Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hi it's me hi hello :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

it is in fact not needed

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Byers2142 posted:

Allen and CPig, one of you two are scum. Convince me it's not you.
##vote Byers

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
High five I didn't even see this.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Byers2142 posted:

Trust me feels like a softclaim, I don't want to push that D1. So I backed off.

Really? That passes for a softclaim in these parts?

Weird.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
##vote Byers

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

:thumbsup:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Byers2142 posted:

Wrong, but fair enough.

So, we did a Mythbusters on the phrase "fair enough" that was busted, but only barely.

I really haven't liked anything you've said so far.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

How do I see a tally? There isn't one in the first post like the other game I'm playing.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
yeah its probably byers

##vote byers

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

ljtrigirl posted:

How do I see a tally? There isn't one in the first post like the other game I'm playing.

there is. either your eyes or your screen are not working

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

uranus posted:

there is. either your eyes or your screen are not working

It's at the top. That's way more convenient. :thumbsup:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

CapitalistPig posted:

yeah its probably byers

##vote byers

I mean, pretty much everyone else is a giant bag of shades of neutral for me so far. But Byers just seems super evil.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love Byers and would hate to send him to the morgue..

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Why are we backing off of wren?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

ljtrigirl posted:

So, we did a Mythbusters on the phrase "fair enough" that was busted, but only barely.

I really haven't liked anything you've said so far.

Look, Allen's reaction to pressure was scummy. You not liking what I say isn't something I can defend against, so I won't waste my time trying, but don't ignore his posting. Still, if that's how you feel, fair enough.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

yeah its probably byers

##vote byers

Why are you bouncing around so much? If I eat the lynch, do you use my flip to go after Allen tomorrow?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why are we backing off of wren?

Because I said fair enough.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Allen over reacted and I was just loving around at the beginning but now I'm serious.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

Why are you bouncing around so much? If I eat the lynch, do you use my flip to go after Allen tomorrow?

LOL what? yeah my whole two votes is just bouncing all over the place.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Byers2142 posted:

This is a really weird chain lynchy way to look at things

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is a really weird chain lynchy way to look at things

It's really not; he bounced from Allen to me and said I'm the one, implying scum in our back and forth.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Byers what role do you think was soft claimed

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I have literally no idea what Byers and Magnus are trying to do here, but goddamn, I don't like it.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

I have literally no idea what Byers and Magnus are trying to do here, but goddamn, I don't like it.

Its called a rynch

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Byers what role do you think was soft claimed

Dunno, daycop maybe? I was more interested in avoiding diving down the rabbit's hole of D1 claims that deciding what I thought he was softclaiming.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

We're trying to show people your responses were scummy, I understand if that disagrees with you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

At this point, CPIG and Allen are the two that should be up for discussion. CPig for the initial reaction and his tap dance between Allen and myself, and Allen for his more extreme reaction to any pressure, not just mine.

The remaining scum right now are sitting back and avoiding making any waves, but notice how many people are avoiding talking about those two.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

ljtrigirl posted:

Really? That passes for a softclaim in these parts?

Weird.

Was rereading and caught this; where'd you play before?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Dunno, daycop maybe? I was more interested in avoiding diving down the rabbit's hole of D1 claims that deciding what I thought he was softclaiming.

"I was more interested in saying there was a softclaim so I could back off that read in order to do dumb poo poo."

Byers2142 posted:

We're trying to show people your responses were scummy, I understand if that disagrees with you.

garbage post

Byers2142 posted:

At this point, CPIG and Allen are the two that should be up for discussion. CPig for the initial reaction and his tap dance between Allen and myself, and Allen for his more extreme reaction to any pressure, not just mine.

The remaining scum right now are sitting back and avoiding making any waves, but notice how many people are avoiding talking about those two.

The only reason we "should be up for discussion" is because you decided you'd play the old "I'll call people scum and say it's proof that they're scum when they balk" canard and it's really loving boring.

Yeah, scum is sitting back doing nothing right now and you know why? Because you're clogging up the airwaves with stupid poo poo. It's bad play, you should feel bad, and when I flip town, you should maybe take a seat and settle the gently caress down.

##vote Allen Wren

Come on, let's get this to day two already. Do it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

"I was more interested in saying there was a softclaim so I could back off that read in order to do dumb poo poo."

What read did I back down from?

quote:

The only reason we "should be up for discussion" is because you decided you'd play the old "I'll call people scum and say it's proof that they're scum when they balk" canard and it's really loving boring.

The wasn't the play I made, I saw something potentially scummy and when I pushed it you both blew up. But the real reason you should be up for discussion is that there have been three reads made this game, and two are being ignored. That is significant.

From the rest of your post you're now calling me bad town, not scum? What changed your mind? Also, please don't self-vote, that is almost always a bad play.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Also, please don't self-vote, that is almost always a bad play.

Don't get patronizing with me.

I'm not making any read, I'm saying you're bad at mafia.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

The wasn't the play I made,

buuuullshit

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Emotional you are.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Emotional you are.

deal w it

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

What read did I back down from?
that part's a legit misread, I thought that had to do with something you were saying not magnus's salacious crumb act over there

my bad

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

Don't get patronizing with me.

I'm not making any read, I'm saying you're bad at mafia.

Then don't make emotional gestures, it's just a stupid party game on the Internet. Self-votes are awful, and they're impossible to get a read on. You're frustrated, but do I read you now as frustrated town or scum?

Who do you see as scum?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

buuuullshit

It's really not. It might play out similarly, but the intent was different. One play forces a scum read, the other looks for a response to then make a read off of.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Emotional you are.

Magnus, thoughts on CPig? You didn't really say anything about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

It's really not. It might play out similarly, but the intent was different. One play forces a scum read, the other looks for a response to then make a read off of.

it really is

• Locked thread