Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
At least he hasn't done anything else stupid, say like defending the confederate flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Sash! posted:

Both Curt and the guy questioning the 7% are wrong. Not that that should surprise anyhow.

In 1933, just 3% of the German population were members of the Party. The 1932 election Hitler carried 37.27% of votes cast, however turnout implies that only 26.5% of registered voters supported Hitler and only 17.7% of the population including those not registered to vote backed him at all.

In 1939, 8% Germans were members (this is as close as Curt gets to "right"). By 1945, Party membership exceeded 12% at its peak. Party membership never rose beyond a rather modest 12%.

Apparently there are about 90 million members of the Muslim Extremist Party. So it looks like those numbers check out.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
God bless you, Herr Sash

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Fun Fact: Schilling pretending to have a bleeding ankle in 2004 was actually meant as a subtle homage to the Nazis, who pretended to exterminate 4 million Jews.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Yeah in the same way I pretended to only have 1 beer tonight

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ayn rand hand job posted:

At least he hasn't done anything else stupid, say like defending the confederate flag.
Give it a month

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Schilling's List

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
I just hope he keeps sharing his Afrika Korps swag on Instagram.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Parlett316 posted:

Schilling's List

:golfclap:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Parlett316 posted:

Schilling's List

of creditors

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Frackie Robinson posted:

Fun Fact: Schilling pretending to have a bleeding ankle in 2004 was actually meant as a subtle homage to the Nazis, who pretended to exterminate 4 million Jews.

"I could have got more out," said Curt Schilling as Francona yanked him in the bottom of the 4th in game 2

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Parlett316 posted:

Schilling's List

Luigi Thirty posted:

"I could have got more out," said Curt Schilling as Francona yanked him in the bottom of the 4th in game 2

hahahahaha

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Teams with over 100 wins have failed to reach the postseason on multiple occasions. Teams with the best record routinely lose in the postseason to teams with mediocre records. Playoffs in baseball, whether we want to believe it or not, are not actually about determining who the best teams are. It's the nature of the beast.

vvv SURE DID!

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 27, 2015

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I think you meant that for another thread but it's a good point because I've seen such awful whining from media and fans alike that it's "unfair" for the Pirates to have to play a one and done

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Here's hot take for the hot take thread- there should be an AL Champion and an NL Champion, and they should play each other in the World Series. That's all the playoffs we need.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Luigi Thirty posted:

"I could have got more out," said Curt Schilling as he read Rhode Island tax law

FTFY

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

jesus christ hahahaha

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Stephanie Ready will do color commentary for the Hornets this year, making her the league's first full-time woman analyst. She's been the sideline reporter for a while, and coached of one of the D League's teams for a bit.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Frackie Robinson posted:

Here's hot take for the hot take thread- there should be an AL Champion and an NL Champion, and they should play each other in the World Series. That's all the playoffs we need.

But then how will people make money?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ElwoodCuse posted:

I think you meant that for another thread but it's a good point because I've seen such awful whining from media and fans alike that it's "unfair" for the Pirates to have to play a one and done
The Giants missed the postseason with a 104-win season right before the Wild Card system was introduced, didn't they?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

They're right.

Crazy Ted posted:

The Giants missed the postseason with a 104-win season right before the Wild Card system was introduced, didn't they?
That was dumb too!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Luigi Thirty posted:

This is a very good post.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

That was dumb too!

The fact that it was two teams going for one playoff spot somehow makes it make much more sense to me.

Personally I'd just get rid of all playoffs but the World Series.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Badfinger posted:

Teams with over 100 wins have failed to reach the postseason on multiple occasions.

During the wild card era?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

They're right.

That was dumb too!

No one said it was unfair when the Pirates beat the Reds. It didn't become unfair until Crawford hit that grand slam.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You'll be glad to know poor abused Schilling has a supporter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sarah-palin-espn_55e0614de4b0b7a96338940d

quote:

Palin defended Schilling's tweet, saying he was actually "too generous in estimating Muslims' attitudes."

"By denying the accuracy of Schilling’s tweet, ESPN shows its weakness as it buys into the propaganda of ISIS and other terror organizations, helping mislead the public about the very real threat of terrorism," Palin said.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

No one said it was unfair when the Pirates beat the Reds. It didn't become unfair until Crawford hit that grand slam.
Lots of people were complaining about the wild card play-in game in 2013. Plus the Pirates finished ahead of the Reds, so that's the result that would've/should've happened anyways.

I also don't know that last year would be the best example either. Giants and Pirates were tied at the end of the regular season. Maybe they play the season out differently with just 1 wild card spot but I don't think that's the unfairness that people are talking about, and I don't remember that much negative sentiment from that (besides people liking the Pirates and not the Giants, which is a different subject).

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Remember that jackass John Steigerwald who inspired the thread title, and said Brian Stow deserved to get beaten?

quote:

@Steigerworld: Trevor Rosenthal taking 3days paternity leave in the middle of a pennant race is ridiculous & another sign of the wussification of America

https://twitter.com/steigerworld/status/637613508083912705

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Toona the Cat posted:

Remember that jackass John Steigerwald who inspired the thread title, and said Brian Stow deserved to get beaten?

https://twitter.com/steigerworld/status/637613508083912705

quote:

“@Stabby_smurf: In some circles. The rest if us know it's just a game. @Steigerworld” It's not just a game. It's a billion dollar BUSINESS

What an absolute twat. Also, #dogavi.

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Anals of History posted:

#Dogavi is never wrong on Twitter

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still not pulling punches after all these years :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Anals of History posted:

You know the old saying, on your deathbed you'll look back on your life and almost certainly always regret not spending enough time at your business.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Personally I know when my child is being born I'd rather be two thousand miles away surrounded by men scratching themselves. TEAM first and that's all that matters dagnabbit :colbert:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'd like to point out to him that the birth of the child is also a major life event for someone you theoretically consider your life partner and best friend, but I don’t really feel like finding out what he thinks of women. I'm guessing he's somewhere near "she should thank her stars she can suck dick well enough to snag a millionaire husband."

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Listen I'm so loving manly when I was born neither of my parents were there so suck it haters.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Missing three days of your sports job might have more impact behind it if there weren't like 40 more games left.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sash! posted:

Missing three days of your sports job might have more impact behind it if there weren't like 40 more games left.

Also considering there's a distinct possibility he may not even have been needed.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

hahahahaha

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
31 years ago is when dads became lazy indolent good for nothings and decided to start taking a day off for the birth of their child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Doubling down on Facebook: