Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
"Think I'd rather not try to make friends with the good players that do post in this thread I'm participating in"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I asked multiple times and no one got back to me, and there's usually at most 1-2 people in the crew still playing PS4 version, so yeah

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
There are like sets of pages where none of the PC players post because the PS4 crew is having their turn in here to get their rocks off. Look more!

I just want us all to play together in this fun game.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Believe me, me too! But there's only ever 1 or 2 goons on PS4 when I check and pubbies suck all the fun out of it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Differo Cathedra posted:

Also, I would actually play more GTA online if it was not such a grind to get any significant amount of money. Its so obviously designed to get people to spend real money that it actively discourages me from playing it at all.

I guess that's true if you want everything in one night. Or not true at all if you enjoy the game with a few friends and easily rack up the millions needed for a T20 or a tank over a few days. Idiot.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
The butthurt is strong in this thread

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Salty Butthurt

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I guess that's true if you want everything in one night. Or not true at all if you enjoy the game with a few friends and easily rack up the millions needed for a T20 or a tank over a few days. Idiot.

How much can you reasonably expect to earn in, say, an hour? In optimal conditions, as a rough dollar estimate? Doing which jobs or heists? Because I'm struggling to see how you could afford a tank in 'a few days' unless you don't have a job, a social life and other video games to play.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

How much can you reasonably expect to earn in, say, an hour? In optimal conditions, as a rough dollar estimate? Doing which jobs or heists? Because I'm struggling to see how you could afford a tank in 'a few days' unless you don't have a job, a social life and other video games to play.

Easily 500k per hour. Pacific Standard heists.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Yeah, things are pretty dead in this game on the Xbox One side of things for finding Goons to play with.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hows it feel knowing we dont care

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Easily 500k an hour. Playing the same mission. Over and over again. With people who constantly fail or quit. So actually not really.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Oddly enough, I would gladly trade in my T20 and the rest of my super cars just to get the cop lights on my Stanier and Granger.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

There are a few things that put me on the "gently caress Rockstar" side of this debate. I'm not going to disagree with "gently caress hackers", particularly when hackers are being uninventive, thoughtless children on a power trip, but I don't hold them accountable for the issues with the game. The best way to explain it is using Saint's Row.

Saint's Row is loving ludicrous, but more importantly, it's a sandbox that doesn't give a drat about limitations. You start off a cheap punk with no promise except an unending potential for destruction. You beat down the rest of the city bit by bit, taking over, earning a bigger income, unlocking better stuff, becoming more powerful and more unkillable, until the end where you are so tough you will walk into gunfire just to punch a cop in the face, and you're so rich you can grab any car off the street, paint it neon pink, give it spiked wheels and turbo, and then jump it off a cliff and into the ocean, never to be seen again. And you don't give a drat. You fought your way to the top, and now you're there, you can do what you like.

GTA Online has way too many limitations. The player isn't allowed to do an awful lot of things, in a video game about breaking the rules. Things that aren't even unreasonable for a multiplayer game. You can't steal expensive cars, or cop cars, in a game about stealing cars. You can't change your appearance, in a game set in a caricature of Hollywood. And after a year of running lovely jobs for people higher up the food chain, you've killed more people than the entire population of Los Santos, you've blown up more vehicles than a Michael Bay movie, and you're still running the same lovely jobs for the same lovely people, in a game about making a name for yourself. And there's no reward for carrying on with the "story". Your income is still capped at the same dollars-per-minute ratio regardless of which missions you do and how far you've progressed, which makes progression meaningless, particularly when you've already reached the level where you stop unlocking upgrades for things, and at that point it stops being fun outside the joy of dicking around with people, which is a thing that makes a whole ton of irredeemable games fun.

Just... if there was a little more freedom. If there was a little more craziness, a little more unrestrained fun. If there wasn't an entire year between launch and heists, and if there was a little more actual content in between.

