Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, they seem to have gotten pissy about adblockers now, of course their attempts to fix the problem are buggy as hell. I tried to watch the Schlansky video, but just ended up going to youtube. On the plus side, all the clips seems to be on the teamcoco youtube account at least. I'd be happy to add an exception, and sit through an ad or two to support them, but gently caress a full 7 minutes of watching the same 3 ads over and over for each break. That's the same reason I stopped watching Craig/Letterman on CBS.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Frostwerks posted:

Teamcoco.com has gotten worse and worse over the past like... 2 weeks. Can't even watch the full Bill episode.

As of tonight they've fixed the bullshit on the website as long as you disable your ad blocker. The last hiccup coincided with the mass exodus away from Flash that happened about two weeks ago if you'll recall.

counterfeitsaint posted:

[..] gently caress a full 7 minutes of watching the same 3 ads over and over for each break.

yeah that too :(

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I super don't recall and I'm kinda bummed because I love playing flash games and I've yet something else to bitch out Steve Jobs over.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Frostwerks posted:

I super don't recall and I'm kinda bummed because I love playing flash games and I've yet something else to bitch out Steve Jobs over.

Its funny that despite the cult of personality Steve Jobs had when he was alive, history is proving that Bill Gates was his superior in literally every way.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Irish Joe posted:

Its funny that despite the cult of personality Steve Jobs had when he was alive, history is proving that Bill Gates was his superior in literally every way.

My god. It really does happen at least once to posters on this subforum.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Man, I actually had optimism for Seth Meyers. But that show is going down like Kesha.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah, they seem to have gotten pissy about adblockers now, of course their attempts to fix the problem are buggy as hell. I tried to watch the Schlansky video, but just ended up going to youtube. On the plus side, all the clips seems to be on the teamcoco youtube account at least. I'd be happy to add an exception, and sit through an ad or two to support them, but gently caress a full 7 minutes of watching the same 3 ads over and over for each break. That's the same reason I stopped watching Craig/Letterman on CBS.com.

I don't now if this still works or not, since I haven't really been on teamcoco.com since the episode player went all pissy, but I discovered a trick to avoid having to watch the commercials on the full episodes: If you look at the bar indicating the current play time of the videos, you will notice slashes where each commercial break hits. As the video is playing, If you click just past that slash right before the little tab thing reaches it, it will load immediately at that point in the video past the slash and skip the ads completely. Again, I don't know if it still works or if it was just some quirk that only worked on my computer or something, but up until at least a couple weeks ago this has consistently worked for me.

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003
Colbert now has letters up.... Apparently when lit up they will be neon red.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It looks like he's opening a dry cleaner.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Iowa Snow King posted:

Man, I actually had optimism for Seth Meyers. But that show is going down like Kesha.

The best case scenario for Meyers right now is that Colbert's show takes off in September, crushes Fallon and kills NBC's late night so he can continue to coast indefinitely on low expectations.
Worst case scenario: Colbert flops, Fallon dominates and Meyer becomes a millstone around NBC late night's neck.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Isn't Seth Meyers doing well in the ratings thanks to a lead-in from Fallon?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Steve Vader posted:

Isn't Seth Meyers doing well in the ratings thanks to a lead-in from Fallon?

Yes he's doing fine, I don't understand where the narrative about his show failing is coming from (other than here).

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's that he's bad. Sometimes people mistake being terrible at what you do as failure. :shrug:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ufarn posted:

It looks like he's opening a dry cleaner.

i really like it

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's that he's bad. Sometimes people mistake being terrible at what you do as failure. :shrug:

Its not so much that he's bad, but that he's superfluous. He doesn't do anything new or interesting. He's not going to succeed Fallon at the Tonight Show. He's there because NBC wanted someone who wouldn't rock the boat and overshadow Fallon. Now that Fallon's established, there's no longer a need for Meyers, and if NBC decides to build its late night brand around Fallon (ie Colbert flops), Meyers becomes a liability because then they'll have to create a whole new late night when Fallon retires in 10-15 years if Meyers stays.

