Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Nettle Soup posted:

[01:55:57] <nettle> maybe we can swallow our hunger demon back up
[01:56:16] <nettle> Can we change our body to give ourselves the ability to consume him and bind him within ourself?
[01:56:27] <nettle> the body we're gonna make
[01:57:27] <~Diog> Ask in the thread if you want an answer.

Officially asking here, do we think we can do this?
You don't need to change your body to try to eat. You could do so. It will try to eat you as well. Your stomach, which you do not have, rumbles. The tapestry of colors around you becomes disharmonious and chaotic for a moment, as if someone slammed the piano while playing a beautiful song, interrupting the melody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:siren: Link to Update

BoneMonkeys Post-History

Come join us in IRC! #madgod on synirc.net - The topic of the day is ka.
Direct Mibbit Link

Question: Think at Snarls "Who's a good dog", he just saved us after all, even if he's asleep he deserves praise! Does his well change?

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 25, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Theglavwen posted:

Mmkay, one more question, working on a plan here.

Do we think we could use our powers while still in Snarls' body to assemble an altar, summon some beast from the wild, ritualistically slay it, either via Snarls' or by indicating one of our Balls to do so, and immolate it as a sacrifice to El? Basically do we have the resources as we are to perform a standard ritual sacrifice to El?
Nearly all of the wildlife seems to have fled the area in panic and despair. Even the flies and moths have fled. The worms of the soil burrow deeper. The natural world is aware of the horrific events occurring nearby.

Several hoofed grazing animals have fled, but can be called by your expanding abilities with ease and minimal expenditure of [???]. You could have them run back to you, it would take them a few mintues.

You cannot teleport them, unless you teleport to them and back. You could go to them swiftly, grab the, and take them back.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Diogines posted:

You don't need to change your body to try to eat. You could do so. It will try to eat you as well. Your stomach, which you do not have, rumbles. The tapestry of colors around you becomes disharmonious and chaotic for a moment, as if someone slammed the piano while playing a beautiful song, interrupting the melody.

Uuh okay so let's not ever eat any vapourstuff yeah?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
bop

Diogines posted:

Changing his body will change his mind, eventually.

You could still make some changes without changing his mind in any appreciable way.
Do we feel we could teach Snarls to count past ten, or read and write?
Do we sense we could make Snarls fertile?

Admittedly, that last one may be very dangerous territory, akin (or equivalent) to making ourselves fertile.

I have some idea of what I want to vote, but I'm curious and may not have picked up on this if it was clearly expressed: We feel our mind expanding, our knowledge increasing, as we stay in this state, yes? What consequences might there be of staying in this state for a little while longer, just to gain more knowledge/understanding? (Be that a day, a few hours, a few days...)

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 25, 2015

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Diog, question in regards to the item creation option. Our Hunger-self is no longer a meat-body, so do we know if we could make something like the Giant's soul-catcher spheres, but much stronger, that could be filled with Hunger-self, acting like a prison?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If we want to talk we should talk first, some of the other options may close off our ability to send messges.

L. Yo, 'sup? Having a little problem here, thought I'd get your advice. Who've I got on the line here?

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

This pull from Mt. Har, is it something that must be accepted? If we were to move to the summit at great speed, what would happen?

Have we been in this..Attached-but-not-inhabiting state before?

Is this what happened when we helped Danal in his flight from Athar?

Is this what happens when we Ball Trance?

Can we, say. TELEPORT IN, GRAB THIS loving HUNGERDEMON AND TAKE IT TO MT. HAR?

And...Why don't we poop?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Vavrek posted:

[b]Do we feel we could teach Snarls to count past ten, or read and write?
You could. You will need to tamper with his mind however, not his body, to do that.

Vavrek posted:

Do we sense we could make Snarls fertile?

What just happened? You blacked out for a moment.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Kristopher posted:

Diog, question in regards to the item creation option. Our Hunger-self is no longer a meat-body, so do we know if we could make something like the Giant's soul-catcher spheres, but much stronger, that could be filled with Hunger-self, acting like a prison?

This is a good one.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Vavrek posted:

I have some idea of what I want to vote, but I'm curious and may not have picked up on this if it was clearly expressed: We feel our mind expanding, our knowledge increasing, as we stay in this state, yes? What consequences might there be of staying in this state for a little while longer, just to gain more knowledge/understanding? (Be that a day, a few hours, a few days...)
You do not know at this time.

Kristopher posted:

You do not know how to make those. You can see them from here. They won't work on him at all. Nor on you. It is unclear why.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Angela Christine posted:

If we want to talk we should talk first, some of the other options may close off our ability to send messges.

L. Yo, 'sup? Having a little problem here, thought I'd get your advice. Who've I got on the line here?

this

Absum
May 28, 2013

I'm changing my vote from J to nothing cause I'm gonna sleep and want to see the discussion before I actually vote (mainly cause I want to at least get the shield back and if possible imprison demon us, either in an item or in Genun).