TheDarkFlame fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 20, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

OhsH posted:

Hows it feel knowing we dont care

I was replying to a direct question, hows it feel knowing your contributing nothing?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, things are pretty dead in this game on the Xbox One side of things for finding Goons to play with.

Aardmania, Abilfier, Stevo McQueen and myself play quite regularly. There are some other goons who I can't remember that play every now and then too.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
One huge issue that gets glossed over is that there's nothing to do after you hit level 120. Why bothering playing if you're working towards nothing? It flies in the face of video game logic since they were created. You play to "level up" and once you hit level 120 in this game there's not a thing to work towards.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 20, 2015

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Which is pretty much why I don't play as much as I used to. When Rockstar finally let us own another property I'll sign on, fill it up with new cars and run some missions to get some of the millions back but then that'll pretty much be it.

There needs to be more content for higher level players, but then people will just complain and say "Why do I need to be level 200 to [insert something to either own or do here]? That's stupid!".

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's weird that they made the Dubsta 6x6 the only rank-restricted car for some arbitrary reason...like they were going to start doing it more often but then got scared.

StabMasterArson posted:

Believe me, me too! But there's only ever 1 or 2 goons on PS4 when I check and pubbies suck all the fun out of it.

I'll assist you friend.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I was replying to a direct question, hows it feel knowing your contributing nothing?

Feels the same as everyday

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

It's weird that they made the Dubsta 6x6 the only rank-restricted car for some arbitrary reason...like they were going to start doing it more often but then got scared.

I'm still not sure why they made the Dubsta 6x6 Level 100, but the loving tank is only Level 70 :psyduck:

And the Buzzard isn't even level locked! (Last I checked, anyways)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Its locked to level 43 or something I though

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Its locked to level 43 or something I though

Yeah, you're right, Level 43. Still, that's even weirder. You can buy the best attack helicopter in the game and a tank by the time you hit Level 70, but not a 6x6 offroader that is gimmicky at best and not entirely useful.

e: Hell, Heist poo poo is unlocked upon completion of the various setup missions, so you could theoretically be somewhere around Level 15 - 20 and have a Hydra and Insurgent guntruck, but not a Dubsta 6x6. Rockstar :psyduck:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 20, 2015

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Capn Beeb posted:

Also I still have that cannot complete missions bug. Went searching around, and found this reddit post that has a fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GTAVPCSUPPORT/comments/366pqk/cant_finish_missions_from_contacts_in_gta_online/

It works consistently, which is cool and all. Still no idea what the gently caress causes it, though. :sigh:

That happened to me, and the solution was to restart my PC. Something-something-memory-leaks.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

T1g4h posted:

I'm still not sure why they made the Dubsta 6x6 Level 100, but the loving tank is only Level 70 :psyduck:

I would assume because they introduced the Dubsta late, and needed something to offer higher ranked players. The offered a lot of cool stuff at launch like the tank - even the heist vehicles aren't level locked. Maybe they are out of ideas. Someone tweet this thread to them.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:
Is there any actual benefit to that ugly rear end dubsta? I'm close enough to getting a tank, excitement fills me!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Holiday Lobster posted:

Is there any actual benefit to that ugly rear end dubsta? I'm close enough to getting a tank, excitement fills me!

It's relatively quick, handles "well", and hits very hard but it isn't going to win any races. It looks amazing though, so you take that back mister

E: but yeah, I've been crying about the lack of content for high-level players for a long time. I don't think I've unlocked anything since 2013.

Give us a new weapon or vehicle behind a ridiculous level requirement and watch everybody cry

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

titties posted:

It's relatively quick, handles "well", and hits very hard but it isn't going to win any races. It looks amazing though, so you take that back mister

E: but yeah, I've been crying about the lack of content for high-level players for a long time. I don't think I've unlocked anything since 2013.

Give us a new weapon or vehicle behind a ridiculous level requirement and watch everybody cry

The problem is, it doesn't hit nearly as hard as the Insurgent SUV. That thing is an absolute tank, can take 4 or 5 RPG rounds before exploding, and it will climb anything.

