Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Was that David Flair titantron with Ric looking disappointed his actual genuine titantron or did someone just make it as a joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Do you have any idea how easily you could have simply searched "david flair titantron" and found out for yourself

The short answer is "yes", but there's a caveat in that hte version you've probably seen is fan-edited, extended, and has extra footage of David and Ric

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Undertaker's chair-into-throat slam was awesome and I wish someone would use it.

I thought Vince really wanted the DeadMan Taker back so that was a major reason for it returning.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

DynamiteKidd posted:

Do you have any idea how easily you could have simply searched "david flair titantron" and found out for yourself

The short answer is "yes", but there's a caveat in that hte version you've probably seen is fan-edited, extended, and has extra footage of David and Ric

Actually bc of all the fan versions you cite here it's not so easy to know it's legit from a Google search as you demonstrated yourself

But yes the David Flair titantron that is just his name, him standing around, and Ric Flair looking underwhelmed is the legit one used in his one WWE match

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
I'm guessing someone must have made it as a rib on David. I would call it the worst titantron and theme ever, but given it's David Flair it's actually kind of perfect

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would've been ok with Ghost Rider Taker.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oldpainless posted:

I thought Vince really wanted the DeadMan Taker back so that was a major reason for it returning.

I just figured it was because they did as much as they could with BikerTaker. He had a face run, a heel run, won the Undisputed title. After 3 years it was time to freshen his character up.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Undertaker's chair-into-throat slam was awesome and I wish someone would use it.

This was good but everything else about BIG EVIL was insufferable

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Biker Taker is kind of the Willow of WWE. Guy jerking off with a lame gimmick that only appeals to them and nobody else cares about or wants to see.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Willow was a better gimmick than Bikertaker but Bikertaker still should have come back for the Bray match

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I thought you guys were talking about Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I was trying real hard to make that connection make sense

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I thought you guys were talking about Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I was trying real hard to make that connection make sense

Same, but Warwick Davis

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked face Bikertaker with the flags and the Conscience of the WWE and all. The guy who had chain matches with Brock to protect Sable's honor. That guy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I had to look up what Willow was, but I had seen that promotional photo of Jeff Hardy in a "Tim Burton on a high school musical budget" mask carrying a parasol.

The funniest thing was that robe with the skulls on it. I couldn't believe how low-budget it was.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Spermgod posted:

Biker Taker is kind of the Willow of WWE. Guy jerking off with a lame gimmick that only appeals to them and nobody else cares about or wants to see.

*Alain Post desperately tries to avoid making another post about Stardust

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

willow was better than stardust too

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

epitasis posted:

willow was better than stardust too

Willow is better than all gimmicks and all wrestlers should be Willow.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I know that people brought up the whole "harleys, Death Valley, big dog, my yard" thing about Undertaker, but I feel we're ignoring the elephant in the room:

Soupbones

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Halloween Jack posted:

I had to look up what Willow was, but I had seen that promotional photo of Jeff Hardy in a "Tim Burton on a high school musical budget" mask carrying a parasol.

The funniest thing was that robe with the skulls on it. I couldn't believe how low-budget it was.

TNA sold those parasols in their store. For sixty dollars.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

I know that people brought up the whole "harleys, Death Valley, big dog, my yard" thing about Undertaker, but I feel we're ignoring the elephant in the room:

Soupbones

If you don't like Soupbones then boy howdy do we have differing opinions.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I laughed until I coughed. If you told me they were selling the robes, I'd probably be dead now. (Seriously, it looks like something a teenage girl would make for a Vampire LARP, using her mom's sewing machine and readymade patterned fabric from Wal-Mart.)

What does a parasol have to do with being a living nWo-themed tree?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Halloween Jack posted:

I laughed until I coughed. If you told me they were selling the robes, I'd probably be dead now. (Seriously, it looks like something a teenage girl would make for a Vampire LARP, using her mom's sewing machine and readymade patterned fabric from Wal-Mart.)

I hate to speculate, but I believe Jeff Hardy's brain may be destroyed by years of concussions and hard drug abuse

and it's not like the guy was a genius before that

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Halloween Jack posted:

It helped making him seem as fay as possible (which I think was the point? At the very least I'm sure it's a point).

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Teenage girls were always Jeff's bread-and-butter demographic (except for mid 2010 into 2011 when he was a heel and in the worsg shape of his life and his drug problem had really gotten out of hand)

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Willow/Jeff are also notable for being one of the few popular TNA guys to not have a horrible ripoff theme for his entire run.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hate to speculate, but I believe Jeff Hardy's brain may be destroyed by years of concussions and hard drug abuse

and it's not like the guy was a genius before that

Willow was a champion in Battlarts back in 1998 when he was a jobber in WWF.

For those wondering, Battlarts is a shoot-fighting style wrestling promotion.

With champion Willow The Wisp.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't Jeff do the Willow gimmick when he was a teenage backyarder?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Battlarts was more of a hybrid of shoot style with everything else tbh. Idk if he was a champion, I thought he was just a job guy, although it's still weird as hell to imagine him being there at all.

edit: actually I don't think Battlarts had titles at all

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 17, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Benne posted:

Yeah, he's been making silly costumes for as long as he's been wrestling.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Spermgod posted:

Battlarts was more of a hybrid of shoot style with everything else tbh. Idk if he was a champion, I thought he was just a job guy, although it's still weird as hell to imagine him being there at all.

edit: actually I don't think Battlarts had titles at all

Thought you said Battletart, and I'll be honest, I'd enjoy seeing a Battletart character.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Benne posted:

Iirc he also did it in ROH at one point.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yep and he got booed out of the building

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Junpei Hyde posted:

And WWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IwHyV-lwg

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

I think you'll find that's Wildo Jinx

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Buncha shameful motherfuckers in this thread spelling Whillow the Whisp wrong.

No, really.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Willow/Jeff are also notable for being one of the few popular TNA guys to not have a horrible ripoff theme for his entire run.

instead, his themes were all much worse

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
An actual question: did Jeff sing all of his TNA theme songs himself?

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

ayn rand hand job posted:

At some point a rockets going to fall to earth so this checks out

Actually, he was a raccoon who didn't have that long of a lifespan, anyway.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

projecthalaxy posted:

If you don't like Soupbones then boy howdy do we have differing opinions.

Great, now I'm wondering what a broth made from the Undertaker's arms would taste like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Great, now I'm wondering what a broth made from the Undertaker's arms would taste like.

Ink, probably.