Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

newtestleper posted:

No, just because the judges took a capricious, unearned, yet surprisingly vicious dislike to you.

That certainly saves a few steps!

newtestleper posted:

GREED

a particular food, in a particular time, in a particular place

And thank you for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

skwidmonster posted:

So I'm gonna go ahead and yoink all of these and say do your worst, gently caress nuggets, cuz I'm a loose cannon with nothing to lose.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

skwidmonster posted:

So hi there
I pretty much need one gently caress of an entry this time. I mean, not that I give a poo poo about TD's good graces, but if I have a reputation I'd at least like to be the guy who's an rear end in a top hat because he's an rear end in a top hat and not a no-show. So I'm gonna go ahead and yoink all of these and say do your worst, gently caress nuggets, cuz I'm a loose cannon with nothing to lose.

*YOINK*

I'll see you sweet little babies Monday.

Try it and the only thing you're gonna be writing is your obituary.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
FACT: Anyone on team greed who takes less than three flash rules is a phony, and might be better off switching to a lame team, like gluttony.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Sloth is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Sloth you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the Sloth motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Obliterati posted:

Screaming Idiot, get your toxx down or flee into the night.

*hurls down a :toxx: before running naked into the darkened woods, dick a-flappin' in the breeze, a trail of glitter sparkling in his wake*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bye

anime was right fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 27, 2015

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Broenheim posted:

Sloth is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Sloth you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the Sloth motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Team Sloth represent. Chillest team.

~WeLandedOnTheMoon!420Kush

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah okay, in.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Yeah okay, in.

LUST

all my little somethings

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Team Sloth represent. Chillest team.

~WeLandedOnTheMoon!420Kush

i was gonna empty-quote this. you know, to concur your point. then i realized broham is on our team and i realized we're not the chillest team. more like the team with the most gaybos.

bro, ima let you keep your poo poo prompt (because it is poo poo; as referenced by its own title "poo poo prompt") but i offer you my prompt, anyway. come at me, you dirty redacted. let's go head-to-head on this poo poo.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

epoch. posted:

i was gonna empty-quote this. you know, to concur your point. then i realized broham is on our team and i realized we're not the chillest team. more like the team with the most gaybos.

bro, ima let you keep your poo poo prompt (because it is poo poo; as referenced by its own title "poo poo prompt") but i offer you my prompt, anyway. come at me, you dirty redacted. let's go head-to-head on this poo poo.

but sloths are super chill, but you know what, how about this, if the judges deem my story worse then yours, I will not only give you a line-by-line, but I will write AND do a dramatic reading of my cyberpunk merman story I promised to Kaishai

im not using your flash rule because im lazy btw

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Jitzu_the_Monk posted:

"Peccantem me quotidie et non penitentem. Timor mortis conturbat me, quia in inferno nulla est redemptio." (I do sin daily and don't repent. The fear of death disturbs me, for in hell there is no redemption)

SLOTH

When this is not, that is not
This ceasing, that ceases.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jitzu_the_Monk posted:

"Peccantem me quotidie et non penitentem. Timor mortis conturbat me, quia in inferno nulla est redemptio." (I do sin daily and don't repent. The fear of death disturbs me, for in hell there is no redemption)

GLUTTONY
cramming it in fistfuls

^^ take both of these sins

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Team Sloth is always open for new members.

Low and Slow, Baby

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sitting Here posted:

The (literally) ragtag group of rebels go and take on TA-L0S (I’m choosing to believe this is an Elder Scrolls reference), rescue dad (who will have sorted out some sort of anti-evil-robot device), and defeat the bad robots. It’s all very neat and predictable, and that’s why it doesn’t really stand alone as a flash piece.

C'mon, I even mentioned he looked like a bronze statue! :smith:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Right, and I made the willful choice to think of a video game instead. Who do you think you're dealing with here???

I am going to take this opportunity to surreptitiously quote myself though.

Sitting Here posted:

:siren: here's a thing :siren:

Last week myself, Ironic Twist, Djeser, and :swoon: Kaishai :swoon: did a recap of Week 157 (robot week).

Right now these recordings are meant to be additional critique/running commentary on Thunderdome. Like the ESPN of lovely stories. I'm hesitant to call what we have a "podcast" at this point, but I'm hoping we can grow in that direction. If anyone is good at audio/recording, scripting, or general podcast things, I would love your input. Pop into #Thunderdome on synIRC and lemme know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/sittinghere/thunderdome-week-157-recap

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

:siren:Any goons who received a negative mention during weeks 157 (Robots) or 158 (Pokemon) will receive a thorough crit from me if they enter into this week*:siren:

*Domer must actually claim the crit though, because I don't want to crit a story if someone doesn't want it.

