Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Etrigan would be great.

"The Arrow in his clothes
of darkest Lincoln Green
His pants they are so tight
his appearance is obscene!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

MacheteZombie posted:

There will be no less than four episodes worth of flashbacks establishing how he knows Constantine..

John Constantine, Arrow, and a bunch of Russian mobsters. Someone has been reading my dream journal.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I mentioned this in the Constantine thread but it would be cool if next year's big DCTV crossover miniseries had them dealing with the Rising Darkness.

MacheteZombie posted:

There will be no less than four episodes worth of flashbacks establishing how he knows Constantine..

Also how Ollie slept with Zed and Zed was the one who had a vision telling him he had to go back to the island.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Etrigan would be great.

"The Arrow in his clothes
of darkest Lincoln Green
His pants they are so tight
his appearance is obscene!"

You may so blonde and so pretty,
but Arrow, you have failed this city!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well this is, um, interesting for lack of a better word.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/dc-comics-powerless-comedy-series-nbc-1201499139/

quote:

The primetime DC Comics universe is expanding in a comedy direction. In a competitive situation, Powerless, a half-hour single-camera comedy from A To Z creator Ben Queen and Warner Bros. TV, has landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.

The project evokes NBC’s signature comedy series The Office, but with superheroes. Based on characters from DC Comics, Powerless is a workplace comedy set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The show is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of superheroes and villains.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
NBC? Cancelled.

I love how Time Warner gives such little poo poo about their DC Comics brand. "Hmm the network that tanked one of our bigger B list franchises wants another show? Why not?!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just start remaking popular series "but with superheroes!"

Cheers... but with superheroes!
Friends... but with superheroes!
Scrubs... but with superheroes!
Frasier... but with superheroes!
Night Court... but with superheroes!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Codependent Poster posted:

That's the X-men show we are getting?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sold.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Would watch the poo poo out of a Spider-Man and his amazing friends live action series. Or like a Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane series.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Part of me wants this insurance show to work because then Marvel might do a Damage Control show.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Maybe we will get cop drama ....but with Superheroes! You know like Gotham Cent------:(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I would watch the poo poo out of She-Hulk tv show that was The Practice...with superheroes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Squirrel Girl as a University romance sitcom. I mean, the book has that aspect already.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Sherlock but with Ralph Dibny.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

Sherlock but with Ralph Dibny.

With their chief Max Lord?

The mystery of the tint footprints.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

With their chief Max Lord?

The mystery of the tint footprints.

Max Lord is already a recurring character on Supergirl.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

Maybe we will get cop drama ....but with Superheroes! You know like Gotham Cent------:(

There's always Powers! :haw:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gaz-L posted:

There's always Powers! :haw:

Powers was cool and good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The concept of superhero insurance is kind of funny, and I liked The Office, but... I don't know, this just seems like one of those concepts that burns itself out of jokes drat fast. Like, a good 10 minutes of humor and then facepalming for 20 more.

I would watch literally all of these. Well maybe not Frasier w/ superheroes, but the rest sound great. Who is Norm in this Cheers with superheroes show?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looks like DC and NBC aren't done yet.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/red-movies-tv-series-adaptiation-nbc-1201499540/

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I would watch literally all of these. Well maybe not Frasier w/ superheroes, but the rest sound great. Who is Norm in this Cheers with superheroes show?

Tony
Frasier with superheroes would be the adventures of Hank McCoy.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TwoPair posted:

The concept of superhero insurance is kind of funny, and I liked The Office, but... I don't know, this just seems like one of those concepts that burns itself out of jokes drat fast. Like, a good 10 minutes of humor and then facepalming for 20 more.

The main issue is that a lot of the humor won't even be able to pay off since the vast majority of DC characters will never be able to appear on the show. It is a concept that is immediately hamstrung because of its own circumstances.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Where the hell would they base the show at anyway? Gotham and Metropolis are already off limits, and who knows, maybe Coast City will be too (probably not since the Arrow S4 flashbacks take place in Coast City).

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'd rather see a Marvel Office where the Michael Scott role is filled by The Living Tribunal.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Where the hell would they base the show at anyway? Gotham and Metropolis are already off limits, and who knows, maybe Coast City will be too (probably not since the Arrow S4 flashbacks take place in Coast City).

It wouldn't even make sense to take place in one city if it weren't Metropolis or Gotham. Central city maybe, but I REALLY doubt they go there either. Or Star City.

Honestly it would actually be funnier without the limitations of broadcast TV and contract deals. Like a Cartoon Network or Adult Swim type of thing. And animated. Basically kind of like a DC based Venture Bros almost.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobkatt013 posted:

Tony
Frasier with superheroes would be the adventures of Hank McCoy.

Tony would be the Sam Malone, I don't know who would be Norm, but Hawkeye would definitely be the Cliff

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Skwirl posted:

Tony would be the Sam Malone, I don't know who would be Norm, but Hawkeye would definitely be the Cliff

If Hawkeye is Cliff, then Banner would have to be Norm.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I want to see Parks and Rec and Swamp Thing

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Captain America is norm

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Scyantific posted:

Hub City

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Frasier would be Banner. People forget that how much truly deranged poo poo he got up to on Cheers, and to a lesser extent Frasier. It's all intellectual snobbery and fine wine until he wakes up naked and covered in dirt somewhere.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

A to Z was grossly underrated but I would watch any of those shows.

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

The bar with no name would be perfect for this. Stilt man would be Norm. think about the theme song and you can start working the words in your head really quick from where everybody knows your name to the bar with no name.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Scyantific posted:

Coast City the day before Mongol and Cyborg Superman show up. Or Bludhaven. You can have fun with both of those.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I doubt the show will follow the same rules as the current stuff and they'll just put it in one of Gotham or Metropolis.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They should put it in a lesser known DC city, their equivalent of Scranton.

Maybe Keystone.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Opal City.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The new Flash costume for season 2 looks way better than the season 1 suit. This is movie quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The extreme levels of shading to add depth look a little too on-the-nose to me.