Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
counterpoint, how obviously town i am and have been all game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like anyone who has seen my scum game should know this isn't it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I'm going to do something to Kumba tonight.

It’s mighty funny, the end of time has just begun
Oh, honey, after all these years you’re still the one
While I’m strolling through the lonely graveyard of my mind
I left my life with you somewhere back there along the line
I thought somehow that I would be spared this fate
But I don’t know how much longer I can wait

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Like anyone who has seen my scum game should know this isn't it

I fell for this once before, but not this time.

Self-meta will not sway me.

Also don't worry Kumba you probably won't die.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
But tonight
No I can't die tonight
Maybe I'll live forever
I just can't die tonight

Tonight
No I can't die tonight
So high I'll live forever
No I can't die tonight

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I fell for this once before, but not this time.

Self-meta will not sway me.

Also don't worry Kumba you probably won't die.

what

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
What about my play this game has been scummy asiina surely you can answer that much

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
##vote Chic Trombone

I think CL is the better lynch, but I don't see us shifting votes this close to deadline, not after that no lynch.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
You said you'd be here at a quarter to five
I didn't know if you were dead or alive
How long you think that I can sharpen my knife
I've got better things to do with my life

It's almost the deadline
Don't miss the deadline, darling
When all your bad dreams will come true

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote chaos

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote chic

oh there really isnt time and I still have to walk home from work being around for deadline will not be easy for me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mithross posted:

What made you choose Chic over Chaoslord? Chic has less content, but what Chaos has feels a little scummier.

Chaos was willing to vote taste based on our event failing, which when combined with never giving a single reason for any other vote he's cast, makes me wonder if he knew there was a sabotage mechanic, instead of guessing.

They both jumped in and grabbed one of TT's items, and stuck around and joined the event, but haven't actually joined any discussion.

Honestly, I'd vote either, they've both been scummy, and each has basically one opinion, opposing ones, on Taste. So I'd like to hear what made you decide.

Spite. They're equal in my mind, by Chic also took that soup Taste dropped so that puts her ahead in my books

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think my case on Jake is solid and I am surprised that most people aren't voting him and the majority of the thread isn't even commenting on my case.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

Chaos was willing to vote taste based on our event failing, which when combined with never giving a single reason for any other vote he's cast, makes me wonder if he knew there was a sabotage mechanic, instead of guessing.

This is 100% a lie. I voted Taste because he said "My PM doesn't mention events." Mine does. Yours does. Then when D2 began the two flips proceeding his did, too. It was easy to tell he was lying. KB picked up on it as well. That he was on the challenge itself ends up being relevant only because he probably wouldn't have brought it up had he not been on the challenge. A town person wouldn't lie about something that is so easily verifiable.

My other votes were two votes near deadline to try to avoid a no lynch, which I told taste when he asked about the next day, and then voting the guy who scum claimed. Hell, you even quoted me here about it:

Mithross posted:

That's a good point, and something I should do.

##vote WWM

I don't have that many posts so it's not like that is hard to find.

I also think it's pretty silly to use "maybe he knew there was a sabotage mechanic!" I think anyone arguing there wasn't a sabotage mechanic are likely to be Bad Guys. If you don't look at your own role PM and see "You get a bonus to events!" and then have an event fail think "Maybe scum have minus to events!" then.... I just don't even know what to say.

##vote Chic

Back to on-call fires :cripes:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

chaoslord posted:

This is 100% a lie. I voted Taste because he said "My PM doesn't mention events." Mine does. Yours does. Then when D2 began the two flips proceeding his did, too. It was easy to tell he was lying. KB picked up on it as well. That he was on the challenge itself ends up being relevant only because he probably wouldn't have brought it up had he not been on the challenge. A town person wouldn't lie about something that is so easily verifiable.

I specifically said any other vote, because you had a reason for your Taste vote. Or did you mean the part you didn't bold was a lie?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Oops, :redhammer:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

I think my case on Jake is solid and I am surprised that most people aren't voting him and the majority of the thread isn't even commenting on my case.

Nothing about your case is solid if you are town reevaluate how you play this game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
After the reptite disaster the party was ruined and the partygoers all gathered around pointing fingers and yelling at each other.

Eventually they all blamed Chic Trombone and gathered around her shouting and shaking their fists.

"No!" she cried "I am actually Princess Nadia!"

But it was too late for they had already strung her up.

Chic Trombone - Marle - Town Aligned was lynched on day 2!

