Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

just having my breakfast, you?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Good morning Corn!

I thought I saw you last night in the toilet. :smith: I was so worried that it might be you.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

some texas redneck posted:

Good morning Corn!

I thought I saw you last night in the toilet. :smith: I was so worried that it might be you.

It's corn in the fridge, not corn in the toilet!! Unless you have a toilet in your fridge.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

freelop posted:

There should be a german word for the smug feeling you get when someone overtakes you like an rear end in a top hat and speeds off only to be made to wait at the next set of traffic lights until you casually arrive behind them.

For the record I was doing the speed limit down a 30mph single lane road when 2 cars that were hanging on to my tail decided to zoom past only to be stuck waiting for me further down the road.

Schadenfreude seems appropriate for this situation. Or maybe autoselbstgefälligkeit. Vehicular smugness, which I'm pretty sure I mangled horribly.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Figures it would be effexor. It's one of the strongest SSRIs (and also pretty old school).

The withdrawal from it is horrific enough that I refuse to even try it. I'm pretty content with Celexa.

the withdrawals have sent me to the er before its pretty scary (been on a massive dose for 10 years now) hoping to change to something else but i've been hoping for like 3 years now.

also if daytime drinking is wrong i dont want to be right.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Raluek posted:

It's corn in the fridge, not corn in the toilet!! Unless you have a toilet in your fridge.

Corn in the fridge generally winds up as corn in my stomach (along with a little salt, pepper, and butter). Which generally winds up as corn in the toilet.

My point is I'm glad I didn't eat corn in the fridge today.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
that thing in Bangkok is some hosed up poo poo for sure. The missus and i have been trying to sort out a holiday for next month but can't seem to find somewhere that you'd feel safe especially after that whole Tunisia thing. Greece? No. Turkey? No. Morocco? Def not. Egypt? You've got to be kidding. We just got back from Croatia last month which was cool and good, but any further afield begins to get a bit too pricey. Maybe we'll just spend a week in Ireland. Nobody wants to bomb Ireland right?? :v:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
thank you for not eating me str

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Cross posting from the 'POS because I know AI has a lot of tech jockeys

Hahahaha what the gently caress dude. You can't just hamfist computers apart like you can with cars. Computers are not made from steel.

But yeah you should be able to just plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse and it should work fine.

In other news, I want a VW Phaeton.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Look, I totally understand that now, despite somehow still not fully grasping the concept after both the first laptop, and the tiny, tiny box of shame containing what used to be my iphone.

Oh god. I'm an electronics serial killer aren't i

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

My girlfriend got me tickets for our anniversary to see 2001: A Space Odyssey screened at Hollywood Bowl, scored live by the LA Philharmonic + orchestral group for the crazy parts

Hollywood Bowl lets you BYOB for things like these, plus they do park & ride... all that to be said I've had so much wine help

P.S. The Blue Danube is the finest piece of music ever written

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 19, 2015

blk
Dec 19, 2009
A lot of bikes run stop signs in my town.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also mustard let's be fair the evidence clearly shows I absolutely can ham fist a computer apart

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Wow.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hello

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

the transfer rate of the SSD in my desktop is roughly 450MB/sec, which works out to a little under half a gigabit per second.

uh, unless your SSD is from somewhere around 2009, that's 450megaBYTES per second, which is approximately 4.5-5 gigabits per second. Multiply by ten for rough guess etc.
Modern SATA SSDs completely flood the 6gbps you get out of SATA III, and PCIe SSDs can hit 20+gbps all on their own.

The good news is your current wiring will probably run 10gbps just fine if none of the runs are particularly short, especially by the time it trickles down to consumer. I can run 10gbps over the ~30m lengths of twenty year old CAT5 in our walls and it works just fine (borrowed some gear from dad's office, stupid fast...)

