Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pinterest Mom posted:

sure ##vote gamer

This pinged me so I decided to go back and read PMom. This proved to be difficult due to just how little she has actually said.

Pinterest Mom posted:

i don't buy this reason to vote keane - it's a reach
##vote kashuno

Votes Kashuno just because Kashuno made a vote she didn't like based on vibes.

Pinterest Mom posted:

sam is giving me ~vibes~, would vote

Pinterest Mom posted:

Let's kill Sam he's pretending to be engaged and thinking.

##unvote
##vote samfucius

Proceeds to move against Samfucius in a vibe-based argument.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Both of you are being blustery and it's making me roll my eyes more than giving me a read on either of your alignments right now.

Refuses to take a side in the merk/diqnol fight.

Pinterest Mom posted:

merk and f_v have been doing a good job of questioning your motivations for voting me. I'm happy to let them do it instead of me.

Refuses to defend herself.

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think it'd be useful if everybody provided the thread with a list of people they'd vote for

ideally, that list would be ranked

If you're going to ask for a scumlist, then give one yourself.

Later on after a post full of saying ljtri's interactions are weird, someone asks for a scumlist from you.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sam, gamer, jedit

If ljtri's interactions are so weird, why does she not even appear on your list? This is a 21 player game, there is probably more than three lynch targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
mafia edit: also what that's what i defended you for in the first place

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also ##unvote
##vote pmom

If I have to move this to avoid a no lunch, I will.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

mafia edit: also what that's what i defended you for in the first place

Yeah, but I just poked them and didn't threaten any of them with a vote. I just asked that they post more. You said you'd vote Meinberg or Exakt right now basically because they are lurking. While I agree with poking lurkers, I don't agree with targeting them on D1 when more information can be gained from someone provided more content. Not that you've produced very much after pressuring me to do so.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

No, I said they were Weird and worth considering/smacking around.

I'm quite fine with my Diqnol vote and will be making it tomorrow, too.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Merk did not even comment on me voting him. Scummy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

This pinged me so I decided to go back and read PMom. This proved to be difficult due to just how little she has actually said.

Votes Kashuno just because Kashuno made a vote she didn't like based on vibes.

Proceeds to move against Samfucius in a vibe-based argument.

Refuses to take a side in the merk/diqnol fight.

Refuses to defend herself.

why are these bad?

quote:

If you're going to ask for a scumlist, then give one yourself.
that was a joke about lumpen liking to make lists of players

quote:

Later on after a post full of saying ljtri's interactions are weird, someone asks for a scumlist from you.

If ljtri's interactions are so weird, why does she not even appear on your list? This is a 21 player game, there is probably more than three lynch targets.

lj's first game, i'm not voting for her on d1. and you're objecting that i didn't provide more than three targets after rar asked me for my top three?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##unvote ##vote Gamerofthegame

Better than a no-hang and I don't have the time I need to convince you all of merk any longer.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

also what

Just because you're doing some sick MLG scumplays doesn't mean your scumbuddies are with you. :)

I tend to take over my scum teams. Ask people in this thread if you'd like.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

still have until sunday dot dot dot

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I tend to take over my scum teams. Ask people in this thread if you'd like.

tbh that's the exact kind of scumbuddy I'd leave out to dry

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

still have until sunday dot dot dot

No, deadline is still tonight, just floaty.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

tbh that's the exact kind of scumbuddy I'd leave out to dry

Nah, I'm a better player than you, you'd listen to me because I would be helping you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pinterest Mom posted:

why are these bad?

This is bad because you are not engaging with the game at all, you're throwing out random accusations based on vibes after condemning a vibe-based accusation.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

hmmmmm

:d: I have decided, rather than moving the deadline to Sunday, making it :siren: floating. :siren: The hard deadline is still 11PM EDT tonight (in about 5 hours), but I will deliberately find something else for me to do for a few hours (potentially not even until Saturday early afternoon EDT????????), so don't stress about it too hard.

No, it is not.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

This is bad because you are not engaging with the game at all, you're throwing out random accusations based on vibes after condemning a vibe-based accusation.

:shrug:

i've tried to point out things that pinged me that weren't the diq/merk fight. you can call that not engaged if you want.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm exhausted and haven't paid enough attention to the Gamer case to vote it one way or the other. If merk isn't happening then I'm gonna ##vote Lumpen instead, because he's also probably scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm exhausted and haven't paid enough attention to the Gamer case to vote it one way or the other. If merk isn't happening then I'm gonna ##vote Lumpen instead, because he's also probably scum.

I'd be okay with this. I can see that side of lumpen. The other side, if you will. Because I am a ghost you see.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Merk did not even comment on me voting him. Scummy.

I liked the fresh perspective on the game. I've been moving all day and haven't had an opportunity to do more than snipe. I don't have a reaction to your vote besides to say that it's wrong, which seems like wasted words.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hello, I am just dropping by before bed to say that Lumpen is not getting ten vote before Ecco checks back into the thread and that this vote is hella dumb as a result.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

I'm not going to read a hell of a lot tho because Disquol (or whatever the gently caress) is poo poo tho

Immediately jumps on strong-player Merk over literally nothing, stays on him the rest of the game thus far. (Admittedly not that long, but) With him largely just discrediting other people's posts and cases with garbage vocabulary plays and criticizing a lack of content.

So is this exchange, which I find great.

"i'm just gonna afk instead of making myself look bad via defending me lol later nerds just forget me"

Trash. Dudes trying to control the narrative of the game by just hounding one person, but it doesn't work cuz he isn't a charismatic bastard and doesn't seem to really have back up.

