Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

imgay posted:

I've been distracted today, first day of class. I'll check in when I get home with a steamy shitpost for everyone.

imgay posted:

##vote TMMadman

imgay posted:

Intresting

For reference. None of this is adding anything to the game whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at what point is a steamy shitpost supposed to be content

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I dont even understand your question.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
extra steam

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Why did you say there was no content but then as soon as Rarity pointed out the votes on her you said they were bad?

Why did you point out Jake's as particularly bad?

Why didn't you vote for any of them but instead kept your vote on derp, which you said was a joke vote?

Why are you now voting for me and haven't mentioned any of them since?

Why did Opop deserve a vote for saying he thought someone was scummy and not voting for it, when you did the same thing?

Because those votes were bad. Go look at them. It's Rarity asking is people are going to play Mafia and then three votes with no actual content. Jakes is the worst because at least the first two I could see being just jokey type votes since they happened literally minutes after and Ixt seems to joking about turboing. JakePs vote feels the most opportunistic and snarky. Cpigs wasn't much better at just a quote and vote.

I just wasn't concerned about removing my joke vote at the time. I am usually phone posting and it can be harder to format that stuff, so sometimes I just don't bother with that kind of stuff.

And once again, I feel there is a difference between saying someone is scummy ~2 hours from the deadline and not voting and doing it at a point father out.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMM, your thoughts on imgay?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

TMM, your thoughts on imgay?

I never have any real thoughts on imgay. He is often pure white noise to me. Often seems scummy, but usually turns up town. I'm generally willing to vote him out at any point because I can't really read him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I never have any real thoughts on imgay. He is often pure white noise to me. Often seems scummy, but usually turns up town. I'm generally willing to vote him out at any point because I can't really read him.

And it's easier to vote him during the early days because of the fact that I can't read him. I usually do get a bead on him a couple days into the game though.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But I still like Asiina for calling me awkward and fake when I do nothing but post with 100% earnestness.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm okay with that, didn't know id be so busy anways

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

But I still like Asiina for calling me awkward and fake when I do nothing but post with 100% earnestness.

You didn't answer half of my questions, and this is still not a reason for your OMGUS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

You didn't answer half of my questions, and this is still not a reason for your OMGUS.

Don't be mad that I caught scum here already Asiina. It's always funny when scum push the OMGUS angle.

I was 100% earnest in my posting and you want to call it fake and awkward. That's scummy. Especially because you said it was a total gut read at first and then made up the awkward and fake bit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Don't be mad that I caught scum here already Asiina. It's always funny when scum push the OMGUS angle.

I was 100% earnest in my posting and you want to call it fake and awkward. That's scummy. Especially because you said it was a total gut read at first and then made up the awkward and fake bit.

You still haven't answered my questions, now you're just deflecting to white noise meta stuff.

Let's say you're town though, and my gut read is wrong. Why does that make me scum? What is scummy about getting the wrong impression of someone's posts? And why is it immediately stronger than your comment about other people with bad votes?

Also I didn't make up my reasons. I just posted them afterwards since actually explaining what is pinging your gut helps others see what you see.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina, what do you think of imgay?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

You still haven't answered my questions, now you're just deflecting to white noise meta stuff.

Let's say you're town though, and my gut read is wrong. Why does that make me scum? What is scummy about getting the wrong impression of someone's posts? And why is it immediately stronger than your comment about other people with bad votes?

Also I didn't make up my reasons. I just posted them afterwards since actually explaining what is pinging your gut helps others see what you see.

Are you just deliberately ignoring the post where I did answer all your questions?

I'll even quote it for you:

TMMadman posted:

Because those votes were bad. Go look at them. It's Rarity asking is people are going to play Mafia and then three votes with no actual content. Jakes is the worst because at least the first two I could see being just jokey type votes since they happened literally minutes after and Ixt seems to joking about turboing. JakePs vote feels the most opportunistic and snarky. Cpigs wasn't much better at just a quote and vote.

I just wasn't concerned about removing my joke vote at the time. I am usually phone posting and it can be harder to format that stuff, so sometimes I just don't bother with that kind of stuff.

And once again, I feel there is a difference between saying someone is scummy ~2 hours from the deadline and not voting and doing it at a point father out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Asiina, what do you think of imgay?

Impossible to tell since he's just unabashedly shitposting, and since that's his MO I can't really pull a read off him. It also sounds like maybe he doesn't want to play? I'm not sure what this post means.

imgay posted:

I'm okay with that, didn't know id be so busy anways

Would vote to prevent no lynch, but obviously feel a lot stronger about Madman.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Would vote to prevent no lynch, but obviously feel a lot stronger about Madman.