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Anyone know a good subaru guy in Houston? My driver's side headgasket is weeping oil. Oh subaru with your EJ25's :allears:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

quote:

Weed info

Thanks guys, good to know it's a legit option. Really annoying as gently caress it's not even decriminalised here - but to be honest if it really works and helps improve my life via pain relief then laws be damned.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
god, my legs hurts from yesterdays bike ride.

my cancer treatment is going great tho, if everything goes to plan i only have 4 weeks of radiation left, then a 12week chemo and then...i should be done.

my not being crazy treatment is also going kinda ok, therapy really helps.

Our startup business is really going balls out. or, two of us are doing great and our third partner is...doing gently caress all. last week he did 12 hours of billable work. and since we take out pay based on billables that should not be an issue, problem is that i am working on one major contract that eats all my time, and work is stacking up for the two others due to one of them being so..slow. me being away probably did not help the situation, but in honest. the contract i work on is very long term and the only one i was hurting work wise with my "gone crazy" break was my self.

but in lighter news. i have been cleared medically to work proper firefighter shifts again, and will be doing a 50% shift load for the FD from next week. i cant wait to be back doing what i love.

oh, and also. i ate fresh baked bread with goat cheese for breakfast, alongside two glasses of orange juice.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

fjelltorsk posted:

oh, and also. i ate fresh baked bread with goat cheese for breakfast, alongside two glasses of orange juice.

Wouldn't happen to be the brown caramelly variety, would it? :)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

hello

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

track day bro! posted:

hello

lol

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I had corn on the cob last night. The leftovers are in the fridge.

I now have corn in the fridge.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

14 INCH SLIT posted:

You're not on book time when you're fixing a laptop dude.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

track day bro! posted:

hello

What's the story here?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

meatpimp posted:

What's the story here?

BC getting probated for low-effort posting, most likely.

Bape Culture's rap sheet posted:

PROBATION 08/07/15 06:08pm Bape Culture I realize the chat thread is no-man's land, but come on. Hitting the post button shouldn't be your greatest expenditure of effort. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Truth. If Verizon was sticking around, I wouldn't be surprised to see gigabit here in the next few years, but they sold all of their wireline services (which includes FiOS) in Texas to Frontier - which means there will never be any form of infrastructure upgrades done, ever.* (former Frontier employee here)

I don't plan on needing 10GbE, it's just be nice to have the wiring in place. I'd just need a new punch down block, new switch, and new patch cables (probably CAT6 certified keystones too). I plan to move every PC's primary stuff to a SSD (backed up to an internal HDD, plus a cheap NAS), and it seems transferring files from my SSD-equipped PC is capable of making two computers in the house just fall over and curl up in the corner bawling. And in theory, that should only come halfway to maxing out the connection to each system; the transfer rate of the SSD in my desktop is roughly 450MB/sec, which works out to a little under half a gigabit per second. Even the ancient Pentium 4 2.8 in the next room has onboard Gigabit, but just running speedtest.net's speed test makes the PC completely unusable for about a minute.

edit: I know there's some home theater nerds in here. Still moving forward with the plan to move the TV to another wall. Really stupid question, but what color keystone jacks would you go with to make it obvious they're not meant for actual ethernet? I was thinking orange or green; everything else that's already wired is blue or white (and I still have a box full of blue and white keystone jacks). I'll be using the typical HDMI <-> ethernet <-> HDMI adapters.

2nd edit: when we got our computer "upgrade" at work, they left self-stick cat5 jacks stuck to the ceiling, which promptly fell off thanks to all the grease - despite there being keystone jacks with unused ports literally next to most of them. Boss is going to pay me to go in on my day off and either wire that poo poo to the existing (or new, since I have at least 15 or so of them here) keystones if I can, or if it's an area without an existing jack, just install a new wall plate with an old work trim ring behind it (since they'd be in the ceiling tiles). The mess is driving both myself and my boss crazy. There's so many jacks labeled "data" in the store that are likely not hooked up to anything; it was built in the early 80s, so they're likely CAT3, if that, and probably not hooked up to anything anymore. I'm going to have to come up with some kind of invoice to bill the company with, no way in hell am I doing this on my normal hourly wage.

