Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sam is giving me ~vibes~, would vote

QuoProQuid posted:

i think pmom is being a little too hard on a new player. makes me edgy

there's no sixth game leniency rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Which Sam?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
How are we out of joke phase already? You guys are fun killers. Will actually read thread tomorrow when I'm awake.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How are we out of joke phase already? You guys are fun killers. Will actually read thread tomorrow when I'm awake.

Once you are done please summarize for me so I don't have to read, thanks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

okay, i am pretty much caught up right now. my leanings for scum atm are: TMM > Rarity > merk?

now i am going to bed so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

((did i post enough to be a "top poster?" am i allowed to criticize TMM for white noise posts yet????))

While I obviously don't agree with your assessment of me, I certainly thank you for putting in the time and effort to make those posts.

The only issue I have with your posts is your seemingly extreme aversion to any sort of setup spec. I mean you even quote Exakt and respond with an overblown 'Stoooooop' at the most basic of setup chat: discussing how many possible bad guys town is facing. I understand that setup spec can be a great way for scum to hide, but it is what engages some people and as long as it doesn't go overboard then there isn't any real harm in it. On the other hand, trying to shut it down completely just doesn't sit well with me at all. As far as I can remember, all of the setup spec so far has been very light and very general.

Also, you call me a mafia dad in your posts (one of which doesn't even make sense because I'm clearly teasing Kash when it's read in context), but then turn around and do the same thing by telling people to stop the setup spec. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Based on the second part of the post, I think you?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Samfucius posted:

The second part of the post was referring to Kashuno I think.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
The young merchant spends much of the morning examining documents, peering over documents in an attempt to try and suss out the economic connections that link those in the town together. For such a small, wholely provincial place, the webs of duty and debt are thick and complicated, nesting patterns within themselves, forming chaotic relationships. The task was hard and the sound of argument proved too much of a distraction for his tasks. He pulled himself from his desk and emerged out into the light, there seeing GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE and merk and their clash of words. "I think that merk may be acting overly aggressively, and I'm more than willing to take GUISSEPPE at face value. In our conversations in the past, we've come to gain a bit of an understanding, and this seems in keeping with their character."

The rest of the gathered rabble proved too much for the young man, but he attempted to understand things as well as he could. Ultimately, it was CCKeane's ghostly jester act that made him speak up again. "What the devil is this? This seems most inappropriate."

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

TMMadman posted:

This is just a standard lurker poke:

I'd like to see some posts from Chaoslord, ANarc, QPQ and Jedit.

Hal, Samfu and Meinberg you are on my radar for not posting a lot either.

I know you can't all be a posting superstar like me, but I'd still like to see some effort.

literally chopped liv-

Meinberg posted:

The young merchant spends much of the morning examining documents, peering over documents in an attempt to try and suss out the economic connections that link those in the town together. For such a small, wholely provincial place, the webs of duty and debt are thick and complicated, nesting patterns within themselves, forming chaotic relationships. The task was hard and the sound of argument proved too much of a distraction for his tasks. He pulled himself from his desk and emerged out into the light, there seeing GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE and merk and their clash of words. "I think that merk may be acting overly aggressively, and I'm more than willing to take GUISSEPPE at face value. In our conversations in the past, we've come to gain a bit of an understanding, and this seems in keeping with their character."

The rest of the gathered rabble proved too much for the young man, but he attempted to understand things as well as he could. Ultimately, it was CCKeane's ghostly jester act that made him speak up again. "What the devil is this? This seems most inappropriate."

:yeah:

That said what game is merk not an over confident dude? Seems weird to ping him on that when it's, like, literally his thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Merk, I want you to know that if I felt like I could handle it right now, I could maneuver around you without a sweat. I see what it is you're doing. I'm just not in a good place to do it right now so you're just going to be proven scum through your play.

I'd be happy to vote diqnol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

This is just a standard lurker poke:

I'd like to see some posts from Chaoslord, ANarc, QPQ and Jedit.

Hal, Samfu and Meinberg you are on my radar for not posting a lot either.

I know you can't all be a posting superstar like me, but I'd still like to see some effort.

A lurker callout on the second day of D1? Seriously?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Samfucius posted:

The highest post counts all belong to people who threw themselves into jokephase headfirst, some before the game even began. I have no idea why diqnol is having a meltdown already. I forgot you were in this game, due to the maelstrom of posts.

Those are my feelings so far in this fine D1.

Samfucius posted:

In the interest of developing more opinions, I am watching merk and those he interacts with.

Holy poo poo, could try harder to not have an opinion?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TMMadman posted:

Yes because as the top poster I have been not saying anything all game.

Unironically true. You've talked a lot and said little. "Hey, look at me, I spammed poo poo during joke phase!" is not an argument for you generating content, particularly when over a third of your posts were made before the game even began.

I was out last night and am out again tonight, sorry. People are throwing a lot of poo poo around and I must find time to look at it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

sam is giving me ~vibes~, would vote

there's no sixth game leniency rule

oooopppps, for some reason I thought he was newer.

TMMadman posted:

While I obviously don't agree with your assessment of me, I certainly thank you for putting in the time and effort to make those posts.

