Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We need to stop the drain of [???] to the demon. Yes. Regenerating just gives it to it. We need to stop the flow of meat to the demon. So hardening ourselves will probably take more from our well, but give it nothing. Which is the preferable of the options.

D. Left Trigger + Right Trigger to go faster!
Plus Harden our skin, so it gets nothing from us (Assuming this does not blow huge wads of [???]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Outrail posted:

We need to stop the drain of [???] to the demon. Yes. Regenerating just gives it to it. We need to stop the flow of meat to the demon. So hardening ourselves will probably take more from our well, but give it nothing. Which is the preferable of the options.

Plus Harden our skin, so it gets nothing from us (Assuming this does not blow huge wads of [???]

AGREE

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Outrail posted:

Agreed. This is my vote

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat my phone. Posted my questions before it loaded the fact that Diog had updated :(

Anyways...drat...
Use Uriah's power word from before to knock Demonkidel back.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
If it's eating with its mouth we should shove passing trees into it to stem flesh loss and give it non [???] boosting material.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Adding GET HARD to my vote.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

the_steve posted:

May have skipped past someone else asking, but:

Diog: Do we have any new insights as to what the "water" in our well actually is? Do we have any new insights on what actually replenishes it? Do we have any new insights on what our "well" actually is?

I asked this before, and we do, except we don't have the right vocabulary to actually articulate it conceptually.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

UppaTree posted:

Yep! Thing's Permanent, we can't hurt it.

Can we? I know it can't be killed, but can it be inconvenienced by harm?

You thought it could not be before? That knowledge is a fading memory.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

I think it was said in a question-answer session that we could drain it's well by using ??? fueled attacks.

Diogines: What buttons do I need to press to use an attack from our Mighty Meter?
You don't know. Try mashing buttons and hope you get lucky.

Tomn posted:

Interesting point.

Diog, what IS it biting us with? Is its "mouth" near the head-shaped region, or what?
Every place it makes contact with you, it is eating you, but especially the "head".

the_steve posted:

May have skipped past someone else asking, but:

Diog: Do we have any new insights as to what the "water" in our well actually is? Do we have any new insights on what actually replenishes it? Do we have any new insights on what our "well" actually is?

Sadly not. Perhaps if you had stayed in that state?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

There Bias Two posted:

I asked this before, and we do, except we don't have the right vocabulary to actually articulate it conceptually.

We do know its somehow tied to our men though!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

H, eat it right back.

go faster

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Hmm. Looks like the head CAN help, but it's not complete. Diog, can we harden our skin to prevent the demon biting us, as Outrail suggests? Would it cost more or less ??? than the demon is currently causing by forcing us to regenerate?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

changing my vote from Power Word to:
Bite the demon. Eat it right back.

It isn't cannibalism if it isn't human, right? Im not part of team hunger, but it may be a crazy enough plan to work?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I want to suggest feeding on it straight back but.... That could go either way. Make sure we top off from Snarls before we lose the connection.

^^ great and/or idiot minds think alike.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

D. Go faster.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Don't try to eat the demon. :doh: What is wrong with you? Feed worked out so well last time, is that it? :cheeky:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

the_steve posted:

changing my vote from Power Word to:
Bite the demon. Eat it right back.

It isn't cannibalism if it isn't human, right? Im not part of team hunger, but it may be a crazy enough plan to work?

I have a feeling like that's a terrible idea, and the vote seems to have gone against terrible ideas like that. Sadly. "You must be this short to not be eaten... tonight" is an amazing line.

I vote: Use our vast combat experience and superhuman coordination to D: Left Trigger + Right Trigger, while A: Mash A.

If only one can be counted, please count D.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

hollylolly posted:

Don't try to eat the demon. :doh: What is wrong with you? Feed worked out so well last time, is that it? :cheeky:

Feed didn't win that time actually. Fight did.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SerSpook posted:

Feed didn't win that time actually. Fight did.

