Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, it's a creative pool.

I picked up the flower, planted it away from everything (but still close enough to bind to the pool) and it still didn't kill anything for like five minutes. Then it started again, so I picked it up, put it back in the circuit, and it started acting as expected.

:psyduck:

Actually, a bit of a wild theory, but you didn't happen to set up near a mob closet or anything, did you?

It has a pretty wide range (6 blocks in all directions) and it could be trying to kill a witch or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Steelion posted:

I have ender lilies, even with ender cores under them they take forever to grow, and requisitioning ender pearls every time I want to make enderium, or spark augments, or terrasteel, or anything else gets expensive fast. Guess I should get to work setting up a bread factory.

Set up a mob grinder, get a ghast or an enderman. Ghasts tears turn into 2 ender pearls with botania.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Glory of Arioch posted:

Actually, a bit of a wild theory, but you didn't happen to set up near a mob closet or anything, did you?

It has a pretty wide range (6 blocks in all directions) and it could be trying to kill a witch or something.

Nah, it's in an empty area. I'm gonna just watch for a while, see what it does over time. :shrug:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Mzbundifund posted:

Did you just live with those blood splotches or did you find a way to destroy them? You can't place blocks on them, pickaxes don't seem to do anything, and my excavation focus just goes right through the dang things. Are they indestructible?

I deal with them. They're mostly in staircases anyway and it's not like I'm building poo poo halfway up a staircase. :shrug:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

The quest book in blightfall should mention the lunch box. My god that thing is a godsend, my inventory heaves a sigh of relief.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Soooo, Don't use the dislocation focus around underground biome blocks. It crashes the game and makes an extra spawner. also I know have a pig spawner.

Edit: baby zombies are not applicable targets of sacrafice.

Edit2: The text lies, the zombies have to be within 2 blocks of the alter to be sacraficed.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 25, 2015

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Ah, I finally found what triggers the floating island scouting quests to open. You have to discover Adamantite. FYI, the center of the large volcano island counts as a mountain. You have to dig around towards the edges to get netherrack, and mountain-related ores are in the middle. Also I think the very middle (the area covered with lava) counts as a hill since it's a lower elevation, but that just means mountain ores are rarer there.

Edit: Wait it's not Adamantite? That was supposed to unlock a black market quest, not... okay, I'm guessing it's that you have to discover a certain number of alien metals.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 25, 2015

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM
So I posted a few pages back but I dunno if anyone saw, whats the current best technology etc modpack to use on a server, and how can I get it on there? The old tekkit modpack we were able to find a server download, but I don't see them listed for some other modpacks.
I was hoping to find a recent modpack since old minecraft servers crash weirdly for me. But I didn't have an issue with OMP sigma 2, except we couldn't find a server download for it.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
Some questions for RR3:
Can steam from Flaxbeard's Steam Power be converted into RF?
Can power from Immersive Engineering? Or can it power things like SAG mills, Redstone furnaces, etc?
Is there any way to get the old Applied Energistics back? I hate the new order of things and installed the Equivalent Exchange... equivalent mod as an alternative storage option.
Is Iron meant to be rare? it's certainly my bottleneck right about now. I've found a workaround for the time being, though -almost any metal can make a pair of shears, and a pair of shears, when melted down in a TC smeltery, yields iron. So you can convert bronze or whatever into iron.
What is the cause of slowdown that generates messages in the console about the client being so many ticks behind and asking if the system time has changed? Is this just "too many mods"?

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Red_October_7000 posted:

Some questions for RR3:
Can steam from Flaxbeard's Steam Power be converted into RF?Can power from Immersive Engineering? Or can it power things like SAG mills, Redstone furnaces, etc?
That's what the Pressure Converter is for! It converts Flaxbeard steam into Forge-compatible steam, which you can use with several different mods (Thermal Expansion, for instance). Immersive Engineering power is RF, just at variable rates. So you could conceivably use either, but Flaxbeard is kinda poo poo with the possible exception of the Steam Hammer with an anvil.