##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Only a pizzaman would disvalue fish so!

Ninth this post alone should be telling if I also mention he's said "btw diqnol is scum" about 10 times since it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen is also scum, however. Another day, another hang.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keane would you be able to vote...if I believed in your ability to?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Gamer

Thought it was 11 central. Good for floating deadline.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Gamer

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Gamer is the only viable lynch here. Gamer are you here? Can you claim?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk what do you think of Lumpen/do you have feelings about him other than "he agrees with me about Diqnol"?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I can claim an unchanged meta. :coffepal:

I'm a fish princess and a true friend of Louis, but I guess that doesn't mean anything these days, huh?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

:coffeepal:

means you should gimme the pearl too

he'd want it that way

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gamer is -1. A day one nohang would be poopy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

We're into floating time so there's no way we're going to get 11 votes on someone else.

##vote gamer :redhammer:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
You have to unvote?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh yeah. ##unvote
##vote Gamer

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

You're just using this time to rebel and dismantle our tight, economically friendly fishing regulations you archaic mobsters!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

actual :redhammer:, stop posting guys

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I broke my keyboard and now my R key is broken and barely works :( I have to like really force it down.

:c: Final Day 1 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Gamerofthegame (11): BK, fv, Meinberg, Kashuno, QPQ, Hal, TMM, PMom, Diqnol, merk, SamVines

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE/Diqnol (3): merk, BK, Samfucius, -merk, -BK, merk, -Samfucius, Lumpen, Gamer, -merk, merk, Samfucius, QPQ, SamVines, -QPQ, -SamVines, -merk

Pinterest Mom (2): LJ, SamVines
merk (2): Diqnol, -Diqnol, Diqnol, Ninth, Rarity, -Diqnol

BottleKnight (1): merk, -merk, jedit

Hal Incandenza (0): Rarity, TMM, -Rarity, -TMM
Samfucius (0): merk, fv, PMom, -merk, merk, -merk, Kashuno, -fv, Hal, -Kashuno, -Hal, -PMom
TMMadman (0): merk, -merk, Lumpen, QPQ, BK, Gamer, -Lumpen, -BK, -Gamer, -QPQ
SirSamVimes (0): Hal, -Hal
Kashuno (0): TMM, PMom, -PMom, -TMM
Rarity (0): Samfucius, -Samfucius
QPQ (0): jedit, -jedit
CCKeane (0): Kashuno, -Kashuno
ljtrigirl (0): Rarity, Kashuno, -Kashuno, -Rarity
fiery_valkyrie (0): Diqnol, -Diqnol
Lumpen (0): LJ, -LJ

Not Voting (3): Keane, EXAKT, Mithross

:h: 21 alive, 11 to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline was Friday, August 21st, ~11PM EDT.

:gibs:
People who suck at unvoting:
- Lumpen
- Hal Incandenza
- Pinterest Mom
- The Ninth Layer
- merk

:justpost:
People who suck at posting:
- Jedit
- Meinberg
- EXAKT
- Hal

NOTES:
  • Players who suck at unvoting tomorrow may find themselves wishing they were more diligent!
  • Players who suck at posting are encouraged to post more. They are requested to review their conscience and figure out if they would like a replacement during the night. I would love to keep you if I can but a replacement earlier is always better than later!
  • Yes the votecount is correct! Unless it's not! But if it's the thing you're thinking it's correct so don't bug me about it!

Flavor incoming~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The sun set slowly over Port Lourde that evening, coloring the sky a bloody orange. The villagers stood on top of a large crag along the western edge of the island, forming a crescent around Gamerofthegame, trapping him between the mob and the ledge. "You are a murderer," shouted one voice. "Jump! Pray to the Gods for forgiveness as you fall!"
Gamer's eyes grew wide with fear. He insisted on his innocence to the end - how he was friends with Pierre, better than friends, best friends. He would never hurt him over a silly pearl, no matter how radiant.
The mob was unrelenting. Finally, SamVines, with Pearl in hand, dashed towards Gamer and gave him the slight nudge he needed to tumble over the other side. The town heard a scream, a crunch, a loud splash, and then silence: just the ocean breeze skimming across their ears and weaving through their hair.
The town suddenly knew Gamer's motives and identity, an effect of the spell the town elder cast over them (when someone dies the village all collectively and unconsciously reads and knows the recently-evacuated soul as it passes through this plane and to the next) (I mean obviously). He was as he said: an innocent fisherman.

:s: Gamerofthegame, Louis Tartare, Fisher (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 1. :s:

It is now Night 1. Submit your actions asap! I would like to get the game ready for a Sunday morning opening. (I am going hiking again with the roomie slash platonic true love again so if you guys dawdle it'll have to be Sunday night which is like years from now.)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Light on the flavor since my lack of a functional R key really cramps my wpm.

You find jedit was poisoned during the night. He dead. He was an old man and started this whole "mass execution" thing, so it's unfortunate he died without seeing the murderers brought to justice.

:s: Jedit, Villard Gaston de Pirogue, Mayor (town-aligned governor), was poisoned night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2
:h: 19 alive, 10 votes to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Tuesday, August 25th, ~11PM EDT.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 24, 2015

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Please vote more. We shouldn't just have one viable candidate that close to deadline unless it's obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Please vote more. We shouldn't just have one viable candidate that close to deadline unless it's obvious.

Now this is just making fun of me.

• Locked thread