Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
quote this post telling me your favorite Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream flavor and I will tell you which song you are from the Smashing Pumpkins' 1995 magnum opus Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

Ecco posted:

quote this post telling me your favorite Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream flavor and I will tell you which song you are from the Smashing Pumpkins' 1995 magnum opus Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

Cherry Garcia Froyo!! I have a story if you wanna hea--

quote:

Cherry Garcia Froyo!!

Muzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

Muzzle.

Chunky Monkey.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Opopanax posted:

I did enjoy stagecraft. I'm a terrible carpenter but I still like working with my hands.

In my experience, theatres are hard up for set builders -- anyone who has the skills is already busy constructing other things for money. They're generally willing to be really flexible with set crew because set crew is so valuable.

Same goes for most tech roles. Lots of theatres love people who will design or run sound and lights. Most people in the theatre want to act or direct, so the jobs that are more behind the scenes and don't get as much credit are almost always open and doing them involves the least amount of time and effort. Also then you don't have to deal with stage anxiety but you can still hang out and go to cast parties.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

I used to love Phish Food but now it makes my teeth hurt so I go for Chocolate Therapy when I can find it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My favourite 80s rap song is Carly Rae Jepsen's 2015 album E•MO•TION.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kumbamontu posted:

Chunky Monkey.
Zero

Look Under The Rock posted:

I used to love Phish Food but now it makes my teeth hurt so I go for Chocolate Therapy when I can find it.
We Only Come Out at Night

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I wish this song came out earlier than 1998 because the answer to the question would be very easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyYV0v6JCI

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm making slow cooker honey garlic chicken thighs today. I made my own honey garlic sauce and after cleaning the fat off the thighs, dipping them in the sauce, and putting them in the slow cooker I made the biggest mess in my kitchen. Drips of sauce everywhere.

The sauce tasted good though so I'm excited for the chicken!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i hate slowcooker chicken, it gets so dried out and brittle. I hate slow cookers

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

Zero

We Only Come Out at Night

Bullshit I'm totally Bodies. But I'll take it.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

i hate slowcooker chicken, it gets so dried out and brittle. I hate slow cookers

Slow cooker pork and beef is the poo poo though.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

if your slowcooker chicken is dry you are doing something wrong

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

if your slowcooker chicken is dry you are doing something wrong

I dunno if dry is the right word, but I don't like how it just kind of breaks apart and falls of the bone.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

ironically, pumpkin cheesecake.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yo when i getting my fantasy football invite tremendous taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I just sent out all the pm ones

two spots left for the league~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

ironically, pumpkin cheesecake.

Thirty-Three.

Also I just discovered the Berenst*in Bears Problem and it is amusing me greatly.

https://www.avclub.com/article/how-you-spell-berenstain-bears-could-be-proof-para-223615

I welcome my fellow e-universe brethren with open arms.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

Muzzle.

Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream

Cupid de Locke

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

EccoRaven posted:

Thirty-Three.

Also I just discovered the Berenst*in Bears Problem and it is amusing me greatly.

https://www.avclub.com/article/how-you-spell-berenstain-bears-could-be-proof-para-223615

I welcome my fellow e-universe brethren with open arms.
The only "a" person I've even met was my 6 year old stepdaughter.

I've been a loving know-it-all pedant since I was a wee tyke and I sure as gently caress would have been correcting people left and right for saying "steen" if it had been "stain". I said "steen", the books on tape and cartoon said "steen", my parents said "steen". It was written "stein".

I absolutely read "The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree" to my daughter last year and thought idly "Huh, weird, I wonder why the spelling was changed since I was a kid", even before I saw the alternate reality theory thing (last December).

It is seriously weird.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

I just sent out all the pm ones

two spots left for the league~

i didnt get mine

oh i did it went to spam

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

The only "a" person I've even met was my 6 year old stepdaughter.

I've been a loving know-it-all pedant since I was a wee tyke and I sure as gently caress would have been correcting people left and right for saying "steen" if it had been "stain". I said "steen", the books on tape and cartoon said "steen", my parents said "steen". It was written "stein".

I absolutely read "The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree" to my daughter last year and thought idly "Huh, weird, I wonder why the spelling was changed since I was a kid", even before I saw the alternate reality theory thing (last December).

It is seriously weird.

I feel like I'm being punk'd.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I haven't thought about the Berenstein bears since I was a kid but it has always been Berenstein. Idk.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's just another Zionist trick

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Lumpen posted:

It is seriously weird.
It is. I think the weirdest thing though is everyone agreeing that, regardless how it's spelled, that it's pronounced "steen." Whether it were spelled "stain" or "stein" you'd expect it to be a gif/gif problem, but it's not, we all just as a society collectively decided "steen" is how it is.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Dont even get me started on Pappy Dongstocking

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
It's actually Bearnstien Bears.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's just another Zionist trick

lmao

EccoRaven posted:

It is. I think the weirdest thing though is everyone agreeing that, regardless how it's spelled, that it's pronounced "steen." Whether it were spelled "stain" or "stein" you'd expect it to be a gif/gif problem, but it's not, we all just as a society collectively decided "steen" is how it is.

It's pronounced like give with an f, not like the peanut butter.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Berenstains are the same jerks they've always been, and people are simply deluding themselves because it's an unusual spelling of the name.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I could have sworn it was Berenstein. So weird.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

Might as well make this the recruiting corner, I'm still at -5 to start, and uranus and I are already in each other's games, we can't help each other any more than we are.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736669

This game needs two more people! Sign up and pick a mask! You know you want to steal some sacks of loot!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Need to think of a new fantasy football team name since the one I want is too long for ESPN. Bah.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

Need to think of a new fantasy football team name since the one I want is too long for ESPN. Bah.

My team name is the best: Cutler's Last Stand.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Manicpixie Dreamgirls are going to destroy all of your other footballmen.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

TMMadman posted:

My team name is the best: Cutler's Last Stand.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lol at the grin on the refs face at the end

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

He knows what he did.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
laugh out loud