The reason we went hunger demon isn't because feed won, it's because we chose to struggle and struggle instead of just dying.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

The reason we went hunger demon isn't because feed won, it's because we chose to struggle and struggle instead of just dying.

That's basically what I said

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I vote D.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
EAT THE DEMON FIRST

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

D. Go Faster!

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Go faster

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Drive faster boooooyyy

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

Vavrek posted:

I have a feeling like that's a terrible idea, and the vote seems to have gone against terrible ideas like that. Sadly. "You must be this short to not be eaten... tonight" is an amazing line.

I vote: Use our vast combat experience and superhuman coordination to D: Left Trigger + Right Trigger, while A: Mash A.

If only one can be counted, please count D.

This, we can walk and chew gumkick rear end at the same time.

Also, Asahel doesn't count. He's one of the good ones, a true bro who never asked us to do anything terrible to ourselves or deliberately kept us in the dark when questioned. He and Azzazzel are alright. :colbert:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, we may have made a mistake. When we got back to our body, Mr Bitey here hadn't actually eaten all the giants yet, had he? So there are still giants behind us who hate us and firmly believe Genin can easily defeat both of us. And all they have to do to make that happen is go upstairs and open the door. We may not have much time. :ohdear:

twitch and spasm
Jul 21, 2010
G

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

Oh, we may have made a mistake. When we got back to our body, Mr Bitey here hadn't actually eaten all the giants yet, had he? So there are still giants behind us who hate us and firmly believe Genin can easily defeat both of us. And all they have to do to make that happen is go upstairs and open the door. We may not have much time. :ohdear:

This is why I pointed out that leaving our Balls behind wasn't wise.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Angela Christine posted:

What an interesting thought!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tsyni posted:

"Things Are Not Yet So Dire" tm

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Diogines posted:

What an interesting thought!

RIP Balls of Labaras

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Arkanomen posted:

"Things Are Not Yet So Dire" tm

People were in such a rush to end the game they probably don't really care about that.

"We gotta do the right thing! Guys! We gotta do the right thingggg right nowwww"

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Tsyni posted:

We didn't even have to teleport them. Could have left them a message to leave, left a message for Snarls to leave, said goodbye....nope let's rush off bull-headedly like always and now they're marching merrily along to hop right in Genin's mouth.

Some things never change.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Task Manager posted:

We didn't even have to teleport them. Could have left them a message to leave, left a message for Snarls to leave, said goodbye....nope let's rush off bull-headedly like always and now they're marching merrily along to hop right in Genin's mouth.

Some things never change.

I speculated that we could probably still message Snarls, but maybe things are too intense. So, let's ask The Man:

Diog, can we send a message to Snarls atm?

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Plan Outrail

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Tsyni posted:

I speculated that we could probably still message Snarls, but maybe things are too intense. So, let's ask The Man:

Diog, can we send a message to Snarls atm?

We can always beg Merenial to save them as well if we complete our mission satisfacto- hahaha like that's gonna happen, we're totally gonna tell Merenial to suck our bear dick as soon as we drop Evil Us off.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

We could have been a god

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

hollylolly posted:

Feed lost before, Team Hunger never won a single one of the eating votes in the Giant's village. We went hunger mad because of a different vote.

Anyway. Voting D

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Task Manager posted:

We can always beg Merenial to save them as well if we complete our mission satisfacto- hahaha like that's gonna happen, we're totally gonna tell Merenial to suck our bear dick as soon as we drop Evil Us off.

Yeah, huh...things will be tight. It really depends how long it takes us to get the demon north. Diog said the link between us and Snarls' well will be open for a few days...but it's months of regular travel, so...even if it's a day or two the Balls' are going to go looking for us. I am not convinced that it's easy to rouse Genin, but who knowsssss.

Edit: now that I think about it though, Snarls should know which direction we're in, right? So maybe that will save them.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Rescinding my vote for Hold C.

Voting: ↑ ↓ → A A B
Mash Buttons, Pray to El.

Who knows! It might work!

Actually no, Sorry Vote-counter.

Still voting Hold C, but add a Pray to El into the mix.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 27, 2015