Red_October_7000 posted:

Is there any way to get the old Applied Energistics back? I hate the new order of things and installed the Equivalent Exchange... equivalent mod as an alternative storage option.
No, I don't think so unless you can find an old .zip or .jar floating around. Even then it might have some compatibility issues. Just learn to live with it by which I mean just cheat yourself the circuit schematics and fluix crystals :ssh:

Red_October_7000 posted:

Is Iron meant to be rare? it's certainly my bottleneck right about now. I've found a workaround for the time being, though -almost any metal can make a pair of shears, and a pair of shears, when melted down in a TC smeltery, yields iron. So you can convert bronze or whatever into iron.
Jesus man. No, iron's pretty common. If you're running Metallurgy get its basic ore doubling up ASAP unless you've got sufficient lava. Aside from that? Check Not Enough Resources-- it should show you the ideal mining depths for every ore.

Red_October_7000 posted:

What is the cause of slowdown that generates messages in the console about the client being so many ticks behind and asking if the system time has changed? Is this just "too many mods"?
The smallest installation of RR3 contains 64 mods. That's if you uncheck every single box. No Botania, no Tinker's, no Thaumcraft, no Thermal Dynamics/Expansion. Strip away all you can and you still have a bloated mess. A fun bloated mess, but still.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Red_October_7000 posted:

There's a script someone posted in the last 10 pages that makes AE2 much much easier for you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Two farming questions. Is there a better Tinker's Construct option for tilling soil than the mattock? The Scythe only mentions reaping plants and common sense says that scythes cut and don't till.

Second, is there a place where I can find carrots in Blightfall or do I just have to get lucky with the seed requisitions? My mission outlook has dipped into the negatives because i am bad.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Kraven Moorhed posted:

That's what the Pressure Converter is for! It converts Flaxbeard steam into Forge-compatible steam, which you can use with several different mods (Thermal Expansion, for instance). Immersive Engineering power is RF, just at variable rates. So you could conceivably use either, but Flaxbeard is kinda poo poo with the possible exception of the Steam Hammer with an anvil.

No, I don't think so unless you can find an old .zip or .jar floating around. Even then it might have some compatibility issues. Just learn to live with it by which I mean just cheat yourself the circuit schematics and fluix crystals :ssh:

Jesus man. No, iron's pretty common. If you're running Metallurgy get its basic ore doubling up ASAP unless you've got sufficient lava. Aside from that? Check Not Enough Resources-- it should show you the ideal mining depths for every ore.

The smallest installation of RR3 contains 64 mods. That's if you uncheck every single box. No Botania, no Tinker's, no Thaumcraft, no Thermal Dynamics/Expansion. Strip away all you can and you still have a bloated mess. A fun bloated mess, but still.

Thanks dude :) Yeah I have no qualms about cheating stuff in. Got me in trouble once, though, the recipe is disabled for the Buildcraft refinery, so I gave myself one. Turns out what it puts out is treated as a gas, so it flows upwards, and also it gets tagged as hot/corrosive/whatever and thus blows up temperate fluiducts. I processed and entire drum of oil before realizing that it was useless.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Ariong posted:

Two farming questions. Is there a better Tinker's Construct option for tilling soil than the mattock? The Scythe only mentions reaping plants and common sense says that scythes cut and don't till.

Second, is there a place where I can find carrots in Blightfall or do I just have to get lucky with the seed requisitions? My mission outlook has dipped into the negatives because i am bad.

What dome did you start in?

If you started in Beta, there's three villages nearby- one has carrots, one has potatoes, and one has pumpkins. Carrots are in the northern village of the three.

Minor spoiler thing, but I know I'm loving finding things via exploration, so, figured I'd be careful.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

OmniBeer posted:

What dome did you start in?

