Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

loving Mendoza...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
plz... he had a family

edit: Hmm, kinda miss bagelsport but i respect the lester shame

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hmm, kinda miss bagelsport but i respect the lester shame

No need to be humble doctor; with ur credentials i can confidently say that you've earned it :classiclol:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Please stop arguing and have a moment of silence for Mendoza -- he's just been hit.

Everytime I hear that I laugh. It happens on soooo many missions.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I hear Mendoza the most from Merryweather guys. I know they like to appear like some giant shadowy paramilitary group but they're really just a mom & pop family security business.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Being a rogue cop is hard work, but at least we're not named Mendoza.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Assisted aim is cool and makes the game more fun to play with a controller against keyboard and mouse. Maybe balance it with reduced damage?

I do however wish it wouldn't differentiate between aim modes during heists and co-op missions. If you aren't working against each other then why force a mode the player doesn't want?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Nintendo Kid posted:

Also lol yeah let me just manually aim on controller so I can play against 3 other people total who bother to do it, that's totally fun and not just just a chore.

good I didn't want to play with you anyway

BitBasher posted:

EDIT: As a side note, why the hate for lock on? Everyone is on even footing and there's a rolling mechanism for losing the lock.

My motorcycles

I can ride them safely in free-aim

E:

BitBasher posted:

Doing something you hate and complain about doesn't seem like a sane use of your leisure time.

I hate and complain about GTA every time we play and I will never stop and I will downvote all your jobs forever

titties fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 19, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Play game to have fun. Don't play game in way you find boring. Other people have harmless fun but you no find fun? Cool. They videogame. You videogame.

Videogames

I play legit and my pals run around in hacker money and yet it works out because they help me on missions with their crazy toys and I get to accomplish things with my own gear and have something to work towards. I dunno why this is such a biggie

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Songbearer posted:

Play game to have fun. Don't play game in way you find boring. Other people have harmless fun but you no find fun? Cool. They videogame. You videogame.

Videogames

I play legit and my pals run around in hacker money and yet it works out because they help me on missions with their crazy toys and I get to accomplish things with my own gear and have something to work towards. I dunno why this is such a biggie

Ebony...and Ivory~

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Songbearer posted:

Videogames

I'm going to make this an issue rear end in a top hat *shoves u*

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I like lock on servers because nothing is funnier than popping a dude in his kurama, then watching him get salty in chat.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
The camera limits on the Rockstar Editor are a pain to work with, but I might have something later tonight.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

UserErr0r posted:

The camera limits on the Rockstar Editor are a pain to work with

Understatement of the year. I wanna be able to move the drat camera more than 20ft away from the player, dammit :saddowns:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Understatement of the year. I wanna be able to move the drat camera more than 20ft away from the player, dammit :saddowns:

Okay! :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E_uzpqdhl0

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

As a brand new player, it was immensely satisfying to me when I grinded out about $400k to buy my very first high-end apartment and supercar. I even used my 10% Legendary discount on that $150k car.

The next day, I got shot with a money minigun and bought a ton of other things that I hadn't expected to ever be able to afford, and I've had a lot more fun with those things than I would have had trying to make that much money.

/Cletus is HIT

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I play free aim, I'd would be cool if after a join a mission/heist with autoaim it would revert me back to free and dump me into an appropriate lobby.

Also, for the love of god rockstar : MAKE FLARES WORK AS MISSILE COUNTERMEASURES

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I am an adaptable mammal with empathy and opposable thumbs. All aim styles are good and fun and enable me to enjoy this wonderful game. All the fun things that fun happens in and to that are fun are fun despite the aim mode in play because the game is fun and auto aim is a discussion for 1995* you unfun children.

*this topic was unfun back in 1995 as well

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jose Mengelez posted:

I play free aim, I'd would be cool if after a join a mission/heist with autoaim it would revert me back to free and dump me into an appropriate lobby.

Also, for the love of god rockstar : MAKE FLARES WORK AS MISSILE COUNTERMEASURES

It does reset to your preferred mode. The problem is that when you switch between different aim modes several times, it changes your preference.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

I will never stop and I will downvote all your jobs forever

Full disclosure. To this day I am shocked and appalled that some my races have any thumbs up at all. :v:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

BitBasher posted:

Full disclosure. To this day I am shocked and appalled that some my races have any thumbs up at all. :v:

Me too :smith:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Will using this trip any dumb anti-modding stuff? I pretty much only play online so if I can't use it while still playing online then it's kind of useless.

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!
During the day when nobody is about I pretty much just accept the first invite that arrives on my phone.

