Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Not too hard, kojiro have 80k hp on hard, but worth it for those ascension material that you won't be able to get elsewhere.

He hits really hard, though. I was able to beat him, but he killed all my strongest characters first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Speaking of Kojirou lol the subreddit was right, he loving bodied Fafnir alone after he destroyed the rest of the party

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A dragon is just a big loving swallow anyway.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The game even added a new section to Sasaki's information, "Legend of the Samurai."

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
"Regend of the Samurai" was always a part of Kojirou's profile :v

Although they did fix it after taking another look and it's now Legend instead of Regend.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fair enough.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Someone's started posting story translations here. They arn't far yet, but it's coming along.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
AP cost for certain event will be halved for a few days from today. Mostly servant xp quest.

Don't skip out on getting those ascension material from special quest though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

AP cost for certain event will be halved for a few days from today. Mostly servant xp quest.

Definitely going to take advantage of this. I was hoping it was a permanent change when I noticed it, though.

Just ascended Medusa and her portrait/model lost its eye cover.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Can you complete the servant quest multiple times to get three assassin cards and he level 3 Np?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Apocron posted:

Can you complete the servant quest multiple times to get three assassin cards and he level 3 Np?
Nope. It suppose to renew it daily according some reddit post... But that haven't happen to me. I have tried it a second time and it didn't give me another card.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Apocron posted:

I would assume no, since it hasn't worked this way for any other quest with an item was a reward. Fortunately it isn't too difficult to get duplicates of 1/2 star servants.

That's probably one of the biggest downsides to using a 4/5 star servant in this; it's incredibly unlikely you'll ever be able to level up your Noble Phantasm (especially for a 5 star), and getting your NP to Level 2 seems like a pretty big deal since I think it always unlocks the whole "overcharge" mechanic, which allows you avoid wasting a bunch of NP % in various situations in addition to making your NP stronger in some way.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Apocron posted:

Kojiro is a 1*, and thus relatively easy to get. I already have his NP maxed out at rank 5.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
How well do 1-star servants scale into the later game, anyway? My Kojiro is level 21, and he's tearing rear end through France right now (his NP is loving brutal with the Heaven's Feel CE) but i'm kinda worried whether or not it'll be worth levelling him any further.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Do I have to do the things you guys are doing if I were to start playing or is it possible to progress with a team of Servants I like? I would probabably want: EMIYA, Lancer, and Arturia. Or EMIYA, Shielder and Kojiro.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Do I have to do the things you guys are doing if I were to start playing or is it possible to progress with a team of Servants I like? I would probabably want: EMIYA, Lancer, and Arturia. Or EMIYA, Shielder and Kojiro.

You automatically start with Shielder, and you very quickly get another randomized 3-4 star(mostly 3) servant. You also get the 3 star Caster Cu at the end of the first world. Everything else is gained out of pulls, and is completely random. So we're really just running with whatever we happen to draw. Both EMIYA and Arturia are 4 star servants, so so the chances of drawing even one any time soon is low. If by Lancer you mean Cu, he's only 3, so you at least have some chance of drawing him. Kojiro is only one star, so you have a pretty decent chance of getting him after a little bit.

For illustration, I'm almost at the end of Rome, and this is my current roster.

Mostly 1-star servants I'm not currently using, with my party mostly consisting of 3 stars, with the exception of Kojiro. My only servant above 3 is the 5 star Waver/Zhuge Liang, who I'm also not currently using.

Yes, Gilles is currently in my party, but only to finish out his bond. If he actually comes out, things have gone horribly wrong.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Lord Koth posted:

You automatically start with Shielder, and you very quickly get another randomized 3-4 star(mostly 3) servant. You also get the 3 star Caster Cu at the end of the first world. Everything else is gained out of pulls, and is completely random. So we're really just running with whatever we happen to draw. Both EMIYA and Arturia are 4 star servants, so so the chances of drawing even one any time soon is low. If by Lancer you mean Cu, he's only 3, so you at least have some chance of drawing him. Kojiro is only one star, so you have a pretty decent chance of getting him after a little bit.