The point being, if Fallon stays on top, NBC is going to want to put a successor at 12:30, which means, in effect, dumping Meyers.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 23, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I like his new monologue format and the dude knows how to interview. He's no Craig Ferguson but he'll do for 12:30.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Seth's only real strength is his writing and his interviewing. If he has a guest you're interested in you'll have a good time watching those segments. As of right now he's best interviewer in late night, we'll see how Colbert does when he's not playing a goofy character soon enough.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Colbert is, himself, a goofy character. He'll do just fine.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Teamcoco is such loving garbage now. I cut off my adblockers and it still isn't working. I'm about done with him altogether and man that actually does kinda bum me out. It shorts out flash on every other tabbed website as well so not only do I have... "ads", they're great big rear end loving dead puzzle pieces. I hate that loving childish loving cartoon crap as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Huh. I remember once a couple months ago, I watched an episode of Conan on TeamCoco's site and an episode of The Tonight Show on NBC's site on my phone at work because I'd missed them the night before. Of the 2, TeamCoco's was the vastly superior site. Watching stuff on NBC's site is a loving nightmare, but TeamCoco seemed totally fine and seamless.

Maybe the desktop site just sucks?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh it's perfectly fine. I can watch the first ad the first time, every time.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Did you guys see Jeff Goldblum on Conan last night? The later part where it became a circumcision debate with explicit discussion of Andy's penis and his son's penis was incredibly weird and hilarious. I kind of want to make sure I didn't imagine it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that was probably the best and most civil discussion about circumcision ever

now lets never speak of it again

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Wait, did Conan have Kristen Chenoweth on again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zww2n2qFAFE

wasn't she just on a couple months ago?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's one of his backups when people cancel I think. She used to be on a lot even when she wasn't doing anything at all.

Leno had Terry Bradshaw for his. I think Dave used Al Roker?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Aphrodite posted:

She's one of his backups when people cancel I think. She used to be on a lot even when she wasn't doing anything at all.

Leno had Terry Bradshaw for his. I think Dave used Al Roker?

Regis.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

one last thing about the Jeff Goldblum interview with Conan is that it further cemented the truth that Andy Richter is a goddamn national treasure and we are all better people for being able to see him on tv. whatever the opinion, he's hilarious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah, Roker was Conan's backup in New York.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I apologize for the Hulu link but it's worth it.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

nemesis_hub posted:

Did you guys see Jeff Goldblum on Conan last night? The later part where it became a circumcision debate with explicit discussion of Andy's penis and his son's penis was incredibly weird and hilarious. I kind of want to make sure I didn't imagine it.

Goldblum usually has weird interviews with Conan, here's another : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzwAMYz1Pc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that is a fantastic interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI69b7qk9bY

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 26, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm not wasting a single second more of my loving time on their garbage website but man oh loving man is it loving telling that the thursday scrapisode is on the streaming web before the loving wednesday show. I've literally downloaded Safari, Opera, and Firefox and none of them loving work at viewing full eps. gently caress Conan O'brien and gently caress TBS. This is why piracy exists and is a loving good thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're probably just bad at computers.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Nooooooooooooooo

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
My only weakness

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Frostwerks posted:

I'm not wasting a single second more of my loving time on their garbage website but man oh loving man is it loving telling that the thursday scrapisode is on the streaming web before the loving wednesday show. I've literally downloaded Safari, Opera, and Firefox and none of them loving work at viewing full eps. gently caress Conan O'brien and gently caress TBS. This is why piracy exists and is a loving good thing.

You feel better after that lil tantrum, sport? You get it all out?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Team Coco works fine for me on Chrome, maybe you are just a scrub

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm watching the scrapisode right now with adblock, what the hell is wrong with your computer Frostwerks?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I've noticed that since switching to uBlock lots of non YouTube videos are kinda poo poo now. Like they keep skipping and jumping around, even when I disable it for the page in question. It's also possible that some poo poo flash update or something came out around the same time that I switched over or something. Or maybe companies resent an adblocker than can't just pay off? Ideally TBS would accept that broadcast TV and internet streaming are not the same thing, and do not facilitate the same length and frequency of ads, so this kind of poo poo wouldn't feel so necessary.

Either way:

Frostwerks posted:

gently caress TBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Using an ad blocker is no different than downloading a torrent. Suck it up.