Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yeah gently caress 51% percent of the world's population and then another 10% of wrestling's fan base too!

It's stupid anyway. What guys don't like Ambrose? what the gently caress am I? I certainly don't watch many indie's I've seen some LU and a few ROH shows and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I thought it was that Nash promised to come back after the Rumble?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CubsWoo posted:

I want to buy some of those Brown Bag things because I'm a sucker for terrible mystery boxes

Maybe I can get Victory Road 09 and a 4XL Bram shirt

Congratulations. That shirt will carry you and your family into the future.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Writer Cath posted:

Congratulations. That shirt will carry you and your family into the future.

Like, literally. It's big enough to carry you and your family like a flying carpet.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

And now for something completely different:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So inspired to kill my family then myself. :swoon:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Did someone accidentally leak a Paige script for next Monday?

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
That may be the stupidest opinion of all, since the consensus these days is that Benoit was always a disturbed individual with a lot of rage, so he wasn't even all that good a guy before the double-murder/suicide.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Lady Naga posted:

Did someone accidentally leak a Paige script for next Monday?

Nobody in PCB is allowed to say anything but "You see, we are females who engage in strenuous athletic competition for a living; furthermore, we excel at this."

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

DynamiteKidd posted:

Nobody in PCB is allowed to say anything but "You see, we are females who engage in strenuous athletic competition for a living; furthermore, we excel at this."

WOOO!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That team BAD one is especially heinous because yeah "beautiful" is relative or whatever, but even setting aside Sasha being a dangerous competitor, being in the ring and taking moves from Tamina Snuka is objectively a dangerous activity for your health.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alain Post posted:

The "indy" fans are so important that they gained subscribers after #CancelWWENetwork.

When I say 'indy' fans I mean the people who show up to Summerslam and other events and boo John Cena and chant for Blue Pants and all that poo poo

Imo outside of children the WWE has very very few casual fans now (hence the constant attempts to get mainstream attention lately) they're pretty much dependent on the hardcore fan base that will watch Raw and subscribe to the Network no matter how lovely things get.

There's a reason NXT can sell out a giant stadium.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think the intersection of 'smarky' fans that boo John Cena and chant for Blue Pants, and 'indie' fans that, y'know, attend indie shows is smaller than you think.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

DynamiteKidd posted:

That may be the stupidest opinion of all, since the consensus these days is that Benoit was always a disturbed individual with a lot of rage, so he wasn't even all that good a guy before the double-murder/suicide.

But he RESPECTED THE BUSINESS~! Don't you remember he kicked Miz out of the locker room. He will always be a hero.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Imo outside of children the WWE has very very few casual fans now (hence the constant attempts to get mainstream attention lately) they're pretty much dependent on the hardcore fan base that will watch Raw and subscribe to the Network no matter how lovely things get.

Raw still has a weekly audience of around 4 million people. There are definitely still plenty of people who just watch Raw and maybe make a facebook post or a few tweets about it while Raw is on and then forget about it until next week, like any other TV show.

goc fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 26, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DynamiteKidd posted:

You should watch the documentary that WWE put out. There were so many red flags.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I wish I had the type or quantity of drugs to make me this positive

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yes that's what will save TNA! They just need to stop taping at Universal and get on the road, brother

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

We just need India

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yes that's what will save TNA! They just need to stop taping at Universal and get on the road, brother

This is literally what they're all saying now. WE JUST NEED to leave the Impact Zone. These comments are usually followed with some absurd fantasy like TNA booking Madison Square Garden.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well, considering TNA lost TV in Australia in June, I'm not sure that's gonna happen.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is literally what they're all saying now. WE JUST NEED to leave the Impact Zone. These comments are usually followed with some absurd fantasy like TNA booking Madison Square Garden.

TNA couldn't fill the Hammerstein Ballroom Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center; if they came back to NYC I think they'd have to go to one of those gyms way the gently caress out on the edges of Brooklyn or Queens like all the indies do

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

TNA couldn't fill the Hammerstein Ballroom Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center; if they came back to NYC I think they'd have to go to one of those gyms way the gently caress out on the edges of Brooklyn or Queens like all the indies do

The YMCA

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Whatever haunted house they put in TNA's old soundstage for Halloween Horror Nights this year will pull more eyes than TNA's entire run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Whatever haunted house they put in TNA's old soundstage for Halloween Horror Nights this year will pull more eyes than TNA's entire run.

The most terrifying Haunted House - the ghost of TNA.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
TNA probably couldn't fill Academy 3 in Manchester, England.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
TNA will find a way to shove a ring in the Music Hall of Williamsburg to capitalize on young wealthy people who would go to a wrestling show ironically

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I saved that last comment and didn't even notice the one right below it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
#JustAskingQuestions

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's about time for an ISIS gimmick tbh.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
TNA will tape next in Philadelphia, at that run-down church at the beginning of Rocky.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I've read a lot of wrestler biographies and I don't remember Benoit being portrayed as some sort of seething with rage psycho. Yeah, he was driven and did some weird stuff, but if he didn't kill his family I don't really think his antics would raise eyebrows even to this day. There are probably at least 20 dudes I can think of that would better qualify for the "we should have known" award over him with their behavior but they just haven't killed anyone that we know of yet. I think that whole "Benoit was a well-known psycho" consensus is probably manufactured more by the company than anyone in particular to cover for their product. There, that's my dumb wrestling opinion.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

natetimm posted:

I've read a lot of wrestler biographies and I don't remember Benoit being portrayed as some sort of seething with rage psycho. Yeah, he was driven and did some weird stuff, but if he didn't kill his family I don't really think his antics would raise eyebrows even to this day. There are probably at least 20 dudes I can think of that would better qualify for the "we should have known" award over him with their behavior but they just haven't killed anyone that we know of yet. I think that whole "Benoit was a well-known psycho" consensus is probably manufactured more by the company than anyone in particular to cover for their product. There, that's my dumb wrestling opinion.

thank you, it is a very dumb opinion

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Alaois posted:

thank you, it is a very dumb opinion

Thank you, it is actually so dumb I posted it in the wrong thread first.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Chris Benoit murdered stray cats in every city he traveled to.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
While Benoit's history of domestic abuse wasn't widely known it's silly to say there were no red flags to some people in the business.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yeah his flag has a giant red leaf on it

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Um actually Chris Benoit was a really awesome worker who lived for the wrestling business so how could he be a bad dude and Vince must have planted that ridiculous notion in your heads, the fiend #askquestions

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 27, 2015

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

MassRafTer posted:

While Benoit's history of domestic abuse wasn't widely known it's silly to say there were no red flags to some people in the business.

I feel like almost every WWE wrestler's life pre-2000s was a giant parade of red flags. You could probably list 75-80% of the roster during the steroid age as having killed someone in a rage and I would be just as surprised/not surprised as Benoit. I always thought he was a good wrestler with zero charisma, so it's not like I'm swooning over my fallen hero or anything. Maybe I've just read too much sensational poo poo about wrestling.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Alain Post posted:

It's about time for an ISIS gimmick tbh.

that's Hulkamatt's twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm saying Hulkamatt joined ISIS