Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Based on WWMs flip it seems safe to assume that both fate players are dead, taste was the arbiter and WWM controled his night action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shoot chaos, this shouldn't even be a question

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

yeah thats a good point, the guy is claimed non-town at this point

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Chaos is still my top scum pick, slay him up!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Oh, also ##vote Chaoslord

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

In mafia there is a informed minority against an uninformed majority, if there is not a scum team than there is no informed minority and we are playing a game that is not mafia, since this games thread title clearly says [Mafia] it is a safe assumption to make that there is a informed minority aka a scum team
HTH

Don't be obtuse. I'm saying the fate team is the scum team.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, this is definitely the best course of action.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

You are self aligned and win when the only two players left standing are you and FATE.
If Fate is ever killed you will become a standard SK and may choose your own kills , you also will get 2 shots of bulletproof if this occurs.

Asiina we already know that is not the case and that there were only 2 FATE players

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Loathe as I am to admit it I think JakeP is right, although Taste's PM makes reference to a Fate "team" both he and WWM's flips make it very clear that they are a two person team.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Thinking out loud.

Mithross' bullshit game had two scum teams. We've seen one set of people flip here as a two person team. Let's assume for a minute that there are two scumteams, even though there was no NK last night.

Which means that we currently have:

8 total people left
-1 Kumba not in Votefinder

That's a total of 7 people who can make the cuddle happen.

4 town vs. 3 non-town (Chaos 3p + 2 unknown scum) would be plausible today and put us at LYLO.

It's also possible Chaos is our only non-town entity left since there was no NK other than my shot last night, unless Jake for some reason was the NK target and Asiina protected him. Or something else went on behind the scenes; I suppose it's possible that Mags protected/copped someone who was the NK target.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I was roleblocked last night, I'm Norstein Bekkler. That is why the house of horrors is closed today. I'm outside of time and space, which is why I get a small bonus to all events.

I have one other power, which I'm not sharing.

We're close to lylo, I don't see any harm in claiming, at least that much.

Was anyone else roleblocked at any time during the game?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

In Avalon/Resistance I have a tendency to throw the first game as scum, simply because of the target it paints on you

Coming back to this, Opop is one of the first people to float the "you bring down the chances of an event succeeding" idea in thread, which we now know the FATE team had. I've been operating under the assumption that Opop was town since he killed TT but if there are two scum teams this could be a scumslip.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Probably. I got a bonus to the event (although not the same bonus a 1000ad person would have given), so either Gato is buff or we were sabotaged.

Mithross actually floats this idea earlier than Opop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Coming back to this, Opop is one of the first people to float the "you bring down the chances of an event succeeding" idea in thread, which we now know the FATE team had. I've been operating under the assumption that Opop was town since he killed TT but if there are two scum teams this could be a scumslip.

The post you quoted was in response to you yourself asking why scum would tank a mission

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I gave you a short, dickish answer yesterday, I just got to this point in the thread. To be a little more clear, my role depends entirely on the actions of others to let me use abilities. As of yet, I haven't gotten to do anything with it. Part of that is us failing both challenges. (Sorry Opop, I wasn't sure you were around, and hoped my lesser bonus would be enough to let us win)

That doesn't have anything to do with me not playing, but it's why I haven't been as excited about my role.

Mithross, can you explain why you know you were roleblocked if your night ability is very dependent on winning challenges?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I was roleblocked last night, I'm Norstein Bekkler. That is why the house of horrors is closed today. I'm outside of time and space, which is why I get a small bonus to all events.

I have one other power, which I'm not sharing.

We're close to lylo, I don't see any harm in claiming, at least that much.

Yeah, this is a contradiction of what you said in the post I just quoted. What gives?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

The post you quoted was in response to you yourself asking why scum would tank a mission

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of where and when the information about tanking poo poo and all of that and it's making my brain hurt. Probably is a dead end and the only useful information was TT scumslipping.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Dude already role claimed, stop trying so hard

Maybe if you find yet another unconvincing angle you can get your lynch

This is the last thing I will say about JakeP: I don't think taste and Jake are on the same team at all but taste did a whole bunch of character assassination in response to my casework on him and if you compare the tone of taste and Jake they are pretty identical. This is why I am so insistent that Jake is scum: he's not basing his case on me on the poo poo I've done beyond finding every single thing he can nitpick about me and using it to say I'm bad at mafia. It's really lovely casework.

Anyway I know this opinion is unpopular so I will drop it for today but I just want people to keep it in their minds moving forward.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Mithross, can you explain why you know you were roleblocked if your night ability is very dependent on winning challenges?

Probably because I got 20 sp from jakes sword, and someone put 2 and 2 together

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

There is no chance we won't vote Chaos out today if I don't shoot him. So he's not a hard target. The other three I potentially think are scum, like you, are harder sells. For example, if I decide I want to vote you today, I'm not sure I'll get the support. So I could shoot you instead.

But I'll think about it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Probably because I got 20 sp from jakes sword, and someone put 2 and 2 together

Wasn't the shop closed yesterday?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

The merchant is gone early very mysterious, Norstein Bekkler's tent of horrors is still up though!

Yeah, I am pretty sure the merchant never came back, Mithross.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Mithross that is straight up a lie, caught yoooou

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
As the solemn ceremony continues there is an explosion!

Porre is attacking the manor!

We need defenders!

as per usual ##join

Todays even takes place in "Another world" dimension

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##join

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If we fail this, I'm shooting one of the people that joined it with me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##join

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm never going to have a day event set in my dimension :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I'm never going to have a day event set in my dimension :(

Me either. The game is going to end before we get there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Are you in Home World dimension too? That's where I am and apparently it's for losers who don't get day events.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##join

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Are you in Home World dimension too? That's where I am and apparently it's for losers who don't get day events.

2300AD

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of where and when the information about tanking poo poo and all of that and it's making my brain hurt. Probably is a dead end and the only useful information was TT scumslipping.

You could do what I did and read in context. How did you even get that quote if you weren't looking at the thread?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quid is an Actual Scum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

You could do what I did and read in context. How did you even get that quote if you weren't looking at the thread?

By reading the thread and then not understanding what you were saying.

I'm really tired of people telling me I can't play mafia and will rage quit if it continues. It's one thing to call my actions scummy and disingenuous but to insinuate that I am an idiot who can't read and is poo poo at this game is incredibly grating and making it unfun when I am putting forth effort. I don't want to play in that game, please stop.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Quid is an Actual Scum

So when I caught Mithross in a lie about buying an item yesterday, you think I made that up? Or what?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

By reading the thread and then not understanding what you were saying.

I'm really tired of people telling me I can't play mafia and will rage quit if it continues. It's one thing to call my actions scummy and disingenuous but to insinuate that I am an idiot who can't read and is poo poo at this game is incredibly grating and making it unfun when I am putting forth effort. I don't want to play in that game, please stop.

Sorry, I wasn't calling you stupid, I was implying it was scummy that you were trying to post quotes of me out of context to make me look bad

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It was in context, I just didn't get what you were saying at the time. It seemed out of nowhere.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I guess I didn't actually read my post because I know my content is town :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidnose posted:

So when I caught Mithross in a lie about buying an item yesterday, you think I made that up? Or what?

I saw you said he was lying but I have paid 0 attention to the shops so I have no idea what yall are saying. Reading Mithross' post I don't see him saying he bought an item but maybe it's goin over my head. Break it down for me

• Locked thread