Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Asiina posted:

Think about the fact that this sword is in mystery hands, I say kill the confirmed 3P.

If you kill Mithross and he's town and then scum use their bought sword and it's also a vig then we will lose.

On the flip side though Mithross has admitted buying the sword so if he is scum he won't get a chance to use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

And you spent 30sp on the sword and claim to also have spent other SP. We saw you get 20 in thread, so that is already an extra 10 you had to earn for the sword, let alone any other stuff you bought.

I never said I spent other points. I was saving up. A day cop was 45, a dav vig was 60.

I got 20 from jakes sword, and 15 from "other players purchasing items", which I'm assuming was taste. I was trying to get that day cop, like you all agree I should have, but didn't make it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mithross posted:

I never said I spent other points. I was saving up. A day cop was 45, a dav vig was 60.

I got 20 from jakes sword, and 15 from "other players purchasing items", which I'm assuming was taste. I was trying to get that day cop, like you all agree I should have, but didn't make it.

Hmmm. This is why I thought you bought more than the sword:

Mithross posted:

But with my tent closed, and me blocked for the day and forced to claim, I spent my SP on other stuff.

To me that parses as plural.

---- If you got 15 from Taste's spend, that is QUITE a cut. Since he only got 20 per his flip, right?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Think about the fact that this sword is in mystery hands, I say kill the confirmed 3P.

If you kill Mithross and he's town and then scum use their bought sword and it's also a vig then we will lose.

Yeah, you and Quid have some good points on that. And that is three of you with Opop all saying to go for Chaos, so that is what I'll do.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, you and Quid have some good points on that. And that is three of you with Opop all saying to go for Chaos, so that is what I'll do.

Ok,so hurry up and do it then. Are you waiting for deadline?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm. This is why I thought you bought more than the sword:

To me that parses as plural.

---- If you got 15 from Taste's spend, that is QUITE a cut. Since he only got 20 per his flip, right?

Yeah, wait, what percentage did you get and what were your items priced at?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

Ok,so hurry up and do it then. Are you waiting for deadline?

I had a deadline in another game. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##slay Chaoslord

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So? How long does it take to type two words?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Opopanax posted:

So? How long does it take to type two words?

Bolding makes it count as at least 3 words.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
King Burgundy holds aloft the Sword of Thunder and calls upon the mighty storm!

Chaoslord is slain!

You are LAVOS Cult Aligned

Lavos feeds - Any event you are on is automatically sabotaged, for every event you are on that is sabotaged you gain the ability to target any player that night and a random power will be used on them.

Lavos Breeds - Every even numbered night you may recruit someone into your lavos doc and they become lavos spawn, if at any point lavos aligned players control the vote you win!

Each odd numbered night you or any lavos spawn may perform a Lavos aligned night kill.

You may join events to sabotage them.

Time warps and the sky goes dark.

It is now Night 3!

Get dem actions in.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
All the attendees of General Vipers Funeral wake up to find themselves in a blasted wasteland, the ruins of the earth.

A pile of scrap is on the ground in front of them.

King Burgundy - Robo - Town aligned was found dead!

You are Robo Town aligned

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Every other day(starting day 2) you may type ##scan <player> in thread to publicly daycop them. You may also choose to PM me during the day with the same thing and I will anonymously broadcast the persons role AND alignment in thread but you will lose the ability if you use it in this way.

You may join events and get a bonus to succeed in 2300 AD

BUT WAIT!

Whats this?

Mithross - Norstein Bekkler Lavos Spawn - Town Lavos aligned was found electrocuted on n3!

You are Norstein Bekkler Town aligned

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Silver Points! You can make use of Silver points by having players play a game of chance.
At any point players may send me a PM spending Silver points on a list of games I will put in the OP.

These points go to you secretly.

