Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
im getting a mgsv special edition ps4 delivered next week for like £280. funny thing is i wont be playing mgsv first as i bought bloodborne preowned over the weekend and i need that in my life first. its just laying on my desk waiting for the console to arrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

its me

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

also this is what im looking at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Ultimate-Player-1TB/dp/B00ZG1TXV0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1440431609&sr=8-2&keywords=ps4

any good bundles worth looking into instead?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Big Taff Man posted:

Did you play some boggle

there was lots of playing around with four letter words that's for sure

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

you should probably get this it looks really convenient

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T8ALM6O?psc=1

Fluo
May 25, 2007

JFairfax posted:

might just do that later in the week Fluo, that brett imperial sounds like a fairly substantial beer.

NaDy posted:

oh my this sounds nice

Yeah! Also in september my traditional saison will be ready to drink, my morello cherry saison (was summer weather, good saison temp) and few others. I'm working on my Christmas beers atm now :D

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
the more pressing concern is trying to convince my missus to let me spend £300 on a 1tb ps4

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

you should probably get this it looks really convenient

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T8ALM6O?psc=1

:eyepop:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

Loads of people have a ps4 in this thread but no one seems to play online, except me and Smelly face

You were scared I'd beat you at a game of FIFA so made unreasonable conditions so you could claim that you still kept your pride. Scared little wimp :shibe:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

corn in the fridge posted:

the more pressing concern is trying to convince my missus to let me spend £300 on a 1tb ps4

Don't you have a joint and also a separate bank account?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Fluo posted:

Don't you have a joint and also a separate bank account?

we are not married so we don't have a joint account but alas she is more concerned about what i do with my money then i am and ill never hear the end of it 😰😡🙉🙉🙉

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
just tell her you won it in a competition at work

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
but like set it up, just drop into conversation that there is going to be a prize at work for X or a charity raffle or something, and then a couple of weeks later say 'oh I won the competition' and then you bring the PS4 home

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Tell her your cousin Terry sold it to you for a hundo and it's probably nicked but whatever, he lives miles away.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

JFairfax posted:

just tell her you won it in a competition at work

two towns over

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

just say its the ps3 but you downlaoded an update

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just kill her with a spade

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

we are not married so we don't have a joint account but alas she is more concerned about what i do with my money then i am and ill never hear the end of it 😰😡🙉🙉🙉

we have a joint account for all the bills and put in an equal amount and whatever you earn over that you can do whatever you want

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

The Big Taff Man posted:

we have a joint account for all the bills and put in an equal amount and whatever you earn over that you can do whatever you want

she wants us to buy a house so im putting a set amount into my savings each month and she thinks that if i can afford to buy a ps4 then i should be putting that money towards the deposit instead it's all very frustrating

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i like everyone's suggestions but they all erroneously assume i can lie while keeping a straight face 😊😥😇😇😇

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

perhaps you shouldn't buy a ps4 corn...

you should buy a loving backbone

:lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
ive already told her im buying one and she can't stop me but in an effort to appease her ive agreed to wait till after xmas to see if the price drops

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like u should sign up for the PlayStation beta program

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sounds like you should kill her with a spade

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tell her that the housing market is in a massively overinflated bubble so this is no time to buy, and with the stock markets tumbling it's only a matter of time before the economy collapses and we all end up scavenging for food while avoiding the plutocrats who are hunting us for sport, so you might as well enjoy yourself now.

Then kill her dad.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
RIP Bradford Jesus Man http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/13622663._Bradford_Jesus_Man__dies_in_hospital_after_fall_at_home/

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
im not in any hurry to buy a house

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

perhaps you shouldn't buy a ps4 corn...

you should buy a loving backbone

:lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned::lol::owned:

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

sounds like you should kill her with a spade

They've never steered me wrong before. Listen to them, corn.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Try telling her that, and how she's a domineering cow. Then you'll be single and you can buy what you want.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
sever. alternatively tell her you bought one second hand/buy one second hand and trade all the games you'll no longer play to cut some more off the price off

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

ive already told her im buying one and she can't stop me but in an effort to appease her ive agreed to wait till after xmas to see if the price drops

I hope that you didn't actually say the first part of this sentence...the second half (waiting until after christmas) is a sensible idea. It is always sensible to allow yourself to get something nice every now and then, otherwise saving for a house just feels really rubbish because you can't see any return on not having shiny things for the 5 years you're saving up...if she's been looking at anything shiny and pining as well, then you could make a pact that you both get to buy the shiny thing but no more until the next year?

(oldpost reply, sorry! Jose, there's no way you can hear our dog from here; I know because we can't hear our old next-door neighbours fighting, and you're at least that far away from us. So nice not having fighty neighbours any more)

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
whoops the missus just got in everybody shush

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Kluliss posted:

I hope that you didn't actually say the first part of this sentence...the second half (waiting until after christmas) is a sensible idea. It is always sensible to allow yourself to get something nice every now and then, otherwise saving for a house just feels really rubbish because you can't see any return on not having shiny things for the 5 years you're saving up...if she's been looking at anything shiny and pining as well, then you could make a pact that you both get to buy the shiny thing but no more until the next year?

(oldpost reply, sorry! Jose, there's no way you can hear our dog from here; I know because we can't hear our old next-door neighbours fighting, and you're at least that far away from us. So nice not having fighty neighbours any more)

Its £300 its hardly something thats breaking the bank

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

The Big Taff Man posted:

Its £300 its hardly something thats breaking the bank

depends how much you're earning and what disposable income you have....and apparently whether or not you're saving for a house with your partner...

I still view £300 as quite a lot of money...hell, it's our mortgage for a start :D

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

JFairfax posted:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Buy a ps4 and come and play rocket league and maybe diablo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

JFairfax posted:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kluliss posted:

I still view £300 as quite a lot of money...hell, it's our mortgage for a start :D

do you live in a shed, or in the welsh valleys

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
places in newcastle that aren't a complete shithole are quite cheap so long as you don't mind living 5 miles from the city centre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Buy a ps4 and use it as a really expensive netflix machine, corn. Like me.

(I can't loving wait for Fallout but in the meantime there hasn't been a game that's really grabbed me since Dragon Age Inquisition :smith: )