For illustration, I'm almost at the end of Rome, and this is my current roster.

Mostly 1-star servants I'm not currently using, with my party mostly consisting of 3 stars, with the exception of Kojiro. My only servant above 3 is the 5 star Waver/Zhuge Liang, who I'm also not currently using.

Yes, Gilles is currently in my party, but only to finish out his bond. If he actually comes out, things have gone horribly wrong.

Arturia is actually a 5-star.

I have her. She's pretty great. I need another copy to level up Excalibur so it can actually do good damage though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Arturia is actually a 5-star.

I have her. She's pretty great. I need another copy to level up Excalibur so it can actually do good damage though.

I THOUGHT she was, but when rechecking the database thought I saw that she was only 4. Looking at it again, I realized I was looking at Nero. Well, at least I got the right face.:v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Freak Futanari posted:

How well do 1-star servants scale into the later game, anyway?
For early game and maybe mid-game, low level servant should be fine barring some weird growth curve that make 10-20 of their level up gain barely anything. If you check their final stat in the room, you will see their maximum level, hp, and ATK.

Kojiro's final stat is
Lv 60
HP 6220
ATK 5735

While my 5 star Jenne's final stat is
Lv 90
HP 16500
ATK 9593

You can see that a 5 stars would hit twice as hard as 1 stars at final level, but it takes forever to get there so I guess let the one star carries you pass the early game until you got something better? You will have to deal with low level's ascension a lot sooner though.

Edit: Beside their stat, their skills and NP might make them worth keeping even in end game.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 22, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
The event just switched to the Rider quests.

I didn't check what class it was going to be when I did the event and I wish I had brought Kojirou. I had to whittle him down slowly with a friend Ruler after he killed my team. It was kind of annoying because of his constant defense buffing and healing so my team couldn't keep up and it was just a battle of attrition. At least the developers were gracious enough to actually give out a significant QP reward so people can actually do the event instead of continuously farming the QP dailies.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

For early game and maybe mid-game, low level servant should be fine barring some weird growth curve that make 10-20 of their level up gain barely anything. If you check their final stat in the room, you will see their maximum level, hp, and ATK.

Kojiro's final stat is
Lv 60
HP 6220
ATK 5735

While my 5 star Jenne's final stat is
Lv 90
HP 16500
ATK 9593

You can see that a 5 stars would hit twice as hard as 1 stars at final level, but it takes forever to get there so I guess let the one star carries you pass the early game until you got something better? You will have to deal with low level's ascension a lot sooner though.

It's worth noting that lower star servants having to deal with ascension sooner is a *good* thing. Ascending a servant is what unlocks their other skills. The problem with 4/5 star servants is that they're only going to have one skill until they reach level 40-50 (while a 1-3 star are 20-25-30 respectively).

Also, some 4 star servants seem viable at max level stat wise; I think that EMIYA's attack ends up roughly comparable to Jeanne (though Jeanne's attack is very low for a 5 star), and Saber Alter also has good attack.

With the current game's content, there is nothing that can't be completed by any servant, and most* 4/5 star servants don't inherently have any advantages prior to the endgame (if anything, they have a disadvantage in that it's harder to level up their NP and they ascend/get skills later). It seems like current content doesn't really expect any servants higher than level 30 or so.

* Some, like Altera/Attila and Arturia (regular one), seem to be Really Good throughout all level ranges I've seen (I don't have them, but I have several in my supports), but my Vlad doesn't seem to be that much better than any other servant at his current level. Both him and my Medusa are around level 33 (I think) and have similar stats (Vlad's attack is higher and I think they have about the same HP, though since Vlad is a Berserker it's effectively like him having half that).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

BurningDance posted:

The event just switched to the Rider quests.

I didn't check what class it was going to be when I did the event and I wish I had brought Kojirou. I had to whittle him down slowly with a friend Ruler after he killed my team. It was kind of annoying because of his constant defense buffing and healing so my team couldn't keep up and it was just a battle of attrition. At least the developers were gracious enough to actually give out a significant QP reward so people can actually do the event instead of continuously farming the QP dailies.

