Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jeesis posted:

Cannot Fulton self, confirmed for poo poo.

Fulton a jeep and sit in it, fulton a container and stand on top of it. Think outside the box man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Every new Games thread attracts miserable Games posters who despise fun, games and in fact the entire concept of games. Do your best to ignore them or come to the good MGS thread in Imp Zone, a positive place.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Maybe I will.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Richard McBeef posted:

Looking forward to goons defending an incomprehensible storyline written by a madman.

Looking forward to blowing your skull in half with a riot shotgun.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Add this to op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xagZxGiog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_OLQbe068

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

beedeebee posted:

outside the box

never

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Alexander DeLarge posted:

https://twitter.com/popcicle/status/637235766167384065

So from what I understand, check at 5:00PST and see if it unlocked, if not, try VPNing in, if not, it's a universal release. Even they can't figure this poo poo out.
All this double talk and double crossing is meant to get us in the mind state of real Big Boss going up against Cipher.

10am PST the day of release makes more sense because that's the Steam default and anything else requires extra deals be made.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

But if it's the Steam default it'll be midnight before I get to play it! I can't take Wednesday off work! KONAAAMIIII!

Waiter at the end doing :wtc: is the best.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

zedprime posted:

All this double talk and double crossing is meant to get us in the mind state of real Big Boss going up against Cipher.

10am PST the day of release makes more sense because that's the Steam default and anything else requires extra deals be made.

I just can't see them making New Zealanders wait an entire day over the console versions, but then again, Konami. Who knows, we'll see. This would be one of the first really high profile games to not make concessions for Oceanic customers (given that they're supposed to launch on 9/1 everywhere).

thelordkanchi
Sep 14, 2012
Gotta have my V.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I just can't see them making New Zealanders wait an entire day over the console versions, but then again, Konami. Who knows, we'll see. This would be one of the first really high profile games to not make concessions for Oceanic customers (given that they're supposed to launch on 9/1 everywhere).

Japanese release date is the 2nd, so I guess you're just getting what they get.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
While I pre-ordered a CE in March, my honeymoon ended up being booked Sept 2 to Sept 10. So I get a few hours of play Tuesday night/Wednesday morning before getting on a plane for France for a few days in the Alps in the south, then a few days in Paris.

Nerd-deflated for some time, my nerd-hype/emotion rollercoaster accelerated when I found out that there is a Metal Gear Cafe and Metal Gear Store in Paris to hype the launch. I was very excite to visit this romantic restaurant on my honeymoon. Luckily, we are renting an apartment a few minutes walk away from both locations.

Now this morning, I'm learning that they are shutting down operations around Sept 5, but I wont set foot in Paris until Sept 7. :negative:

Honorable Lord Kojima, I know I have wronged you, but must you torture me thus

e/n/tl;dr: I can only play this game for a few hours at launch, and I will also narrowly miss visiting the MGS5 cafe in Paris

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.

beedeebee posted:

Fulton a jeep and sit in it, fulton a container and stand on top of it. Think outside the box man!

Yeah but that is Fultoning objects then being on/on top of them. I want the ability to knock myself out then Fulton myself. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CharlieWhiskey, it is your fault for declaring love for a person who is not the world's sexiest man, Hideo Kojima.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

CharlieWhiskey posted:

While I pre-ordered a CE in March, my honeymoon ended up being booked Sept 2 to Sept 10. So I get a few hours of play Tuesday night/Wednesday morning before getting on a plane for France for a few days in the Alps in the south, then a few days in Paris.

Nerd-deflated for some time, my nerd-hype/emotion rollercoaster accelerated when I found out that there is a Metal Gear Cafe and Metal Gear Store in Paris to hype the launch. I was very excite to visit this romantic restaurant on my honeymoon. Luckily, we are renting an apartment a few minutes walk away from both locations.

Now this morning, I'm learning that they are shutting down operations around Sept 5, but I wont set foot in Paris until Sept 7. :negative:

e/n/tl;dr: I can only play this game for a few hours at launch, and I will also narrowly miss visiting the MGS5 cafe in Paris

your honeymoon is ruined

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Quiet needs to wear more, Big 'Naked-Punished-Venom Snake' Boss and Ocelot need to wear less.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Guy cares more about software made by salarymen than banging his wife in their week long honeymoon in France. RIP marriage

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
PC gets no iDroid app.

lol pcmasterace

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Japanese Phone Box posted:

Guy cares more about software made by salarymen than banging his wife in their week long honeymoon in France. RIP marriage
Please don't dismiss Gaming.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thread is off to a real AIDSy start.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Aurain posted:

CharlieWhiskey, it is your fault for declaring love for a person who is not the world's sexiest man, Hideo Kojima.

this_is_hard posted:

your honeymoon is ruined

true

Japanese Phone Box posted:

I kno rite

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Romes128 posted:

PC gets no iDroid app.

lol pcmasterace

Yeah that kinda sucks but oh well! Just a few more days, Bosses.

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.

Yardbomb posted:

Quiet needs to wear more, Big 'Naked-Punished-Venom Snake' Boss and Ocelot need to wear less.

Someone in the last thread posted this.

:eyepop:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Metal Gear Solid V

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

CharlieWhiskey posted:

You know, you could just bring your system of choice with you and play the game at night after your wife goes to sleep.

...my wedding is Sept 5 and I'm strongly considering doing that myself.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Lord knows you'll stay up til the wee hours and be grumpy af all day when you will be out with your new wife.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Vita remote play. Wifi tends to be free with hotel stays outside of the US.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jeesis posted:

Someone in the last thread posted this.

:eyepop:

Yes, I think this will do :mrgw:

thelordkanchi
Sep 14, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

Vita remote play. Wifi tends to be free with hotel stays outside of the US.

In my experience it's been free in the US too.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Nail Rat posted:

You know, you could just bring your system of choice with you and play the game at night after your wife goes to sleep.

...my wedding is Sept 5 and I'm strongly considering doing that myself.

If this were just Some Trip, I would totally be doing this. She gets one week without MGS5, then I get the rest of Twenty Fifteen to CQC bears.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Anderron Shi posted:

Lord knows you'll stay up til the wee hours and be grumpy af all day when you will be out with your new wife.

Exactly. Please don't do this my god what is wrong with you.

Everyone knows the only real solution here is to cancel the wedding.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

GreatGreen posted:

Exactly. Please don't do this my god what is wrong with you.

Everyone knows the only real solution here is to cancel the wedding.

Woah woah woah that's a little much there buddy.

Maybe just postpone it.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

CQC your wife, never leave the hotel, beat mgs5 on your honeymoon.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Big Boss would want you to enjoy your honeymoon

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

CharlieWhiskey posted:

She gets one week without MGS5, then I get the rest of Twenty Fifteen to rocket punch bears.

fixed

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

net cafe scandal posted:

Thread is off to a real AIDSy start.
Kaz, I need a supply of AZT dropped in ASAP

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

mosin nagant tranq dat ho

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

then take diazepam and smoke cigs

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Since this fucker won't unlock until 8 PM local on Tuesday, I'm going to play GZ on Tuesday and pretend I'm playing the first act of PP (which I guess is true in some way) and cry bitter tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

tv commercial for mgsv pp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwRA9kSzYRQ

• Locked thread