Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's in the notebook, with everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

crispix posted:

where is the list of approved topics to discuss itt? i don't want to post incorrectly :ohdear:

Don't worry Taff is just grumpy

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

crispix posted:

where is the list of approved topics to discuss itt? i don't want to post incorrectly :ohdear:

UK related topics excluding politics, sports and tv, which all have their own threads

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
I have watched Akira (alright), Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell (utter dogshit) and most films by Miyazaki (broadly very good)

I don't get anime.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like it when the big robots fight, but I'm not too fussed by any of the rest of it.

I have eaten far too many apples today and it is only half three.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Muslims are blowing up Thailand. WTF???

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bozza posted:

I have watched Akira (alright), Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell (utter dogshit) and most films by Miyazaki (broadly very good)

I don't get anime.

I used to watch it when I was a young, socially unaware nerd.

Last year everyone (weeaboos) was wittering on about Attack on Titan being the best thing everrrrrrrrrrrrr so, having not watched anime outside of Ghibli stuff in 10/15 years I decided to give it a go. There are 25 episodes, each about 24/25 minutes long so I spent a solid 13~ hours of my life watching this. During those 13+ hours there's about 20 minutes of action. The rest was typical of anime series in that gently caress all of interest happens except your stereotypical characters mope around, cry and lash out and it was poo poo.

The premise is great, giants who eat people break into walled cities and start chowing down? How can you make that bad?

Pish.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

88h88 posted:

The rest was typical of anime series in that gently caress all of interest happens except your stereotypical characters mope around, cry and lash out and it was poo poo.

they made an anime about you?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
i quite like attack on titan and i dont usually watch anime so maybe i just didnt spot all the tropes. it definitely suffers from the fact that they did a game of thrones and started the series before the manga was finished so now theres like a 3 year gap between seasons.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

they made an anime about you?

Yeah I was the huge naked giant that kicked the poo poo out of a city and then disappeared, never to be seen again.

NaDy posted:

i quite like attack on titan and i dont usually watch anime so maybe i just didnt spot all the tropes. it definitely suffers from the fact that they did a game of thrones and started the series before the manga was finished so now theres like a 3 year gap between seasons.

Like I said it'd been a looooooong time since I'd watched any and I still found it painful to watch.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bozza posted:

I don't get anime.

Anime is like saying "American TV", it can range from cult classics, to your soap operas, teen dramas, kids shows, horror and such.

95% of 'anime' is poo poo but so is most tv and movies imo

I find with some shows like Monsters, Psycho Pass and such you get some legit hard philosophical questions. Like in Psycho Pass with the Sibyl System.

A lot of films are pretty much just stolen ideas from older animes, Requiem for a Dream, Matrix and such.

I love Satoshi Kon though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE

But again I get way people are put off, weeaboos take poo poo too far and everyone has different tastes. For example I think Star Trek and Star Wars are very banal meh.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Nigel Farage posted:

Muslims are blowing up Thailand. WTF???

pretty horrible

bangkok is a complete shithole still though

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

Ratjaculation posted:

pretty horrible

bangkok is a complete shithole still though

Yeah but Dr BJ's blowjob bar owns.

I hope its still standing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's Bangkok. Plenty of angry people in Thailand. Could be foreign Muslims, could be angry local Buddhists, could be obscure angry Hindus, southern seperatists or political activists against the government.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

goatface posted:

It's Bangkok. Plenty of angry people in Thailand. Could be foreign Muslims, could be angry local Buddhists, could be obscure angry Hindus, southern seperatists or political activists against the government.

All Southern Thailand is Malay Muslim and they are fighting the Thai army.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i like when the big robots fight

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Have Cannon Fodder 1 of the 3 short movies from Memories
https://vimeo.com/72951039

Written and directed by Katsuhiro Otomo and animated by Studio 4 °C. Music by Hiroyuki Nagashima. The score of is difficult to categorize; blending brass band, orchestral and avant-garde compositional techniques.
Through unusual animation techniques the illusion is created that the film consists of one continuous shot or long take.

It's pretty much some alt history World Wars never ended thing.

http://imgur.com/gallery/qlH6B

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I've gotten the trains between Bangkok and KL a few times and the very south of thailand has bombs every couple of days but no-one cares because

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

I've gotten the trains between Bangkok and KL a few times and the very south of thailand has bombs every couple of days but no-one cares because

poor people live there and the tourists stay away.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Other than Pokemon on SMTV I haven't watched any anime ... but this youtube clip is a cracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqS7kqzEfPE

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Phoon posted:

i like when the big robots fight

same

Fluo
May 25, 2007

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do you like it more when the big robots fight in space or on the ground?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
psycho pass was really dumb and predictable

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bozza posted:

I don't get anime.

if you liked akira you should read it. the art is unreal and the film is like books 1, 2 and then bits of 3 and 6 i think. its a lot worse. sound track is really good mind

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i dont mind much but probably ground cause then they smash into things

just realised i have two tickets to see aliens this weekend and nobody is around to see it with

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

goatface posted:

yes

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

:agreed:

knights of sidonia season 1 was p good for robot fights and big guns, season 2 had a bunch of romance poo poo and a tentacle monster though

that space pirate movie on netflix wasnt bad either for space fights and explosions

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Fluo posted:

Have Cannon Fodder 1 of the 3 short movies from Memories
https://vimeo.com/72951039

Written and directed by Katsuhiro Otomo and animated by Studio 4 °C. Music by Hiroyuki Nagashima. The score of is difficult to categorize; blending brass band, orchestral and avant-garde compositional techniques.
Through unusual animation techniques the illusion is created that the film consists of one continuous shot or long take.

It's pretty much some alt history World Wars never ended thing.

http://imgur.com/gallery/qlH6B

anime is bad

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i'm the fancy curtains

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Whorelord posted:

anime is bad

same

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Whorelord posted:

anime is bad

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

lets stop talking about anime and find out how taffs wedding plans are going

and how fluos beer is going

and how fractions new job is going

and if pedricko got murdered in the pub yet

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have seen no evidence of taff's wedding plans continuing

we must conclude the worst

e: i also did an exam today that i do not know how well i did on

i must conclude the worst

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i have seen no evidence of taff's wedding plans continuing

e: i also did an exam today that i do not know how well i did on

i must conclude the worst

rip

and

rip

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I have to meet the reverend, its a lady. We're awaiting a date. Aside from this theres not much to plan right now

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I didn't know you were a religious man taff

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

goatface posted:

In the sea.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

and if pedricko got murdered in the pub yet

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

My brain didn't register much from this except the word 'Pedricko' which meant I read that as 'we must conclude the wurst'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Dysgenesis posted:

In the sea.

Yeah but that robot picked up that boat and smashed the kaiju in the face with it in the city...