Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't know why everyone feels the need to slam the helicopter down to land. I was doing it one time and said "Hey, could you take it easy with the landing, the helicopter is already smoking." And the guy said "Whatever" and slammed it into the ground. Luckily it didn't blow up, but what the gently caress dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
If it isn't smoking, what's the problem? Even if it is smoking, I don't think the landing struts take damage for the vehicle. You have to plow into the earth to do anything.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Do these idiots not realise that the triggers on a controller are analogue, which means you can descend slightly more slowly than "AAAAAH"

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

Do these idiots not realise that the triggers on a controller are analogue, which means you can descend slightly more slowly than "AAAAAH"

Doubtful.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm sure most people fly using a keyboard so no.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

UserErr0r posted:

What's even the point? It's GTA, not a CS or DOTA game.

I mentioned GTA online to a guy and he said "hows the comp scene?" I laughed for a bit but then remembered there's a a bunch of semi serious racing crews.

but using an aimbot to top the DM leaderboards or maintain a 5.0 k/d is super pathetic and sad considering nobody gives a poo poo.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So, I spent the entire afternoon flying under all 50 bridges in the game, and what do I get for it?

Nothing! Just a "50/50 bridges flown under" that flashes on screen for like a second. It's not even anywhere in my stats.

I feel cheated, some of them were really hard! ':arghfist::downs:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I am the worst helicopter pilot and I managed to be the pilot on Humane Labs without killing anyone.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

I am the worst helicopter pilot and I managed to be the pilot on Humane Labs without killing anyone.

Same. Flying on the keyboard too, which doesn't exactly give a gentle ride.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I did Humane Labs withe some chucklefuck last night who seemed to be unaware that he could aim the gun on the helicopter and kept yelling at me to turn the helicopter around in Russian. I think, at least.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

To be fair you do have to fly towards the enemy choppers instead of away from them for the gunner to hit them. And the gunner's field of view sucks.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
got my poo poo "flagged" wonder what that means

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

brylcreem posted:

So, I spent the entire afternoon flying under all 50 bridges in the game, and what do I get for it?

Nothing! Just a "50/50 bridges flown under" that flashes on screen for like a second. It's not even anywhere in my stats.

I feel cheated, some of them were really hard! ':arghfist::downs:

How hard? I already did one east of the military base that has you fly at the bridge from a bad angle, then quickly adjust your flight path, with only a few feet clearance. gently caress that bridge.
I believe you need to do it in single player for it to count on your stats. Like the 25 stunt jumps in multiplayer unlocks a paint color, but doesn't count towards the "do 25 stunt jumps" on your stats/checklist.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Do the flying under bridges in a small helicopter like the Buzzard. Makes it very easy.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

BitBasher posted:

Do the flying under bridges in a small helicopter like the Buzzard. Makes it very easy.

Do they count? I tried the hydra which is a hybrid (in terms of handling/controls when in hover mode) and it never registered any

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

UserErr0r posted:

Do they count? I tried the hydra which is a hybrid (in terms of handling/controls when in hover mode) and it never registered any

Yeah, credit for that bridge triggers whether you're in a plane or a helicopter.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

BitBasher posted:

Pssht. Look at this scrub. Do it in the Mallard, it's way more fun and exciting :allears:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I kind of want to start a goon MC. We already have Moto Goonzzi but that's more of a race bike crew.

Does anyone who really likes riding cruisers know how to work the R* logo thing?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

T1g4h posted:

Pssht. Look at this scrub. Do it in the Mallard, it's way more fun and exciting :allears:

Besra! :hfive:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

titties posted:

I kind of want to start a goon MC. We already have Moto Goonzzi but that's more of a race bike crew.

Does anyone who really likes riding cruisers know how to work the R* logo thing?

Sure, I'll do it. I made the grenade logo a few clans use.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I love that little jet, but the vertical stabilizer always ends up being my downfall. I keep forgetting how tall it is :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So fly upside down! You're more likely to stay clear of the ground than any random bridges you're going under. :v:

titties
May 10, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

Sure, I'll do it. I made the grenade logo a few clans use.

sugoi

I'll get back with you once I figure out a fuckin rad name

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

titties posted:

Reporting for duty. Choppers, no helmets and leather jackets mandatory. I'd be happy to give the logo a try, even figured out a trick to make patches look more worn, although it doesn't look good on all backgrounds.

titties
May 10, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Reporting for duty. Choppers, no helmets and leather jackets mandatory. I'd be happy to give the logo a try, even figured out a trick to make patches look more worn, although it doesn't look good on all backgrounds.

titties posted:

sugoi

I'll get back with you once I figure out a fuckin rad name

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

T1g4h posted:

Welp, apparently R* didn't like me immediately giving myself more money after they zeroed my bank :v:

So how do you tell how long a GTAO ban is for? I'm not exactly super concerned since i've still got a good backlog of games to work through, just wondering how long I have to miss out on shooting dudes with Goons.

e: Support got back to me, 2 week ban. Cool, that's 2 weeks to run through Torchlight II then :v:

I came back after a week to find a grand total of $20,000 in my bank account.