There's basically no reason to get the Dubsta 6x6 if you're even remotely capable of doing Humane Labs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I only ever play GTAO when I see at least two other Xboners online playing it already. I'm never the first guy to put in the disc unless I'm going to buy a car and kit it out.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

FuturePastNow posted:

That happened to me, and the solution was to restart my PC. Something-something-memory-leaks.

Yeah that fixes it for me as well, but then it creeps right back in at random. Thought for a while it was tripped by installing games as that showed some signs of consistency, but I installed a couple games, tried GTA, it worked. Then over night the drat bug came back :psyduck:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I'll soon be a movie star...

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Nice try. Pacstandard gives you about 250,000 per run on hard, with the fair payout rate (40/20/20/20 -- don't forget the heist leader doesn't get setup mission reward cash), assuming there's no significant losses. It also takes far more than an hour to run it. This time goes up if anyone dies, which does happen to even the best players, since that triggers a mission restart. Also factor in crashes or people leaving the mission, which also triggers a restart. It's also extremely boring to run that heist after the first 5 times: 2 heist members get to do nothing but shoot around the bank lobby for 10 minutes, and 3 people later have nothing to do but sit in a car for the 10 minute escape.

You were saying?

edit: Oh, and we do the entire heist together as a group - we don't skip to the finales

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 21, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'm beginning to think he doesn't even play the game

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

titties posted:

I'm beginning to think he doesn't even play the game

Pretty sure he just in it for the jokes. :rolleye:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Kelly posted:

Pretty sure he just in it for the jokes. :rolleye:

You're a rabid anti-dentite!

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Despite all the hate shark cards get, they're actually far more time-efficient than mission grinding, for the more expensive vehicles at least:

(Yes, I was bored.)

This is based off of minimum wage, not counting taxes and tips.

Not that it matters to us on PC, since we're ruining our immersion with hacker money anyway

"but user you're listing the best cars with a 0.00001% performance increase or novelty vehicles that you don't really need to enjoy the game!"
Feltzer.

Congrats, you jerks made me turn GTAO into a spreadsheet game.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 21, 2015

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

well this might be the thing to draw me back.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

UserErr0r posted:

Nice try. Pacstandard gives you about 250,000 per run on hard, with the fair payout rate (40/20/20/20 -- don't forget the heist leader doesn't get setup mission reward cash), assuming there's no significant losses. It also takes far more than an hour to run it. This time goes up if anyone dies, which does happen to even the best players, since that triggers a mission restart. Also factor in crashes or people leaving the mission, which also triggers a restart. It's also extremely boring to run that heist after the first 5 times: 2 heist members get to do nothing but shoot around the bank lobby for 10 minutes, and 3 people later have nothing to do but sit in a car for the 10 minute escape.

You were saying?

edit: Oh, and we do the entire heist together as a group - we don't skip to the finales

My crew and I spent some time during the weeklong bonus for Pacific sussing out the best tactics. It's possible to beat it in like 1 hour and 15-30 minutes or so, with speed. Enough that we've ran it multiple times in a night just because.

First part's easy, just have the navigators drive themselves while the drivers dick around. The trucks seem to always start in the same place so once you've got a feel for their route you can find them quick. If you feel cheeky, have one of the drivers sit around on the road with the mall that has a road that goes under it, near the Los Santos Customs place, since the truck you have to steal spawns down that road.

Saving Kramer from the FBI is a wildcard. We bring an armored Kuruma on land all the way out to the bridge beyond Zancudo. There's four sea-doos there you can use and it's close enough that you can literally snipe the helicopter before you even get there (But a shitload of cops spawn on the beach and rush you quick). After that two of us use the sea-doos that spawn to get to the cabin where you stash vehicles in Humane and then climb a hill and hunt helicopters, and two others take Kramer on the police boat to the the Kuruma then drive on the road along the river that the sea-doos take. Usually the Kuruma can just climb the same hill the rocketeers do and wait out the cops right there while rockets keep the 'copters off them and cops are unable to easily climb it, then safely drive Kramer over where he needs to go with like 2 minutes on the clock to spare. This mission is the one that eats up the most time.