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

UppaTree posted:

[b] This pull from Mt. Har, is it something that must be accepted? If we were to move to the summit at great speed, what would happen?
You don't know. But you feel calm as you consider it. A little calmer, considering the soul-shattering pain you just felt.

UppaTree posted:

Have we been in this..Attached-but-not-inhabiting state before?
You do not know.

UppaTree posted:

Is this what happened when we helped Danal in his flight from Athar?
You do not know.

UppaTree posted:

Is this what happens when we Ball Trance?
No. That is something else.

UppaTree posted:

Can we, say. TELEPORT IN, GRAB THIS loving HUNGERDEMON AND TAKE IT TO MT. HAR?
You sense that you could disrupt the ability of something else to do this to you at a cost of [???]. It can probably do the same?

UppaTree posted:

And...Why don't we poop?
Your former body was ultra-efficient when properly supplied. It did not need to.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Diogines posted:

Another Presence is close. In the village. Genin? Is it a king? Whatever it is, it is sleeping. If the demon opens the door, Genin will awaken and consume it... and consume far more than that as well. Your men are unlikely to escape alive, nor Snarls. The demon may be a greater being, yet the Sleeper has had many, many more meals... and fighting it will draw attention from the being to the south.

So while Hunger-Og seemed really powerful and unstoppable, he doesn't seem to hold a candle to a Greater Demon. If we can tether and untether our being to a corporeal form, perhaps we can zip over to the giant tower, open the door to Genin and then return to snarls. Maybe our little demon problem will just sort itself out.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Diogines posted:

Your former body was ultra-efficient when properly supplied. It did not need to.

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

You can. You just need to untether yourself.

We're seriously going to become some sort of twisted Johnny Demonseed, traveling the world shucking off mindless monsters left and right as we retreat to Snarls every time our Well (inevitably) dries up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I know we don't usually do not votes, but I really don't want us to inhabit a new body for the time being. We'll be throwing away so much.

M. Send a message to Azz "Hi Azz, any idea what just happened? Any idea what's going to happen now?"

Outrail fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 25, 2015

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I love that whatever we are connecting to in order to obtain all this knowledge is censoring us.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

Holy poo poo

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Okay, new information worth considering.

1. Genin. Genin is stronger than the demon. If we as the hunger demon had gone straight for Genin, it probably would have eaten us. Genin, it is suggested can consume the Demon, making Genin a potential way to contain it. A risk is that Genin might grow much more powerful by consuming our Demon, but if whatever is to the south has had Genin under control so far, hopefully that won't change. Genin, at least, seems to be a known and contained power.
2. Demons apparently can be consumed. Is this what was meant by Amok, when he said his sons tried to consume each other and their people? Can Demons indeed be ended by being consumed, their intangible form added to another's? Sort of flies in the face of what we've heard about them being unendable, but maybe it'll be like if we were consumed by the Doom of Taanach, existing eternally inside something else, used as a power source. Potentially supports the idea of feeding the Demon to a greater one, like Asherah.
3. Contacting Mt. Har is not the same as contacting the Melachim, but rather contacting whatever sits atop it.
4. We can contact Asherah, and try to contact whatever exists below us. Probably a terrible idea.
5. We can contact whoever rules here, to the south, the faux Amok I imagine. Is it a Demon, or is it Zepa's son? If the latter, maybe, maybe, he would help us?
6. We can potentially eat the Demon. The ... world(?) doesn't seem to like that idea much, it might not be healthy for us, but it's not very clear how or why. If consuming the demon would contain it, and we can do that, is it our responsibility to do that then?

I still think we will need to contact something for more information on how to bind the Demon, build or get our body back, then tackle our mistake, and we need to do it quickly. The above might give us more options or resources for how to do that third step though, so we should probably keep them in mind.

Now about a cohesive plan to do all that ...

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Diogines posted:

What just happened? You blacked out for a moment.

What just happened?

I want to see if I can make us black out again.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Okay, because its Q&A Time and the thread has exploded.
Can we get a sit-rep on what is going on now, and what we are deciding?

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Can we give Snarls invisible wings like our old body?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

BoyG posted:

So while Hunger-Og seemed really powerful and unstoppable, he doesn't seem to hold a candle to a Greater Demon. If we can tether and untether our being to a corporeal form, perhaps we can zip over to the giant tower, open the door to Genin and then return to snarls. Maybe our little demon problem will just sort itself out.

The Sleeper will awaken hungry.

And Snarls will be an irresistible meal.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Can we give Snarls invisible wings like our old body?
You could.

Vavrek posted:

What just happened?

I want to see if I can make us black out again.

