songs. So announcing Van Halen like it's a huge deal to me is kinda silly.
Yes, it's new to Rock Band .That is good. But is it a huge deal? I don't think so.

I wholeheartedly disagree! I love Van Halen, but I hate most of everything that Activision has done with guitar hero, so I never bought GHVH. And I have a PS3 so I can't easily run customs.

It seems incredibly silly to me that the fact that unofficial mods did something first means it isn't exciting when it happens officially.

It's like if people complained about Roy being dlc for Smash 4 because he was already hacked back into Brawl for Project M.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
The Scorpions being on disc to me is a bigger deal historically but a huge artist like Van Halen being nailed down for an on disc song and future DLC is pretty big news.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
The only good thing about VH coming to RB is that it's more likely we'll get Sammy Hagar VH tracks unlike the guitar hero game

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

The only good thing about VH coming to RB is that it's more likely we'll get Sammy Hagar VH tracks unlike the guitar hero game

Is this what you wanted, Sammy Hagar?
Sammy Hagar, is this what you wanted man?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I didn't want any Van Halen at all, so I'm just trying to find a silver lining.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I would unironically love if there was a 3-pack of good Nerf Herder songs. Maybe 6-pack.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I know people here don't seem to like GH, but I'm excited about the GH TV thing that will have "pay per hour" play instead of buying DLC in the traditional model.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

forget Van Hagar, what we need is loving Montrose.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Skychrono posted:

I know people here don't seem to like GH, but I'm excited about the GH TV thing that will have "pay per hour" play instead of buying DLC in the traditional model.

GH's fine. May actually pick up the new one just to check it out. I only have three four plastic guitars so I'm not at max capacity yet.

I just like drums more, and since they ditched that instrument (and good riddance, they were bad at it) then I'm kinda defaulting to Rock Band.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

GH's fine. May actually pick up the new one just to check it out. I only have three four plastic guitars so I'm not at max capacity yet.

I just like drums more, and since they ditched that instrument (and good riddance, they were bad at it) then I'm kinda defaulting to Rock Band.

I loved drums, loved it. But only with a bunch of other people, and I am no longer a college student so I can't find pick up groups. Not your fault Harmonix!

(Plus I want to use my Ion Drum Kit and no one will let me anyway)

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
It's like they're designing every announcement to specifically underwhelm me. I don't want to be so cynical, but I can't help it. I can't loving stand Van Halen.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Telex posted:

I would unironically love if there was a 3-pack of good Nerf Herder songs. Maybe 6-pack.

Go on RBN then get the Hell away from me.

Allen Wren posted:

forget Van Hagar, what we need is loving Montrose.

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8T_PQoTC30

And!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDnnh8673ys

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The only 3 Van Halen songs I've ever heard of are Jump, Panama, and Hot For Teacher, and those are all pretty decent rock songs, and I would probably buy/play them

Are... are there any other Van Halen songs that matter?

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Xad posted:

I wholeheartedly disagree!

And that's quite alright. I'm very much used to the fact that my opinions are not very popular. Such is life.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Dr Zaius posted:

It's like they're designing every announcement to specifically underwhelm me. I don't want to be so cynical, but I can't help it. I can't loving stand Van Halen.

Yeah neither RB4 or GH's setlist is doing anything for me, you're not alone.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I can't think of a more perfect fit for Freestyle Solos than Van Halen.

I mean, "Eruption" is pretty much all one big freestyle solo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI7XiJgt0vY

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

Are... are there any other Van Halen songs that matter?

Runnin' With The Devil and their cover of Dancing in the Street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Van Hagar Greatest Hits Pack

Dreams
I guess Right Now?
Uh...
is Why Can't This Be Love well-liked?
What about something off OU812?
Finish What Ya Started is okay I guess...
gently caress it, throw a random Montrose song in there.