Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I hate the music you like and I'm fuckin pissed off about it, mate. Goodbye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
Here's Bugzy Malone!

Been keeping an eye on him for a bit, think he's really one to watch in the grime scene now. Comes out of the Manchester weed game, talks good crime, talks good emotions, cool voice, nice flows. Here's a couple of good videos!

His "Fire in the booth" appearance: Good showcase of his style and content. worth listening to both parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPXoDDs1OM8

M.E.N: My personal favourite of his. Bit slower and more thoughtful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7uhNjgqzlE
Watch your mouth: Bouncy awesome grime tune. Neat video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR8-b6pftEA

2015 is a good year for Grime.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Anyone know who this is rapping?

https://soundcloud.com/grandmasta-vic-1/nothin-we-cant-do-main

oh i guess it's GMV's son, very cool

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 19, 2015

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

GentlemanBrofro posted:

Like the song Jay-Z I'm pretty sure is about idol worship and being blinded by fame rather than having a passion for rap.

Trying to figure out where you're getting that from these lyrics

http://genius.com/Goodbye-tomorrow-jay-z-lyrics

Not trying to say you're wrong but I've read similar poo poo about this song in other places and just don't see it so wondering where the mataphor is or whatever. Also the video is really awesome but doesn't seem to have anything to do with the lyrics either

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

d0s posted:

Trying to figure out where you're getting that from these lyrics

http://genius.com/Goodbye-tomorrow-jay-z-lyrics

Not trying to say you're wrong but I've read similar poo poo about this song in other places and just don't see it so wondering where the mataphor is or whatever. Also the video is really awesome but doesn't seem to have anything to do with the lyrics either
I actually wrote that. Not gonna lie. A lot of it has to do with the end visual of the song which is just the title followed by "A Dissertation on the Diaspora of the Black Soul" so I was like, "poo poo maybe this is more meta than I thought." My thought process is that if there seems to be more to it, then there is a different level of perception that I'm not seeing through. Emphasis is an important part of poetry and rap in general, especially repetition. To me the hook reads a lot like someone being inundated with his newfound fame and rather than taking it from a relative perspective, he compares it to how his idol would feel. Like Jay Z could really be replaced by any rapper who really "made it" and has become a national icon. It's just this generic, stereotype of how being on top of the rap game is, rather than being more conscious of his position. You have someone like Kendrick who is really coming into his own while remaining conscious of the world around him, but then you have others like Chief Keef who just want to make bangers with no superb substance lyrically other than brag. Am I saying that's subjectively bad? Nah, but influence is a powerful thing and has far reaching implications, especially in the content you produce. I was also high as poo poo when I wrote that so take what you want. We really haven't a lot out of these people except them talking about why they want to remain anonymous and it seems, to me at least, like there's something more than just superficial happening. It's a just a "we'll wait and see" situation.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

GentlemanBrofro posted:

You have someone like Kendrick who is really coming into his own while remaining conscious of the world around him, but then you have others like Chief Keef who just want to make bangers with no superb substance lyrically other than brag.

i don't think chief keef is making the music that you think he's making

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckONNN_RO6U

Bang 3 Pt 2 Preorder out now

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Cool Buff Man posted:

I can't think of a good comparison so I bullshitted that one. However I just realized a better comparison would be Wiz Kalifa but I couldn't remember his name.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I literally can't think of a single rapper that only tries to make bangers with no lyrical substance other than to brag. And I listen to A LOT of rappers that you're probably think of when you're trying to work this comparison

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I literally can't think of a single rapper that only tries to make bangers with no lyrical substance other than to brag.

http://genius.com/artists/Goodbye-tomorrow

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I literally can't think of a single rapper that only tries to make bangers with no lyrical substance other than to brag. And I listen to A LOT of rappers that you're probably think of when you're trying to work this comparison
As I said, I don't try and make a big deal out of it. It's a lovely comparison for a reason. But I mean like, someone like Waka openly admits he's not great at rapping but he loves making hard tracks and loves bringing intensity to them. He's also a really cool guy and all around charismatic figure. More technical rapping is maybe what I'm reaching for but whatever. Can we ignore the one part of a paragraph of basically over analysis?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Oh yeah sure I didn't read your post other than what cool buff man quited

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
god drat 2 Chainz sounded like he was wearing three chains on that new one poo poo man he goes in.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
yeah whoever said that new 2 chainz is wack is off one this poo poo is cold cut combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29alNl3SszI