Van is insanely easy. We send two dudes in the front and two jack a car to go in the back alley, behind the boxes the rival crew uses as cover. You can't drive past those boxes but the NPCs in there are all setup to use that poo poo as cover so you can shred over half their force with a quick drive-by. After that it's just drive out as normal and we usually waste a couple minutes dicking around blowing up the van in various ways. If you feel like it, you can also park your own vehicles right in front of where you need to go for the fight with the heisters and they won't despawn so you could do it in a Kuruma or Insurgent if you wanted, despite having to drive the van back to the same place.

Convoy is also easy. We just jam up the bridge, then drive a car up the hill and everyone gets behind it as cover (Generally the convoy doesn't even shoot since we're too far away though, but just in case), takes out sniper rifles and has a contest to get the Hind D down before it even gets past the mountains, and then we just snipe everything in the convoy and drive off. One in the truck, three in the Insurgent with gun, everybody drive-bys (Remember, sweep the cabin of a car to basically murder the poo poo out of anything inside). The most dangerous thing here is the truck getting blown up from nuking Merryweather jeeps that get too close, or the helicopter spawns getting close enough to let off a good volley, but they shouldn't because whoever's on the big gun should be going nuts on it and everything around you for the whole second half, especially when you get into town with lots of civvie targets.

Bikes is another super-easy one. The hard part is getting in, which can be solved with a Kuruma or just a lot of murdering. Then just drive out and take the route the game wants you to take, but take the sidewalk instead of the street. You have to drive past some scaffolding, be careful of ramping off a civvie and wiping out, and be careful at street crossings, otherwise you're basically done in like 2 minutes.

For the heist itself, we go in, kill every civvie just for fun and to get NOOSE to spawn. A trick here is only have one person take the money instead of both. One dude can carry the whole amount, and then even if he takes hits it's less risk of losing the money since it just drains from one pool instead of two. Then we blow everything up with two in the front with gatling guns or grenade launchers taking everything possible down before it becomes a threat, money dude behind us a little bit, and one guy with an assault rifle or something behind him killing any spawns to protect the money man. Get to the bikes, and then instead of leaving with them, two dudes without money take them down the street. Turn right from the complex the bikes are at, then left. Down the street there's an unlocked SWAT truck (This isn't there if the alarm isn't rung so you have to get NOOSE called, I think), those two dudes get in the front seats and off you go back to the complex where the moneyman and his protector stayed behind. Back in and let them get in the back. After that, it's just a cruise on down until you get to where the Convoy mission happens. Instead of following Lester's loving dumb plan, turn onto the dirt road and follow the river down until you get to the boat. Drive-by anyone who's too close when you reach the boat and then just drive the truck into the water. After that everyone ditches in the water and gets in the boat, then you're done usually with a few minutes to spare on the clock. The interesting thing here is we've done this plan multiple times without losing a single dollar, although do be aware that cops can sometimes score hits through the back windows of the SWAT truck so the dudes in back are not completely safe. Just make sure they don't open the doors and shoot out, because that's where they're at risk. The two up front are your turrets, the two in back you're keeping safe. I suppose you could also take the highway along the coast instead and just turn off at the same place you would for parking the Kuruma on the beach for saving Kramer, you'd just be approaching the boat from a different angle.

In the end, after we figured that poo poo out it went from one of our least favorite to one of the better heists for us.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 21, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
In what way does a Sadler cost over $100,000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Nintendo Kid posted:

In what way does a Sadler cost over $100,000?

Performance modifications add up in price.

edit: or is that a shark card idiot bait trap as well?

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 21, 2015

• Locked thread