You are Marle Town aligned

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Aura - You may choose one person each night to protect from kills, you may choose yourself, but not the same target twice in a row.
If you choose, once per game, you may opt to lose your ability for the rest of the game to protect ALL remaining members of Town from death for that night.

You may join events and get a bonus to succeed in events that take place in 1000 AD

Looks like they chose poorly.

It is now night 2.

Get dem actions in.

QUIDNOSE CLEAR YOUR drat PMS. ;)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Upon waking the party finds that it has now been teleported to "Another World" dimension!
There is a feast going on in rememberance of General Viper

Magnus Gallant - General Viper - Town aligned - was found with his eardrums blown out and blood leaking from his ears on N2!

You are General Viper Town Aligned

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

You are a Cop/Doc Each night you may investigate someone and will return a town/not town result.
Additionally you protect whoever you investigate from kills during the night.

You may join events and get a bonus on any events based in ""another world" Dimension.

It is now day 3!

Deadlines are getting cranked up now as the fabric of reality is bending!

:siren: Event is TONIGHT at 7:30 PM :siren:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (7): Asiina, chaoslord, JakeP, King Burgundy, Mithross, Opopanax, Quidnose

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 19th, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I received the lurker vig and shot Magnus.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

I received the lurker vig and shot Magnus.

It's true
I mean it
From the bottom of my heart
Yeah, it's true
Without you I would fall apart

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well that was stupid. ##vote chaoslord

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Are you saying you're happy I murdered the cop, Kumba

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Well that was stupid. ##vote chaoslord

It was a tossup between him and Mithross and I went with Magnus because of the post he made on Taste and the fact that he was far more disengaged than Mithross. Reviewing his post history it doesn't look like he got any cop results.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Although maybe he investigated Taste and that's why my vig didn't work on him N1. Doesn't really matter at this point.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

How you like me now, I go blaow
It's that poo poo that moves crowds making every ghetto foul
I might have took your first child
Scarred your life, crippled your style
I gave you power, I made you buckwild

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

why even post something like this, what will it accomplish

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Do you have any opinions, Jake, you seem to completely lack them other than your conviction that I am scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Do you have any opinions, Jake, you seem to completely lack them other than your conviction that I am scum

are you kidding me? are you reading my posts? It is you are the one who is tunneled on me, I am calling people out left and right go gently caress yourself

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

are you kidding me? are you reading my posts? It is you are the one who is tunneled on me, I am calling people out left and right go gently caress yourself

This isn't really true. You spend basically and entire page of your post history calling me scum. You call out KB and say you are suspicious of him, ask about Magnus and never follow that thread, say you don't think Chic is scum and would rather vote CL, which you do, then switch immediately over to Chic.

This is not the slam dunk "you are missing all my casework!!!" that you are making it out to be.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why did you vote Chaos over KB yesterday when you spend several posts discussing why you think KB is acting scummy?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

This isn't really true. You spend basically and entire page of your post history calling me scum. You call out KB and say you are suspicious of him, ask about Magnus and never follow that thread, say you don't think Chic is scum and would rather vote CL, which you do, then switch immediately over to Chic.

This is not the slam dunk "you are missing all my casework!!!" that you are making it out to be.

what the gently caress are you talking about? You said I am only talking about you, and then right here you go over 3 other people I talked about within the last 12 hours. What have you done besides harp on your terrible case on me? Make stupid snippy comments like "Duuurrr did u just say u r happy the cop died"

Thats the scummiest poo poo ever, you are posting just to post. What do you think that post accomplishes? Kumba gonna be like yes I am scum and I am happy the cop is dead and there is nothing you can do about it mUAHAHAHAHA. You aren't even trying and no one in this game gives a poo poo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

I specifically said any other vote, because you had a reason for your Taste vote. Or did you mean the part you didn't bold was a lie?

I meant I think your point about my reasoning for voting taste is only technically correct and does little about my true reasoning the vote, which is why I talked about it. The rest of the post, which you cut out of your quote, shows the part I bolded is a lie.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Why did you vote Chaos over KB yesterday when you spend several posts discussing why you think KB is acting scummy?

because town players generally develop new opinions throughout the game, whereas you do not

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##present sword to kumba

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Kumbamontu may not be presented with a sword, please choose again.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I am not confident enough in any other player in this game being town so I will hold my blade

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
actually you know what ##present sword to king burgandy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
King Burgundy, you are presented with a steel sword flashing with lightning and booming with thunder.

do you ##accept it or ##deny it?

• Locked thread