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

I, Benny Profane, do proclaim that amongst the tales of lust that shall be submitted this week, mine shall be the lustiest, and shall provoke within the unwashed cheeto-dust-encrusted jorts of the judges an unfamiliar yet pleasing stirring of the loins.

As for my fellow libidinous scribes, their woeful tales of amorous misadventure will bear the malodour of poorly crafted slash fiction. The next time the judges feel the stirrings of romance, they shall be reminded of some supremely unsexy detail present within these lesser tales, their erotic mood shall be spoiled, and they shall curse the names of those degenerate authors aloud.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Benny Profane posted:

I, Benny Profane, do proclaim that amongst the tales of lust that shall be submitted this week, mine shall be the lustiest, and shall provoke within the unwashed cheeto-dust-encrusted jorts of the judges an unfamiliar yet pleasing stirring of the loins.

look man as long as your story has giant robots in it i will jerk my gherkin to it and send you the photos as established in the letter i mailed you

you know, the one written entirely with letters clipped out of various magazines with the attached polaroid of a decaying raccoon

:siren:Any goons who received a negative mention during weeks 157 (Robots) or 158 (Pokemon) will receive a thorough crit from me if they enter into this week*:siren:

*Domer must actually claim the crit though, because I don't want to crit a story if someone doesn't want it.

Also I'll take this if you don't mind; thanks in advance for the effort.

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
I'm just gonna say this once: If your lust story gives me an actual boner, I will give you a line-by-line critique of anything you loving want that you have written*

* up to 5,000 words.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

I'd like that, please. :)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

epoch. posted:

I'm just gonna say this once: If your lust story gives me an actual boner, I will give you a line-by-line critique of anything you loving want that you have written

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

epoch. posted:

I'm just gonna say this once: If your lust story gives me an actual boner, I will give you a line-by-line critique of anything you loving want that you have written*

* up to 5,000 words.

Here loving here. If any of you sweaty nerds can pop my bone (honor system) I'll write a minimum 1000 word slashfic inspired by your story and post it in thread.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That challenge applies to all sins.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Challenge another goon to a brawl to grab their flash rule, if it's not your sin.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
guh

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

WRATH
bullets are the beauty of the blistering sky

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I've been challenged to sign up so I guess I will tentatively say I'm in, but I don't have a lot of time to do it right this week!

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
In :toxx: If any of you even dreams of beating me, ya better wake up and apologize.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
In with a :toxx:

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hey, I don't even know what sin or flash rule you're going to get, but I'm already just positively green with envy for you, already imagining how you're going to use it to weave a fantastic tale.

wait no sorry that's just me trying not to vomit at the thought of your story, oops

Whatever it is, I want your flash. Brawl, motherfucker. (:toxx: and all)

more blood

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I don't know how it is with these other sins, but lust isn't about tearing people apart. It's about bringing people together, as filthily as possible.

And so, I offer this pledge. Any of my Lust-Buddies who enters into an unholy union (what the unlusty might refer to as a "brawl") with some other sinner will receive a critique from me, of either your entry this week or your brawl piece.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Thyrork - I got a letter this mornin, how do you reckon it read? It said, 'Hurry, hurry, yeah, your love is dead
WeLandedOnTheMoon! - gently caress it; good enough

:geno: I think I'll use this as well. Maybe.

If I put effort into my poo poo talking, I wouldn't be very slothful would I?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

sebmojo posted:

LUST
spectres of auitism - innocence remains

You know, I originally thought I would be sated with my own rule, but this is simply irresistible. I'll have it.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
For Pootie Tang:

sebmojo posted:

GREED
this one will be the one that changes everything after that, no more

Doesn't feel right to be in team Wrath and not try and get into a Brawl this week, so I'll fight you for this one, Pootie Tang.

:toxx: for the brawl, if you're hard enough.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

I've been challenged to sign up so I guess I will tentatively say I'm in, but I don't have a lot of time to do it right this week!

GLUTTONY

beautiful beautiful beautiful skin

SlipUp posted:

In :toxx: If any of you even dreams of beating me, ya better wake up and apologize.

PRIDE

Lion-hearted foppishness

GREED

Diamonds in the rain on my windshield

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Sitting Here posted:

SlipUp
PRIDE
Lion-hearted foppishness

YOINKS, because let's be honest, I'm going to do it way better than you could ever hope to.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
In like something that rhymes with "in", I can't think of anything atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bye

anime was right fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 27, 2015