Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
All of the Xbox 360 Forza games (including Horizon) will be backwards compatible on the Xbone starting in November.

MAPLE VALLEY HASN'T DIED YET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Repost from the other thread:

Oh hi. I played Forza 6 a bunch of times at Gamescom. Was absolutely gorgeous. The Rio track is insane with so much poo poo going on.

Cars seemed good, although I don't think they got the sounds quite right yet.

What edition are you all buying?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Uh Ultimate how is this even a question?!?!?!?!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm extra poor this year so I'm getting standard. I'll get the DLC a month later

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, there's really no reason not to get The Version That Costs The Most because it gives you the game a week early and gently caress waiting for things you want now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It also comes with everything cool like dlc and vip so money is never a concern.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, there's really no reason not to get The Version That Costs The Most because it gives you the game a week early and gently caress waiting for things you want now.

Whoa a week early? Really?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yep, finally a preorder "bonus" I can get behind.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Getting the Ultimate here too (thanks to that $100 Xbox credit for $85 deal, so technically spending $5 more over the Deluxe to get everything else was a no-brainer).

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Are we going to get the Old Mulsanne without the chicanes?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Are we going to get the Old Mulsanne without the chicanes?

They seem pretty good about including all the major track configurations. Just ask me from the past, the first time I went into a wall on the back straight at road america. "Huh? Since when is there a left here"?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Since it's in Forza 5, I'd be shocked if it wasn't in Forza 6.

Along with everyone's favorite Bugatti Circuit :unsmigghh:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Track listing of what has what weather variation. Pretty sparse, honestly.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I don't understand that graphic. Am Supposed to be looking at list of environments? I can't tell what the icons are supposed to signify.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sorry. Night, rain, sunset, day. They oughta be pretty self-explanatory now.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Six tracks with night and seven with rain. Kinda reminds me of GT6 actually.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Top Gear track has rain, that's cool. I wish Road Atlanta and Road America had rain too.

I find it a little bit odd that of all 9 new tracks, only one has night and one has rain. I figured since they were building these new they would build them with night and rain capabilities. I guess its a good thing that they have added night or rain to a lot of the FM5 tracks. It could help racing them in Career mode less tedious in the beginning when I'm going to be aching to race in the new environments.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I wonder what their logic was. Obviously some tracks are known for inclement weather or night racing. Maybe disk space?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Wow that's disappointing but not all that surprising. PCars manages to do it but here it looks like it's canned/scripted weather events rather than dynamic. By dynamic I don't mean changing during the race (pcars does this though). I mean there's only one track model, and the weather subsystem applies weather to it and the lighting system determines if it's dark or not. Apparently in FM6 none of this is dynamic and they've built a rain version of a track, a sunny version of a track, a sunset version of a track, and a night version of a track.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea that's how they got around the Xbox one's limited power by pre-rendering the track and weather condition. You'll recall Cubey's temper tantrum from a month or so ago regarding this. I just wonder why there aren't more combinations. Maybe in the future we'll get more.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I'm sure it takes time to develop the rain and night versions of the tracks separately, so that might've been all they were able to get around to (focusing on the priority tracks). Having just one rain track will be worth it so I can go into a 24 player hopper lobby and watch 23 clueless competitors go sliding off into the wall in turn 1.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Spa and Brands Hatch have rain, so I'm fine.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
The thing I don't get is that Project Cars is on the xbone and it can do those things. Furthermore, forza horizon 2 is on the xbone, uses the forza 5 engine, and can do those things.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Watkins Glen not having rain is poop

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GutBomb posted:

The thing I don't get is that Project Cars is on the xbone and it can do those things. Furthermore, forza horizon 2 is on the xbone, uses the forza 5 engine, and can do those things.

Pcars performs poorly on the Xbox one. 60 FPS is a rare occurrence. FH2 is a locked 30 fps. Forza 6 is a locked 60.

So yes they have dynamic weather and lighting but at a significant cost. I personally think FH2's solution is much better. Pcars can chug on the ps4 too. Fps drops and tearing occur regularly in even day conditions. I've only played pcars at a locked 60 with weather on my high end pc.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
30fps is fine in Horizon, because it's not a sim.