Just now I played the pac standard vans setup job with some pubbies, who proceeded to fail it. Twice. And then rage quit.

:negative:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

AirRaid posted:

Will using this trip any dumb anti-modding stuff? I pretty much only play online so if I can't use it while still playing online then it's kind of useless.

All mods will potentially do that, yes. Use a mod manager.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716767

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
e: Should have posted that in the GTAV PC Thread. ooops

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

All mods will potentially do that, yes. Use a mod manager.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716767

In the comments of the youtube video, the guy who posted said it only needs to be installed when you're editing. So record online, edit offline with the script installed.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Does this let you lock onto NPCs and other characters once youre past the vanilla limits?

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:
some of you are my favorites to play with

HECK YEAH FOR GAME SHIPS

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Last night, I tried to sell a car from my garage and got this message:

Today, I got an email:

Hi CapnBeeb,

This is an automated message from Rockstar Games to inform you that your account has been flagged for violating our Online Features Code of Conduct and/or EULA, found here:

- http://www.rockstargames.com/conduct
- http://www.rockstargames.com/eula

Accounts can become flagged as a result of automated analysis or manual review of evidence for violations such as modding, hacking, exploiting or abusing game mechanics, or otherwise interfering with other players’ gameplay experience.

So I booted up, and nothing is missing. All my cars are as they were, outfits as they should be, level, RP, and cash where they were, etc etc. What the hell?

Also I still have that cannot complete missions bug. Went searching around, and found this reddit post that has a fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GTAVPCSUPPORT/comments/366pqk/cant_finish_missions_from_contacts_in_gta_online/

It works consistently, which is cool and all. Still no idea what the gently caress causes it, though. :sigh:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah, the ol' Rockstar false positive.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

Capn Beeb posted:

Today, I got an email:

Hi CapnBeeb,

This is an automated message from Rockstar Games to inform you that your account has been flagged for violating our Online Features Code of Conduct and/or EULA, found here:

Accounts can become flagged as a result of automated analysis or manual review of evidence for violations such as modding, hacking, exploiting or abusing game mechanics, or otherwise interfering with other players’ gameplay experience.

So I booted up, and nothing is missing. All my cars are as they were, outfits as they should be, level, RP, and cash where they were, etc etc. What the hell?

That happened to my husband but they took all his money. Welp!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That happened to me when my Roosevelt turned into a sandking. You'll never be able to sell it, you have to replace it with another car. About the email thing, I don't know.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cute as heck posted:

Ebony...and Ivory~

I have ebonyandivory.com, buffy. Imagine what we can do :allears:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Does GTA Online let you move a character back and forth between PC and PS4? A friend plays it on PS4 with one of their friends, but I might encourage them to play on PC as well, if they don't mind being double dipped for $60.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

UserErr0r posted:

Does GTA Online let you move a character back and forth between PC and PS4? A friend plays it on PS4 with one of their friends, but I might encourage them to play on PC as well, if they don't mind being double dipped for $60.

Theres no "back and forth" its a one time character copy. Your PS4 and PC characters are separate entities at that point.

You can port PS4 to PC but not PC to PS4 if I understand correctly.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

geeves posted:

I have ebonyandivory.com, buffy. Imagine what we can do :allears:

umm, IM CRYSTAL CANDY thank u

buffy is titties

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Corzaa posted:

Theres no "back and forth" its a one time character copy. Your PS4 and PC characters are separate entities at that point.

You can port PS4 to PC but not PC to PS4 if I understand correctly.

This is correct. Found out the hard way, but you cannot transfer from PC to PS4.

Also, I would actually play more GTA online if it was not such a grind to get any significant amount of money. Its so obviously designed to get people to spend real money that it actively discourages me from playing it at all.

A lot of the gametypes/matchmaking is garbage as well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PS4 and Bone get the Rockstar Editor next game update.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Capn Beeb posted:

Today, I got an email:

Hi CapnBeeb,

Also I still have that cannot complete missions bug. Went searching around, and found this reddit post that has a fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GTAVPCSUPPORT/comments/366pqk/cant_finish_missions_from_contacts_in_gta_online/

It works consistently, which is cool and all. Still no idea what the gently caress causes it, though. :sigh:

Oh hey, I got one of those e-mails recently as well. Checked the Social Club, stats are still the same, banked cash is still around $15 million, still level 100. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Thought I'd try Heists again, 20 minutes into the plane stealing mission the pilot crashes the plane on the runway and explodes. Think I'm about done with this game now

• Locked thread