While I certainly would like to see you lynched right now, I will also agree with this statment. Well, except the Madman part. ;)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it would be cool to live, but i understand

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

it would be cool to live, but i understand

What do you think of Asiina imgay?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think asiina believes you are scum, but you guys been pretty tunnelly bout each other. niether cyou guys could be scum and its one of ther many lurkers

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

i think asiina believes you are scum, but you guys been pretty tunnelly bout each other. niether cyou guys could be scum and its one of ther many lurkers

Alright, what about JakeP? I didn't care for his Rarity vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, why hasn't uranus voted at all?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
such big questions

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's better than anything else is posting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, just look at how Asiina ignored the post where I answered her questions. I am playing above the board, she is not by deliberately ignoring my answers and then saying I am not answering her questions.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is anyone else even around

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The most apathetic heist ever.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
oh hi, im here sorry. lets kill someone.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uranus posted:

oh hi, im here sorry. lets kill someone.

Thoughts on Asiina?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
##vote mad man i guess

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uranus posted:

##vote mad man i guess

Knew that was coming. I was actually about to post if that's what you want to do, I don't blame you given my last game with you. :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Also, just look at how Asiina ignored the post where I answered her questions. I am playing above the board, she is not by deliberately ignoring my answers and then saying I am not answering her questions.

What answers?

I asked 5 questions and you half-assed answered 3 of them.

Jake's vote was the worst because it was opportunistic and snarky? In what way? How does snarky mean he is scum?

You didn't change your vote because you didn't feel like it.

And Opop's non-vote was over some invisible threshold that doesn't apply to yours.

Those were your answers to all of my questions and you're wondering why I'm asking for more.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever, this seems like it's going to be a lurking game anyway and those are boring.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I will help you ##vote TMM

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Whatever, this seems like it's going to be a lurking game anyway and those are boring.

Agreed, those grapes were probably pretty sour anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Don't vote TMM idiots. Didn't you see his claim?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Don't vote TMM idiots. Didn't you see his claim?

Its too late he's hammered

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, that certainly could have gone better. Not only do you not get all the explosives we need...

quote:

Welcome, TMMadman. You are Dallas, The Mastermind. You are town-aligned.

Experienced, cunning, methodical. At the age of 30 he tried to play two of Chicago's mob families against each other. It went south and several bosses ordered Dallas's head on a plate, but somehow he managed to go underground and survive. After things calmed down he worked his way back up the criminal ladder. Now he's the face that everyone fears.

Win Conditions: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:
Combat Doctor - You are a Doctor, in that as a night action, you may select a player, who is then protected from any killing actions that night. However, you will also receive a status report at the end of the night, indicating whether your target was targeted with a killing action, targeted with a non-killing action, or not targeted at all.

That's as good as you're going to get because I couldn't find a way to balance Aced Inspire.

...you used a third of them to blow up Dallas. Great job. I'm calling in a favor from Vlad to see if we can get him out of there in one piece. I'm going to have to rethink the next phase of the plan. <sigh> Get some sleep. Things should be better in the morning. Bain won't let you down.

It is now Night One. Night One will end when all actions have been processed or at 10 PM CDT, August 25th.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Votecount for Day 1

TMMadman (6): Asiina, imgay, CapitalistPig, JakeP, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, uranus, Opopanax
Asiina (2): HiipFire, TMMadman, TMMadman, Opopanax, TMMadman, Opopanax
imgay (1): fiery_valkyrie
Ixtlilton (1): Rarity
Rarity (1): CapitalistPig, Ixtlilton, JakeP, CapitalistPig, JakeP
uranus (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
HiipFire (0): JakeP, JakeP
Opopanax (0): fiery_valkyrie, TMMadman, TMMadman, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to plorp. The current deadline is August 24th, 2015 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Payday Gang Safehouse, the following morning.

Well, this is just great. At least half a mil invested in security systems to keep cops out and it apparently freaks out if someone throws a smoke grenade. Which...they did.

This is the most useful image I got of last night's attack and it explains absolutely loving nothing. Obviously, with the amount of blood we lost somebody, but they're smart enough to move the body. All they left was the mask.

Today, we do nothing. The Butcher is willing to handle the rest of the explosives, but they need to be flown in. Delays cost money, gentlemen. I hope you can find where our leak is.

It is now Day Two. Day Two will end at 6 PM CDT, Thursday, August 27th.

• Locked thread