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KUJlkzb6Ko

relevant rap

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Maybe we'll actually get to hear Jay Rock's album at some point.

quote:

01 "Necessary"
02 "Easy Bake" f. Kendrick Lamar & SZA
03 "Gumbo"
04 "Wanna Ride" f. Isaiah Rashad
05 "The Ways" f. SiR
06 "Telegram (Goin Crazy)" f. Lance Skiiiwalker
07 "90059"
08 "Vice City" f. Black Hippy
09 "Fly on the Wall" f. Busta Rhymes
10 "Money Trees Deuce" f. Lance Skiiiwalker
11 "The Message"

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I'm glad for more Isaiah Rashad on that new Jay Rock but it's a shame Parental Advisory ain't on it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I like lil dickys album this poo poo is funny

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

A Handed Missus posted:

ya except the title track is straight loving garbage and like 3 of 11 songs are already out so im pretty nervous

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

thathonkey posted:

I like lil dickys album this poo poo is funny

its really bad and the best verse by far is 5 lines from a phoned in throwaway from rhq

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

its really bad and the best verse by far is 5 lines from a phoned in throwaway from rhq

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
New Raz Simone track from his upcoming Trap Spirituals: Massa Sir

Pretty different from most of his stuff.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

A Handed Missus posted:

Only took him 4 years to make 11 tracks, one of which is confirmed terrible. Cool

E: New Scarface September 4. It's his first in seven years, and he's probably my favorite rapper ever. That said, I'm not totally sure what I think of this track that was just released from it. His voice just sounds... bored. I get that he's trying to be solemn, but he's done it so much better before and it sounds strange here.

ol yeller fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 19, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

Dang :smith:

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
new jay rock is hilarious, i never understood the hype behind him. even on the old black hippy tracks he was the worst one :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He has the best verse on GKMC

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

TenaciousTomato posted:

new jay rock is hilarious, i never understood the hype behind him. even on the old black hippy tracks he was the worst one :shrug:

His verse on money trees i think i dunno either

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Pusha Man owns and I like him on the Gibbs songs Krazy and Certified Live

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

word 4 songs. he's alright

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Follow Me Home was good, and so was Black Friday.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

let me go back and revisit those. maybe ill get to it before his album's surprise release date :laugh:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
You aint gotta like it but the hood gon love it

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
If it would've come out 2 years ago I would be more excited. Him and Gibbs should make an album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWAWeMI_8s8

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I was just looking over the scheduled releases for rest of the year and didnt see much of interest... Someone please come and tell me im wrong cause this is p depressing

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

I was just looking over the scheduled releases for rest of the year and didnt see much of interest... Someone please come and tell me im wrong cause this is p depressing

Most of the best stuff doesn't have any dates announced yet. fwiw I'm looking forward to Pusha T, Kanye, Jay Rock, Frank Ocean, Weeknd, Lil Ugly Mane, Clipping, Young Thug, ASAP Ferg, Underachievers, and probably a few releases I'm forgetting

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
Lil Dicky sounds like a man who heard of Buckwheat Groats and just ripped off the name Lil Dinky. Btw where the gently caress is my Buckwheat Groats album I'm still waitin on that.

HorseRenoir posted:

Most of the best stuff doesn't have any dates announced yet. fwiw I'm looking forward to Pusha T, Kanye, Jay Rock, Frank Ocean, Weeknd, Lil Ugly Mane, Clipping, Young Thug, ASAP Ferg, Underachievers, and probably a few releases I'm forgetting
Wait Lil Ugly Mane is still gonna rap? I thought he stopped and released that 3 Sided Tape album as his final "Oh he's some poo poo I did but never released". Also I had no idea Clipping or Underachievers were planning on releases.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

GentlemanBrofro posted:

Wait Lil Ugly Mane is still gonna rap? I thought he stopped and released that 3 Sided Tape album as his final "Oh he's some poo poo I did but never released". Also I had no idea Clipping or Underachievers were planning on releases.

Ugly Mane has one final album coming out, it's finished but he's waiting on Ormolycka to send out all the vinyls. Clipping said a while ago that they were recording an album for Deathbomb Arc and dropping this year, not sure if it's still happening

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

Young Thug is supposedly coming out on sept 24. Frank ocean is what im looking forward to most tho probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

thathonkey posted:

Young Thug is supposedly coming out on sept 24. Frank ocean is what im looking forward to most tho probably.

I thought frank did a couple years ago