Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Can I get some info? I'm willing to play but I just want to know if there's anything more than just a default ESPN league before I sign up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

How do I join?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

This still makes me sad, because I liked Brian Williams a lot. Reminders again that you shouldn't outright lie about poo poo especially if you are heavily in the public eye.

Yeah. I totally get embellishing stories to make yourself more impressive and don't think it's a huge offense (like it says a lot about you but it's not the worst thing) unless you are literally in a profession that is based on telling stories and personal credibility.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

My game's only two away from starting, and uranus's is only one away, someone please join.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Can I get some info? I'm willing to play but I just want to know if there's anything more than just a default ESPN league before I sign up.

It's just standard except for the playoff window shifted to exclude week 17

TMMadman posted:

How do I join?

you need an espn sign-in and I think it's simple from that point

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

you need an espn sign-in and I think it's simple from that point

there is not a join button, I think you have to send invites for a private league? idk

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Quidnose posted:

I love gilmore girls but i don't know what this means

Yay LUTR! What show?

It's a workshop production of a new play. Gothic thriller with murder, madness, and a few ripped bodices.

I'm filling for someone who dropped out, which is kind of where I shine, and it's a small role, but there's a strong possibility that the show will go on tour next summer, and I'll pretty much never pass up an opportunity to travel on someone else's dime.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

weird, I set it to public, hold on

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I guess I will need emails!

post or pm me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

post or pm me

Received.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 21, 2015

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

sent

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

post or pm me

username at gmail

thanks!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I sent a PM but I also probably won't get around to signing up until the weekend.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I SENT PM

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

YEAH YOU DID

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

should have sent to everyone so far

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I need yet another replacement for my big game, someone speak up!!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I will speak up. . . Notttttttttt

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Look Under The Rock posted:

I got the part

And that movie was creepy

Congrats LUTR!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I just used my brain and it made me very confused

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I got the part to play Keane. All I needed to do was stand around and fart a lot. It was ez.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

busb posted:

I got the part to play Keane. All I needed to do was stand around and fart a lot. It was ez.

What about the sequence where he combines softball and dodgeball into some dangerous super sport

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

What about the sequence where he combines softball and dodgeball into some dangerous super sport

"It's just called dodge. You have to throw underhanded, but the balls are grenades."

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

that was a good sport, but the best sport is actually teppanyaki.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Name your favorite late 80s/early 90s rap song.

Mine is 'Humpty Dance' by Digital Underground. When I was in high school it was the only song I could remember the lyrics to without the music playing.

This is still a favorite of mine to do at karaoke.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's a workshop production of a new play. Gothic thriller with murder, madness, and a few ripped bodices.

I'm filling for someone who dropped out, which is kind of where I shine, and it's a small role, but there's a strong possibility that the show will go on tour next summer, and I'll pretty much never pass up an opportunity to travel on someone else's dime.

How is it you shine when replacing in, that somehow makes you better than when you are there from the start? Is there an added pressure that drives you?

Also, convince them they should do an European leg of the tour and come to Paris.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 21, 2015

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Allen Wren posted:

My game's only two away from starting, and uranus's is only one away, someone please join.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

Sometimes I sit.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How is it you shine when replacing in, that somehow makes you better than when you are there from the start? Is there an added pressure that drives you?

Also, convince them they should do an European leg of the tour and come to Paris.

I am gifted at quick memorization and it doesn't take me long to grok existing group dynamics. The last role I played was one I took over for someone who dropped out a week before the show went to tech. Also people like having me in shows because I am basically the anti-diva. I'm an amazing team player when it comes to theatre; I feel that trust is really important and have been involved with shows that were totally miserable because the director felt that the way to make the show shine was to pit the actors against each other. So when I'm in a show I go out of my way to make sure the cast all has whatever support I can provide.

As far as a European leg of the tour goes, if you have a connection to a theatre in Paris I'll talk to the producer. She already wants to take the play abroad but France wasn't one of the countries she mentioned a connection with.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I am gifted at quick memorization and it doesn't take me long to grok existing group dynamics. The last role I played was one I took over for someone who dropped out a week before the show went to tech. Also people like having me in shows because I am basically the anti-diva. I'm an amazing team player when it comes to theatre; I feel that trust is really important and have been involved with shows that were totally miserable because the director felt that the way to make the show shine was to pit the actors against each other. So when I'm in a show I go out of my way to make sure the cast all has whatever support I can provide.

As far as a European leg of the tour goes, if you have a connection to a theatre in Paris I'll talk to the producer. She already wants to take the play abroad but France wasn't one of the countries she mentioned a connection with.

That's really cool of you. It's hard to believe that actual theater can be at times be like TV where it's super dramatic all the time. Worse, to think that there's people that try to make it purposefully so.

I personally do not have any connections with theaters in Paris. I do know a handful of actors, but they're all pretty flaky and I wouldn't trust them to help me get in touch with the right people. I'll ask around though and see what comes up.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's really cool of you. It's hard to believe that actual theater can be at times be like TV where it's super dramatic all the time. Worse, to think that there's people that try to make it purposefully so.

Yeah it gets pretty bad. Community theatre is especially weird. It gets all inbred, full of people who have been doing shows at the same place for thirty years and feel entitled to whatever they want, and people who are small town talented but believe they could have made it big if that one little thing hadn't gone wrong fifteen years ago or whatever. I get the motivation, you want to feel like you're doing something worthwhile and important, but it sucks the fun out of shows after a while. The whole point of community theatre is that the stakes are low. Relax and actually enjoy it.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

this is the best representation of community theatre I've ever seen

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I used to do community theatre but I haven't had free time in like 10 years and now I'm too much of an anxiety-ridden mess to put myself out there

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Opopanax posted:

I used to do community theatre but I haven't had free time in like 10 years and now I'm too much of an anxiety-ridden mess to put myself out there

Production jobs are my favorite. I have a knack for directing, am a pretty solid producer, and I seriously enjoy stage management. I am comfortable admitting that I enjoy wielding power.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Taste I PMed about fantasy footbal

favorite late 80s early 90s rap song is v hard question though

I was always partial to Rappers Delight. but I think currently my favorite is Players Club by NWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m-gIGGOe7M

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Production jobs are my favorite. I have a knack for directing, am a pretty solid producer, and I seriously enjoy stage management. I am comfortable admitting that I enjoy wielding power.

I did enjoy stagecraft. I'm a terrible carpenter but I still like working with my hands.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

JakeP posted:

I was always partial to Rappers Delight. but I think currently my favorite is Players Club by NWA
uhh that's not a NWA song, it's a rappin 4 tay song

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Taste, I PMd about fantasy football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

HiipFire posted:

uhh that's not a NWA song, it's a rappin 4 tay song

weird, you are right. I think I was confused by a mislabled MP3 or something I downloaded off napster or some poo poo for the last 15 years or so