Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Bifauxnen posted:

This "being ignored" line. When Byers came in so early with his case, and a good deal of discussion was about the Allen-CPig-Byers love triangle, this seems like an odd way to frame his motivations. Allen in particular got lots of attention for being so emo. If anyone was being ignored, it was CPig... :raise:

Not so sure yet if this is genuinely scummy, but it has certainly soured my first impression of Byers.

No, most of the discussion was about me, not the three of us. I made my cases and Allen and I were arguing, but the people who were commenting (yuming, LUTR, ljtrigirl) were talking about me and ignoring the other two entirely. That was why I made the post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

busb posted:

Even though yuming was busy, i don't see her as town asking me a question then not responding to it, i think she's struggling to get into the game and was trying to get into it by her question, but the fact she just tangents and peaces out with her 'i think it's byers!' post makes me believe she is scum.

Really? That feels more like "busy with LoL" yuming than scum yuming to me.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Byers2142 posted:

Really? That feels more like "busy with LoL" yuming than scum yuming to me.

Scum yuming lurks like crazy. I'd vote her today easily.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess killing imgay could have been a legit rig move depending on how she plays.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh she was replaced I'm a moron

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
You mean yuming?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh she was replaced I'm a moron

Wait where? I didn't see that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No not yuming I mean Ljt rig

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

No not yuming I mean Ljt rig

I'm confused pls proof read yr posts

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

uranus posted:

busb replaces ltjigirl

busb replaced ljt

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

busb replaced ljt

Is "rig" a term I'm not familiar with?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i think its just a misreading of her name, i would say it's 'ljt girl' but yeah

I disagree with you byers.

YUMING come and talk in thread to me about why you skipped out.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Sorry I just started a new job with a 2 hour round commute and plus I was busy on Tuesday so I have effectively not read this game at all since earlier D1.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

yuming posted:

Sorry I just started a new job with a 2 hour round commute and plus I was busy on Tuesday so I have effectively not read this game at all since earlier D1.

I realise you were probably tired but why did you ask me a question then ignore my response? It was very unlike you

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

busb posted:

I realise you were probably tired but why did you ask me a question then ignore my response? It was very unlike you
I did not read your response, on Tuesday both games I am in had deadlines and I was not at a computer nor had I read them.

Poor planning on my part! I have a giant, lovely office overlooking a meadow full of birds YAY BIRDS.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That's lovely, and my new job is p sweet too. But you're not alleviating my concern you're scum regardless of these facts!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

Is "rig" a term I'm not familiar with?

Her name is ljt rig irl

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Allen Wren posted:

What's needlessly and aggressively hostile is "YOU ARE SCUM. YOU MUST PROVE YOURSELF TO ME THE NOT SCUM." Hot drat, man, tone it back. Spit hot fire on day three with that poo poo, "I'm just testing your reactions" makes you look more like an rear end than anyone else.

Now get a load of this OMGUS motherfucker right here.
I think Allen is town because this is a hella sincere post.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yuming posted:

:ghost: same :ghost:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yuming posted:

good read

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh, he is dead. :sun:

Lookit this--

Byers2142 posted:

No, I'm thinking if you were still in joke phase mode you'd have just said it was joke phase and moved on, not reacted as you did.

Like this. This doesn't read as town.

##vote Allen
Here is the "this" Byers is referring to--

Allen Wren posted:

I'm not even going to bother replying, if you're going to tunnel me this hard, clearly you've got something else bothering you, so whatever, go ahead and get your turbo going.

Scumbo.
Dislike.

Because: the whole context here is Byers is making a big deal out of things (that's why he's scummy.) So to call Allen scum for his snippy reply, when he obviously doesn't like Byers' tone is bad sauce because it benefits Byers objectively in this situation to discredit a voice against him for getting fussy.

So many words.