What happened, what?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

who is our dad?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Do we have any new insight into who or what Ishmael is? Is he as he says and just old as gently caress or something more?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

who is our dad?
You do not know.

You have gained some new information about yourself, your abilities and things nearby.

You have no idea what Naomi had your breakfast. You are not omniscient. The new knowledge you have gained, are gaining, is mostly about yourself and the local area.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Diogines posted:

You sense that you could disrupt the ability of something else to do this to you at a cost of [???]. It can probably do the same?

These..Less Terrestrial Attacks that would drain our [???], are we capable of making them? Are we capable of creating a body that could make them?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Morand posted:

Do we have any new insight into who or what Ishmael is? Is he as he says and just old as gently caress or something more?
You do not know. If he was closer, you could learn a great deal more about him.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Is there any way to mend our portion of our soul and snarls's back together?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

UppaTree posted:

These..Less Terrestrial Attacks that would drain our [???], are we capable of making them? Are we capable of creating a body that could make them?
At the expenditure of [???]. A body could expend such attacks more effectively. It seems many kinds of [???] effects are more effective with a body. Maybe not all? You are not sure you understand what the other kinds even are.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
What happened at Tannach when our well was being sapped
What was the dream about
Why was Paebel draining our [???]
Why did we get a big boost to [???] with the Roc
How is Ashael related to us? Can we sense some of yourself in him?
What did the Watcher do to us at Tannach and how would it kill us? Is it still there?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Rahul posted:

Is there any way to mend our portion of our soul and snarls's back together?
You could eat him. He would dwell within you. The stronger of you would prevail.

That is not you.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

What happened at Tannach when our well was being sapped
You do not know. The knowledge you have gained is mostly about yourself, your senses and the the nature of... you don't really have words for it.

You don't seem to have gained much in the way of knowledge of distant things, though maybe some of your knowledge is applicable to past events? Maybe? You certainly can't gain any new sensory information about them. You are now. They were then.

Arkanomen posted:

What was the dream about
Why was Paebel draining our [???]
Why did we get a big boost to [???] with the Roc
You do not know.

Arkanomen posted:

How is Ashael related to us? Can we sense some of yourself in him?
He is not in any... biological sense. But you feel a deep connection of another sort you can't easily put into words, one you share with all of your present Balls. Each is unique, including Asahel's, but in some ways similar? In other ways, not.

After catching up with the thread yesterday I decided to just turn off my computer. I think those choosing hero should remember that some people won't agree on how to be a hero or even that he should be one. I wanted to not shoot the big men (I knew it!) after we promised on pain of death to never use our bow on them.

The last few time's I've voted I tried to think of what other voters could choose afterwards. They might vote the same thing for different reasons. Like when we never agreed that this was going to be a diplomatic mission (technically true) but we still decided to carry a whole bunch of loot that just slowed us down, or when the "stealth and information gathering" voters and the "kill the giants" voters both wanted to go into the house.

I was wondering why we were trying to kill defenseless giants when we've been taught that even demons should be given a chance to resist and we were so close to being gravely injured by the mighty giant in the forest. Congrats to Team Hunger edit: sorry team hunger, no cool demon for you.

Diog, do we think we could tranfer Snarl's conciousness into a new body or separate him from his [???] so the us in Snarls' body can keep almost all of the [???]

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Can we sense the means by which we can increase [???]

Not necessarily why, just the how

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

post posted:

After catching up with the thread yesterday I decided to just turn off my computer. I think those choosing hero should remember that some people won't agree on how to be a hero or even that he should be one. I wanted to not shoot the big men (I knew it!) after we promised on pain of death to never use our bow on them.

The last few time's I've voted I tried to think of what other voters could choose afterwards. They might vote the same thing for different reasons. Like when we never agreed that this was going to be a diplomatic mission (technically true) but we still decided to carry a whole bunch of loot that just slowed us down, or when the "stealth and information gathering" voters and the "kill the giants" voters both wanted to go into the house.

I was wondering why we were trying to kill defenseless giants when we've been taught that even demons should be given a chance to resist and we were so close to being gravely injured by the mighty giant in the forest. Congrats to Team Hunger edit: sorry team hunger, no cool demon for you.

Diog, do we think we could tranfer Snarl's conciousness into a new body or separate him from his [???] so the us in Snarls' body can keep almost all of the [???]
Taking too much of it will cause him to come to harm.

Taking most of it will cause him to come to harm.

The nature of the harm is unclear.

You can't take it all with you, without injuring Snarls but you should be able to easily make a new body and refill your Well without putting a significant dent in his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TheCog posted:

Can we sense the means by which we can increase [???]

Not necessarily why, just the how
It is increasing.

Very, very, very slowly.

Your men are somehow involved. You don't have the vocabulary. It is unclear if it is only them? Or something else?