Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
oh, the last two word on the Exocised feat got pushed to the next line on my phone. :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
What exactly happened to the Eldar souls? Were they all consumed?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Oasx posted:

What exactly happened to the Eldar souls? Were they all consumed?

Yeah, people thought that asking a daemon prince for help would end well.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

wiegieman posted:

Getting involved with chaos never ends well. :(

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Rockopolis posted:

Drink from Sea of Black Tears. Become a fitting leader for your death cult.

That was the most fun terrible game.

wiegieman posted:

Things seem fine.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tomn posted:

So, guys, I have a suggestion.

Given that Lowell glories in the title of "Tzeentchy bastard," maybe think twice about indulging him in a given course of action which he thinks would be "awesome"?

LowellDND posted:

“Magos! The Saint fights for the God-Emperor! We need to get out of here!”

You stared at the scene. Warp rifts forming, hundreds of meters long. Daemonic hordes. Two mad-psykers. You would have cried if you could.

The Sister began dragging you until you found your feet. Your last sight was of Fabiyan slowly falling back from their unlimited numbers.

Hubby's just going to be at the office late tonight, it'll be fiiiine.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Or maybe back up our husband rather than abandoning him.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Frankly, I'd rather go down fighting than let some weak-rear end Sister drag us away. Husbando needs us!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

I want to emphasize that husbando is MIA, not KIA, and I'm not going to have you burn your last fate point just so you can fight next to him unless the entire thread overrules me. But that is explicitly what will happen.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
See if we'd taken the Wailing Doom ourself and gone with plan power couple, we could be right there with him smashing daemons instead of running away and leaving our husband to do the dirty work, but nooooo we had to go with playing around with a pile of psychic bones instead.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Burn, fight, win! buy more points at lvl up?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll vote fight it out, just to see what happens because of the vote. Probably nothing.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

LowellDND posted:

I want to emphasize that husbando is MIA, not KIA, and I'm not going to have you burn your last fate point just so you can fight next to him unless the entire thread overrules me. But that is explicitly what will happen.

Just to be clear, you're explicitly saying that Ohone will die and need to burn a fate point if we go back to fight, yes? Because the odds are plot-high?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tomn posted:

Just to be clear, you're explicitly saying that Ohone will die and need to burn a fate point if we go back to fight, yes? Because the odds are plot-high?

Yes. You will die and lose the fate point, because there are two (three?) almost-gods fighting in there.

But you will get the dramatic dying with your lover. So. If that's what Ohone would do.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Don't die again

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Die.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We can afford buying fate point later. Husbando need us. DIE FOR/WITH HIM!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Chickening out don't die

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I am voting against dying. Dummies.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
SHOOT AT THE GIANTS
oh wrong thread

GO BACK FOR FABS

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We have enough xp to buy a whole bunch of anti-daemon poo poo and a second fate point. Do that. Burn one fate point to auto-succeed at stabbing Gorgon in xir funnyparts. Then die well with Fabiyan in service of the Omnissiah literally fighting an infinite army of daemons, rather than running away from our enemies like we did every single time we've met them before. We live, we die, we'll live again. We can go to Mars Krieg, Terra and Titan without a fate point and earn one the hard way there. Stop backing down and go die.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Looking at this voting, I feel a lot better about my part in the nuke vote now, just saying.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What are we voting about? GTFO.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Can the Adeptus Custodes send you reinforcements through the Webway? Even if it's just a hot evac to the Throneroom, it's at least a shortcut to Mars and Titan.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We're voting about whether to be a brave and loyal servant of the Omnissiah and of Humanity, or a cowardly traitor that willingly helped one of the chaos gods and then ran from the consequences.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Die a proud death

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Rockopolis posted:

Can the Adeptus Custodes send you reinforcements through the Webway? Even if it's just a hot evac to the Throneroom, it's at least a shortcut to Mars and Titan.

If the Custodes did anything but shoot us if and when we popped out in the Throne Room, I'd assume they'd all been corrupted and need purging.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
-fightforthesaint-

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 22, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

This is amazing :allears:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LowellDND posted:

This is amazing :allears:

Next time just have an inferno pit. I bet we'll jump in.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Try not to die, bit don't leave him!

