Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kerbal Space Program is coming to Wii U:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNN1Zk_ss4g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where is the Sun and how do I push most of this thread into it?
Kerbal coming to wiiu is excellent. I wonder if Nintendo approached them like they did 2D boy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Err.. was it a private video from the start? Or am I missing something.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nah, they put it up by accident and then pulled it. Expect an official announcement about it and a bunch more games later this evening.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I assume that it was gonna be revealed at the Nindies event later and that someone hosed up and uploaded the trailer early.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Someone pushed the button early then the tralier was reverted to assembly to attach the boosters.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sin and punishment are hardcore games. I hope Nintendo does some more releases, we still need the last story, and xenoblade. The three operation rainfall rpgs will be much cheaper to buy digitally.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Last Story is a little more complicated because Mistwalker owns the IP. They actually put out a "sequel" in the form of a quest line/event for their mobile game Terra Battle.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of August 27):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Devil's Third - €59.99 / £49.99 (August 28)
    Disney Infinity 3.0: Play Without Limits - €19.99 / £16.49 until September 5, standard price €29.99 / £24.99
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Q.U.B.E.: Directors' Cut - €7.99 / £7.19 until September 14, standard price €9.99 / £8.99
    Life of Pixel - €9.99 / £8.99
    Stone Shire - €4.99 / £4.20 until September 26, standard price €7.99 / £7.00[/i]
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Devil's Third - "Golden Eggs" currency IAP
  • 1 Golden Egg - €0.49 / £0.49
  • 10 Golden Eggs - €3.49 / £3.59
  • 25 Golden Eggs - €6.99 / £6.29
  • 50 Golden Eggs - €12.99 / £11.69
  • 100 Golden Eggs - €19.99 / £17.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 3
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until September 17
    99moves (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until September 17
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until September 17

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Senran Kagura 2 Additional Character - Murasame - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £13.49 until September 3
    Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.35 until September 3
    Hotel Transylvania (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 3
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.59 / £4.99 until September 3
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.59 / £4.99 until September 3
    Real Heroes: Firefighters 3D (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until September 3
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until September 17
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of August 27):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Infinity 3.0 - $?
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Runbow - $13.49 for users who downloaded the E3 demo, standard price $14.99
    Pixel Slime U - $2.99
    Brave Tank Hero - $5.99
    FullBlast - $5.99
WII DOWNLOADS FOR WII U
    Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - $19.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Sin & Punishment (N64) - $11.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U) - $5.99 until August 31
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until August 31
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - $13.59 until August 31
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - $13.59 until August 31
    Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until September 2
    Life of Pixel (Wii U eShop) - $6.99 until September 3
    PING 1.5+ (Wii U eShop) - $0.99 until September 3
    Super Destronaut (Wii U eShop) - $0.99 until September 3
    Tileicious: Delicious Tiles (Wii U eShop) - $2.99 until September 3
    KEYTARI: 8-Bit Music Maker (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 from August 28-September 18
    Tiny Galaxy (Wii U eShop) - $3.99 until September 30

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Gotcha Racing - $5.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    Splatoon: Squid Sisters - $?
    Woah Dave! Alien Invasion! - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - $22.49 until August 31
    Ace Attorney : Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - $16.79 until August 31
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) - $29.99 until August 31
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - $13.49 until August 31
    Resident Evil Mercenaries (3DS) - $6.79 until August 31
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - $6.79 until August 31
    Super Street Fighter 4 (3DS) - $22.49 until August 31
    Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - $19/9 until August 31
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - $14.99 until August 31
    Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers (3DS) - $14.99 until August 31
    Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - $7.49 until September 3
    [u]Senran Kagura Burst/u] (3DS eShop) - $19.99 until September 15

Runbow supports up to 9 players using a wide configuration of controllers (gamepad, pro controller, classic controller, sideways wiimote, nunchuk) but it does also have online play and some single-player content, so it could be worth owning even if you're not into the local multi party game thing.

Q.U.B.E. looks like budget Portal, I guess? I remember it was supposed to be an eShop launch title or something.

Both Sin & Punishment games are fully playable on the gamepad but S&P2 plays better with a wiimote/nunchuk setup.

Devil's Third is not worse than Yaiba.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Junkie Disease posted:

Where is the Sun and how do I push most of this thread into it?

Welcome to New! Something Awful Forums.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The WiiU once again has more N64 games than the Xbox One

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hurrah!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

12 dollars for sin and punishment N64. Yikes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Keytari is garbage and you unlock the final beat and tone by entering the Konami code or pressing buttons 10,000 times.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

In Training posted:

12 dollars for sin and punishment N64. Yikes.

It's got an extra two dollars because it's considered an import and they actually bothered to translate the menu.

I'm sure there's an upgrade discount if you had it on wii.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The original already had English VA though...

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Q.U.B.E. looks like budget Portal, I guess? I remember it was supposed to be an eShop launch title or something.

It pretty much is a budget Portal, but it's actually quite an entertaining game. Pretty much every NA PC gamer has it because it's been included in like a dozen humble bundles and the like.

If you liked Portal and are jonesin' for a first person puzzle game, I suggest picking it up.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
What the hell happened to Vs. Excitebike?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Next week, I suppose.