We need to figure out what the gently caress the breakers in the store do too. 3 breaker panels, one of which is almost 100% doubles. But the panels are so (physically) hot that I'm honestly afraid to touch any breakers without turning them off from smallest to largest, probably with a very long broom handle; I figure I'd get a nice BBQ arc flash otherwise. Electric meter shows a nearly 180 amp draw, when we have 100 amp service... pretty sure the subpanels bypass the main breaker.

You got bit and byte mixed up. Gigabit maxes at 125MB/s. Your ssd is nearly 4 times faster than Gigabit.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It wasn't even a low effort post really it was just cause I was winding up some sad whiny regular who no doubt reported me lol

The moderating itf is inconsistent at best but nevermind. You get the forum you deserve. Which is why basically nobody in this forum does anything remotely cool except for Arabic Nurburgring crew which I think was supposed to be a dig somehow?

Thanks

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Bape Culture posted:

It wasn't even a low effort post really it was just cause I was winding up some sad whiny regular who no doubt reported me lol

The moderating itf is inconsistent at best but nevermind. You get the forum you deserve. Which is why basically nobody in this forum does anything remotely cool except for Arabic Nurburgring crew which I think was supposed to be a dig somehow?

Thanks

Well no one can fit any good posts in between you trying to decide which boot lid you should keep or what color your fenders should be.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Geoj posted:

BC getting probated for low-effort posting, most likely.

track day bro! has been probated for it before too

quote:

PROBATION 12/03/14 02:06pm track day bro! Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lightbulb Out posted:

Well no one can fit any good posts in between you trying to decide which boot lid you should keep or what color your fenders should be.

...this was at least a month ago. Do you not visit often?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

88h88 posted:

...this was at least a month ago. Do you not visit often?

Don't let creating basically a brand new chassis get in the way of tepid burns mate!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
A true Renaissance man: poo poo posting and basically creating a brand new chassis

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Phone posted:

A true Renaissance man: poo poo posting and basically creating a brand new chassis

Whereas you poo poo post and don't even have a car? Cool beans. Insanity indeed.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Have you, corn in the fridge, and track day bro! considered getting a goddamn room and lemonpartying it up over there instead of aggressively shitposting every thread you idiots circlejerk in? Seriously, I'm reasonably sure the rest of AI just wants you all to shut the gently caress up with your drivel. You've all gone from just being idiot hellaflushers to intentionally being tards and your rap sheets already show it, but for some reason IOC is just slapping you fuckers on the wrist instead of actually doing something about it. Well, here's your response, because I no longer give enough of a gently caress to worry about getting probated over it. If that's the way things are going here, I'm not sure what the point is, I can read this kind of bullshit in BYOB and GBS if I want to.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

kastein posted:

Have you, corn in the fridge, and track day bro! considered getting a goddamn room and lemonpartying it up over there instead of aggressively shitposting every thread you idiots circlejerk in? Seriously, I'm reasonably sure the rest of AI just wants you all to shut the gently caress up with your drivel. You've all gone from just being idiot hellaflushers to intentionally being tards and your rap sheets already show it, but for some reason IOC is just slapping you fuckers on the wrist instead of actually doing something about it. Well, here's your response, because I no longer give enough of a gently caress to worry about getting probated over it. If that's the way things are going here, I'm not sure what the point is, I can read this kind of bullshit in BYOB and GBS if I want to.

Nice meltdown

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

kastein posted:

I figured that CITF was actually just a BYOB troll who was more subtle than the ones we usually get. I've already got Bape Culture on ignore, so all his poo poo's filtered out. Just ignore them all and wait for IOC to get tired of their poo poo.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bape Culture posted:

Whereas you poo poo post and don't even have a car? Cool beans. Insanity indeed.

I don't have a car? News to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Based on their probations, I can't imagine why they are not welcome here :allears:

Phone posted:

I don't have a car? News to me.

Bank Repo :smuggo:

• Locked thread