If you started in Beta, there's three villages nearby- one has carrots, one has potatoes, and one has pumpkins. Carrots are in the northern village of the three.

Minor spoiler thing, but I know I'm loving finding things via exploration, so, figured I'd be careful.

Alpha, but I have unlocked all of the bases for teleportation. I saw those villages on the map, but they proved to be deathtraps. I'll have to figure out a new strategy so I can gank their produce. Battlechef.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Get yourself some ranged attacks and the village guards won't gut you so quickly while you're pilfering their farmland.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Ariong posted:

Alpha, but I have unlocked all of the bases for teleportation. I saw those villages on the map, but they proved to be deathtraps. I'll have to figure out a new strategy so I can gank their produce. Battlechef.

Yeaaaaaaah, just don't let the guards get ANYWHERE near you. The rest isn't so bad, but early on, I died a few times making runs for stuff.

Bonus: Get on a roof (longsword's jump ability helps for this) and use ranged attacks to murder everything.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

OmniBeer posted:

Yeaaaaaaah, just don't let the guards get ANYWHERE near you. The rest isn't so bad, but early on, I died a few times making runs for stuff.

Bonus: Get on a roof (longsword's jump ability helps for this) and use ranged attacks to murder everything.

I just ran in, grabbed carrots potatoes and wheat and tried not to die. Keepinventory is true so as long as you got some you will be good.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Red_October_7000 posted:

Thanks dude :) Yeah I have no qualms about cheating stuff in. Got me in trouble once, though, the recipe is disabled for the Buildcraft refinery, so I gave myself one. Turns out what it puts out is treated as a gas, so it flows upwards, and also it gets tagged as hot/corrosive/whatever and thus blows up temperate fluiducts. I processed and entire drum of oil before realizing that it was useless.

Here's recipes to skip past the tedious bullshit. Besides that, IMO AE2 is great.

Taffer posted:

Here's some hassle-free AE recipes. As usual there is a slight convenience tax and of course you can still make them the old way if you're material starved. Save these into a file ending in .zs (e.g. ae.zs) and put it your scripts folder. Either restart MC or use /mt reload. Enjoy.

code:
//aliases
val iron = <minecraft:iron_ingot>;
val gold = <minecraft:gold_ingot>;
val redstone = <minecraft:redstone>;
val nether_quartz = <minecraft:quartz>;
val diamond = <minecraft:diamond>;
val silicon = <ore:itemSilicon>;

val certus_quartz = <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:0>;
val charged_quartz = <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:1>;
val fluix_crystal = <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:7>;

val proc_gold = <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:22>;
val proc_quartz = <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:23>;
val proc_diamond = <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:24>;

////////////////////////////
//  Alternate AE Recipes  //
////////////////////////////

//circuit recipes
recipes.addShaped(proc_gold,
   [[redstone, silicon, null],
	[  iron,    gold, 	null],
	[redstone, silicon, null]]);

recipes.addShaped(proc_diamond,
   [[redstone, silicon, null],
	[  iron,   diamond, null 	],

recipes.addShaped(proc_quartz,
   [[redstone, silicon, 	null],
	[ iron, charged_quartz, null],

//fluix crystal
recipes.addShapeless(fluix_crystal * 2, [charged_quartz, nether_quartz, redstone]);
e: fixed

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

SugarAddict posted:

I just ran in, grabbed carrots potatoes and wheat and tried not to die. Keepinventory is true so as long as you got some you will be good.

what

a pack finally did this

Ok, I need to play blightfall now. I'm going to have to make some time this weekend, I'm ready to get in there and clean up my taint.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah they did a good job with death in Blightfall. You don't have to worry about going on frustrating corpseruns anymore, but death isn't completely meaningless. Dying causes you to lose reputation, which acts as your currency and your win condition/fail state.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the current best "Everything and the Kitchen Sink" pack?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I don't know about best, but I had a lot of fun with FTB Infinity and it has an absolute ton of mods. Lots of tech and magic stuff, and a really crazy (borderline creative mode) endgame

Just be careful cause it's easy to turn things into a laggy mess.