Sin & Punishment is worth $12.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Is NA even getting games anymore? I feel like we're missing several major releases and a lot of VC stuff that other regions have already.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Disargeria posted:

Is NA even getting games anymore? I feel like we're missing several major releases and a lot of VC stuff that other regions have already.

NoA is probably saving some of the bigger releases for one of their theme weeks or something. Like putting Metroid Zero Mission and Prime Hunters on the VC together or something.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You're getting Sin & Punishment today which isn't out in any other region, and the last few weeks have been NA playing catchup with games like Advance Wars 2, Golden Sun 2 (someone cares), S&P2, etc.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The only retail game you're "missing" is Yoshi's Woolly World, and that's revenge for you getting Kirby months before EU got it. Mario Maker is out in 2 weeks, then a bunch of games will be dropping in November/December including Star Fox Zero and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doesn't Europe have Devils Third early as well

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

The only retail game you're "missing" is Yoshi's Woolly World, and that's revenge for you getting Kirby months before EU got it. Mario Maker is out in 2 weeks, then a bunch of games will be dropping in November/December including Star Fox Zero and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I think people were complaining about missing virtual console games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hell yeah we do

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

buy sin and punishment, nerds

In Training posted:

Doesn't Europe have Devils Third early as well

you say that as if that's not a blessing in disguise

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ineffiable posted:

I think people were complaining about missing virtual console games.

Disargeria posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do not even ask posted:

buy sin and punishment, nerds

you say that as if that's not a blessing in disguise

I want to play Devil's Third.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

I want to play Devil's Third.

You can play the f2p PC version for free and watch the rest on youtube.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can play the f2p PC version for free and watch the rest on youtube.

I like to play video games, not watch other people play them. Besides isn't the PC version just a microtransaction riddled version of the multiplayer?

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

Sin & Punishment is discounted to $2 if you had it on the Wii VC, in case anyone else was wondering.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

freeipods posted:

Sin & Punishment is discounted to $2 if you had it on the Wii VC, in case anyone else was wondering.

Oh poo poo, definitely picking it up then. Thank you.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

I like to play video games, not watch other people play them. Besides isn't the PC version just a microtransaction riddled version of the multiplayer?

Yes but the Wii U version already has microtransactions and the single-player isn't even fun in a dumb way, the AI seriously seems like it's broken for a lot of the game and the enemies just kinda stand around.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I am vacilating back and forth on Mario Maker because I have no interest in making levels (due to a lack of personal creativity and an excess of can't-be-arsed), but I want to play those made by others.

Wait, I amend that... those made by others that aren't rubbish.

This might sound a touch odd, but I have played a lot of fun adventures on Super Mario X, the PC "equivalent" of Mario Maker. I've had a grand time and there are many other levels and episodes of X that I haven't had the time to enjoy yet. While Mario X is not nearly as sophisticated as MM, it also doesn't cost $60.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Binding of Isaac 3DS got another patch, apparently. I can't guarantee it'll fix anything or that it won't break anything further but it can't get a whole lot worse, can it?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

I am vacilating back and forth on Mario Maker because I have no interest in making levels (due to a lack of personal creativity and an excess of can't-be-arsed), but I want to play those made by others.

Wait, I amend that... those made by others that aren't rubbish.

This might sound a touch odd, but I have played a lot of fun adventures on Super Mario X, the PC "equivalent" of Mario Maker. I've had a grand time and there are many other levels and episodes of X that I haven't had the time to enjoy yet. While Mario X is not nearly as sophisticated as MM, it also doesn't cost $60.

I'm sure you're going to have a shitload of good ones recommended if not here then through the votes from the community, and the game already gives you like 100 or so ridiculous built-in levels. is around 150-200 levels enough for you, is that "worth" the 60 bucks

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Binding of Isaac 3DS got another patch, apparently. I can't guarantee it'll fix anything or that it won't break anything further but it can't get a whole lot worse, can it?

What is so good about BoI for other systems that makes the 3DS version so bad? Is it just Frame rate? Or does it, like, do your taxes, get you out of parking tickets, and teach you how to be a better lover? I don't want to white knight it any more, as I don't have that much interest in it, but it just seems like you've got a massive hate on for the game, and I don't see why. Do you just hate BoI?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Devil's Third - "Golden Eggs" currency IAP
1 Golden Egg - €0.49 / £0.49
10 Golden Eggs - €3.49 / £3.59
25 Golden Eggs - €6.99 / £6.29
50 Golden Eggs - €12.99 / £11.69
100 Golden Eggs - €19.99 / £17.99

Devil's Third is not a good game is even less of a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Anora posted:

What is so good about BoI for other systems that makes the 3DS version so bad? Is it just Frame rate? Or does it, like, do your taxes, get you out of parking tickets, and teach you how to be a better lover? I don't want to white knight it any more, as I don't have that much interest in it, but it just seems like you've got a massive hate on for the game, and I don't see why. Do you just hate BoI?

Uh no, he doesn't have a massive hate on BoI -- he much like me is just very aware that Nicalis is utter poo poo. They probably fixed something minor and added three other entirely new bugs, because it wouldn't be the first, the second or even the third time they would have done it.