Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Well shoot.

It felt like I was starting to put some pieces together in the jail doc in front of QPQ, and then bird had to message me!

It was a well played scum game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yay we won.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

The slapfight re: giving out items made it look better.

Birdstrike seemed pretty scummy at the time.

No I didn't ;)

Thanks for running Exakt, it was great being able to throw down multiple Archer & Python jokes in a mafia setting (and I'm pretty sure there was a Frisky Dingo reference in there too!)
Also, you know like, playing with people.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

Also, you know like, playing with people.

Must have been a pleasant change from playing with Australians.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pinterest Mom posted:

Must have been a pleasant change from playing with Australians.

Yeah the biggest difference I found was that not everyone was scum in this game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Could ANarc not give items to scum buddies? That was my theory a couple days ago.

she could, she just didn't because she was nervous. It's the same reason she voted for me instead of revoting you when Exakt nullified her vote (which was a totally bullpoop decision). Still, she did a great job this game, and I am very pleased, not because I had anything to do with it, but because she's going to be more confident in her future scum games and that's really cool.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yayy we won! I really can't believe you all let me live so long. Some of you suspected me from day 1!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yayy we won! I really can't believe you all let me live so long. Some of you suspected me from day 1!
You were so scummy D1 and it was all in your tone.

Does anyone have any retroactive tips on what would've been more convincing?

I made a huge mistake by not compiling my opinion into one post to go together with my vote, but there were soooo many posts where fmpov Anon's tone was blatant. How else could/should've I explained?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

You were so scummy D1 and it was all in your tone.

Does anyone have any retroactive tips on what would've been more convincing?

I made a huge mistake by not compiling my opinion into one post to go together with my vote, but there were soooo many posts where fmpov Anon's tone was blatant. How else could/should've I explained?

I think you could've turned the tide at the end of d1. Your naked quotes of Anarc were really compelling once I read them when I came back to the thread. If you had fought harder I think Anarc goes down.

Sorry about casing you!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Wow, so much false narrative here. If I die before QPQ this game, please kill this scum.

No one believed me about QPQ being scum and Merk being town. And then scum killed me to silence me, and you still didn't think anything of that. :( I started off wrong on a bunch but had QPQ pegged for most of the game, came around on Ecco, and was one of the sole voices of reason on Merk. I feel good about my game even though we lost.

When I came into the deaddoc, I posted this: QPQ, Ecco, Garth, Opop scum team.

Wrong on Garth, but otherwise awesome. :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Scumdoc?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm disappointed in myself because I had a 1 shot doctor bag from the first challenge but didn't think I was a target so didn't use it. In guessing since QPQ knew I had one they killed me figuring I wouldn't use it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

I think you could've turned the tide at the end of d1. Your naked quotes of Anarc were really compelling once I read them when I came back to the thread. If you had fought harder I think Anarc goes down.

Sorry about casing you!
No worries! I was just SO CRANKY I knew posting was a bad idea.

However, right before I went to bed I read the thread and saw the posts I quoted-- they were so bad I couldn't resist.

Live and learn. Good game all!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Wait, QPQ and Opop WERE scum! Their weird votes were, in fact, weird!

God, I'm gonna trust my instincts a bit better. I was getting things right, I just didn't even believe myself!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
scumdoc

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I realized QPQ had to be scum right as I died. Merk and I were bus driven the same night as Q's claim versus us. Which means it had to be a lie.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

This is the first game where I have survived past N1 as scum so I am very happy. I pulled that role out of my rear end and was desperately trying to keep it alive despite all evidence to the contrary. Was very annoyed when merk mentioned it was an "Ecco role."

I enjoyed playing with everyone, despite some grievances with a few mechanics. I hope everyone enjoyed playing!

ScumDoc Summary: OH GOD WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! EVERYONE KNOWS AND WE ARE DOOMED.

Also, I gave everyone Buzzfeed names on D1 so that's a thing.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 21, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

CCKeane posted:

Blarggghhhh.

Good play Quid.

Thanks, Keane. It was fun playing with you this game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the only part of the scumdoc worth reading:

me: it's not reasonable for us to expect that we can turn this around.
short of the town seriously dropping the ball, which is possible but it'd have to be pretty epic

QPQ, same time in another cell:
My main hope is that the town gets really stupid

Thanks town.

Thown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

the only part of the scumdoc worth reading:

me: it's not reasonable for us to expect that we can turn this around.
short of the town seriously dropping the ball, which is possible but it'd have to be pretty epic

QPQ, same time in another cell:
My main hope is that the town gets really stupid

Thanks town.

Thown.

I was going to say good game, but I think the takeaway here is that I am better than ecco and ecco will never win unless I make a mistake.

Ecco's words, not mine.

• Locked thread