I'm really glad I leveled up Sasaki and the Phantom of the Opera since they're my highest level Assassins. So many Quick Chains!

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I just finished the second of the three event quests since I previously skipped it and... yeah he survived two NPs, but he's not going to live another turn with this outcome:

:stonk:

I was expecting St. George to die after using Vlad's and Kojirou's NP, so I preemptively used Kojirou's second skill. If I had known better, then I could've had an outcome where I had 60 stars.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

500k qp from the first two special event! :stonklol:

Why do it even bother grinding treasure room yesterday...

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Does anyone here have a high-level Assassin? My current team is lv21 Kojiro and Lv24 Saint Martha, which probably isn't good enough to do the 30AP Rider event, but i'm thinking that maybe bringing another high-levelled Assassin as a support could even the odds.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, Kojiro went the loving distance against hard-mode Saint George. He was at like 70k and by the time Assassin finally kicked the bucket and I had to revive everyone he was done to 9k, this lovely one star servant. I loving love this game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh ya going away from the lovely gacha game talk, the Apocrypha materials got scanned. lol @ the pics with the cut guys (at least they got in G/O) and Vlad ripping off a dracula book in half

http://broadbridge.tistory.com/776

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 22, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Just a random tangent, but most of the main heroines in the works Nasu works on himself are very conservatively dressed. Sometimes I feel a bit of visual whiplash when looking at the art of the off-shoot stuff like from Extra or GO.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Takeuchi doesn't usually do his character designs after driving into Type Moon's communal coke mountain, which is the only explanation for whatever the hell Wada does.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Mahoyo artist is good and he made Touko hella sexier. w00t!!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can never remember his name but yes he is by far the best one.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Koyama is a good artist that draws sexy ladies without making them trashy.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So if in the end of Fate route Saber gets Avalon back, and then time travels back to post-Camlann with Avalon along with her, why didn't it then heal her wounds and save her life?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bakanogami posted:

So if in the end of Fate route Saber gets Avalon back, and then time travels back to post-Camlann with Avalon along with her, why didn't it then heal her wounds and save her life?

Because pathos

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

Bakanogami posted:

The wounds were inflicted by Mordred, whose sword probably has some fancy anti-healing or anti-Arthur powers.

Dr Pepper posted:

Because pathos

This is the actual reason though.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wili posted:

The wounds were inflicted by Mordred, whose sword probably has some fancy anti-healing or anti-Arthur powers.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Clarent

None we know of so far, at least.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bakanogami posted:

It's only mental time travel. Saber's body as a Servant is different from her body as a real person.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Is it just my luck or Zero Caster boss only attack my Jeanne and no one else? :allears:

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Nyaa posted:

Is it just my luck or Zero Caster boss only attack my Jeanne and no one else? :allears:

This happened to me in the Lancelot fight! I think they might have programmed them to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jellycat posted:

This happened to me in the Lancelot fight! I think they might have programmed them to do that.

Do you mean with your Saber or Jeanne? I think I remember Gilles de Rais also repeatedly attacking my Jeanne, though it might have been confirmation bias.

I managed to grind a bunch of XP cards and get my other EMIYA and Siegfried to a better level (low 30s). I'm not using them yet (due mainly to cost), but I figure I'll be using them at some point so it's not a waste. By the way, EMIYA seems to get a GIANT boost to stats from his level ups post level 25 or so. I think Kyte's post had mentioned him having an S curve, and the huge difference began around 25. My last couple level ups have given me like 300 HP and 200 ATK each.

Also, as I've seen a number of people mention, Jeanne starts to feel really lackluster later. She's still very useful for her tank/healer, but I think many people are mislead by her gargantuan stats early on. This is partly due to her having the reverse S growth curve (currently she gets only like ~80-90 HP and ~50 ATK per level at level 30, even though she had huge growth early) and partly due to her ATK just being really low compared with other 4/5 star servants. I'll try replacing her with EMIYA once his ATK surpasses hers, though I'll probably still need her for harder fights due to her survivability/healing.