The only issue I have with your posts is your seemingly extreme aversion to any sort of setup spec. I mean you even quote Exakt and respond with an overblown 'Stoooooop' at the most basic of setup chat: discussing how many possible bad guys town is facing. I understand that setup spec can be a great way for scum to hide, but it is what engages some people and as long as it doesn't go overboard then there isn't any real harm in it. On the other hand, trying to shut it down completely just doesn't sit well with me at all. As far as I can remember, all of the setup spec so far has been very light and very general.

Also, you call me a mafia dad in your posts (one of which doesn't even make sense because I'm clearly teasing Kash when it's read in context), but then turn around and do the same thing by telling people to stop the setup spec. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Set-up discussion requires no engagement with other players for little actual gain. It is a cancer that consumes the public's attention, a parasite that masquerades as something useful. Scum latch on to set-up discussion because it allows them to post without really posting at all. They seem like they are providing the town with useful information, but are, in reality, doing little more than malicious guesswork. I see no benefit in allowing such actions to continue and make no apologies for pushing against such discussion.

uhhhh... I mean *faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrttttttt*

as for your second issue, I have to ask: a) is it really clear that you are teasing kash; b) is pushing against setup chat in anyway mafia dad behavior? my understanding is that mafia dadding is posting for the sole purpose of mentoring new players via easily understood info; c) even if it was mafia dadding, how do my sins exonerate you of your failings

Meinberg posted:

heeeeeey meinberg, you mentioned finding keane' play suspicious. would you do me the kindness of explaining why you think he is acting as he is?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

wrong

SirSamVimes posted:

The second part of the post was referring to Kashuno I think.
correct

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
My d1 posting is pretty bad I have a hard time making a good strong case on d1 reads but :justpost:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Kashuno posted:

My d1 posting is pretty bad I have a hard time making a good strong case on d1 reads but :justpost:

what

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone who's played with Keane before please explain to me a world where his posting is good for town or clears him from being scum at all?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Kashuno posted:

Can anyone who's played with Keane before please explain to me a world where his posting is good for town or clears him from being scum at all?

His posting is completely typical for him and therefore alignment neutral.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Setup discussion is fine unless it's all you're doing. Pretty much, you can say whatever you want about anything as long as you have real scum reads in the mix somewhere.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Some scum use setup spec to avoid scum hunting. That's what is scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Didn't I post as Beast an entire day 1 as scum?

I'm getting a different vibe, but I guess that is true.

I can't believe I got Merk to scum claim day 1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Scum really hate ghosts so they want to try to bust them.

Bill Murray was the original scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I'm getting a different vibe, but I guess that is true.

I can't believe I got Merk to scum claim day 1.

I don't remember whether I was scum that game. I wanted to see how you'd react to your meta being questioned. I don't know what I learned!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I don't remember whether I was scum that game. I wanted to see how you'd react to your meta being questioned. I don't know what I learned!

You were scum. You were juggs.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i was beast

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PMom your abnormal body hair doesn't make you Beast. Beast also has agility, strength, and intelligence.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ha, I just went back and read. How were you lynched the day after me with a Beast claim? That's amazing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Ha, I just went back and read. How were you lynched the day after me with a Beast claim? That's amazing.

Flavor arguments are bad and dumb is how. Unless that flavor is that of a spooky ghost, then flavor arguments that the ghost is town are good and helpful.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah my play that game was baaaaaaad.

(That was my fourth game of Mafia? I don't have an excuse anymore for being bad.)

Let's kill Sam he's pretending to be engaged and thinking.

##unvote
##vote samfucius

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That one post where he said he's looking at me and people I am interacting with is pretty bad and almost gets me to the point of voting him again over Diqnol. But, I mean, I'm pretty sure Diqnol flips scum here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

His vote on Diq also reads as hella opportunistic to me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Scum really hate ghosts so they want to try to bust them.

Bill Murray was the original scum.

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag. I am working on a Ghostbusters Mafia game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

His vote on Diq also reads as hella opportunistic to me.

...and it's especially weird because he kind of implies that I'm scum later. Hmm, ok. ##unvote; ##vote Sam

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

...and it's especially weird because he kind of implies that I'm scum later. Hmm, ok. ##unvote; ##vote Sam

merk, are you voting for SamV or Samfu?

Votetracker has it as SamV, but since you are agreeing with PMom, I'm assuming you mean Samfu?

When talking about a Sam this game could everyone please remember to add V or fu at the end of it for clarity?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Samfu

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Meinberg posted:

Yeah... I kind of want to kill you just because I think I'm going to think you're evil regardless of whether or not you are. But I'll probably leave assessing you to people that have played with you more.

Can someone tell me the big difference between his scum/town play?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

QuoProQuid posted:

*SNIP*

heeeeeey meinberg, you mentioned finding keane' play suspicious. would you do me the kindness of explaining why you think he is acting as he is?

Is there a reason that QPQ is using kid gloves with Meinberg? Do they have some weird meta that I am unaware of?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

##unvote
##Vote Pintrest Mom

Is there somewhere I can go to look at tallies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The second post has the current votecount in it, along with the deadline! :)

• Locked thread