Tbh though if someone has suggestions for a technic pack that's a similar kind of everything pack, go for that. I really like the technic launcher a lot better

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 25, 2015

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Steelion posted:

So basically I have to kill all the tainted critters, track down the slimes that are clogging the caves (which I need to find first) and then keep all the passive mobs e: and bats :suicide:)that spawn in the cleared ground (using a different cap) from wandering off and turning into more tainted critters.

Welp.

e: rotten flesh and bones aren't the things I want more of, really I just want endermen (and blazes, but christ I'm not looking forward to trying to clear off the volcano.)

I had some tainted slimes outside alpha yesterday - and they got in - WTF! they glitched through the dome and tainted my cow farm :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Something you should prioritize starting off is to do the scout quests and pillage ethereal blooms. Getting half a dozen is easy and is enough to start clearing a safe ring around your dome. Being able to set foot outside without the ground attacking you feels good, and it'll keep the inside of your dome safer, and there's a quest eventually that you need a bunch of blooms for.

Scouting also nets you a ton of reputation!

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 25, 2015

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Whats the current best "Everything and the Kitchen Sink" pack?

If you want balanced progression - TPPI is your pack,

AT Launcher has some fun packs.

Hermitcraft ModSauce 2 is pretty good and has most stuff including Galacticraft and Archimedes ships.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Meaning what, exactly? 'Cuz I googled NTR, aaaaand apparently it's some kind of anime cuckolding fetish.

Yup.

I was just thinking it makes you feel angry and helpless but you can't help feeling like you coulda/shoulda/woulda done something to change it. Maybe if it said 'THIS WILL COST YOU MISSION OUTLOOK, WHICH CAN CAUSE YOU TO LOSE THE GAME' in big red letters? Maybe you could find their teamspeak/skype/mumble/whatever info and log on and scream about how wrong what's his face is about absolutely everything?

But you'll never have that satisfaction. He will stay clueless forever, and there's nothing you can do. Someday, he may even get a job doing something important, and we will all suffer for it.

I'm sure it's not much different from the feeling that NTR fetishists get off on.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Who wants to complain about Thaumcraft? I want to complain about Thaumcraft!

So I'm about at the point in Blightfall where I maybe should kinda sorta run up that magic track and, say, start cleaning up stuff. I only superficially know what I'm doing from having half-assed Thaumcraft in Agrarian Skies before. I know enough to turn off the research minigame, that's for sure! So I was reading about all this centivis crap and decided it was for me. But first, I need a silverwood wand or better to even jar up a node. But first I need the ingredients for one. But first I need the equipment to make the ingredients for one.

Who wants to complain about the crucible? I want to complain about the cricible!

I learned right away the drat thing is only safe to make one item at a time with. I was making some candles for my infusion altar stability love nest, and decided to experiment with throwing in the component ingredients in one hit. It vomited purple gunk, ignored the catalyst, and I learned a lesson. So it was back-and-forth, mashing the stuff in. At one point I tossed in my hardened satchel. Gone in pile of purple gunk! Yeah, I cheated that back in. gently caress that. Also the stuff I thought I had in it. Glass and saplings or whatever. Eventually I somehow managed to get those candles done, and somehow shat out a pair of balanced shards for good measure.

Who wants to complain about essentia distillation? I want to complain about essentia distillation!

Let's pop a jar off that alembic. Ahh, good, it's filling up! This item makes two types of essentia, so I have to switch the jars back and forth. Okay, whatever. I remembered loving this up and having three jars of random crap while sorting it out. Okay, on to the next item. But first, Rocko wants to be safe than sorry, and he switches the jars back-and-forth to drain everything off. Nothing filled up, and the jars were not full. Good! Ok, next item. Put in a new jar... hey why is some more old poo poo running into this? Where did that come from? This is when I cheated in some jars because guhhhhh. This is how I get three jars with, like, one of the same thing in them.

