Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My twitch is black_baby_goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hes not even a gamer by this point

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

He played DOTA 2 almost nonstop instead

I made him do it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I found the nvgs yesterday but I didnt leave the cave and I can no longer remember where I am

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I found the nvgs yesterday but I didnt leave the cave and I can no longer remember where I am

If you didn't leave the cave.... check to see if you're still in the cave. Head as far south as you can, then go as far north as you can. You'll need to crawl and brace for the pain.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

zen death robot posted:

He played DOTA 2 almost nonstop instead

I hope he gets healthy someday.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

He loves the three Ds in life - Debate, Discussion, and Defending the ancients.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Putting the "Big" in Big Boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

You could check the map

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Here's my schedule:

please play series in order of production not chronological order

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

i will absolutely go chronological one day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
bih boss saying "d'oh"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

It's been memed to hell and back but "Snake... had a hard life." is definitely one of the best MGS lines ever and I felt a lump in my throat when Otacon turned away from the camera to say it.

I think it got memed because it's a great line, but anyone who did so for any other reason can go gently caress themselves.

What's going to happen to the Fox Engine now that Konami doesn't want to make video games anymore? It's amazing tech.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i will absolutely go chronological one day

i tried to do it this time but i lost my mgs3 save data after i did the fury and i didn't want to do it again immediately so i started over with mgs1

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

Play them both ways. There's no right way to beat a Metal Gear.

e: Do not play them in reverse-chronological order.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ythe fury's like the only flaw with mgs3. he's not even a bad boss fight, just bad compared to all the other insanely good ones

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Fungah! posted:

ythe fury's like the only flaw with mgs3. he's not even a bad boss fight, just bad compared to all the other insanely good ones

ive never been able to figure him out, he kicks my rear end

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

last time i played i basically just exploited him with the knife after dying over and over for an hour

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

last time i played i basically just exploited him with the knife after dying over and over for an hour

lol yeah that's what i ended up doing. shame too, i really like his camo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like The Fury a lot, probably as much as The Boss fight if you can believe it. But my two faves from mgs3 are The End and Volgin.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

For whatever reason CQCing Volgin and popping him between the eyes with a tranq was the most satisfying instance of CQC, The Boss included.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Hahaha

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

SM64Guy posted:

ive never been able to figure him out, he kicks my rear end

He gave me a lot of trouble years ago, but in my last playthrough I used the NVGs and a sniper rifle when he was wondering around looking for me, then shot him with a pistol when he got close. It took a few deaths but it was a lot easier than I had remembered. His flaming skull thing at the end is weird though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think I'm just a huge fan of cat and mouse style bosses set in claustrophobic labyrinths where your means of escape can be blocked off.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I think I'm just a huge fan of cat and mouse style bosses set in claustrophobic labyrinths where your means of escape can be blocked off.

il ike those too but the fury's never clicked for me. i think it's the fire, the way it's laid and hhow long it lasts feels the fight feel unfair somehow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

il ike those too but the fury's never clicked for me. i think it's the fire, the way it's laid and hhow long it lasts feels the fight feel unfair somehow

Yeah. I get frustrated sometimes because the fire doesn't always match with what actually catches you on fire.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Fungah! posted:

I'm kind of surprised there's not some loophole to avoiding catching on fire, like wearing the Water camo or something.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah. I get frustrated sometimes because the fire doesn't always match with what actually catches you on fire.

yeah there's definitely some hitbox jank there too. maybe it's just the camera angle and how dark the room is, idk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm kind of surprised there's not some loophole to avoiding catching on fire, like wearing the Water camo or something.

You can shoot the water pipes in the ceiling to prevent fire from catching

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

what the gently caress

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh my god....

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the fury was my 2nd fav boss after the end

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

true but to me it always felt like this didn't work all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Equipping a cardboard box also puts the fire out, iirc.

If you are just cheesing him for the camo, you can lay down in front of the red door with the Mosin and NVGs and shoot him in the head when he walks around the corner. He will shoot fire at you but since you are on an elevated platform it won't reach you 90% of the time. It can be a little time-consuming if he decides to walk around in the other half of the room for a long time, but it's really safe.

• Locked thread