Not a terrible way to go. Very romantic.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Kill yerself

YOU KILLED MY WAIFU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Yeah, let's not die.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Proud member of the Non-Proliferation Nuclear Treaty.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Waci posted:

We have enough xp to buy a whole bunch of anti-daemon poo poo and a second fate point. Do that. Burn one fate point to auto-succeed at stabbing Gorgon in xir funnyparts. Then die well with Fabiyan in service of the Omnissiah literally fighting an infinite army of daemons, rather than running away from our enemies like we did every single time we've met them before. We live, we die, we'll live again. We can go to Mars Krieg, Terra and Titan without a fate point and earn one the hard way there. Stop backing down and go die.

But having the one living being you care about missing, possibly dead, possibly trapped by one or more horrible Chaos critters makes for fun storytelling. Going back and dying makes for one :stare: of a post and then Fabiyan is definitely dead and we're another fate point closer to the game and the storytelling being over. Besides, fate points sacrifice generally doesn't leave you better off than before you permanently burn it.

Besides, maybe two posts from now he flaps up, grabs Ohone and the insta-retinue Sister by their jackets and they all soar away on golden wings~~

e: haha I reread LowellDND's post. It's not even "Here's another option," it's "Uh, if you WANT to lose and everyone votes to lose you can go back and lose."

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 21, 2015

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I'm leaning toward Plan Waci because :black101: and also because gently caress it, let's burn 2 fate and make Lowell write some even more epic poo poo.

On the other hand, the two CYOAs I follow religiously dying on dumb decisions at literally the exact same time sucks a bag of monkey balls.

What do I do? :psyduck:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
-madnessreigns-

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 22, 2015

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I'm leaning toward Plan Waci because :black101: and also because gently caress it, let's burn 2 fate and make Lowell write some even more epic poo poo.

On the other hand, the two CYOAs I follow religiously dying on dumb decisions at literally the exact same time sucks a bag of monkey balls.

What do I do? :psyduck:

Follow ur heart

sniper4625 posted:

Upon rereading the situation, I have come to my senses and am now strongly against dying.

Bold ur decision to change ur vote

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Don't die, but do everything we can so Husbando doesn't die again. If he still ends up getting fethed, does his allotment of Krieg transfer to us through community property? Because I think it does. :) :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Kaden O’Michael

I asked to go back to the wars, and for my sins they gave it to me.

When I set up on the Beast, I figured hey, prolly have a few months to get to know the Krieg, maybe teach them some methods. We’ll head to wherever, get in a war eventually. The ship was still doing it’s repairs, and from what I could find out, they had just purged an arch-heretek. Nasty. So I can’t say I really expected another event so soon.

Course, I don’t think anyone expected the psyker-weapons. Memetic hazards sprouting up everywhere, Imperial Navy ships self destructing or broadsiding each other without warning. The Inquisitor running the ship has turned off all communication, even basic light signals. We drive through the dark, dodging torpedoes launched under insane commands.

I wish I could say I could see ships blowing up in the dark, or hear their rumbling of creaking metal, but I don’t. It’s just us, this ship, sailing through the black, a shark in truth. Sometimes we are hit by torpedoes, and sometimes we are assaulted by boarding parties. There are no tactics or strategy to it, just the shriek of alarms and of damage control. I order troops around as best I can, and the Krieg respond instantly.

Another breach, and I lead a company of troops down the corridors. The NBC suits protect us from the lack of air, and our magnetic boots hold us to the walls. Swarms of meat-things scramble down the hallways - they looked human once, but have died, their remains still hobbling and leaping across the gaps. Shattered faces and jaws outlined in frost speak the memetic words, although we can’t hear them.

They rush into melee range, hands curved into awkward claws. Grenades scatter their approach, and we begin the slow butchery of chopping them to pieces. Nothing else will do. I pivot, duck under one, stab another.

More than I expected. A second breach?

They are overrunning us.

why am i so cold.