Guess taking millions in "definitely not shark card money" from other "generous donors" has its downsides. :shrug:

titties
May 10, 2012

Goon MC suggestions:

Morbid Obesity Mobility Scooters [MOMS]

Pillion Princesses [POPN]

Disciples of Lowtax LLC [DOLL]

Sons of Mammarchy [MAMM]

vote for one or suggest your own!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am having no luck running heists at the moment; both Fleeca and Prison Break have glitched out hard and necessitated quitting and restarting the heists. The drilling section in Fleeca went wrong, with the locks absolutely tiny and out of place on screen and the drill overheating immediately, while in the Prison heist the alarm was triggering before we got off the bus, meaning we got killed the instant we had control again. Lord knows what Humane has in store for me.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Is it just me or has Rockstar actually put the hammer down on hacker ca$h? I haven't seen a money fountain in weeks.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Kerosene19 posted:

Is it just me or has Rockstar actually put the hammer down on hacker ca$h? I haven't seen a money fountain in weeks.

Everything i've been reading says that now the trick is to downgrade your launcher and game to the 1.24 .exe and use one of the earlier mod menus to give yourself cash in a session that way, since 1.24 has no anticheat of any sort. Apparently they did something in a recent patch that makes the anticheat pretty good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

T1g4h posted:

Everything i've been reading says that now the trick is to downgrade your launcher and game to the 1.24 .exe and use one of the earlier mod menus to give yourself cash in a session that way, since 1.24 has no anticheat of any sort. Apparently they did something in a recent patch that makes the anticheat pretty good.

Mods? This is still allowable?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Am I just having bad luck or is no one on? I keep joining rooms with like 5 people.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hagie posted:

Am I just having bad luck or is no one on? I keep joining rooms with like 5 people.

It's all up to the combination of latency between other people, the Rockstar matchmaking servers, and you.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Mods? This is still allowable?

Oh get over it. I honestly find it interesting to see how poo poo keeps evolving re: the modding arms race. It's pretty neat to watch Rockstar adapt and come up with new tactics and then see what the mod guys are doing to work around it.

On a related note, money fuckery now seems to be an insta-ban in 1.28 from what I can tell. Apparently they now flag for certain very specific things, such as spawning certain objects. Money bags and a few others are now detected basically the instant you spawn them in and are very much likely to result in you getting hit with a ban, regardless of whether you're in a Public or Invite Only session. The launcher also now scans the entire GTA V directory and auto-flags if it detects the ScriptHook DLL files, so apparently they're actually really improving the anticheat stuff to a remarkable degree. Curious to see where this goes.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Seems like the key is to get cash from a third party and buy assets with it. They might get banned but you won't, and it seems like they won't take cars away from you, just cash.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

titties posted:

Goon MC suggestions:

Morbid Obesity Mobility Scooters [MOMS]

Pillion Princesses [POPN]

Disciples of Lowtax LLC [DOLL]

Sons of Mammarchy [MAMM]

vote for one or suggest your own!

I'm sorry.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

T1g4h posted:

Oh get over it. I honestly find it interesting to see how poo poo keeps evolving re: the modding arms race. It's pretty neat to watch Rockstar adapt and come up with new tactics and then see what the mod guys are doing to work around it.

On a related note, money fuckery now seems to be an insta-ban in 1.28 from what I can tell. Apparently they now flag for certain very specific things, such as spawning certain objects. Money bags and a few others are now detected basically the instant you spawn them in and are very much likely to result in you getting hit with a ban, regardless of whether you're in a Public or Invite Only session. The launcher also now scans the entire GTA V directory and auto-flags if it detects the ScriptHook DLL files, so apparently they're actually really improving the anticheat stuff to a remarkable degree. Curious to see where this goes.

This is all fine and good as long as the other poo poo like getting blown up or having clones spawn on you goes away too. All or nothing.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

T1g4h posted:

Money bags and a few others are now detected basically the instant you spawn them in and are very much likely to result in you getting hit with a ban, regardless of whether you're in a Public or Invite Only session. The launcher also now scans the entire GTA V directory and auto-flags if it detects the ScriptHook DLL files, so apparently they're actually really improving the anticheat stuff to a remarkable degree. Curious to see where this goes.

I noticed I I haven't seen money drops in a week or so. There was one time around the same time SadiusOmega got banned, but that guy may have been banned an hour later, who knows? Speaking of him, I just found this, which occurred roughly the same time as his ban: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/205171497--PC-version-GTA-V-online-hacker-SadiusOmega

If Rockstar attaches version numbers to their packets that tell the account server that you received $10,000,000, they could easily block those messages so you have to be playing the latest version to have any updates to your character/account processed.

I'm curious if they detect who is spawning the money bags, or if money bags are given an owner (like the explosions that kill everyone on the server). Would get really bad if hackers could spawn money as another player, and get them instantly banned instead.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 23, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

T1g4h posted:

The launcher also now scans the entire GTA V directory and auto-flags if it detects the ScriptHook DLL files, so apparently they're actually really improving the anticheat stuff to a remarkable degree. Curious to see where this goes.

Oh, that's probably what got me then. I've got a skin editor thing I used to let me get the police outfit on my character and saved in my outfit menu.

Also it lets me layer tattoos and layering the same tattoo on top of itself makes it look so much better, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

UserErr0r posted:

I noticed I I haven't seen money drops in a week or so. There was one time around the same time SadiusOmega got banned, but that guy may have been banned an hour later, who knows? Speaking of him, I just found this, which occurred roughly the same time as his ban: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/205171497--PC-version-GTA-V-online-hacker-SadiusOmega

somebody got mad at sadius in GTA online :smug:

i guess he'll be banned until sept 7th or something like that oh well

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress hackers. They deserved it.

• Locked thread