Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hair Is Spiders
Aug 15, 2015

by Ralp

Wally Joyner posted:

Finally got my car back on the road after too many years on jack-stands and I got around to adding some miles on it.

That is a very clean looking Rambler. Got anymore pics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Yes I do! Happy you all enjoy it.
I might as well make a thread shortly with some general info, my history with it and future plans. Then I can talk about my weirdo brother and his wrenching too.
Here are some other pictures to hold you over.

Outside the garage for the 1st time in 10 years

To celebrate I took the dogs for a midnight drive

If you know the Jeep 4.0l then you should know the 232 is it's grandpa. It fathered the 258 which in turn became a parent to the 4.0l

Cars

stone soup fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 18, 2015

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

You're hiding something. Would you like to share it with the class?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Could it be... Black Gold?

So lavishly appointed there are virtually no options.

e: Well, it probably isn't, the hood isn't the right colour.

Hair Is Spiders
Aug 15, 2015

by Ralp

Is it all original? And has it ever seen a resto? Or did it somehow make it this long that cleanly?

Also show pics of the 240z you are trying to hide.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Could it be... Black Gold?

It's white and blue

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I dig single stage paint

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Voltage posted:

Nice car, but you really should have opted for the front and rear bumper package.

Thought I'd let you see the bumpers, saved a little money by getting them as a dealer installed option, they look pretty good once I got them installed...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
Goodbye Defender, hello new old Discovery

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Q_res posted:

Thought I'd let you see the bumpers, saved a little money by getting them as a dealer installed option, they look pretty good once I got them installed...

Hey, welcome to the club! Is yours a premium? Any plans for it?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah, it's a Premium. For now, I'm happy with her stock. Maybe an axle-back exhaust in the future.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Q_res posted:

Yeah, it's a Premium. For now, I'm happy with her stock.
Enjoy that week. Then you see how many parts and upgrades and cosmetic stuff there is out there and youll never stop.

Threash
May 18, 2003

republic posted:

Just had a tint done and fitted some new LED taillights that came in the other week.

The images don't do justice to just how bright they are.

I'm real pleased with the results!

Edit: Replaced with non-enormous filesize versions.

Where did you get those tail lights? They look really nice.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

wigbot v2.0 posted:

Goodbye Defender, hello new old Discovery

I love the poo poo out of these.
All I ever hear from owners is bitching though. Please give us good stories :ohdear:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

They are seriously good looking trucks and part of me will always kind of want one.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Im surprised that Its Always Sunny went with a range rover for a main characters car. Seems random.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Cage posted:

Im surprised that Its Always Sunny went with a range rover for a main characters car. Seems random.

I'm not, its so Dennis.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Cage posted:

It's a show about a bunch of severely broken, dysfunctional people. A Range Rover is the perfect choice.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Half of the shows budget goes to keeping it running.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Went to see the the 25th anniverasary race of Historic Race Finland and parked next to another GTV.

Picture galleries from the race:
http://senna.galleria.fi/kuvat/AUTOT+JA+MOOTTORIURHEILU/2015/Ahvenisto+-+Historic+Grand+Race+2015+16.08.2015/
http://canonfotopalvelu.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Historic+Grand+Race+15-16.8+2015/

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Dennis drives the Rover to try and appear more wealthy than he is.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Dennis drives the Rover to try and appear more wealthy than he is.

Some say the same thing about people that drive a Hyundai with a huge bank note.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Literally everyone knows I am poor.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I love the poo poo out of these.
All I ever hear from owners is bitching though. Please give us good stories :ohdear:

er, well, the rear offside is sagging somehow, it judders under load at 3k rpm, the passenger front window keeps jumping off the runner and falling into the door, there's a squeak somewhere up front, the dash creaks and it has an awkward tyre size which not many people make. General Grabber AT's are pretty much my only option.

I do like it so far though, and it's miles ahead of my old Defender. I can arrive at work on a rainy day dry in this Land Rover. I also saved £2k from the sale of the 90 and purchase of this.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

wigbot v2.0 posted:

er, well, the rear offside is sagging somehow, it judders under load at 3k rpm, the passenger front window keeps jumping off the runner and falling into the door, there's a squeak somewhere up front, the dash creaks and it has an awkward tyre size which not many people make. General Grabber AT's are pretty much my only option.

I do like it so far though, and it's miles ahead of my old Defender. I can arrive at work on a rainy day dry in this Land Rover. I also saved £2k from the sale of the 90 and purchase of this.

WAIT THE SUNROOF DOESN'T LEAK? WHAT THE gently caress?!?!
You've got a unicorn, bro.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

WAIT THE SUNROOF DOESN'T LEAK? WHAT THE gently caress?!?!
You've got a unicorn, bro.

Yeahh booii. Although I did leave the sunroof open last night during the torrential downpours and have been sitting in a puddle all day.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

wigbot v2.0 posted:

If it's a 7 seater then it'll have airbag suspension on the rear, a leaking airbag or faulty height sensor would explain the sagging. Not sure about the juddering but I know you can get remolded tyres in those sizes for a lot cheaper than new sets and they'll last just as long, ideal for offroad use.

If you're worried about squeaks and little things like the windows falling out, just remind yourself that you bought yourself a landrover.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
Haven't posted my stupid car in a while so here's my stupid car.

crutt fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 20, 2015

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

crutt posted:

Sexy. Just sexy. loving love those things. Too bad any up north here are rusted to poo poo :(

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

crutt posted:

Neat. Stout rear bumper. Looks like that tire carrier folds down flat into a deck of sorts?

e: or is that a latch I'm seeing and it swings to the side like a gate?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

crutt posted:

Supercharged? :ohdear:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

crutt posted:

Well on it's way to survive the water wars.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
The rear tire carrier swings out, not supercharged but I'm always looking to buy one, and yes needs more guzzoline

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Now paint it flat black like your wagon.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hello this is my car

2013 Fiat Abarth

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ehud posted:

hello this is my car

2013 Fiat Abarth

Hey there, Abarth buddy. Still loving my 13 abarth cabrio.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

eyebeem posted:

Hey there, Abarth buddy. Still loving my 13 abarth cabrio.

:hfive:

It's a cool and good car. Getting the itch to do a couple of things to it soon. Looking at intake and ECU mods. You done anything to yours?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

DoLittle posted:

Went to see the the 25th anniverasary race of Historic Race Finland and parked next to another GTV.

Picture galleries from the race:
http://senna.galleria.fi/kuvat/AUTOT+JA+MOOTTORIURHEILU/2015/Ahvenisto+-+Historic+Grand+Race+2015+16.08.2015/
http://canonfotopalvelu.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Historic+Grand+Race+15-16.8+2015/

Ungh, I have the biggest boner right now. I love me some GTVs.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

hello this is my car

2013 Fiat Abarth

Your avatar brings me seemingly endless amusement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I still haven't made a thread, but i did this thing which may or may not be serious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uMAq959ED0

1BBLCARB SUPREMACY