Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Forrest Whitaker sweats a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I just finished season three of The Following. This show definitely did NOT need a third season. How many more underlings of Joe Carroll were they going to throw at Ryan Hardy? And Eliza? Was I supposed to be afraid of her?

I will give this show the Most Stabbiest Award. Man, did those people love their knives.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Well, finished up the NCIS episodes I hadn't seen (Seasons 8-11 more or less). The new girl they got to replace Ziva looks too much like a Hermione Granger look alike.

This is the second Ralph Waite character I had to see die. :smith:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Mr. Robot is absurdly good for a USA show. It has some issues but overall it's a lot of fun to watch.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

EC posted:

Mr. Robot is absurdly good for a USA show. It has some issues but overall it's a lot of fun to watch.

The latest episode was insane. :stare:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah, Mr. Robot is fabulous. The second best show on TV behind Rectify. You fuckers are watching Rectify, right? Season 3 just wrapped up and it was beautiful as always.

Mr. Robot continues to surprise with it's intelligent plot, great performances and really nice and interesting shot compositions. Given last week's episode the craziness is only going to ramp up from here. Watch this show, folks.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I started watching Rectify but I didn't like it much. The brother is just so WEIRD and it really feels to me like he did rape someone----I don't like that feeling at all.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I watched ABC Family's show Stichers and don't really have a lot to say about it. It certainly is not a great show but I was interested enough in its premise that I finished all 10 episodes in 2 sittings and will probably watch season 2. It also has Warehouse 13's Allison Scagliotti who really deserves to be in more shows.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Astrofig posted:

I started watching Rectify but I didn't like it much. The brother is just so WEIRD and it really feels to me like he did rape someone----I don't like that feeling at all.

Dude is messed up from being in solitary for decades what do you expect?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So I am watching Entourage for the first time and I am wondering when it gets horrible? I am only on season two right now and am enjoying myself, but I know that the Internet hates this show and that the movie wasn't warmly received. I plan on watching the entire thing one way or the other, but is there a point of no return where everything gets dreadful? Do I already have no taste for enjoying it at all to start with? I need answers!

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So I am watching Entourage for the first time and I am wondering when it gets horrible? I am only on season two right now and am enjoying myself, but I know that the Internet hates this show and that the movie wasn't warmly received. I plan on watching the entire thing one way or the other, but is there a point of no return where everything gets dreadful? Do I already have no taste for enjoying it at all to start with? I need answers!

I just finished watching it and it does have some dud moments and a weird arc or two, but overall it was pretty awesome and I loved it much more than I expected. I thought the series finale was stupid, though -- they had a lot of flailing plot threads that had to be wrapped up fast, and they did a real hack job of it. But it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the rest of the show.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
RABBIT FALL

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I think it's around the time they go to Cannes. Or when Sasha Grey shows up.

The first few seasons were just wacky and fun but it goes downhill fast.

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark

Thwomp posted:

Does it count as binging if you can binge it all in 2 hours?

Cross posting from the streaming thread:

Anyone with Amazon Prime streaming should watch Catastrophe. It's only six 20 minute episodes and it's fall off the couch hilarious.

ran through catastrophe last night, been avoiding it for a while because it was re-broadcast in my country, which usually only happens for either the very best, but mostly for just the most broad british stuff. Was sorta surprised how good it was, I'm not really a laugher so for me it wasn't fall off the sofa funny, but it did make me think I'd have to come here and recommend it. Thought all I'd be doing this summer was waiting for final peep show and fresh meat, so catastrophe was a real welcome addition. It's a very sweet and honest feeling comedy and some of the best on screen chemistry between two leads I've seen in a while.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

THF13 posted:

I watched ABC Family's show Stichers and don't really have a lot to say about it. It certainly is not a great show but I was interested enough in its premise that I finished all 10 episodes in 2 sittings and will probably watch season 2. It also has Warehouse 13's Allison Scagliotti who really deserves to be in more shows.

Oh hey, I binged that recently and I have absolutely nothing to add to your post!

Another similar one I binged alongside it was The Whispers, which is similar in that it is equally unmemorable but something kept me watching till I was all caught up. It was probably boredom :lol: and the fact it was a little creepy for a while, at least until more stuff got revealed and it settled into a more standard thing that we've all seen before. Basically "something" that adults can't hear is communicating with children by whispering to them through electrics and getting them to do hosed up, dangerous stuff. Like, national-security dangerous. I'd only really recommend it if you've seen everything else you have to hand that you want to watch, it certainly isn't an undiscovered gem like UnReal or Mr Robot (although their undiscovered status is rapidly fading by now) but it isn't total shite.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Revolution, about to start Season 2 tonight. Be back when I am done next week duders! I like the show, not what I thought a network show about the apocolypse would be!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Michael Corleone posted:

Revolution, about to start Season 2 tonight. Be back when I am done next week duders! I like the show, not what I thought a network show about the apocolypse would be!

I quite enjoyed season 2 even though it went further off the rails a bit. I think it was just starting to ramp up into something good. I'm bitter as hell about it and Jericho being cancelled.