Who wants to complain about the infusion altar? I want to complain about the infusion altar!

So with something like a stack of candles in a diamond underneath the altar, I slap in the ingredients for a silverwood rod. Starts up, and everything looks okay. I get that issue where essentia appears to get stuck on a pillar, but I don't think that actually means it got stuck. Or maybe not. One of the ingredients exploded and the thing refused to accept replacements. I had to abort and lose all the essentia. The second time, I put all the essentia above the pillars, and it worked, although it shat out flux goo over one of the pedestals.

Ahh good, so now I have the wand. Well, no. I have the rod. Okay, let's gold cap this thing. Nope! I don't have the ordo! Ok let's get ordo in Blightfall hahahahaha nope.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

I did not know I could do this.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So I'm about at the point in Blightfall where I maybe should kinda sorta run up that magic track and, say, start cleaning up stuff. I only superficially know what I'm doing from having half-assed Thaumcraft in Agrarian Skies before. I know enough to turn off the research minigame, that's for sure! So I was reading about all this centivis crap and decided it was for me. But first, I need a silverwood wand or better to even jar up a node. But first I need the ingredients for one. But first I need the equipment to make the ingredients for one.

Who wants to complain about the crucible? I want to complain about the cricible!

I learned right away the drat thing is only safe to make one item at a time with. I was making some candles for my infusion altar stability love nest, and decided to experiment with throwing in the component ingredients in one hit. It vomited purple gunk, ignored the catalyst, and I learned a lesson. So it was back-and-forth, mashing the stuff in. At one point I tossed in my hardened satchel. Gone in pile of purple gunk! Yeah, I cheated that back in. gently caress that. Also the stuff I thought I had in it. Glass and saplings or whatever. Eventually I somehow managed to get those candles done, and somehow shat out a pair of balanced shards for good measure.

Who wants to complain about essentia distillation? I want to complain about essentia distillation!

Let's pop a jar off that alembic. Ahh, good, it's filling up! This item makes two types of essentia, so I have to switch the jars back and forth. Okay, whatever. I remembered loving this up and having three jars of random crap while sorting it out. Okay, on to the next item. But first, Rocko wants to be safe than sorry, and he switches the jars back-and-forth to drain everything off. Nothing filled up, and the jars were not full. Good! Ok, next item. Put in a new jar... hey why is some more old poo poo running into this? Where did that come from? This is when I cheated in some jars because guhhhhh. This is how I get three jars with, like, one of the same thing in them.

Who wants to complain about the infusion altar? I want to complain about the infusion altar!

So with something like a stack of candles in a diamond underneath the altar, I slap in the ingredients for a silverwood rod. Starts up, and everything looks okay. I get that issue where essentia appears to get stuck on a pillar, but I don't think that actually means it got stuck. Or maybe not. One of the ingredients exploded and the thing refused to accept replacements. I had to abort and lose all the essentia. The second time, I put all the essentia above the pillars, and it worked, although it shat out flux goo over one of the pedestals.

Ahh good, so now I have the wand. Well, no. I have the rod. Okay, let's gold cap this thing. Nope! I don't have the ordo! Ok let's get ordo in Blightfall hahahahaha nope.

Okay first, you can use an elemental wand core to jar nodes. You need 75 vis of each type, which elemental wands have. Alternatively, you can make a greatwood Staff, which doesn't even require an infusion altar.

For the crucible, you just need to know that it has a cap of how much essentia it can contain at once. I think it's like, 50? You can make like 8 tallow at once, iirc.

You don't have to switch jars to distill stuff. There are four outputs on an alembic, so you can put tubes on each of those four sides and handle any item that has 4 aspects or less. If something has five, you either need more alembics and label the bottom one, or you can use a golem and not deal with tubes or moving around jars at all. Also, if you're wearing goggles of revealing you can see what's in the alembic. It sounds like you were putting new jars down when your furnace wasn't done outputting a type of essentia.