60fps in Motorsport is critical and it's the reason Forza is easily the best racing game on any console, because it maintains a 100% locked 60fps at all times, so your physics calculations (the portion where the tires meet the ground) is exactly consistent 100% of the time and is never affected by dipping shitshow frame drops due to overextending the engine to get in EVERY feature instead of just THE ONES THAT WORK.

I'm fine with Turn 10 ditching any feature that hurts the 60fps lock. Which is why there's no weather or time of day changes dynamically.

60fps uber alles.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Leather Bear posted:

All of the Xbox 360 Forza games (including Horizon) will be backwards compatible on the Xbone starting in November.

wow i wish this was now.. im almost looking forward to this more than six

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ether Frenzy posted:

60fps in Motorsport is critical and it's the reason Forza is easily the best racing game on any console, because it maintains a 100% locked 60fps at all times, so your physics calculations (the portion where the tires meet the ground) is exactly consistent 100% of the time and is never affected by dipping shitshow frame drops due to overextending the engine to get in EVERY feature instead of just THE ONES THAT WORK.

I'm fine with Turn 10 ditching any feature that hurts the 60fps lock. Which is why there's no weather or time of day changes dynamically.

60fps uber alles.

yea, I can't be mad at Turn 10's absolute demand on a 60 fps lock. An absolute rock steady frame rate at either 30 fps or 60 fps is very nice. I'd even go as far to say that something like Driveclub or FH2 plays better than PCARS because the former two are locked at 30 whereas PCARS likes to hover anywhere from 45-60.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

60fps uber alles.

We'll probably have to wait until the next Xbox to get all of the features we really want in Forza then.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I said come in! posted:

We'll probably have to wait until the next Xbox to get all of the features we really want in Forza then.

I dream of a day when Forza Motorsport comes to PC but for that to happen Microsoft would have to declare their precious Xbox dead and that will never happen.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Turn 10 is introducing a mods system to offline races. Similar to how skulls work in Halo, these mods have various gameplay effects. Sounds neat.
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_mods

edit: r/forza believes this to be the downfall of the series. It's very funny how mad they are.

bloops fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 18, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Leather Bear posted:

Turn 10 is introducing a mods system to offline races. Similar to how skulls work in Halo, these mods have various gameplay effects. Sounds neat.
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_mods

ah yes very glad to see FH2 slot machines are in F6. slots baby

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Mods sound fun. People just hate fun I guess. Besides, it's only for single-player, and you don't have to use them.

Though, hopefully T10 realizes that some of those Mods could provide an unfair advantage for leaderboard times, too, and never lets you have a clean lap if one is engaged.

Edit: Oops, just needed to read farther down. "Career lap times that feature Mods will be classified as “dirty” when appearing on that event’s Rivals leaderboard." Well that's good.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
r/forza sound like tremendous retards. Really look forward to this! 22 more days!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mods are an awesome idea that change up the game a bit.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Leather Bear posted:

Hey I might finally put some time into that copy of Horizon 1 I paid full price for three years ago!

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I was hoping to hold out until Black Friday for an xbone but this is shaping up to make that a difficult decision. I liked some of the FM5 that I've played on my brother's system, but it felt like a launch title. I'm hoping this has the scope and size of FM4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Hey I might finally put some time into that copy of Horizon 1 I paid full price for three years ago!

Do it, won't take you long to get through the career. It's a well paced game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

metallicaeg posted:

I was hoping to hold out until Black Friday for an xbone but this is shaping up to make that a difficult decision. I liked some of the FM5 that I've played on my brother's system, but it felt like a launch title. I'm hoping this has the scope and size of FM4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-DpRcxK_N8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'm going to play Devils Avocado here, I'm not sure if I like mods for multiplayer races, if they provide a specific advantage over another player that isn't done by like, tuning, wouldn't that be really frustrating?

E: Ninja edit, oh they aren't in MP, I think, ignore me!

• Locked thread