Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

MagicCube posted:

Really makes you think. You can run through Frankie Kazarian's whole timeline and find a bunch of stupid conspiracy poo poo every friggin day.

I've been told staff go through those "bins" and take out the good unopened stuff before its chucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

goc posted:

I don't know why so many people are acting like it was the same 15,000 people all 3 nights. I've seen it on like 3 different boards and twitter.

What does it matter if it wasn't the same people. The fact of the matter is that in the exact same arena as they had summer slam in they sold out.

Truxton Spangler
Nov 12, 2012
Barrett's going by his real name on twitter and the blurb under his name says 'performed in WWE as wrestler Wade Barrett'. Is he gone?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Truxton Spangler posted:

Barrett's going by his real name on twitter and the blurb under his name says 'performed in WWE as wrestler Wade Barrett'. Is he gone?

If this is the end for him, that's got to put him comfortably in the top 5 for biggest waste of potential of all time. He had everything you could ever want in a wrestler.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm afraid I've got some bad news lol

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If you were going to design a WWE wrestler from the ground up, he would look like Wade Barrett.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oldpainless posted:

If you were going to design a WWE wrestler from the ground up, he would look like Wade Barrett.

I might fix the nose

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
reminder: they made the Nexus to get Wade Barrett over

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Alain Post posted:

That angle was Barrett getting the rest of Nexus over before the inevitable death-by-job-to-cena and the New Nexus bullshit with Punk.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Alain Post posted:

then Cena stuffed it

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Barrett's bio says "perform." I'm no fancy writer but that sounds like present tense.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's an imperative statement, he's telling someone to perform as Wade Barrett because he's through imo

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Maybe he just went for chips.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
RIP Wade, he never pinned a man.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

zakharov posted:

Barrett's bio says "perform." I'm no fancy writer but that sounds like present tense.

It said performed when that was posted, but he must have changed it pretty quickly. Maybe he's taking time off to film a movie or something. I think he's supposed to be doing 2 this year?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Well he performs as king Barrett now not wade Barrett.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On the womens stuff, I suppose if one were to be glass-half-full about it, I suppose these 6 woman tags, and 3 girl teams etc get a lot more women on screen more often than the usual Diva roundabout where its 1 or 2 women again and again.

That has to be helping with the pay discrepancy, which was the thing AJ whinged at Stephanie about on twitter.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

On the womens stuff, I suppose if one were to be glass-half-full about it, I suppose these 6 woman tags, and 3 girl teams etc get a lot more women on screen more often than the usual Diva roundabout where its 1 or 2 women again and again.

That has to be helping with the pay discrepancy, which was the thing AJ whinged at Stephanie about on twitter.
On t'other hand, it's literally just that extra screen time. Giving ALL the women on the main roster that they currently use a match together for 14 minutes isn't going to let them show off to their best ability the way even 10 minutes could give a 1vs1.

I mean, they'd still gently caress up the booking of that 1vs1 match, so it's not really a solution.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I went to NXT Takerover Brooklyn mostly to see the women before the main roster hosed them up. I also wanted to see Demon Finn's entrance live, but it's not as special anymore. I got my money's worth watching a masterpiece in Sasha/Bayley. If I wanted to see Kevin Owens live I could do so at many more events. The NXT women sold me on the show, card unseen.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Revenant Threshold posted:

On t'other hand, it's literally just that extra screen time. Giving ALL the women on the main roster that they currently use a match together for 14 minutes isn't going to let them show off to their best ability the way even 10 minutes could give a 1vs1.

I mean, they'd still gently caress up the booking of that 1vs1 match, so it's not really a solution.

But if they gave two sets of women two 5-10 minute matches then they could spend less time doing moves that they're not that good at and make the matches tighter and more focused. Saving the long matches for special events works for NXT.

It also doesn't help that everyone knows the womens program is in a holding pattern until AJ's "record" is broken (both AJ's and the Bellas records mean nothing as they were both uneventful reigns).

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Tornhelm posted:

It also doesn't help that everyone knows the womens program is in a holding pattern until AJ's "record" is broken (both AJ's and the Bellas records mean nothing as they were both uneventful reigns).

There's also a dirt sheet rumour that Cena did some backstage politicking to keep the title on Nikki, including shooting down a Charlotte debut title win.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't get it. If Nikki is working hurt and supposedly a heel, why not just have her cheat to win in a series of title defenses on her way to the record title run? You can have short matches, and get over the program with her talking instead of wrestling. It worked in the 70s and it can work today.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They're still trying to get the divas division over as a whole. I can understand why they're doing these tag clusterfucks even if I don't like it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Die Laughing posted:

They're still trying to get the divas division over as a whole. I can understand why they're doing these tag clusterfucks even if I don't like it.

You answered your question. They don't know what they're doing.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mayostard posted:

There's also a dirt sheet rumour that Cena did some backstage politicking to keep the title on Nikki, including shooting down a Charlotte debut title win.

Meltzer shot down that rumor.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he mostly shot it down while also saying cena had done it in the past so same difference

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Wins and losses don't matter, but the length of the title reign does.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Is WWE really that petty to keep the title on Nikki just to beat AJ's record?

:allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Did this question really need asking

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I remember when they had Orton win the title just so he could be the youngest instead of Brock.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

lol

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Unrelated, but we totally need a :heyman: version of this.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is WWE really that petty-
Yes

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

epitasis posted:

he mostly shot it down while also saying cena had done it in the past so same difference

He made sure to see Cena hadn't done it in the last 2 months or so, which is oddly specific timing.

I'm guessing he nixed Naomi getting it?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Muddy Burphy posted:

He made sure to see Cena hadn't done it in the last 2 months or so, which is oddly specific timing.

I'm guessing he nixed Naomi getting it?

Yeah Dave did go on to imply, if not outright state, that Cena put the kibosh on someone else ending Nikki's reign in the past.

Worse than Hogan, really.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sigma posted:

I don't get it. If Nikki is working hurt and supposedly a heel, why not just have her cheat to win in a series of title defenses on her way to the record title run? You can have short matches, and get over the program with her talking instead of wrestling. It worked in the 70s and it can work today.

Nikki Bella would not be able to get anything over with by talking, she's terrible.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Nikki Bella would not be able to get anything over with by talking, she's terrible.

I WISH YOU DIED IN THE WOOOOM

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It would be good if her reign ended, like, the day before matching the record. Then the heel gets to suffer knowing they almost made it, and everyone else enjoys the catharsis. But I guess WWE isn't into that.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Nikki is the embodiment of female empowerment, AJ is some nerd married to a skinny fat pencil neck geek. It's pretty easy to see why Nikki deserves the longest reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tornhelm posted:

Unrelated, but we totally need a :heyman: version of this.

nah