It sounds like your candles were not within range of the altar. They need to basically be directly underneath the floor for them to work, which means you're better off putting them on the same level as your pedestals.

Ordo vis isn't hard to get in blightfall, just kill tainted stuff while the wand is in your hotbar. Ignis and terra are harder to get. Oh, if you're starving for vis, make a Primal Charm, it will occasionally spit out random vis that you can absorb. It just needs to be in your inventory.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 25, 2015

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

McFrugal posted:

I did not know I could do this.

its the same as a vanilla chest next to a slab crafting table.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

I think he means recrafting pieces. Which I did not know either.

S'Actually gonna throw a wrench in one of my BTD tenets.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Essentia distillation isn't so bad, or wouldn't be if Azanor had some sort of hard-on on making his pipes horrible to satisfy his vision. Also, ordo essentia for alchemy/infusion isn't exactly hard to get. I know you hate the alchemy but it becomes really easy when you have a centrifuge (and the stupid buffer thing you stick on top because AZANOR'S PIPES SUCK BY DESIGN), just cook some coal for potentia, then break that down for ignis and ordo. Unless you're looking for Ordo Vis, which wasn't a problem for me. My problem was finding terra or ignis nodes, everything else was easy.

You could have skipped doing the entire infusion altar construction/madness if you researched staves. A greatwood staff has a 90 vis cap, perfect for jarring a good node if you find one. Of course since staves can't fit in arcane crafting tables you'll likely just toss that bad boy away, so getting a silverwood wand that you can use for other stuff later is probably the better long-term investment.

Either way, getting a CV setup completed is probably the biggest hump for thaumcraft, well besides undestanding the mod. But once you get the ability to recharge your wand without spending 10-20 minutes traveling cross-country your life becomes so much easier because you can now hate thaumcraft from the comfort of your own base.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheresaJayne posted:

I think he's talking about using a part as materials to craft another part.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

But first, I need a silverwood wand or better to even jar up a node.

Make a greatwood staff. It can hold 125 vis but you can't use it in a crafting table, you will use it probably once but never again.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I learned right away the drat thing is only safe to make one item at a time with.

The crucible's storage depends on the water level and how much stuff is already in there. You can make more than one item at a time but you risk overflowing the cruicible. If the water level is lower then you can shove more stuff in there. Pay attention to the water level to know how full it is.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It's been poo poo since Azanor decided the only way to automate it is with a golem with an alchemy core and nerfed the poo poo out of pipes. So I agree with you there. Labeled jars will suck essentia from un-labeled jars if you can find some vanilla slimeballs, won't take blue slimeballs though.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Anything and everything will affect the infusion alter. Best bet is fuckton of candles and skulls to stabilize it.

This alter setup still needs more candles and skulls but I can do very high instability infusions with perfect stablity.

As for early vis for wands, your best bet is to murder farm animals and mobs. Farm animals will give you everything but ignis but mostly terra and ordo. Your best early source of ignis is taint swarms.

Edit: When there are little to no passive animals like farm animals, the game will constantly try to spawn them, so as long as you haven't established or trying to establish a farm, feel free to genocide the passive animal spawns for vis.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 25, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Huh, never knew killing things gives vis.

Also gently caress the crucible twice, tech to the thaumatorium upgrade and never look back. The crucible can eat a fat sack of poo poo.

Your order of priorities should be getting a greatwood gold capped wand, then a greatwood gold capped scepter/staff (I usually do scepter but that's personal preference), getting centivis tech (takes no crucible or infusion work if you use greatwood scepter/staff), then getting essentia distillation and the thaumatorium going. After that and only after that, go harvest a couple stacks of zombie flesh off a sinister node (there's one near alpha) and make enough candles to trivialize instability.