You may spend silver points on any of the following

30 Points: 1 shot self protect
45 Points: 1 shot daycop
60 Points: 1 shot dayvig
75 Points: 2 shot Reanimate (Bring any executed player back in the game , but wrong somehow)

You may join events and have a smaller bonus to any time or dimension events can take place in

You were captured by Lavos and have been turned into Lavos Spawn!

Your previous abilities are gone and have been replaced with

Lavos chat - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjMleOF9-9RsMpGl1QyKmkvX06nexhcvS02gYeW1tCM/edit?usp=sharing

Each odd numbered night you or any other lavos spawn may perform a kill.

If Lavos dies you recieve a 1 shot lavos recruit

You now win when Lavos aligned players control the vote and significantly reduce mission win rates.

Everyone is instantly transported to their home times and dimensions!

The world is saved from Lavos!

Town has won!

Setup: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18BjA5PnrgcQx72Vg6ruidSj-W_sMZfwpdFyXeLAIhLI/edit?usp=sharing

I went with a two person SK team and a cult as the main adversaries instead of a scum team.

I basically made items have a basic "thing" that they did and it would be enhanced based on the circumstances of its use.

I liked a lot of the ideas in the game but I think it would have benefited from more players.

Thanks for playing!

(KB's item usage combined with the vig sword from yesterday made him a PGO last night, which is what killed mithross)

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 19, 2015

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I honestly thought I was 3p until Mithross said "Wait what if we're it?"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross why did you not try to recruit?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

chaoslord posted:

Mithross why did you not try to recruit?

It was an even numbered night thing

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

It was an even numbered night thing

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Makes sense now.

Also just read the mod doc, I had a good laugh that Mission 3 had the worst chance of success but was the only one to succeed.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Communicating via song lyrics was significantly more difficult than I expected.

It was fun though I hope I at least got my point across most of the time :v:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kumbamontu posted:

I legit might steal it for a future CYOR

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Honestly this could have used more tweaking for sure but I think I liked the concept of having a two person SK team that relied on each other (sort of)

I wish more people would have joined, I think maybe 19 - 21 people would have balanced out the cult mechanic because I wouldn't have felt I needed to restrict recruiting/killing to staggered nights.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

I enjoyed it, You came up with a good role, probably one of my favorites in the game.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Also I never got to use this line but I was going to today

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, ##hate mithross
Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
Shake it off, shake it off

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

"Jack of ALL Trades: Each night you get a random role from someone else in the game which you have to use that night. You don't know what the role is beforeyou submit your target each night so anything could happen!"

That is Asiina's role. I was going to fake claim this as part of my 3p, capitalization exactly the same for the name, at one point. Got lucky there.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Player: Kumbamontu
Flavor: Irenes
Role: lol

:allears:

also that description is inaccurate i was only given two vigs not three!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

Player: Kumbamontu
Flavor: Irenes
Role: lol

:allears:

also that description is inaccurate i was only given two vigs not three!!

yeah like it says at the bottom on the tab (Rough Drafts)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

yeah like it says at the bottom on the tab (Rough Drafts)

:downs:

also imgay's role is the best but is essentially just a weak as gently caress roleblock lmao

also jake "For my role I want to be generous sword man who every day publicly gives a player a sword that they can use" :laffo:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
What was Mithross' reanimation going to do? Bring a player back to life only temporarily or with drawbacks or what?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

What was Mithross' reanimation going to do? Bring a player back to life only temporarily or with drawbacks or what?

Permanent as a stump of their original alignment.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well that was fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hooray!

Thanks for the game Pig.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I was a JOAT too!

Thanks for game, Pig

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I told you I wasn't scum! Well, not until that last day, anyway...

Good game CPig. I had fun.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Town op pls nerf

Thanks for game

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After this game, I've really surged as the leader of the GOP

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That was awesome. I figured chances were pretty good we'd win since I'd get targeted for the kill. But if not had my day cop for today. :)

Thanks for the game Pig!!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
drat I copped mithross N1 and got town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sorry for shooting you, Mags!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010