Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TMMadman posted:

Hey, I'm old and 90210 was prime TV for much of my late teens/early 20s. :colbert:

Honestly, I'm mostly just romanticizing the first 2-3 years of the show which is when I really watched at the end of high school and for a year or so beyond.

That would make you about the same age as me. Let us wallow in our old age together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That would make you about the same age as me. Let us wallow in our old age together.

Only if we can complain that the youngens these days don't know how good they have it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TMMadman posted:

Only if we can complain that the youngens these days don't know how good they have it.

My favourite activity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-7MmhqNfA

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Confirming! :D

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Confirming.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:siren: EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE ROLE PMS EXCEPT LJTRIGIRL WHO DOESN'T HAVE PMS AND DIDN'T INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS :siren:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I have a role PM!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

:siren: EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE ROLE PMS EXCEPT LJTRIGIRL WHO DOESN'T HAVE PMS AND DIDN'T INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS :siren:

Sounds like SOMEBODY whose name rhymes with BUMPEN forgot to tell someone about something!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone (except ljtrigirl) should have their role PMs; check your inboxes. Thank you for being patient with me!

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

LITERALLY MAD IRL - Pierre Huître - Fisher (town-aligned vanilla)
Life in this town is fairly predictable - the sun rises, and the sun sets. The tides go in and out and back again, and carry with them fish and oysters and clams and crabs and lobsters and squid and eels and octopi and seaweed and mussels and sometimes even sharks. The catches are always good, and the dinner is always some variation of fish stew, and everyone sleeps at night in peace, ready for another day that's just like every other day. You quite like the routine, though you sometimes wonder what the rest of the world must be like. So when your friend Pierre discovered a massive pearl, you knew he would finally have enough money to leave this place and never look back, and you wished him the best even if you were touched by jealousy. Unfortunately, Pierre would never leave the island in one piece - this morning he was murdered in his sleep. Now you need to use every resource at your disposal to bring the murderers to justice.
You are a townie! You seek to stop the violence and murder in the village over the pearl, and as such, win when all scum players are eliminated. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You have no additional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: LITERALLY MAD IRL, Pierre Huître, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

EccoRaven posted:

How do I privately send you my email address without PMs?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

ljtrigirl posted:

You don't?

I guess you could email me at username@gmail, but if you're scum/mason/etc. you're going to need to be able to communicate OOT with players, and submit me actions if you have a role.

Just make a dummy email if you're that concerned with privacy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Confirmed.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

I'd ask first, but I'd bet Ecco would just have you post it in the thread and then allow you to edit it.

Either that or just sign up for gmail with some dumb account. I've got like 5 stupid gmail names.

Also, I'm confirming I finally got a role PM.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ljtrigirl posted:

Put it in spoiler tags. Apparently outsiders can't see it? I dunno what the deal is with that.

also

PIERRE NO

HE WAS MY FRIEND

HE FOLLOWED THE FISHING MAXIMUM REGULATIONS TO THE LETTER

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

EccoRaven posted:

You don't?

I guess you could email me at username@gmail, but if you're scum/mason/etc. you're going to need to be able to communicate OOT with players, and submit me actions if you have a role.

Just make a dummy email if you're that concerned with privacy.

I guess I didn't realize how stuff worked on this site.

My email address is REDACTED.

I'll probably edit and remove it from this post once I get an email from you. I'm fine with people using it for the game, but I don't like it being posted on the internet forever.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

ljtrigirl posted:

My email address is butt@poops.farts.

I'll probably edit and remove it from this post once I get an email from you. I'm fine with people using it for the game, but I don't like it being posted on the internet forever.

I got it you can dumbify it!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Thanks! :)

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Confirmed! :D

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Confirmed. If anybody has any spare bread crusts, well..you know where to find me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

My email address is REDACTED.

Merry Christmas!

Check your email and enjoy a free upgrade.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Confirmed. If anybody has any spare bread crusts, well..you know where to find me.

I....... don't......

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The town awoke to find Pierre had been killed during the night! He was a young man with big dreams, dreams of some day owning a whole crew of divers and fishermen to match his enthusiasm for the sea. With no family to speak of, under Mereaux law, whoever held the Pearl first would be its new owner. But... who would it be?

:s: LITERALLY MAD IRL, Pierre Huître, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1!

:h: With 21 alive it takes 11 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Friday, August 21st, ~11PM EDT. That's in about like four days or something, idk. I can extend it though to Sunday if it looks like you all need it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The slums?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Merry Christmas!

Check your email and enjoy a free upgrade.

Thank you! You're awesome! :D

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Wheeeeeeeee.

How do I vote?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

Wheeeeeeeee.

How do I vote?

##vote person

but bold it. You can click the bbcode button for text syntax

and in this game you have to

##unvote

but bolded before voting for someone else.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Thank you! You're awesome! :D

A pleasant buzz and a free :10bux: leads to my good deed for the day.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:siren: DAY 1 CHALLENGE :siren:

Sitting in the center of the town is Pierre's pearl. It is even more lustrous in the sunlight, and slight imperfections in the nacre make it even more beautiful. It is worth a kingly sum, a fortune bigger than anyone in the town could imagine. And yet, it brought Pierre to his death. Could it be that the pearl itself is... cursed? You do not know. But, do you want to take the chance?

Type ##grab Pearl to grab pearl. First to grab pearl has pearl. Good to have pearl, but also bad?

:iiam:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

##vote Lumpen

Hi! :dance:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##grab pearl

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

##grab pearl

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Classism. ##vote fv

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SirSamVimes posted:

##grab pearl

SirSamVimes have pearl!!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

##grab pearl

:argh:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I love your guys' smilies, btw.

I think this is my favorite?

:bahgawd:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

##grab pearl

Now that you're financially stable, might you spare a crust of bread?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I apparently signed up for this game and ecco gave me my typical vanilla town role pm so I guess I am ready to find the scum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Look, it belongs to the town. I'm just holding it for safekeeping.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jeez that happened fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Look, it belongs to the town. I'm just holding it for safekeeping.

empty promises from a paper tyrant!!

• Locked thread