Summary: Byers does not read sincere to me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm the best. (worst)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yuming were you just not paying attention yesterday? I mean, were you paying less than I was?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Byers is my #1 suspicion, but I also have a ~feeling~ here.

ljtrigirl posted:

##vote Byers
I agree with her, but she has said so little that it makes me suspicious.

Still reading.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yuming were you just not paying attention yesterday? I mean, were you paying less than I was?
I have not really read the game at all since I voted Byers D1. I am sorry I am the worst and should not have signed up for the games I did now, but I thought they were going to start sooner.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yuming posted:

Byers is my #1 suspicion, but I also have a ~feeling~ here.

I agree with her, but she has said so little that it makes me suspicious.

Still reading.

her saying little is probably connected to replacing out with busb

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yuming posted:

I have not really read the game at all since I voted Byers D1. I am sorry I am the worst and should not have signed up for the games I did now, but I thought they were going to start sooner.

Yeah I know that feeling.

As an aside what's tripping me up is that I've pretended to make reads on dead players as scum before and I'm trying to figure out if yuming would do that in that sort of gambit way or if it's alignment neutral

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

her saying little is probably connected to replacing out with busb
fffffff

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like really if yuming's complete lack of thread awareness is connected to alignment it isn't good. The motivation would be yuming being too busy to sink energy into pretending.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen yuming do that as scum

On the other hand that is a thing that happens to town players as well. Heck I checked out earlier this game and made the same ljtrigirl error so I'm not one to throw stones

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yuming, what is making you busy irl right now?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I missed a sad argument and now I just feel even worse for not being around at deadline ... I'm so sorry!! I probably can only play during summer break proper, tbh. We'll see after things get settled.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Replace out.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yuming, what is making you busy irl right now?
I started a new job that is an hour away, this week is training, and I was away from a computer Tuesday and also felt sick yesterday.

So many excuses.

I have more time off coming up, students don't start until after Labor Day. It's just hard to time with deadlines I don't want to replace out!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I see what you mean busb. These posts are terrible--

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why are we backing off of wren?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yeah Allen over reacted and I was just loving around at the beginning but now I'm serious.

Magnus Gallant posted:

Emotional you are.
Because Mags is actively prodding an already annoyed player, when it is easy to do so. So scummy.

##vote Magnus

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ehh, this checks out actually

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hmmmm...

I thought that might be a fair point from Byers, but when he was talking about redirecting discussion back, he was replying to busb posting how he didn't like Byers trying to constrict the discussion. And the post busb quoted then to complain about was:

Byers2142 posted:

At this point, CPIG and Allen are the two that should be up for discussion. CPig for the initial reaction and his tap dance between Allen and myself, and Allen for his more extreme reaction to any pressure, not just mine.

The remaining scum right now are sitting back and avoiding making any waves, but notice how many people are avoiding talking about those two.

At this point, the votes were between Allen and Byers. CPig was certainly getting ignored, but not Allen. And the new case on Magnus hadn't even been started yet. I can't see what all this other conversation is that Byers was worried about distracting from his super-early case built on jokevotes. Unless he was just worried about himself getting voted for. Sussness on Byers: rising.

But right now to help me decide, I'd most like to hear what everyone thinks about CPig.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bifauxnen posted:

Nope, no heat on him yet apart from Byers just going "why so defensive??" It just gave me a scummy vibe though, like cautiously stepping back out of the spotlight while subtly gesturing "hey get a load of THIS guy" to let Allen go on digging his own grave. I feel like a more towny reaction would have been some solidarity, after CPig was calling out Byers just as bad for starting poo poo.
I think this guy/merk was/is town. They have good opinions that read from an organic ~town~ perspective.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

I think this guy/merk was/is town. They have good opinions that read from an organic ~town~ perspective.
To clarify, I don't mean "good = I agree" more like "good = honest and with internally consistent logic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I would also vote Byers.

Good night thread. Tomorrow is an free/room setup day so I will have time to check my phone.

• Locked thread