Have you seen The 100? If you like Revolution I think you'd really like the The 100. The first season is on Netflix and we're getting a 3rd and final season which should wrap everything up. poo poo is getting balls to the walls bonkers.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 25, 2015

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Rewatching Friday Night Lights for the second time... gently caress, this show is so good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Norse Code posted:

Rewatching Friday Night Lights for the second time... gently caress, this show is so good.

whenever you see the lovely downtown with the courthouse, that's where i live

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Friday Night Lights was a delight, but man, when I do a rewatch someday I think I'm going to pretend that season 2 never happened. What a train wreck :/

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

Well I must have only seen Season 1, because I am looking at there are 5 seasons???

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

corn in the bible posted:

whenever you see the lovely downtown with the courthouse, that's where i live

When you see the creep in the diner being creepy with Coach's daughter in season 1, that's my (step) father in law.

Yay.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

EC posted:

When you see the creep in the diner being creepy with Coach's daughter in season 1, that's my (step) father in law.

Yay.

Whoa!! That guy was a real jerk!!

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Norse Code posted:

Well I must have only seen Season 1, because I am looking at there are 5 seasons???

Yes there are 5 and you should go watch them right now. I think I binged FNL faster than any other show and everytime I think of it I want to watch it again. Man there's something especially great about that show.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Friday Night Lights was a delight, but man, when I do a rewatch someday I think I'm going to pretend that season 2 never happened. What a train wreck :/

Season 2 wasn't thattt bad. The whole Landry thing was weird and a bad decision but there was still some good stuff in that season. I just wish it hadn't ended abruptly due to writer's strike where they had to do a lovely wrapup in the first couple minutes of Season 3 or where they just abandoned storylines completely like they never existed (like Santiago).

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

pahuyuth posted:

I quite enjoyed season 2 even though it went further off the rails a bit. I think it was just starting to ramp up into something good. I'm bitter as hell about it and Jericho being cancelled.

Have you seen The 100? If you like Revolution I think you'd really like the The 100. The first season is on Netflix and we're getting a 3rd and final season which should wrap everything up. poo poo is getting balls to the walls bonkers.

Comparing Revolution and the 100 does not do the latter justice. It's on a whole other sphere of existence as far as I'm concerned.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

Is the next season of The 100 really going to be the last one? That's awful news to hear, the show is so good and I don't want it to end.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Abandoning the season 2 storylines with no looking back was one of the smartest things that Friday Night Lights ever did (although I wish there were a bunch of deleted scene comedy extras showing the various, nefarious ways Buddy Garrity could've made his now unwanted, recently adopted son disappear). That season was Heroes Season 2 level bad, it felt like they outsourced the writing to Telenovela people in order to get around the Hollywood writers' strike. I'm just glad I binged it on DVD with other people cuz I probably woulda quit the show if I had to put up with it week-to-week, and then I would've missed the great seasons that followed.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The one guy who quoted me, I cheated and came back in here and saw you quoted me, skipped it, thought I knew what you said after the first episode and certainly afterwards, but ya like episode 4, and just ya. I only read the first line because I don't want to be spoiled, will report back in a week sir!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Binging through Bojack Horseman, not what I expected, but very good.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
If I watch Friday Night Lights, should I just skip season 2 altogether, or nah?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

showbiz_liz posted:

If I watch Friday Night Lights, should I just skip season 2 altogether, or nah?

If you haven't seen it before and you like the characters/acting/setting then by all means watch it! Just do so knowing that it is a completely ridiculous season and that the shows quality goes way way up from there. It isn't as long as the first season due to the writers strike so it isn't a huge investment in time, and I think a few things do carry over to the third season.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Just finished watching Sense8. Holy poo poo that was terrible.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Just finished watching Sense8. Holy poo poo that was terrible.

It's so lovely, and yet you can't look away!!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Well it's definitely got more "haha remember when I was halfway out of my mom's bloody snatch" flashbacks than most shows in the genre, which is a step in...I don't want to say "right" direction, but certainly an unusual direction.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

Well it's definitely got more "haha remember when I was halfway out of my mom's bloody snatch" flashbacks than most shows in the genre, which is a step in...I don't want to say "right" direction, but certainly an unusual direction.

I'm intrigued...

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I bailed on The Following a few episodes into season 2. This show should have never been more than a mini series of 6-10 episodes at most. Even a 14 episode 1st season dragged on the premise a little to long.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Started Friday Night Lights after numerous recommendations from the thread, it's pretty crazy how much Football is basically a religion, I never got experience any of this stuff as an Australian. It's a pretty solid drama and I'm enjoying it.

I come from a town where we have one football team and I can definitely see the ups and downs that comes with wins and losses throughout my town much like it is portrayed in the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Season 2 focuses a lot on Matt Saracen and Tyra. The season definitely feels like it had a lot of network interference (especially one episode about recycling) but it's still okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Saracen is the best part of season 1 so far so I'm ok with that.