Most of the things that are frustrating in thaumcraft can be trivialized or negated entirely (and without server commands), which is nice and is a matter of investing in your infrastructure. The problem is that this is communicated really badly. Crucibles, tapping nodes in the wild, and an unstable infusion altar are supposed to suck because you're supposed to invest in making them awesome, but you can make due without it and imo it's a valid design, but it really needs like bright orange flashing letters that say "THIS SUCKS UNLESS YOU INVEST IN MAKING IT BETTER"

Also Warp. Warp is stupid and you shouldn't hesitate to use commands to set your warp to zero, particularly in blightfall where one of the warp events is a guaranteed death unless you have zombie flesh on hand.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

Squid is aqua, chickens air, pigs and cows order and earth, anything undead gives entropy, creepers and taint swarms is fire.

For Vis conservation I reccomend you get manasteel caps. All they require to make is iron and botania mana. You have to research the livingwood core to access them.

Can you use septers to capture nodes? I thought they only work in crafting tables.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

SugarAddict posted:

Squid is aqua, chickens air, pigs and cows order and earth, anything undead gives entropy, creepers and taint swarms is fire.

For Vis conservation I reccomend you get manasteel caps. All they require to make is iron and botania mana. You have to research the livingwood core to access them.

Can you use septers to capture nodes? I thought they only work in crafting tables.

No they only dno't work in crafting tables.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Magres posted:

Also gently caress the crucible twice, tech to the thaumatorium upgrade and never look back. The crucible can eat a fat sack of poo poo.

Your order of priorities should be getting a greatwood gold capped wand, then a greatwood gold capped scepter/staff (I usually do scepter but that's personal preference), getting centivis tech (takes no crucible or infusion work if you use greatwood scepter/staff), then getting essentia distillation and the thaumatorium going. After that and only after that, go harvest a couple stacks of zombie flesh off a sinister node (there's one near alpha) and make enough candles to trivialize instability.

Most of the things that are frustrating in thaumcraft can be trivialized or negated entirely (and without server commands), which is nice and is a matter of investing in your infrastructure. The problem is that this is communicated really badly. Crucibles, tapping nodes in the wild, and an unstable infusion altar are supposed to suck because you're supposed to invest in making them awesome, but you can make due without it and imo it's a valid design, but it really needs like bright orange flashing letters that say "THIS SUCKS UNLESS YOU INVEST IN MAKING IT BETTER"

Also Warp. Warp is stupid and you shouldn't hesitate to use commands to set your warp to zero, particularly in blightfall where one of the warp events is a guaranteed death unless you have zombie flesh on hand.

Ah! the unnatural hunger, or of course if you have a healing axe that will sort that as well. (I think same mod as the Unstable ingots as that is the recipe)

edit:Would that also short circuit the spice of life stuff? it adds to hunger bar without having to eat.

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 25, 2015

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Dotcom656 posted:

So I posted a few pages back but I dunno if anyone saw, whats the current best technology etc modpack to use on a server, and how can I get it on there? The old tekkit modpack we were able to find a server download, but I don't see them listed for some other modpacks.
I was hoping to find a recent modpack since old minecraft servers crash weirdly for me. But I didn't have an issue with OMP sigma 2, except we couldn't find a server download for it.

A goon made Baby's First Space Race as a tech pack. I have no idea how servers work, so I can't help there.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Nolanar posted:

A goon made Baby's First Space Race as a tech pack. I have no idea how servers work, so I can't help there.

To compound, I make all 3 of the omp packs pretty much alone, between shifts and bouts with ADHD.

Also Sigma has like no tech. At all. Also it loooooooooves death.

Sigma is also being updated after a five month hiatus, which means a lot of stuff had config structures changed, outdated or the stuff I put in them is obsolete. It's meant to have loot that's worth a drat, so it takes a long time to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

There's two nodes close together in the swamp and there's one at the mountain summit. Should be enough to fill your first wand to get going..