Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Opopanax posted:

I don't know what that is but yes

A front mullet - literally the best hairstyle in the world, but reversed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

Agreed.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I live in Camden County, NJ, which is not listed because of Camden, NJ, but Burlington and Gloucester counties are both right around where Johnson County is and I'd say the town I live in is wealthier than any towns in those counties.

Moving back to the discussion at hand, it is very strange to me that there is a wealthy area of Kansas. However, it is also cool as heck. Maybe it's a colony O_o

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

busb posted:

Make it go straight down to your chin and you have a deal

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wait I figured it out.

BK is Capps parachute account.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

Wait I figured it out.

BK's opinions are far better and his ability to make sentences with proper grammar are better too, though?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's just to throw us off.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Asiina posted:

Wait I figured it out.

dude if only. Marlene is a catch

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I really did give capps a ride that one time. He seems like a cool guy. We talked a lot about mafia because we are idiots.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
is there a record because surely I am getting close

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

is there a record because surely I am getting close

A record for what? Fewest brain cells in a brain?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Magnus Gallant posted:

A record for what? Fewest brain cells in a brain?

I'd guess most Day 1 lynches.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Did I miss anything in the last ~600 posts?

I made my stunning return to the mafia community. It was emotional. Keane was moved to tears.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I saw that actually rarity. Welcome back!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We need 2 more ppl for Fantasy Football, PM TT if you want me to kick your rear end

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Did I miss anything in the last ~600 posts?

also cpig can you tell me the best way to cook catfish? Assume little catfish, not your southern monsters if that makes any kind of difference

Wow i missed so much!

Death penalty, i say gently caress it , kill em all.

Catfish.

Ok so you need cornmeal and flour mixture.

Soak the catfish for at least a couple hours in buttermilk and let them drain in a strainer or a rack for a couple minutes before breading.

Set up a breading station with three parts.

Part 1 just flour
Part 2 egg wash with buttermilk.
Part 3 cornmeal,flour, salt, pepper, cayenne.

Get a cast iron skillet ready and hot with about 2 inches of your preferred high smoke point oil (i prefer peanut oil)

Bread the fillets with the flour, then egg wash, then the cornmeal mix.

Put it in the hot oil and let it cook for maybe 1 and a half to 2 minutes per side if they are small.

Let them drain on a rack for a couple minutes.

Serve with hushpuppies and greens and grits if you wanna do it cpig style.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

busb posted:

LAUGH OUT LOUD

should i cut my hair into a frullet?

y/y?

Y

Also pics when done tia.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thank you cap

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am going to watch the Gem Show

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Come do this.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Prisons don't work and are a huge waste of resources and cost to taxpayers. There should be no death penalty and in fact no prisons.

Crime should be punished with wergeld paid by the offender to give restitution to victims or their designated inheritors. Repeat offenders, nonpayers of wergeld, and murderers should be declared outlaws (stripped of legal protection and citizenship) and exiled (preferably to an ungoverned offworld penal colony, but airdropping them, passportless, using parachutes, into Somalia or Syria or whatever, works too).

A similar system worked well in Iceland for over 300 years.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Prisons don't work and are a huge waste of resources and cost to taxpayers. There should be no death penalty and in fact no prisons.

Crime should be punished with wergeld paid by the offender to give restitution to victims or their designated inheritors. Repeat offenders, nonpayers of wergeld, and murderers should be declared outlaws (stripped of legal protection and citizenship) and exiled (preferably to an ungoverned offworld penal colony, but airdropping them, passportless, using parachutes, into Somalia or Syria or whatever, works too).

It would be super scary living in outlaw land.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Magnus Gallant posted:

It would be super scary living in outlaw land.
On the other hand, it would give criminals a chance for a fresh start, free to build their own enclaves without being a problem to law abiding society anymore. Australia didn't turn out so bad (except for the Aborigines). "Bombing" enemy countries with our worst criminals, unleashed, would deter nations from messing with 'Murica.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Why does this system give wealthy people a couple of extra shots?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

They deserve them

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Why does this system give wealthy people a couple of extra shots?

they already do so it's good continuity.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We need two more fantasy footballers

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tremendous Taste posted:

last 2 people always hard to find in mafia too

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tremendous Taste posted:

PMed!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

When you aren't freezing to death or being chased by hungry wolves, The Long Dark can be a very pretty game.

Lumpen posted:

I know several libertarians that get inexplicably misty-eyed talking about medieval Iceland. It seems like a weird locale to idolize. I don't understand the appeal of it or your "ideal society." Penal colonies seem gross and barbaric.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 27, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

One of my most vivid childhood memories takes place around mid-autumn as leaves fall outside. It isn't cold yet, but people are already wearing heavy jackets as they walk around with their leafblowers. In the kitchen, my mother is chucking corn and the smell mixes with that of my hot apple cider. I'm chilly but have myself cocooned in blankets.

I've always preferred the Autumn and Winter to Spring and Summer. There's something so much more satisfying about getting home with the cold clinging to you, trying to warm up and only partially succeeding.

I am glad that you like the picture.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

QuoProQuid posted:

I know several libertarians that get inexplicably misty-eyed talking about medieval Iceland. It seems like a weird locale to idolize. I don't understand the appeal of it or your "ideal society." Penal colonies seem gross and barbaric.
They probably all read the paper from that link I posted. The appeal is that it is one of the few examples in history of a legal system working fairly well without centralized government authority, an idea that is usually dismissed as "impossible". Libertarians are so often told that their ideas are impractical or utopian or dystopian that a real world example with empirical data is very exciting.

It's a really interesting link even if you somehow love America's current racist nightmarish prison industrial complex of for-profit slave labor prisons.

Exile might be harsh but Americas prisons are extremely gross and barbaric.

Lumpen fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 22, 2015

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hey Taste when are we drafting?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey guys, don't talk about this in here, but if you want to see how pmom and taste do in a cross community temple game here's the place to check it out

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

why are there three crash bandicoots. that's far too many bandicoots. also not mario kart???

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The plural of Crash Bandicoot is actually Crashes Bandicoot.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

also I won't talk about the game itself I just find it very funny you gave crash to 3 people.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Crash Bandicoot is more of a curse than a gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If there is demand I'll set up a spec thread