Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I admit it, I'm sub-scrub-tier at Blitz. I have never won the mandatory tournament game, or any other season or leagues.

Imp Zone, how do I win at blitzball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
was that the soccer game in a waterball game

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
well i never played ffx so i cant help

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there is a glitch where if you stand in your own net once yu have possession of the ball the AI stops functioning, so you have to get the score one higher and then wait in your own net until time expires.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HURRRR DURR RR. UH UH UHUH H HUHUHU MUUUUHHHHHHHH PFFTLFTLFTLFLTBLBLBLBLOOOO

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

there is a glitch where if you stand in your own net once yu have possession of the ball the AI stops functioning, so you have to get the score one higher and then wait in your own net until time expires.

More like Shitzball. What were they THINKING?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

this was less funny when i found out this was an accurate translation

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

elf help book posted:

this was less funny when i found out this was an accurate translation

Are you fcking kidding me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

John Quixote posted:

Are you fcking kidding me.

nope, but in the hd version they fixed it in japanese and left it like that in english, so it becomes funny again

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

In Training posted:

I've heard this a lot but it's never worked for me. I've heard in the net and behind it but neither seemed to work.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Recruit good players, OP. the guys you start with mostly have extremely low stats that will not get better with time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
get the jecht shot

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I totally did get it, and I got Tidus enough blitz xp to equip it in the second half, but I still lose, usually in overtime 2-1.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you're out of your league

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The tournament fight is supposed to be the equivalent of an unwinnable boss fight. Untrained teammates, strong opponents, your only advantage is the Jecht Shot if you have it. It can be done with enough practice and seeing them with the trophy in the post-tournament cutscene is worth all the attempts.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Unguided posted:

The tournament fight is supposed to be the equivalent of an unwinnable boss fight. Untrained teammates, strong opponents, your only advantage is the Jecht Shot if you have it. It can be done with enough practice and seeing them with the trophy in the post-tournament cutscene is worth all the attempts.

its not that hard

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well, ok, u do need the jecht shot though. iots a lot harder without it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent like 4 hours one night doing blitzball league stuff , scoring one goal and idling in net for minutes at a time, winning a season and resetting my data until I got the prize I wanted, going out and recruiting everyone again etc. so I could get wakka's ultimate weapon in as few matches as possible. FFX is a cool game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I spent like 4 hours one night doing blitzball league stuff , scoring one goal and idling in net for minutes at a time, winning a season and resetting my data until I got the prize I wanted, going out and recruiting everyone again etc. so I could get wakka's ultimate weapon in as few matches as possible. FFX is a cool game

i made a friend play it for me

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
nick the psyches goalie and suddenly they become a lot easier to beat cause he's the best goalie in the entire game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i made a friend play it for me

it was all worth it when I fought the final boss and one shot it with wakka's attack reels, doing 9999 10x in one move, ending the fight before the music track fully loaded.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

i wish the vita version didnt have watermarking, it's weird

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

i wish the vita version didnt have watermarking, it's weird

its really annoying, the senran kagura vita games put a giant logo in the corner and it blocks text ive tried to screenshot

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

More like Shitzball. What were they THINKING?

Probably the same line of thought that said hitting X button in a split second in response to a randomly timed flash of light two hundred times in consecutive order without saving, resting or taking a break is a fun way to do side quests.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Gordito posted:

Probably the same line of thought that said hitting X button in a split second in response to a randomly timed flash of light two hundred times in consecutive order without saving, resting or taking a break is a fun way to do side quests.

it was

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

looks like somebody got owned by the 'ball

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
blitzball was relaly fun and i got the wakka thing from it and had the best team possible

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i liked blitzball last time i actually played it but at the same time i was playing mmx7 and liked that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wakka's ultimate is the only one I never bothered getting because there was way too much tedious crap to go through.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i wish blitzball was less math, more action. for what its worth op, the story game is supposed to be the hardest, from what I remember so it only goes uphill from there

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i never played blitzball except for when they made you do it because its boring tedious bull crap.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wakka's ultimate is the only one I never bothered getting because there was way too much tedious crap to go through.

There's no way it's worse than dodging 200 lightning bolts or the chocobo riding or the butterfly catching game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i thought lightning bolts was easy

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Crimson Harvest posted:

I totally did get it, and I got Tidus enough blitz xp to equip it in the second half, but I still lose, usually in overtime 2-1.

same. i just gave up after awhile but kept a save there in case i feel like trying again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Awesome! posted:

same. i just gave up after awhile but kept a save there in case i feel like trying again

i',m glad you got your av back

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

elf help book posted:

its really annoying, the senran kagura vita games put a giant logo in the corner and it blocks text ive tried to screenshot

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

how to win at blitzball: get wedge

• Locked thread